Inferno

Just saw Inferno since there is nothing else to watch at the moment. The first 15 minutes I was trying to figure out if it was really a Dan Brown adaption since the premise was actually really intriguing and the halluzinations were so well made, I just couldn't believe it. It was a shame that it reverted back to a typical 'National Treasure' chase after that and everything in the intro is moot in hindsight.
Those first 15 minutes made me crave an actual Dante's Inferno adaption in that style though.
Anyways, discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fGPw3krHlNQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What is it about exactly?

Isn't there like a terrorist attack that Hanks is trying to prevent?

>since the premise was actually really intriguing and the halluzinations were so well made
I wish there was a movie like this that had hallucinations and bizzare moments throughout. Kinda like a David Lynch Eraserhead type of thing.

I think I would rather read the book 2bh. The Da Vinci Code was such an incredible let down I'm not sure I want to invest time in it. Or what do you say?

It's about a killer virus devised by an idealistic billionaire for killing off half the population. The best part of the movie is where you and the protagonist don't know anything about that and try to put together the pieces after his amnesia. That part is good and has an otherworldly feel to it but after that it's just typical "lets chase around the globe" schlock.

I think there's better things to read. I'd watch the movie after it releases digitally just for the prologue. It's less about the story and more about the cinematography and atmosphere.

Red Herring: The Movie

Was there a good claustrophobia scene

No and there were no above average scenes at all after the 15 minute mark. It's like it was shot by a different director something. It's pretty striking.

The book was garbage too.

I'm still mad they botched the Angels & Demons adaptation. It's a really good thriller, but the movie was a letdown in every aspect.

>The book was garbage too.
That is Dan Brown's work for you.

Inferno is the only Brown book that doesn't suck and they took the non-mainstream elements out of the movie.

>mfw people actually thought Dan Brown's the Da Vinci Code was based on facts
youtube.com/watch?v=fGPw3krHlNQ

So it's no longer a prequel to Children of Men?

You know what I would love to see?

A Tom Hanks film where he gets stuck in the circles of Hell and the whole film is like a hallucination state, basing it off Dante's Inferno

Nope the status quo doesn't change after the ending. Pretty disappointed desu

The hell parts of the movie made me crave that so much man. It will never happen though.

There goes my ticket. Fuck you Hollywood.

>It will never happen though.
how so? Hanks is always up for any type of movie

Just wait 5 years time user and you shall see

Can't have moral ambiguity in mainstream movies user. There's gotta be bad and good guys and a jolly conclusion at the end.

>Children of Men?
wait wut? Sorry I am a newfag of this series. Children of Men and Inferno are related?

I don't doubt that he'd take the role but no big studio would finance that kind of high-risk project. It would need to be very graphic which would mean a smaller potential audience.

Worth watching in theatres?

The villain is threatening to release a sterility virus to curb the world's exploding population, and he succeeds

Honestly blew my mind, Brown obviously wanted to put the series to bed.

This. Is it? I actually enjoyed National Treasure.

Only if you're a dedicated fan. Otherwise wait for the retail release.
The treasure chase was cut short in the movie since they crammed so much into it. They should've made it longer. If you enjoyed NT though you should like this one all the same, it's a typical pocorn movie.

He's not gonna stop writing these books, they are amazing cashcows

>actual Dante's Inferno adaption
play the game, it's pretty good

He might go back to stuff like Deception Point and Digital Fortress, his one-off stories are fun.