twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Those are some thin guys

Yeah, I miss Nolans big guy days

[4u]

Interstellar and tdkr sucked ass though

Hothead detected

This

Bump

What the fuck? Why is he using cardboard cutouts? This is a *motion* picture, not a picture

This x100

Cause he's a hack

oh come on.i can understand tdkr but interstellar? fuck you.it was enjoyable.

Every director gets lazier as they get older.

Proofs (don't say "OP pic" cause OP is a faggot)

Explain george miller then?

Francis ford coppola.

being contrarian is "hip" i guess.

he's a true patrician who always uses practical effects and films on real film. He would never compromise and use CGI trucks and soldiers

>Why is he using cardboard cutouts?
He's one of the last directors to insist on practical effects. There's an interview with him and Richard Donner talking about this.

Ran out of budget?
You know (((who))) is responsible.

He's making a WWII movie, he knows he's gonna get awards and Oscar nods and stuff anyways.

They can be lazy on the WWII movies.

maybe it's just for aerial shots from the bombers, where the cutouts are small, distant and moving around the screen as the plane moves

He learned his lesson after hiring a thousand extras to film TKDR's kung fu dance party.

Buddy the cardboard cutouts are guides for the actors, cameras etc while they are moving along the beach.

Spielbergo did the same thing

You do understand "movies" aren't moving. You have NEVERTHELESS seen anyone move while watching a movie. The pictures are so fast you brain can't handle them, and insists seeing them like movement. Regardless, you are watching static pictures.

God, I wish this board wasn't filled with such idiots. Maybe, if people who actually understand and liked film came here, we could have real discussions.

If you watch the teaser trailer, you can see that most of the men in the distance at 0:28 are cut-outs.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=yM9BWtppzko

So mostly being used for soldiers in background shots when they didn't have enough extras...

Anybody notice there's only white people in his new movie for some reason

I bet the civilian sailors who come to the rescue will be black

>You do understand "movies" aren't moving.
that has no relevance to anything he said

I really hope this is bait.
A movie captures the fact that they are not real, moving soldiers because - obviously - they don't move. A picture can hide this.

For sure

cmon nolan is known for not giving a fuck about quality

Not bait, there is no motion in a picture.

Great, now i can't "unsee" that. lol

you're absolutely wrong

>Nolan then

thats what he said and engineers did. in his own work he is absolutely lax starting with scripts ending in post

His brother writes the scripts, and I don't completely disagree with you that he's not the most powerful writer sometimes. But he's still one of the best and most known directors of the pats few decades.

because "most known" is a great standard for quality, especially in film and music

Greatness is a mixture of critical and commercial acclaim. Nolan has both.

If the majority of the population are ignorant shit heads, what does that say about the media that they consume?

>Yes, user. You're the only smart one. If you don't like something, clearly everyone who does is merely an "ignorant shithead."

I'm viewing things objectively

Nolan might not be the best filmmaker in your opinion but his work has far more influence than most other and will be remembered longer

Was it? I thought it was immensely dissatisfying.

>his work has far more influence
Are you kidding? His work is nothing but homages to better works. Be it Kon or fucking Kubrick.

>His work is nothing but homages

Find me a great work that isn't a "homage" to something else

Go to bed Chris.

It's a throwback to the golden age of Hollywood

Well shit how can i argue with that

You won this round user

>yfw you realise cinema is just a series of still images that create the illusion of movement

same

>dont put lol
>unless you have a gold membership

>you have guns
>decide to run at them

jesus nolan

He realized he'll never be taken seriously as the next Kubrick or Bergman, so he stopped giving a shit.

There is literally nothing wrong with using cheap tricks to make your movie.

Maybe it could go right because even though the left is ambitious, it's still shit

It's nothing more than bread and circuses. I'm not particularly smart but I know a distraction when I see one.

He still promotes himself that way though. Nolan was shameless in promoting TDKR as the best film since the silent era.

Think about that for a second.

It's a D-day movie. These are obviously the fake soldiers and vehicles that the allies actually made to trick the Germans as to where the invasion would take place.

>Disagreeing with me makes you a contrarian

>Its a D-Day movie
Americans leave

Edgy underage detected! Welcome you have to be 18+ to post here faggot.

Oh god forbid a director not slandering his own movie. And he never said it was the best movie at all. Where does Cred Forums even get this shit?