What should I make of this? Is the show good or not?

What should I make of this? Is the show good or not?

Season 1 was fun, but forgettable. Season 2 is apparently filled with historic bullshit so I didn't bother.

Benedict Wong and Joan Chen are top-tier. Cute asian girls, decent intrigue and martial arts, great outdoor shots.

Good all-around costume drama series, only weakness is maybe it's ahistorical, and some don't like the titular character (I think he's fine but not the strongest actor/character).

Gave me yellow fever.

wasted potential: the show

there was no need for white people at all

I dropped it because I didn't see enough naked Asian girls. I was expecting Game of Thrones in Asia.

This. But at least it passed in a couple of weeks.

It's great, really underrated. I love it for the entertainment value while appreciating its almost 100% fantasy

It's okay. Marco himself is sort of boring, but all the Mongols are somewhat interesting. Hundred Eyes is also based.

Keep in mind the rotten tomatoes score is almost 100% based on 'its racist cuz the protagonist is white and he has to save the minorities! So I'm giving it a low score' which isn't even true in reality.

the khan parts are great, it just that the dude playing marco has no range at all and at time the series feels more like it started a as a story about the khans and just threw in a marco as the mc to make it more relatable.

It's fun bit bothers my history autism.

Stopped watching after after the emperors sister took out two armed guards naked by overpowering them and stealing their weapons.

This was of course after she did a seductive dance while taking off her clothes and removing her hairpin which she threw into one guards neck with superhuman skill.

That was some stupid shit....

It has elements of shit like crouching tiger hidden dragon. It's not exactly supposed to be believable. Hundred Eyes could never exist as he does in the show, but it's fun.

>it's fun
Its autistic is what it is. We dont have enough mature Oriental based shows in the west and the only one with abit of money behind it decides to make it like every other subpar unrealistic totally exaggerate Oriental movies we have because
>HURR DURR ITS THE FAR EAST SO MARTIAL ARTS MAN

It annoys me because it seems like it actually could have went somewhere...

Who the fuck remembers this as one of the better shows on tv now? No one.

You might be right, but I'm personally fine with the artistic choices and really like the show. Also I think its pretty successful in views

Better than got

This

They could have just made a series about the Mongols but had to force this character into the scene because whites can't empathize or relate with non-whites unless the perspective is told from another white person.

It's great. Critics hate it because "muh white savior".

It's worth watching. Always ignore SJW Tomatoes.

I dont think so