Is this Kino?

Is this Kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EeoNDckp0ZE
youtu.be/3-64R-Of8tU?t=15335
youtube.com/watch?v=u8HT5D-shgQ
youtube.com/watch?v=bEPG08HHnqk
youtube.com/watch?v=zYRInc9aF0w
youtube.com/watch?v=3Rj3VZNgUfE&list=PL2vBnPCQT4WIMtDw9D59K06rc2StPOcYF&index=11
youtube.com/watch?v=QmsAH20mO10
youtube.com/watch?v=mFcNF2RyrUw
youtube.com/watch?v=JZ_fr5bpt44
youtube.com/watch?v=_u38QeddS70(Season
youtube.com/watch?v=CUqbMEiBmAk&list=PLZL5YJe9FLcDUVjixiD-U6AKIVEvDzg--
youtube.com/watch?v=3-64R-Of8tU
youtube.com/watch?v=9e0jUmiIjQM
youtu.be/8nTZ8Fsht9U
youtu.be/Hv3ywhwNSa0
youtube.com/watch?v=WcZG1VUfn1k&list=PL2vBnPCQT4WIMtDw9D59K06rc2StPOcYF&index=4
youtube.com/watch?v=8YrfyeurqnI
youtube.com/channel/UCII0hP2Ycmhh5j8lS4cexBQ/playlists?view=50&sort=dd&shelf_id=1
roosterteeth.com/show/red-vs-blue
youtu.be/YLN0ZJK0eK8
youtube.com/watch?v=MtrD6WZvKhU
youtube.com/watch?v=pWUWCQl-Pq8
youtube.com/watch?v=fPGjnszjfi8
youtu.be/6v_rGwTDw38
m.youtube.com/watch?v=GbjA6rB98Yk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It is.
Thanks to Netflix, I re-discovered it existed after like 7 years since the last episode I saw; I don't even play Halo, it was just some funny YouTube videos from my high school years.
I enjoyed it back then, but then I started ignoring it; I thought maybe it actually sucked hard, I was just a kid when I liked it.

But nope, it's literally a god-tier show. The Recollection series still have the one greatest plot twist I ever saw in any media, Project Freelancer is so bad you might as well skip it entirely, but the last seasons are really fucking better.

Season 1-5 is a funny webseries, everything after that is another thing. They evolved so much, but they finally found a compromise between serious plot and sketch comedy.
Sure they had to go through some really boring seasons of unwanted seriousness, but right now they're better than ever.

Pic related is a screenshot from current season.

Seasons 1-2 are just plain funny

Seasons 3-5 are a bit eh

Seasons 6-10 are KINO

Seasons 11-whatever are eeeehhhhh

Why was Freelancer bad? I enjoyed it but I accept that I may be a pleb. Admittedly not much happened in the present but I liked watching the flashback stuff.

More like

Seasons 1-2 are just trying to find what kind of show they're trying to be

Seasons 3-5 are funny

Seasons 6-8 are KINO

Seasons 9-10 are tedious

Seasons 11-14 are top tier

there are 14 seasons of a videogame-based show?
wut

The present stuff is pretty much a "let's do seasons 1-2 again", which was ok, but the flashback stuff took way too long and wasn't that well directed.
Fights were ok, but the CGI was bad and the story didn't really need two seasons to get told.
Shit, you get some of the most important key points of that seasons by a filler episode from current season. That's not good storytelling

It started as a simple machinima youtube series of 2 minutes shorts, now it's a CGI animated space drama comedy with high emphasis on choreographic fights.

It doesn't really have anything to do with Halo, they only reference it like three times as a joke; they just use Halo to film it because that's what they used to do back then. Halo developers like it so much they added particular modes to their games, making it easier to capture the videos for the show.

I miss Monty

I stopped watching when they started to develop the technology and post production more, some time before Reach released.

They turned Blood Gulch into one of the comfiest settings I've seen in anything, though.

Halo is shit and so is its lore.

Good thing Red vs Blue is years ahead current Halo lore then.
It's way better.

This is a good point

Was Leet World kino?

god, I do too
mainly because I wanted those rigs

>Tfw I only want a mini series about this scary fuck

Project Freelancer is the best you'll get

that's not Arbie n the Chief

Arbie n the Chief was fun, sure.
But it's really only comparable to the very first seasons of RvB.

He had an awesome theme too
youtu.be/EeoNDckp0ZE

First 8 seasons are fantastic, I've probably re watched up until that point 20+ times, even more for the earlier ones while they were still coming out
I have watched the ones since then but after that point I fell they lose something, 9 and 10 had some cool actionshit but still missed that /comfy/ of the previous seasons

Try seasons 11-13, it's pretty much seasons 6-8 in terms of atmosphere. The only difference is, they take their time to give jokes their importance in the series. Try 14 if you just want full comedy episodes of nothing actually happening.

So blue team best team, right?

Truly the End of Evangelion of video game machinima.

This is the correct summation

Fucking bluetard

Been airing for 14 years and it's still legitimately fucking good.

It's had shifts in tone and genre, but the only really bad season I'd argue is probably 9

They're so best it's kind of unfair. They even make fun of how the Reds tend to not do any of the important stuff.

I wonder though if killing Church is really gonna stick. He's pretty much been the protagonist for the whole series.

Lyle is better.

this.

Those mercenary episodes were by far the best ones from 14.

Unfortunately, due to the anthology style they're going with, the rest of the stuff is inherently a mixed bag. Some of them are great, like the ones explaining how the guys all ended up in Blood Gulch, while others are just pure pointless filler.

I appreciate what it's trying to do, but I'm really hoping 15 picks up after Chorus. There's a lot of story material left hanging.

There are 3 types of RVB fans.

Those who were old enough to watch the show on the old website as they were still making season 1/2
24-30 year olds

"Seasons 1-3 were god tier and the rest was shit!"

Those were too young to watch it then, or discovered it super late after 2008
19-24 year olds

"Seasons 1 and 2 have no story, its stupid. It REALLY picked up after season 3"

Toddlers when the show came out.
"The old seasons are boring it's just talking. Halfway through the series its so cool the fight scenes are so cool!"

9-17 year olds.

INB4 MUH EXCEPTION HOW DARE YOU NOT POINT OUT EVERY EXCEPTION TO EVERY RULE

I'm 24, and appreciate the different seasons for what they do. 1-5 is comedy, plain and simple. It's great. 6-8 are a dramedy that mixes humor with a more focused storyline, and even starts to add in original animation.

9-10 are psuedo anime by the guy who went on to make a real pseudo anime.

11-13 are back to dramedy, and basically continues thematically where 6-8 left off.

I will say though that 9-10 are probably the worst. They're flashy, but they just are miles away from anything else in terms of the series' tone. Even the music, which was a lot of soft twangy guitar, suddenly became power-metal shit with some rap thrown in.

Also people started taking their helmets off, which was something they never should fucking have done. Thank god they stopped before any of the real Reds or Blues could be shown.

I really cant get into it. I tried watching the first season but i find the humor really bad and the plot shallow.
Arby n the chief on the other hand is KINO.

22 yo here, all
said is true

when I was 13 it was.

Try season 3-5 or 6-8

Yeah, season 13 was kino

The humor might just not be for you, though the plot definitely isn't shallow, especially the more you go on.

At the start, it's kind of just a satire of the tedium of military life, and the concerns over inept choices in the power structure, but all the questions eventually get legitimate answers.

Rewatching it now that it's on netflix
Still great.

My niggas

Do you have to be the kind of person who think Kung Pow is a comedy masterpiece to love this series or something? Even when I was a teenager this shit barely made me crack a smile.

Kung Pow was absurdist humor very little rhyme or reason to it. RvB is built on running gags. 14 seasons worth of them.

Yh same its pathetic

That's because you're a sad, sad person.
I feel sorry for you.

yee boi, I agree with this post it was shit and always was shit
FUCK THIS THREAD
FUCK THIS THREAD

Seasons 3-5 are God tier and the rest are very good too

I was sceptical about this anthology season at first but it's actually been pretty funny so far, there's only been a few episodes I haven't really liked.

The only problem I have with the latest is that they decided to do it on a cliffhanger ending. I want to see what happens after 13.

The season 14 finale airs tomorrow, right?

youtu.be/3-64R-Of8tU?t=15335

youtube.com/watch?v=u8HT5D-shgQ

I unironically like the music in the show.

Trocadero was my favourite band for like a year as a teenager. I thought I'd cringe pretty hard listening to them now, but as you said it's unironically enjoyable

I think that can be said about most of RvB as a whole.

You expect it to be pretty cringecore when you look back at it, but a lot holds up.

first seasons were great, at least if you played the games. after that the humor got a bit stale, until Reconstruction which was actually pretty good, great blend of fun and drama.

i think they started making the shorts around that time, which were also really good

>Red vs. Blue vs. Rooster Teeth

Airs tomorrow. Guessing it's going to be a crossover episode with other Rooster Teeth stuff.

this.

>tfw it isn't 2007 and you're not meeting up with your friends to co - op halo 3 after school

We need more Joel Heyman.
Burnie fucking bring him back to the podcasts, please.

youtube.com/watch?v=bEPG08HHnqk

>That's cute, look at you, you're thinking you're still relevant

>After Reconstruction hit you're completely insignificant

That's fucking cold.

Hey, didn't Jaramy make these?

It's an update of an old video with the actually VAs and some new stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=zYRInc9aF0w

Here's the original.

Not particularly the early seasons were pretty funny

The drunk tank and the podcasts with Joel, Burnie, Gus and Gavin were the comfiest shit to fall asleep to

What the fuck is Arby n the Chief? Wasn't it just some guy fucking around with action figures and a text to speech program?

It preceded YouTube. It was still gaining lots of views despite being hosted on their literally nothing website.

I remember downloading it off of limewire back in like, 2004.

Good times.

Red vs. Blue is actually currently airing on television. Not mention it's on Netflix.

This has literally nothing to do with videogames, sorry.

Are Pixar movies also Cred Forums material because they're 3D?

its been years since I bothered watching RVB who is this? I just thought it was spartans in blood gulch

That's a character from seasons 11 onward. That shot specifically is from a three-part season 14 side-story.

youtube.com/watch?v=3Rj3VZNgUfE&list=PL2vBnPCQT4WIMtDw9D59K06rc2StPOcYF&index=11

So where are the spartans? Wheres Sarge Griff and Simmons?

Well it's a side-story for a reason. Season 14 focuses on expanding things from outside the main plot.

I'm guessing those episodes in particular take place either before, or just as the Blood Gulch stuff is happening.

The core main cast is pretty much always there, though.

>people actually watch RT videos that aren't Gavin being right but explaining things like shit so everyone assumes he's wrong

tell that to church

Trying to limit spoilers, but yeah.

Oh come on, fucking headlight fluid dude, do I need to say more?

>yee boi
drop the niggerspeak, thanks friend.

He clearly meant the headlight washer fluid.

He died "for real this time guys" like 3 or 4 times by now

Think they're really gonna stick with it? I mean he's even showed up fairly consistently in season 14.

The Drunk Tank was kino.

>ywn listen to episode 1-150 for the first time ever again
>tfw no more Joel talking about economics like a /biz/ autist
>tfw no more Geoff, Griffon, and Gus taking turns shitting on Jack
>tfw no more Geoff telling private stories that would eventually get him in trouble with Griffon
>tfw no more fat Burnie

>people actually watch a series about retards voicing over spartans in Forge

Makes me cringe desu. Can't watch more than 5 minutes of this. It's pure 2005 millennial humour.

The tech at the beginning was low, but a lot of the writing and editing are solid.

There's a reason it's one of the longest running sci-fi shows currently airing.

Oh you mean the Lostcast?

I would unironically listen to Joel rambling about gold for hours.
I could actually listen to him talking about whatever the fuck he wants until he tires himself out, I relate to that dude so much it's not even funny.

>Leonard Church commits suicide
>Church got killed by Sheila
>Alpha dies at the end of Recollection because of the EMP bomb
>Epsilon get permanently stuck in that memory thing
>Epsilon eventually dies at the end of Carolina storyline

I mean they keep bringing him back
There's no Red vs Blue without Church

I used to listen to the drunk tank in fall while raking leaves in the yard, max comfy

I still remember some of the good theme songs

Yeah, but does Bernie want to voice him anymore? He's got a whole business to run, and he stopped directing episodes years ago.

>so young he isn't even a millennial

Forge mode exists because of this show.

Daily reminder.

youtube.com/watch?v=QmsAH20mO10

Literally killed because his wife wanted a cat.

Sad thing is, the quality of RvB, and from what I hear, RWBY, actually improved after he passed.

Yeah, Red vs Blue turned into drama anime while he was working on it.
After he died, it got back to comedy and cool plots.

>Literally killed because his wife wanted a cat.

Holy shit is this really what made him go into hospital? Source?

I thought he died because of complications during a relatively simple medical procedure or something like that?

>show

>top jew

Wife got a cat
Monty was super fucking allergic to cats
Started taking allergy shots to accommodate
It messed him up bad, eventually ends up in the hospital
Goes into coma
Dies

It is a show, though.

I was never really into his animu or fight scene choreography, but that was fucking sad as shit

Christ, I didn't know this.
Can't imagine how his wife must have felt.

>14 seasons, airing on tv and Netflix
>you can buy DVDs and merchandise

>not a show

>women

what are you trying to say here?
I genuinely am failing to understand your point.

You think he's gay? Bi?
He always seemed a tad too attached to Burnie, Jack and eventually Adam.

Didn't she pull the plug on him before his parents even got there?

Yes

Season 3 coming soon, brother

Jesus what a cunt

What the fuck?
Please, tell me you're making that up

I don't believe that. Not because I think it's untrue, but because I don't want to live in a world where that happened

WTF, he wasn't even rich
not cool

Women, not even once

God I want barb to sit on my face with her big tinky canadian ass while meg gives me a footjob and ashley pisses on me

Church is best character

You cant prove me wrong

He is.

I mean he's basically the protagonist. By far gone through the most shit.

No, but this is.
>That fucking ending
Actually made me cry over two fucking toys offing themselves.

>Tfw genuinely love this show, and really anticipating all the episodes of Season 8

Fuck it, I guess I'll watch it.

Same here man

Tbqh, i dont get the whole in-game shit at the moment. Is it relevant to anything, or is it just Jon being Jon and making stuff seem more important than it actually is?

Honestly, you can skip Season 1 and 2 and just start with 3. 3 is where it semi began to have an overarching plot. Just know that in Season 5, and stops being a comedy for the most part.

The in-game stuff is Arbiter regaining his memories of everything. In Episode 4 I believe, after the credits, you can see a box shake, which is obviously the box Chief and Arbiter are in.

So it kind of follows RvB in that sense?

I guess so. You can watch Season 1 and 2 if you want, as someone compiled every season into one video on YouTube (you'll need a proxy to watch Season 5 and all of Season 7), but man did S1 and 2 age badly. Even Jon himself hates those seasons.

Fuck, forgot my links

youtube.com/watch?v=mFcNF2RyrUw (S1 and 2)

youtube.com/watch?v=JZ_fr5bpt44 (S3 including the former final episode Endgame)

youtube.com/watch?v=_u38QeddS70(Season 4, set quality to 240p and refresh, otherwise you can't watch it)

youtube.com/watch?v=CUqbMEiBmAk&list=PLZL5YJe9FLcDUVjixiD-U6AKIVEvDzg-- (Season 5 playlist)

youtube.com/watch?v=3-64R-Of8tU (Season 6)

youtube.com/watch?v=9e0jUmiIjQM (Season 7, you'll need a VPN or proxy for this)

wew, 240p. I get it's old though. Could still probably use an RvB styled remaster.

Yeah, it sucks, but, Jon can't do anything about the 240 seasons. He doesn't work with Machinima anymore. He's actually making Season 8, but independently from Machinima, and it's pretty good so far.

Griffin, Geoff, and Gus were the best team for the Drunk Tank. Joel was too excitable to sleep to, he'd get passionate about something and you'd want to know how it turned out.

Burnie still likes writing, he puts himself on camera all the time, and I think he directs stuff now and then. He doesn't run RT (Matt does) but he does a lot of other shit (producing practically every show RT does) so he doesn't have time to direct it.

>He's actually making Season 8
Where?

Literally all made up. He had an allergic reaction during an elective procedure (the details haven't been released). He was super-allergic to a lot of stuff, specifically juniper which is used in medical procedures. Monty was never a super-healthy guy, he worked himself to exhaustion on a regular basis. The cat stuff is total bullshit, as is 'pulling the plug'. He was in a coma for 10 days, and his family was there when he finally died (though it was a sudden worsening, so they might not have been in the room).

1-5 are comedy kino
6-8 are just plain fucking kino
9-10 are okay
11-13 are.. okay too

>Those shitty Halo 4 armors.

Downloading that with dial-up was a bitch.

I think 9-10 (especially 9) are less than okay, while 11-13 are really solid.

Eh, actually I agree with 9-10 I gave them too much credit.
As for 11-13 I don't like the route they took. Blood Gulch crew is to the sidelines and there's lots of drama that doesn't compare to the well done season 6 and 8 drama imo.
I don't like Kimbal or the two Mercs or chorus and the comedy's taken a back seat along with the OG crew.
Only episodes I loved of 13 were the last two where the Blood Gulch crew finally gets some responsibility and action instead of just having Carolina and Wash defend them and hog screentime when I don't like either of them.

The only thing I can say I loved about 11-13 was Caboose's "drama" where they focus on his friends and such, that felt well done.
But they did a 180 on Sarge especially along with others.
It wasn't bad but I didn't enjoy it much. Especially 12.

4 styled armor, but it's original CG. Grif's got his Brute Shot back.

are you guys ready for the Meg nudes coming soon ?

>That original CG with those shitty Halo 4 armors

For me it was the Caboose making friends episode.
I unironically cried to it after a second viewing. I feel ashamed.

Meg is not attractive at all but she does have a nice body.

Tucker armor is clearly from Halo 3

coming from someone who doesn't like machinima

season 1 is decent
season 2 doesn't introduce anything interesting
season 3-? haven't watched it, too little happening in season 2.

Thank god.
Still a shitty way to die, don't get me wrong, but at least his wife wasn't a cunt

I really liked the Chorus Trilogy as a whole. The payoff of the Freelancer stuff was that the Blood Gulch Crew became recognized heroes, and they had to adapt to that. 12 involving them trying to train a team, and get involved in a real war was neat, and I liked a lot of the character development going on. Tucker seems like there's a lot set up for him from season 15 on.

I don't really see how the main Reds and Blues are to the sidelines, especially in comparison to season 9, which was watching Monty's Halo OCs do "awesome" anime battles, while Church fucked around in an irrelevant side plot.

Season 12 still centered around members of the main cast, but it was mostly the ones you wouldn't expect. Side guys like Tucker and Grif, which was nice.

I thought Locus and Felix's story was solid too. Felix's slow breakdown as he realizes he's underestimating these guys, while Locus develops from a blank Omega knock off, to a sympathetic character, who may not even be a villain now.

>coming soon

You mean, "as soon as someone leaks them from the Patreon"? Or is the gallery going public?

My god her face is terrible, she REALLY needs those big glasses and the wacky hair colours to distract from it.
She takes those glasses off and just ages 10 years, poor girl.

youtu.be/8nTZ8Fsht9U

One of the best season 14 episodes.

Arby n the Chief is better

There was a lot of shitflinging after Monty died (can't remember the name of that guy who wrote the huge screed about how he was Monty's soulmate and RT were monsters pissing on his grave) but literally everyone says that he and Sheena were incredibly caring towards each other. She may or may not have had a cat, but he had started treatment for allergy stuff long before the cat to just make it through life. She didn't murder him via feline.

You got a long way to go, buddy. More structured plot though is coming. I'm guessing you're going to heavily prefer seasons six and on.

His own channel

Jon CJG

>This set is up for $40 backers (and the 2 tiers above that), but this photo uncensored isn't out. I posted it here bc I'm trying to say I have taken the photos I've said I've taken, I just haven't figured out yet how I want to release them or when, so have faith, it'll happen and if blind faith isn't enough here's a little proof, ya know?

>I don't really like the "pay per set" model - just a personal preference, but I feel like if people are already paying per month it's lame to ask again just for a particular set. Basically, it comes down to this: I'd really like my first topless set to be for a major brand (Playboy, FHM - that sorta thing.) so I'm talking to a few to figure out if that's possible. Once that's out, it's less of a big decision to post the photos I've been taking in the meantime. If that doesn't happen, I'll figure something else out.

It baffles me how she thinks selling pictures of her tits is empowering

so this is a let's play video?'
jk i know exactly what it is i just find the format unacceptable for a legitimate form of entertainment

Are she and Gavin still together?

By season 8 they started using original CG to do things that machinima was preventing them from trying.

youtu.be/Hv3ywhwNSa0

Yes.

I'd feel pretty good about myself if I could sell pictures of me in underwear and make a living off of it. Though looking at her Twitter, I'm more impressed that she can keep up the facade of positivity when it's constantly full of pictures of guys with their wankshrines, carefully framing every polaroid she sends.

Wait, that's Tucker?
I need to watch the new seasons.

At the end of Season 13, they find Metas armor and Tucker decides to wear it, because they need some extra firepower, since they are in a dead end and are being chased by hostile soldiers

Tucker puts on the Omega's armor to give the Reds and Blues a fighting chance to get out of a situation where they're cornered, but for it to work, the A.I. version of Church has to reformat himself to power the suit.

Whole season ends on that cliffhanger, and the next is followed up by a whole year of prequel and anthology-styled episodes just to blueball people.

Yes

>I'd feel pretty good about myself if I could sell pictures of me in underwear and make a living off of it.

Does she even make that much money off of 14 year olds jerking off to her cosplay? And what kind of career is that? One that will be over once she's 30, I'm pretty sure of that. She literally "quit roosterteeth" to do this

Yeah, seasons 9 and 10 are total crap, but the Recollection trilogy is dope and season 11 is actually one of their funniest.

>Does she even make that much money off of 14 year olds jerking off to her cosplay?

Apparently yes, because she literally quit Roosterteeth to do it full time. Girl is pulling in 6 figures annually at 29, I'm certain that's more than you and I make put together.

>23k for literally doing nothing

"women have harder lives than men"

I mean fucking good for her, but I sure as hell would be worried about how long that gravy train could hold out.

why does she even need it? She has Gavin who is two fucking industries by himself, plus she had what appeared to be a good job at roosterteeth as a presenter and podcast guest.

No fuck that I wanna get my tits out like my hero, the well-respected professional useful adult Sara Underwood

>Liked the old drunk tank podcast and shorts season 1 and 2 were great tier comedy

>Podcast now is rich people complaining about being famous and shitting on the common folk
>Talking about Twitter for an hour
>Talking about parties they go to

>Shorts are now shot by and featuring annoying PewDiePie level retards

These fuckers sold out hard.

halo is a videogame you fuck

She mentions that in passing in the Game Time she did with Burnie. She wants to do some specific more shoots, specifically topless/nude stuff, before her body goes to shit. After that she might do costume design full time, start hosting stuff again, or do something else.

just saw an episode of season 14.

what does this have to do with halo? who are all these cgi characters? and where do i watch all of the episodes?

Seasons 1-13 are up on Netflix, which each season melded into seamless movies. Alternatively, it's on youtube too, but you have to deal with it chopped into individual episodes.

You learn about the characters when you watch the show.

Nothing

I dont know. What episode?

Youtube or their website

>would be worried about how long that gravy train could hold out

ONE

NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

Ive been out of the loop for awhile

Who the fuck are these guys?

Wheres the original cast like tucker and sarge?

I havent seen red vs blue since high school so it would be nice if someone could fill me in

my nigga it was

They are bounty hunters introduced in the Chorus trilogy (11-13)

Season 14 is just a bunch of short stories made by RT or their friends.

Season 15 will continue where 13 left off

Orange is Felix, green is Locus. Driver is Wu, who is a new character introduced in that short. May end up being important in the future.

Felix and Locus though are characters from the Chorus saga. Tucker, Sarge, and all those guys are still involved in the plot, it's just those episodes you're watching are a side story.

youtube.com/watch?v=WcZG1VUfn1k&list=PL2vBnPCQT4WIMtDw9D59K06rc2StPOcYF&index=4

Best set of season 14 episodes next to the mercenary ones.

Agent flowers baby!
>everytime you go against democracy, an eagle dies
god I missed this show, time to binge RvB for the 7th time

The revelation about Church is pretty fucked in those episodes.

Turns out, until Sheila blasted him in season 1, he was technically living in the animated corpse of another soldier.

thats what I kind of got on my fifth binge, at first, I thought he was in a mecha, since they cashed out bots in the canyon(brought up by washingtub)
but there was blood when he got blasted, got me thinking but not for long
everyones wanting to know what happened to Blood gulch gang at S.13, but im enjoying these

If you squint the two guys in that poster together look like a frogs face

>Chaptcha: Laughing colored pistachios

Red vs Blue has more endearing and memorable characters than the main Halo canon.

That's terribly sad.

Rewatching now since I stopped as a kid.

So far:
Reconstruction > 9 > 3 > Revelation > 5 > Recovery One > Out of Mind > 4 > Recreation > 2 > Relocated > 1 > Where theres a will theres a wall > MIA

got attached and more sad at Doyles death than cortanas
dang, even more so when church brought him back up again

What season are you on?

Just about to start 10

Cool. Find it interesting though that you rank season 9 that high. A lot of people have problems with it.

If you enjoyed it though, then 10 should be really fun for you, since I find that to be a step up in all regards.

not him but Grif getting exited about moving out only to be stuck back at blood gulch gives me laughter to no end

Season 9 was really different but I felt like it was a great balance of comfy SoL with Church's sci-fi weirdness and the search for Tex and cool action and world building in the freelancer stuff.

I can see how it could be offputting, especially for a nostalgiafag like me who grew up on the BGC, but it basically gave me everything I like from RVB all at once, it didn't bring the individual aspects to the heights of other seasons (aside from fights) but together it made an excellent package!

Also, BALLSY final episode.

The biggest issue I had with it were all the new characters it pushed to the spotlight. I mean up to that point, I was still kind of iffy on Wash.

Season 10 focuses more around the main cast.

It was shit 10 years ago and it's shit now

ebin, #wriggity #wrecked

It's autism

>I unironically watch webseries based off of video games and think the terrible voice acting and writing is funny

you know this isn't Cred Forums right?

I was cool with pretty much everybody, wash was good in my book after reconstruction, good to see York again, displaying the tragedy of the meta/maine makes for a more interesting rewatch of my favorite season, north and south arn't pushed too hard

It's only carolina that felt forced to me, hopefully season 10 will fix this.

>I watched 3 episodes from season 1 and assume I have seen all the show provides in 14 seasons

Wait. Why are there named things as well as numbered seasons? Are there stand alone things, are they chronological? If I watch on Netflix will everything be included in the right order?

I used to keep up with RvB from early Halo days, and the last thing I really remember watching was something to do with going back to the canyon after all that stuff on Zanzibar?

This thread is kinda making me want to go back.

Carolina actually ends up becoming one of my more liked characters. Not gonna spoil anything, but she's teamed up with a character that makes her work really well.

It's unironically better than 90% of the shit that's airing these days.
You would know, but you never went past season 2

sure it starts off kinda sluggish, it wasnt meant to go past season one. But after the hits they got, and the love they started to put more effort into it, I like it, its cool if you dont but dont just say its shit without saying why or im gonna give you a shit (you)
sides, movies get created from games all the time, so a show about a video game is nothing knew

You think the voice acting is bad?

I mean that's one of the things I've never really noticed or was bothered by. These guys have pretty much always sounded on point.

I like the song, its silly
youtube.com/watch?v=8YrfyeurqnI

There are some miniseries that unfortunately haven't been remastered, and aren't included in the main series.

youtube.com/channel/UCII0hP2Ycmhh5j8lS4cexBQ/playlists?view=50&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

It was a bit of a pain in the ass when I was going through the show. You might want to check Wikipedia for their placement between seasons.

They're ultimately not too important, but they do introduce some characters that become important later.

1-5 was true RvB

Everything after just got worse and worse.

Jeff Williams and his guys do good music.

I'm kind of glad though Nico Audy-Rowland took over again starting season 11. This was always his project from the beginning.

Pretty fun considering how 1 has very little to do with 5 in terms of pacing, humor and general themes.

1-5 is when it was a pure comedy, but I don't think it got worse. It got different.

Viewing order:

Season 1
Season 2
Season 3
Season 4
Out of Mind
Season 5
Recovery One
Reconstruction (6)
Relocated
Recreation(7)
Revelation(8)
Season 9
MIA
Where there's a wall theres a way
Season 10
Season 11
Season 12
Season 13
Season 14

Main seasons are on Netflix sode episodes are all on youtube for free.

I prefer the original webisode format, but many like the movie edits (you only lose a few jokes and they are in HD)

Some of the seasons starting with reconstruction require you to watch the trailers, they are canon clips you don't get anywhere else

Nice, thanks user.

Let me guess

you also think South Park was better when it just kids doing silly stuff instead of being a social commentary, right?

is it weird your best friend is still one of my fav songs
it gets sadder when I finished 13

Different guy, I think Red vs Blue is still excellent but I hold this opinion of south park.

The podcast is mostly just meh nowadays, they just talk about upcoming projects and games forever and ever. I'd prefer if it was just Gavin asking "what if" questions and dumb stories and little else

Everyone with the exception of Matt, Joel, Bernie, Geoff, and Gus are the literal cancer of RT

I don't think anyone can dispute RT went down the shitter, especially the podcast, but RvB has held up pretty well all things considering

Their animation team seems to be doing a lot right. Camp Camp turned out far better than I expected.

>want to give RvB a shot because of all the rage in this thread
>don't use Netflix so I do Youtube
>every episode ends with 15 seconds of 'p-p- please subscribe'
>can't sit back in bed and watch unless I also want to get annoyed at 15 seconds of dead air after every fucking episode

Who the fuck thought of this shit, this is enough to just make me stop, I don't even give a fuck about the quality of the show when you bring me bullshit like this

You can watch on the Rooster Teeth website as well.

roosterteeth.com/show/red-vs-blue

If you believe anything past season 3 is worth watching you are a pleb and probably still think recent Halo games are good.

>It stopped being good when I forgot to keep watching

Red vs Blue is one of the most consistent series still airing in terms of quality.

I lost interest when the quality noticeably dropped off in season 4 and gave it another chance every time it 'rebooted'. The attempts at drama and action in what used to be a playful light-hearted comedy are nothing short of cringe inducing.

The series doesn't "reboot", it continues off with new story arcs. Skipping entire seasons when this is a continuous story is ridiculous.

I mean especially with the comedy, which builds itself up off of running gags.

I just checked it and it has the same problem, except now it's also slower because of all the bloat from the website

It wouldn't even be a problem if the episodes were at least 10 minutes each, but they average at 3-4 fucking minutes and if I want to be comfy and watch from bed, I also have to watch that shit every 4 minutes; you can't tell me that's not annoying as all hell

>breaks flow
>breaks immersion
>anti-binge
>seeing it after 3 episodes is enough to make me want to kill myself
>all this to tell people they have the option to fucking Subscribe
Naw this shit is gay and I can't condone it

Well shit, sorry.

You can probably find the whole series up on torrents if you look, but Netflix is definitely the best way to binge.

>pop on netflix and flip on rvb on the tv
>just sleep or do things around the house with it in the background
its nice background noise desu

Welp looks like I'm out of luck, thanks for trying

Camp Camp was like South Park-lite, which isn't bad. The rap songs were kind of weird, though.

>All that licensed music just freely playing in the background

Yeah, that's definitely old youtube.

I loved Arbie n the Chief when it first came out, but I don't think I could watch it again. The humor is really dated.

Biggest hurdle for me is that the video quality is practically unacceptable by today's standards.

>S1-S5
>a bunch of jokes about lazy people but layering it with the Halo universe
>S6- onward
>that maximum edgelord church storyline

Fucking why. Just make it about jokes, man. God damn.

Seasons 6-8, and 11-14 have plenty of jokes. It's only in the Monty Oum seasons where things get pointlessly serious.

>dem trips
>monty was literally killed by getting a test for his cat allergy

It's kind of amazing, no?

No he wasn't, shut up

Well he died due to a massive allergic reaction. His fiance had a cat, so it stands to reason.

Is it weird that I don't follow the people behind RT, and just watch their shows?

I know they've got a whole network of podcasts, and they're all kind of e-celebs now, but I can't be assed to keep up with it.

I would agree with this with the caveat that despite how tedious they are, both 9 and 10 manage to end on a pretty strong note.

Honestly I like a fair bit of season 10, and the ending was pretty satisfying. I will say one thing though,

>Get to the end credits
>Hey, this song's kinda catchy, I wonder if there's a full version?
>oh god why are they singing in japanese

youtu.be/YLN0ZJK0eK8

I know Trocadero did it in like, season 5, but that was part of a fucking joke.

Trocadero dersercwes so much more than being "the background noise on red vs blue. They're dope as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=MtrD6WZvKhU

Legit good band.

youtube.com/watch?v=pWUWCQl-Pq8

When did we all get so old?

The first few seasons are genuinely funny

>tfw there's fuck all Halo machinima being made now

Does any machinima get made now?

The last big one that I'm aware of was Freeman's Mind, which finished up a year or two ago.

I'm sure theres a few literally who youtubers doing it but it seems the era is over.

It's understandable if he's only seen the first 2, where their equipment is shitty and they were finding their stride.

After 3, there's a very marked improvement.

Oh, so the movie versions do have some minor stuff cut? The completion-ist in me kinda wants to watch by webisode but Netflix is so convenient.

And, there are some trailers that act as lead ins for the later seasons? That's interesting, will remember to check that out.

Not only that but, the Machinima YouTube channel used to practically be a Halo channel. And these days? - Halo just isn't a big presence on YouTube anymore. Machinima branched off into other things.

And like you guys said, actually making machinima content has pretty much died along with any sort of large, healthy Halo community on YouTube.

Those days have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow.

Doesn't help that by all accounts, the Machinima channel is pure cancer on new creators.

The only hope someone has for breaking in is if they get a lucky hit or bounce off someone like RT or TFS.

>Oh, so the movie versions do have some minor stuff cut?

Nothing major. A lot of it comes down to smoothing out wrinkles when trying to merge individual episodes into a full movie. It's editing tweaks.

Trailers, miniseries, and I guess the comedy PSAs, aren't included though.

The second wave of hires were fine, since they fit in well with the old crew.
It's what came after that was the issue

I'm willing to agree with you. I think Gavin is alright too though

Probably gonna jinx it by saying it, but this thread could make it to when they post the season 14 finale later today.

Oh boy, Freeman's Mind, I had completely forgotten about that one. Nice to know it didn't get abandoned, makes me want to pick it up again.

We can always make a new one if it doesn't.
Comfiest thread I've seen in a while t b h

the tattoo PSA was GOAT

I stopped watching after 10. Don't get me wrong, I thought the fighting and what not was neat, but it really felt like the humor took the backseat, especially after season 8. Are 11-14 really good enough to warrant me watching this show again?

I thought 11 was a decent return to form for the comedy and just being a bunch of morons fucking about, but one of the antagonists got a bit under my skin.
I get that he was supposed to be the annoyingly cocky asshole type, but he gave off a coldsteel the hedgehog vibe to me, and it put me off taking up s12 when it came out.

From what the thread has said, I might give it a chance.

I'm toying with the notion of watching it again. It's been years.

Actually, now I go back and look, it's 12 where the antagonist is annoying, but there are some good parts.
11 was pretty much back to Blood Gulch style, and it was 13 I never really picked up.

The time of my defeat is through
I'm totally gonna pwn you

CHURCH I'M YOUR BEST FRIEND
THAT'S WHAT I AM TO YOU

Since we're talking about this, what the fuck happened to Arbie and the Chief?

I recall it getting really fucking dark and ending with them committing suicide or something.

Am I the only autist on the planet who prefers the headbob timing of the original SD episodes over the HD ones?

I do too.
I used to mute the videos and laugh like an idiot cause I found the head bobbing hilarious

Never did that, but yeah I think it's a real shame whoever did the reshoot wasn't faithful to the original direction.

The pacing is all off for the movies too, I like the intros and easy stopping points and the after credits jokes.

Sounds like a poetic reflection of machinima, honestly.

Whatever happened to that Halo TV show they announced like 3 years ago? The one with Spielberg.

Still no news

Blood Gulch chronicles were absolute kino. Seasons 6-8 were great. Gavin directed the machinima and had some great scenes with that.

Seasons 9-10 were ambitious but ultimately failed.

Seasons 11-13 are just meh. They bring in this whole new cast of characters that are boring and cliché as fuck. Honestly what happened was that RWBY became the cash cow (because making a generic anime is pretty much a no lose situation), and they put all the RWBY people (who are good at making anime, but not much else) in charge of RvB. Basically, it's run by a bunch of reddit-tier millenials writing fan fiction for a show they always wanted to be on.

Season 14 is mostly shit, with a few gems. It was more of a corporate season. "Hey, we're out of ideas, so let's make episodes featuring all of our sister sites like Funhaus, Screw Attack, etc."

And they even even tried to make the same mistake they did with seasons 9-10 by having an entirely animated plot about tryhard, 2 dimensional characters being "badasses".

I don't have much faith in this series anymore. Especially since they killed off Church for good this time.

Mostly accurate, but there really isn't much distinction between the first two groups. People make a bigger divide about BGC and the rest of the series than between seasons 1-2 and 3-5.

I really do miss the humor of 1-5, but they've already escalated to an action heavy dramedy, so they can't go back without losing their younger audience, who really just wants RvB to turn into RWBY.

>ANOTHER crossover episode

Is this just "Cross-promotion: the Season"?

>muh double gold

Joel is underutilized at that company. He's mostly used as the top resident actor, but he's pretty brilliant himself. Also the only republican at the company, so nice to hear different opinions.

>Especially since they killed off Church for good this time.
m8, do you really believe that?

How did they sucker in Elijah to RvB

Joel "You People Turn Off the Jungle Music" Heyman

If Felix annoys you, you should know season 13 isn't kind to him.

youtube.com/watch?v=fPGjnszjfi8

Tumblr on suicide watch

Yes. They already "brought him back from the dead" (sometimes I feel like I'm only the only one who remembers that Epsilon Church is not the original, and the Church from seasons 1-5 actually died), and I don't think they'll do a second cop out like that. Burnie specifically said that he doesn't like shows killing off characters and then bringing them back (and then joked about they had done that with Church). Then again, Burnie is the one writing the show anymore, so who knows.

People at RT are ridiculously good businessmen. They turned people talking over Halo multiplayer into an internet media empire.

What else did he have to do?

Jesus, is that shit still going on?

I haven't watched it, or any RT content, for about four years. I haven't watched Achievement Hunter for three years. They seemed to spread themselves too thin and try and do too much at once.

RvB went to shit when Monty started doing his HELLA FUCKING EPIC animated stuff and I realised it wasn't the show I loved anymore. Blood Gulch will never not be brilliant though.

I nearly cried at the line "If you're going to spent the rest of your life in a memory you might as well make it a good one". Great stuff.

What are they like as a company now? Should I bother trying to get back in to it or is it too different now?

Except that he gets more screen time than ever. Honestly, were any of the characters introduced on the planet any good?

Destroy the ring of power

I don't know man, I really liked season 1-13. It feels like most of the problems from 9-10 were fixed.

You ay they introduce a bunch of new characters, which is kind of true, but unlike with the Freelancer saga, they don't overshadow the Reds and Blues. The whole tone is also back to a mix of comedy and seriousness that made seasons 6-8 work.

Hell, even characters that I just didn't like started to gel. Carolina being teamed up with Church balanced her out.

>second

Nigga please

Absolutely. Tucker best blue.

>Grif has Gavin free as a trigger
>Donut telling shit like it is
>everything on Caboose
still one of my top shorts, Caboose drowning his talking comfy feet comes a close second

I like Felix and Locus. You had a cool role reversal there, where the former started off as a "mercenary with a heart of gold", and then turned into a fucking sociopathic asshole, while Locus was a silent brooding Meta knockoff, who grew to have more personality, and conflict over what's going on. He's not even really a bad guy anymore.

A lot of the other new characters weren't super deep, but they still okay. I liked Doyle.

They are more corporate now. They cut back on the over the top fight scenes in RvB, but the new seasons are that much better.

I feel like Burnie, Gus, Geoff, etc. are all still the same great guys they were based on what I see of them, but they're more disconnected from the community than they think because they only see what gets through the underlings. Also, it is apparent that now that they have big money, they are pursuing their real dreams.

They created RvB because they liked, but also because they could. But now they can do things they probably would have done instead of RvB had they had they the money at the time.

hell yeah, and jrs the best

>Caboose drowning his talking comfy feet comes a close second
Probably the funniest moment

I like how he showed up in the season 13 finale.

Also Grif's sister.

Thanks. Even back when I was still watching you could see where it was going. I miss watching AH stuff, although I have no idea who half the team is now, but there was so much content I wasn't watching anything else. I stopped watching it to watch all of Always Sunny (which they reference a lot) and by the time I finished about three months later I realised I would never catch up and I never went back.

RT got really annoying before I stopped watching AH though. It was nepotism central for a while. It seemed like they were throwing shit at the wall to see what stuck, which I kind of respect, because you couldn't do that with TV but you can with Youtube.

I don't know though, I had a lot of fun with that company for a long time but I suppose I'm not the same person and nor are they so I should just be glad for the ten years I spent with them.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Not that guy, but I would recommend checking out seasons 11 on of RvB if seasons 9-10 turned you off. It doesn't continue the style that the Freelancer saga followed.

I remember the days of Halo 1 and 2 with my buddies. I was always the one who had to supply the extra controllers even though we always played at someone else's house.
Wish I had known about RvB back then.

If you left on the memory thing, you're in for two seasons of anime drama, and three seasons of funny Recollection-tier episodes.

This is the comfiest thread ever and it's about a fucking machinima series
Really makes you think.

I think I actually did watch Season 11 but can't remember a thing about it. I just remember thinking I was done with it. I seem to recall it was better, but I couldn't get excited about it.

>not calling your old friends to join a server and play Halo 3 on pc one more time

>I'm not the same person and nor are they
That's the key. And the world isn't the same either. Rooster Teeth is a pretty unique thing, and not only must it change, but so does the world and the rest of us. Machinima in the early 2000's is something we could never experience again. We were young, video games were exploding, here was this extremely original and novel show on the Internet (the only internet shows that had existed at that time were flash), and it was all just so exciting and fun.

They had to evolve. Unfortunately, I don't like where they're going.

By the way, I used to watch all AH content and then stopped as well. Give Funhaus a try. I found that their concise, heavily edited videos give me more concentrated humor. As an adult, that's what I'm looking for more than the friend simulator that AH was. I still watch their content if I have some menial task to do where I can tune in and out though.

Season 11 was a mostly back to basics season where the guys were stuck in a canyon. I don't believe any original CG was used at all.

youtu.be/6v_rGwTDw38

Geoff will kill himself before the next season

miss duel wielding needle guns and calling out the pink train on my buds
good times

Bloody hell, mate. I was already working full time in 2007, you can't be that old. I'm pushing thirty now and I've been on Cred Forums for nearly as long as it's been around.

Oh, in that case I didn't watch it. Maybe I will then...

Ultimate vidya kino coming through

They aren't recollection tier, but they're better than 9-10. They still have a lot of annoying new characters were supposed to like, and it's in the gross Halo 4 engine. The new Halos kind of suck for machinima, and especially RvB. Probably because Halo went all dramatic.

Season 13 is one of my favorite in the show. I'd rank it up there with eight.

Yeah, but it takes a HARD right turn after that.

>dual wielding needle gun
That's halo 2 nigga

In season 8, there weren't really any weak characters. And the focus was still on the main guys.

In season 13, there's tons of boring characters that get way too much screen time, and we're supposed to be invested in the people of Chorus. Despite there not being a single like able native of that planet.

i know, sperg

>halo went all dramatic

Bullshit, halo 4 is way more colorful and less edgy/mature than Reach.

I guess I'm just going to have to disagree with that. I find the Chorus characters pretty okay. A lot of them aren't super deep, but none of them are bothersome like some of the Freelancer cast.

The focus is still mainly on the Reds and Blues, which have a lot going on.

Then play it asshole

Search for Project Cartographer, they recreated a fully working Halo 2 multiplayer for pc

I think the big thing that helped make me like them was that they were even bigger losers than the Blood Gulch Crew. They were in over their heads in a dumb pointless war. It's like the base premise magnified to an entire planet.

With the Freelancer Saga I just wanted these "super cool" anime Halo OCs to fuck off, and get back to the characters that were endearing.

Hell, look at the leaders of the two factions! Kimball is the most dull, humorless, uninteresting character I can think of in all RvB. Doyle is similar. The doctor is just her voice actress's character imported from RWBY.

"Oh look at how high pitched and upbeat my voice is as I say dark things! Isn't that quirky and cuuuuuute???

>I think the big thing that helped make me like them was that they were even bigger losers than the Blood Gulch Crew. They were in over their heads in a dumb pointless war.

That was clearly the goal, but it only works if the characters are endearing.

>"Oh look at how high pitched and upbeat my voice is as I say dark things! Isn't that quirky and cuuuuuute???

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GbjA6rB98Yk

No. Reach was as hollow as the earlier Halos in terms of depth. The problem was that the hollowness allowed consequence free fun and adventure in the first three. Reach doesn't have the fun (in terms of story of character). Reach was easily the game where the story was the most insignificant. However: it did serve a purpose: the story existed just to set up awesome scenarios for gameplay. Reach still has the most replay value despite the most boring characters and story.

Halo 4 legitimately tried to force you to care about the story and characters, and actually tried to give them depth. But inserting depth into characters that were MEANT to be one dimensional from the start was a mistake.

See, unlike with Reach, we remember the Chief and Cortana from previous games. Which is why it's so jarring to try to make them feel like real people all of the sudden.

Remember that idiotic scene where they establish that the CO is stupid by having him send the chief out without doing recon first? When the fuck did that ever bother the chief in Halo 1-3? Back then, it was understood that he was just the badass who steps on the necks you need stepped on.

This was a good thread.