"SWORDS ARE NO MORE USE HERE"

>"SWORDS ARE NO MORE USE HERE"
>proceeds to kill the balrog with a sword

good job hackson and hackien

Remind me what was his powers exactly? All he did for the whole trilogy was lit his staff and that's it.

Magic sword.

read book

In the time the movies took place magic wasn't as strong as it once was. Rember that Gandalf is sort of like a lesser angel in human form.

He still has some control over fire as he lit the pine cones on fire in the tree in the hobbit. He can produce light with his staff that can blind and disorient evil beings like orcs, bad spirits, etc. He seems to be pretty competent with a sword and has knowledge that can help his allies.

What a joke. And some dude said he was as powerfull as Sauron.

So he can light pinecone on fire and make light come out of a stick

What kind bullshit is that

So, ordinary human with a match box, or lighter would be literally Gandalf in Lotr universe.

>fall to the middle of the earth
>teleport to the top of a mountain

epic

He's not really allowed to do all the mad shit he's capable of, God said so.

>We fought far under the living earth, where time is not counted. Ever he clutched me, and ever I hewed him, till at last he fled into dark tunnels. They were not made by Durin’s folk, Gimli son of Glóin. Far, far below the deepest delving of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things. Even Sauron knows them not. They are older than he. Now I have walked there, but I will bring no report to darken the light of day. In that despair my enemy was my only hope, and I pursued him, clutching at his heel. Thus he brought me back at last to the secret ways of Khazad-dûm: too well he knew them all. Ever up now we went, until we came to the Endless Stair.

fuck off

>the world is gnawed by nameless things. Even Sauron knows them not
who is he talking about? i haven't read the books

why do you want him to have "powers" ? his whole mission was to be a guide/ally, not blow shit up marvel style

this is the only time they're mentioned iirc

like that old man could run for that long lmao

Because the fucking world is in danger and the habitants needs all the help they've got? And what kind a bullshit was his plan anyway? Let's send hobbits on a mission that has almost zero chance to success.

if god sent a fucking super wizard every time the world needed saving the humans would never unite/help each other and just be lazy pieces of shit and the big guy doesn't want that

What a fucking useful thread, what a contribution to society. Fuck me.

maybe you should, moviecuck

>willingly watching a half hearted gimped version of something because it's easier

seriously fuck you, virgin

Well thank you god, for creating a powerfull being that is up to conquer the whole world and is somehow our fucking problem that we had to deal with.

> Not knowing about biased master memer Eru who allows them to succeed.

>every thread on a mongolian hentai board has to contribute to society

>Swords are of no more use here
>no more use here
>here

He moved. Then used the sword, dumbass.

good point
close thread

Don't you see some epic worms in the hobbit that dig through the earth for the orcs?

>gets upset at people who don't have the time to read through a series of books
>uses insults like "cuck"
>thinks he has any room to call people virgins

lmao

in the movies maybe, who knows what kind of shit hackson could think of

He also conjured a barrier to block a balrog sword strike

>HERE
He didn't kill it there though, he killed it somewhere else.

worms

>he thinks he doesn't have time to read a book
>but will watch a trilogy of bad movies because

naw son, you are a cuck

>Dumbledore
>dumble
>dumb

he's retarded

There are things in middle earth that existed before, or come from outside of creation itself.

Ungoliant, the mother of Shelob and the mirkwood spiders, is the most famous example. Even the gods themselves aren't sure where the fuck animate darkness and chaos in the form of a fuckhueg spider came from.

>And thou, Melkor, shalt see that no theme may be played that hath not its uttermost source in me, nor can any alter the music in my despite. For he that attempteth this shall prove but mine instrument in the devising of things more wonderful, which he himself hath not imagined.

>master memer Eru

Difference is that Sauron is consumed by his power lust while Gandalf practice restraint. In the end Sauron needs armies of slaves to fight his wars and even at his apogee he got defeated by a single man.

I bet you some Vala couldn't sing for shit, they hit all the wrong notes but they went unnoticed cause Melkor was being a little shit and it made for a pretty big distraction, and that's how Ungoliant came to life.

>Gandalf practice restraint
Gandalf was a very shy and humble. Even as the Maiar Olorin, he would wander among the elves unseen. He was a student of the most powerful of the Valar, learning compassion, mercy, and wisdom.

When he was called upon to go to middle earth to help the children of illuvitar fight sauron Manwe wanted him to lead, but he was unsure of himself, and afraid of Sauron and begged not to go. Manwe told him that's exactly why he was chosen.

This is also the reason Gandalf liked the hobbits so much, despite being weak and pretty much powerless, they were still courageous and stout of heart. They inspired him, gave him courage, and reminded him of what he was trying to protect.

thanks to fucking simpletons like this guy, the inevitable LotR remake will have some nigger gandalf doing backflips and harry potter magic spells

He was the horse whisperer.

Did you not see when he blew a friggin pirate ship of dank weed smoke? What more power do you want?

>reading books like a nerd
>not being a virgin
Pick one

Hes literally a Christian symbol

pleb

The movie could have done a lot more with the Galdalf vs Durin's Bane fight.
The whole mountainside was consumed with fire and lighting for nearly a full day.
Same with when Gandalf fights all of the Nine on Weathertop, the whole watchtower was covered in flame and light.

he's not a superhero

in fairness, if he has to he can quite happily fuck an enormous amount of shit up. But he doesn't, because unless he has no other choice it isn't his job. Even in a significantly weakened form (the Grey Messenger) he kills a balrog, which has only been done by the greatest of the Elf Lords in their prime.

To encourage and lead others.

faggot

when gandalf was sent to the middle earth he was given a weak mortal body
his true form is as powerful if not more powerful than sauron

books are for nerds