/who/ - Doctor Who General

100% canon edition

Not canon:

Other urls found in this thread:

digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/feature/a440348/doctor-who-multi-doctor-stories-episodes-ranked/
youtube.com/watch?v=MzXKnSJMuLk
twitter.com/RealMattLucas/status/786963497422843904
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good lad.

So southern English high schools are now imitating the layout of American high schools. This is how culturally craven we've become.

German user, if you're here, how was your first day at the con ?

>not making it an animated gif

I made it in the hopes that someone would take up that challenge.

Are you Immigrant?

Thoughts on the Class trailer:

- They're all thirty.
- Coal Hill Academy's exterior looks like a bank headquarters.
- Lampshade-hanging like the end scene does the project no favours.

No.

Why are Doctor Who figures in such fucked scales

Why can't I have 3 and 6 and 12 hanging out with my karate bugmen, capelads and starguys

Why are UK toy companies such shit

They got this from the Star Wars action figures - make them the wrong scale to play well with anything else and the kids buy more, is the theory.

That is cancer

'We capitalist now.' - BBC

I love you.

Nah even Star Wars focuses on 6 inches nowadays, Who has this weird like 5 inch scale going on for the bigger figures that doesn't work with anything

I meant back in the day, that's the example they're following.

digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/feature/a440348/doctor-who-multi-doctor-stories-episodes-ranked/

Yeah but I mean the example they're following changed their act years ago so at this point it's on them and is nonsense

At least give Bandai or Hasbro a 6 inch license golly gosh

>Time Crash
>Day of the Doctor
>Above The Three Doctors
I'd say the Three Doctos is the one legitimately great multi-Doctor story

Oh I get ya, yeah, it's bullshit.

I don't think it's worked on any other occasion, and it barely worked then, agreed.

Why do people want multi-doctor episodes so badly? Most of those episodes are shite.

They want more so that there can be more good ones.
Let's at least get an even ratio of good to bad

The only good one is Three Doctors imo. They'd be good if they did it with more interesting Doctor combinations. Day sucked because 10&11 are basically the same. The same goes for Two Doctors, because both 2&6 are both quite clownish.
An interesting multi dr would be 12+7, 9+6, 11+1.

>12+7
I meant 12+11. Freudian slip...

11+7
12+3
10+8
11+2+12

>culturally craven
>lockers along hallways

Suppose. Was worse when the lockers were in the dinner rooms.

Without lockers, where will they hide the bodies after alien rampages?

There's supposedly a new foreign trailer for Class which shows Greg Austin's character in bed with another man, and a gay having his skin torn off. There's lots of blood also

Because no matter whether it's a tv show, novel, game or manga/anime it's every fans wet dream to see a past MC team up with a current MC

>10&11 are basically the same
nah

Are you ready for Class, /who/?

>VNA level dark

>Shadow-like creatures

>Grindr insult in episode

> Moffat said "It's wonderful, absolutely wonderful. Only thing Patrick Ness wrote that was better than this is 'Kill the Moon."

GET HYPE!

You can't even imagine how little I expect.

I expect even less than that m8 trust me. This will not live up to any of the hype.

Very funny :/

> Moffat said "It's wonderful, absolutely wonderful. Only thing Patrick Ness wrote that was better than this is 'Kill the Moon."
Wot

I was riffing off the "Kill the Moon" copy pasta.

The Space Canadian one, old news dude.

but Peter Harness and Patrick Ness are different people

Been busy all day so i'm not up to date with the news
Nice trips

I just watched Heaven Sent. Holy fucking hell. Best episode of anything ever.

Gotta admire your continued enthusiasm Immigrunt.

I posted yesterday saying that parts of the series 10 f scheduled to be filmed in a monastery in Wicklow in the ROI next year , What I can confirm is that Robert Sheehan is indeed playing a Time lord character but it's not the Doctor but a separate character, so not need to worry about Capaldi leaving yet. My bet is on the Monk, friend wouldn't say who it was.

Hell Sent

youtube.com/watch?v=MzXKnSJMuLk

Your first time? Bless.That episode was almost better than Baileys Irish Cream.

...Whoops.

Though that makes it funnier in a way.

Thanks.

Wait so this whole time you thought Harness was writing Class?

Go away Connor.

That's why I said 'very funny'. Did you actually confuse the two???

>Robert Sheehan is indeed playing a Time lord character but it's not the Doctor but a separate character, so not need to worry about Capaldi leaving yet.

That's OK then, phew.

Go away FANNY.

Connor IS a fanny, so that does make sense.

Is your name Old Greg?

He's pretending he lives in Ireland now, hence all the Irish references recently.

WTF is 'Fanny'? Have I missed something?

WTF is Old Greg? Gotta visit /who/ more often. Didn't bother for ages until the Class trailers.

Poor.

What, like if David Guetta met Adamski?

Do you have that one in your 'sick beats' youtube playlist?

They're too similar to work well in a multi-Doctor story.

They worked well in DOTD though.

Is it fuck.

Yeugh, what a faggot he looks. Self-acceptance has gone too far, he looks repellent. What man would want to fuck that? He looks like a breakfast TV fitness coach. Yucky.

Fuck off, stalker!

Not really, no. Apart from when the War Doctor acted, completely anachronistically, as Moff's conscience/the spirit of the old show to undercut their buffoonery.

It's never made sense that the Doctor routinely defers to his past selves when they're younger than him.

>It's never made sense that the Doctor routinely defers to his past selves when they're younger than him.
What do you mean?

I think that user means like in Three Doctor's, where 2 and 3 need 1's help to save the day.

In Three and Five, they seem to regard One as their elder. War looks askance at Ten and Eleven like they were brats, when he's the youngest. Stuff like that.

But on the other hand, what man (or woman) under age 40 yrs would want to fuck Capaldi?

The role should go to the best actor, regardless of their attractiveness. (Or gender. But that's another debate.)

It's looking like a failed attempt at attractiveness that's the problem. He also looks like he hasn't suffered, he looks like someone who would have tap-danced on late seventies British light entertainment shows. The idea of him playing a serious bidness character doesn't appeal. He couldn't be assertive, especially opposite a lived-in face like Capaldi's.

the 5" figures aren't too out of scale.

But if he's playing the Monk, that might work. Misfits shows that he can do comedy, and part of the Monk'so schitk is that he doesn't take things so seriously.

He won't work as an equal of the Doctor, which the Monk potentially is. Misfits looked dreadful - when I see trailers for these Channel Four shows where every other character is a black dude or girl making a face at a white weakling, I want to drive a lorry through a pedestrianised town centre.

This. How did Matt Smith pull off the ancient man in young body so convincingly?

Misfits, especially the first 2 seasons, was great. It was hilariously dirty, but the characters had real heart, and went through real character arcs. The show had some good twists on the superhero formula, often playing around with the genre tropes (off the top of my head: origin stories, time travel stories, the evil future stories, the misunderstood supervillain) despite the fact that the characters were specifically the opposite of a normal hero. Robert Sheehan gave a hilarious performance as an conceited asshole who doesn't give a Shit about anyone (which worked because every other character was annoyed by him). I enjoyed it greatly, check it out.

Ah, you see I hate pretty people making sex jokes. I hate character arcs. I hate all superhero stories. Probably not my jam.

Is Mathieson back for S10?

twitter.com/RealMattLucas/status/786963497422843904

Oh, and if you're worrying about the show being PC, don't. One of the main characters is a voyeur; the words "I'm gonna fuck your armpits" shows up in the first episode (it makes since in context), and one of the villains is a Jehovah's Witness.

The show really, really isn't PC.

Ah, alright then. What do you like?

Why do you think that any of what you've described is un-PC?

Some art cinema and most classics, I suppose.

Yup, that's pretty much confirmed.

Great. So now I have one reason to watch S10... but on the same note, Nardole's in it. GRRRR.

By classics I just mean 'old shit'. Most old shit and a few art movie directors.

Being a voyeur, and saying a guy saying hr'so gonna fucksomeone's armpit (oh, and a girl main character who more or less has a date rape power...who uses it liberally. Plus several uses of the word bitch)

But swearing is routine, deviant sexual practices are celebrated all the time, and religious people are always the villain. Maybe American PC is different from Britain's.

This
How much of series 10 is Nardole going to be in. at first it was fine with him being just in the first one or two episodes but he seems to be in more and more every day. Was there really a pick enough audience reaction to Nardole to warrant this

Nardole will be GOAT.

i hope to god you are right

Moffat believes he's a big name so he'll be a big audience draw.

Moffat is about 7 years too late.

Yeah, but at least now he can move out of Rebel Wilson's fridge.

From Moffat's comments, it seems that Matt Lucas likes working on Who and kept asking if he could be in more episodes, so they keep giving him more to do

Would you prefer him bring Brendan O'Carroll?

Ken Dodd's return to the show is overdue.

They really really are, I don't even know how you could seriously say that

Capaldi doesn't look good at all being a head and a half shorter than a bunch of Japanese guys and Patsy Walker

Brigadier, Nyssa and Donna were sort of low-key extras or one-offs too