This movie was fucking great

This movie was fucking great.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=27_H7xumAbA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'd like to believe you but I know Warner Bros. has a top shilling department

Tell my why it's not Bourne with austism?

Was considering seeing this or Max Steel tonight, Accountant has lukewarm reviews while Steel is all over the place. Anyone seen both?

>Steel rated better than the accountant
america is so fucking anti-intellectual it hurts

Dunno why critics are smashing it so hard, the theatre I was in everyone was thoroughly enjoying it.

See Godzilla instead.

wtf I love autism now

But it is Bourne with autism. AWESOME!

It was pretty generic. I get really annoyed when the point of the movie is to find out what happened in the main character's past through a flashback.

Its like he slowly becomes a character flashback by flashback and the it ends.

It really was a good movie and i loved the early childhood scenes with his bro reminded me of my own bro

>Lets advertise to people who download everything for free.

Steel or Accountant?

>there's always money in the banana stand

Fuck you, I made a thread last night about it and nobody cared.

Max steele looks like action garbage, you'll at least feel some kind of emotion in the Accountant.

Also low-key has some of the best action sequences since john wick, just very straightforward and tactical instead of being overly cinematic.

People hadn't seen it yet. Have to wait to get the early Saturday morning showtimes so that no one notices that we're in the theater alone

NO TOUCHING

I'm gonna check it out on Monday.

Its better than Bourne

>My superpower is high functioning autism.

What did he mean by this?

The Accountant is to Jason Bourne what Mission Impossible is to James Bond post-reset.

That makes sense. It is a pretty great movie. Really enjoyed Benyani's work in this one.

What does that even mean?

Are you guys talking about Mr Wolff?

Why the FUCK would they spend money on shilling on Cred Forums?
You're a retard.

Oui, mon cher

I hate it how they "translate" the titles from english to simple english.

Do they ever mention his real name in the movie? I thought Christan Wolffe was a psuedonym

They never say

Wait, people unironically rely on reviews to decide which movie to watch?

>$0.05 has been deposited into your account.

>see op's picture
>think the accountant is some comedy-drama, nice that ben is changing things up
>google the accountant
>ben affleck flexing in a suit running down the street with a gun
Why did I even bother?

Relax, pupper.

autism

ETSUBATSU?

His name is literally Prisoner 831. They very clearly state this and how it's such a weird name. Maybe you need movie watching lessons, user?

does ratfu show her big tits in this one?

>he's got the backyard covered... but what does he do if they come right up the driveway?

He looks like Bryan Singer there

No, but she looks super tiny and adorable next to Batman.

This is some next level bait.

Got a chance to see it, it's real limited though.

Where are the twinks though

I swear her costume is just whatever she showed up in that day.

you're an idiot

I pretty much watched this movie just because of how fucking goat the trailer is alone.

Movies pretty alright 7.5/10.

Some of the elements in this movie are 10/10 material, but it gets dragged down by pointless characters and unnecessary siteplot. Every scene with ben affleck is 10/10, but every scene without him in it is like a 5-6/10, so it events out.

Thought it was pretty good. The disjointed storytelling of his past threw the normies off (And is why critics hated it), but its better with it.

The only thing I am uncertain about is what JK Simmons role is in the story is.

How I understand it is this:
>The company Affleck works for contacts JK Simmons every time there is a job gone bad and trades the credit for killing whatever mobsters for the coverup

Also is it possible that the Omega Autist chick that lives at the retreat he donates to is the one communicating to him/the FBI (And possibly running it)? She refers to bot Affleck and the autist kid as Babycakes and she has the giga computer.

Also fits imo since the guy was talking to the parents about how autists can have secrets about them right before that scene

>Critics bashing the movie because of a morally gray protagonist and non-linear story.

I cant fathom how people take critics seriously. Most reviews of movies I see the critic never even bothers trying to understand what the movie is trying to do. Its like they just have a checklist and give 1 point per tickmark

Omega Autist absolutely is the woman, but I'm pretty sure she refers to them both as "dreamboat"

>someone actually wants to watch Max Steel

lmao

There is no company. It's just them two

The autistic girl is his childhood friend turned partner and handler. She uses her autistic super computer skills to find him jobs, apparently both legitimate accounting jobs as well as murder jobs

Not one of you faggots has posted still of Anna Kendrick in this yet? Get to it, fuckers.

>generic

I figured, I just couldn't remember the line.

I think I am literally the only one in the theater who picked up on that though. So many people were confused by it.

I really liked this movie for what it was. It wasn't anything groundbreaking, but it was a good crime film with some Predictable as fuck twists, I had 2/3 and Affleck is fucking great in it

I could literally feel the autism oozing off the screen when him and Kendrick meet (And the lunch scene)

There are no murder jobs... the killings of the gangsters was "personal" and not a job. He gets hired by the top dogs to investigate mid level management via his accounting, when mid level dudes wanna try and fry him for doing his work he does his jason bourne thing. He is never hired specifically to murder people.

Right, I misspoke. Just meant legitimate and criminal

I dont know how to spoiler tag so please dont read this if you dont want spoilers but Bernthal being the brother was pretty much set in stone once you present day Braxton and then knew Prisoner 831 had a brother.

Use [sp0iler][/sp0iler] with 0 = o

Or if replaying highlight and hit Ctrl+S

The movie was good!

what is with the blinking lights he had in his room. Is it because of his autism?

Shame. I was going to watch it with my Meetup group, but I got lazy as fuck and didn't leave the house. Was it kino?

He would freak out as a child from loud noises and flashing lights, rather than avoid that stimuli his father proposes he should be exposed to it to "toughen himself up" thats why he does it as a daily ritual, to toughen himself up mentally

Loud noises and strobe lights would trigger his autism, so he conditions himself under extreme stimulation so that he can maintain his composure in real life.

It also seems to function as a release valve for his Autism since right after HIs job ends before he is completely and he gets FUCKING TRIGGERED he goes in for an extended and more brutal than usual session

> Another Affleck joint
bad try.

At least it has my waifu in it

>liking rodants
your call, bro.

then what is the deal with him [bashing his fucking legs in during the brutal coping session]

Its either because pain is another stimuli (probably the stronget stimuli there is), or its how he gets the tism out of his body the fastest (Instead of screaming and shit)

Also some autists self harm

Why doesnt he release his autism on Cred Forums like the rest of us

I thought it was great. 2nd act lost me a little being that the Robotics company's reason for hiring Affleck was a little too convoluted but the twist with Braxton genuinely surprised me and brought me right back into the film. The ending with the Autism house/clinic/charity was touching too, tied the film together well I thought. I thought JK Simmons' transition from weedy-scaredy cat at the Gambino building into his blackmailing-gruff voiced-Treasury agent was kind of weird. The various tech-speak "Get me a facial analysis now!" was fucking ridiculous, along with the "That's a 12-core isn't it? Oh I'm an engineer." Also, can someone explain why Affleck used his characters real name for his accounting firm in Iowa? Or was that supposed to be an alias too? I felt it was a little unclear. Overall 8/10, good action, decent twist, good dialogue (no garbage Marvel quips as seems to be more the norm nowadays).

Also: mfw I realized the autistic bitch at the end was the one calling Affleck and Simmons the whole time

Iowa... Plainfield Illinois, Chicago Illinois

There was still some quips but they were used appropriately and did not go over the top. Even at the more serious points, there were reasons for the quips which is also a much needed addition if the quips were to be in the movie

Have you ever cringed super hard because you remembered you did something extremely embarrassing when you were young?

Well imagine that feeling multiplied a couple of times, the desire to self-hurt bypasses all reason.

pretty warm-hearted movie given the subject and protagonist

i was pleased they didn't drag it down by having plainfu and batman.gov have some kind of awkward sex thing where batman.exe "learns to love" or something

totally agree on the convoluted plot and a bit too much, too slow exposition of side characters that i didn't care much about

mostly enjoyed batman.pif's autismal moments but he's a bit of a mary sue isn't he

>Batman
>Punisher
>CW Waller
>JJ/Gordon
>Squirlgirl??
How could it not be great?

> JK Simmons every time there is a job gone bad

I was under the impression that it was actually only when a job violated Batfleck's "moral code" - the examples they give us are human trafficking and large amounts of cocaine (though perhaps he just wanted to strike at the cartel for that one).

Omega Autist was definitely his handler - same voice and word choice ("Gorgeous")

It's women - they have trouble compartmentalizing their emotions so they often conflate a film's quality with its ability to meet their (moral, social, etc.) expectations.

Remind me, what's his name again?

Fuck yeah it was. I saw it yesterday morning at the earliest showing so I could have the theater to myself

It's pure fucking operator kino man. My favorite kind of film. Plus he's autismo so it's like /k/ and Cred Forums had a baby

Ben Abu Bakr Bin Bostani Al Fleki

I called the ending but it was fantastic.
it isn't the best movie ive ever seen, but it has all the elements of movies i love. 8/10

Christ man, your comprehension skills are garbage.

Based Ben delivered. Fucking loved it.

>t. Disney/Marvel shil.

you could cut out all the scenes with the treasury agents and it wouldn't affect the plot at all

The movie is kind of ridiculous but in the best way possible. I think its because the actors were all so good.

Ben, Anna, JK, the Rosario Dawson lookalike from Arrow, The Punisher, etc. were all phenomenal in their roles. Even the child actors were good, and they're not easy to come by, especially when playing 'special'.

This movie had a really smart premise that devolved into a big dumb action movie. And I loved it.

I still want to see the smart suspenseful thriller version of this though.

It takes a while but by the end this movie is John Wick 2

Ben Affleck sucks and I miss you

You could pretty much delete Anna Kendrik's character too and turn it into a generic accountant who gets offed with 20 seconds of screen time.

It IS bourne with autism byt it does everytging right wgere bourne was hit and miss

Better characters
Better payoff
Better reveals
Better levity
Cooler fights

>It's another episode of two long lost brothers bonding over excessive manliness

I'd hate it if it wasn't done so damn well.

Woah was that meta comment kino?

They threw a lot at you, but maybe to keep you on your toes. good point though

I agree and it's pretty much the only flaw the movie has, those scenes are weigh the movie down more than they help. They're pretty much just there for exposition

Does testosterone trigger you or something?

No it's actually great, Gavin O Conner's last movie Warrior also had really strong themes of brotherhood.

youtube.com/watch?v=27_H7xumAbA

>that fucking ending music

>its yet another movie where we pretend Affleck can act or direct
lmao

The Town was generic as fuck and Argo just outright sucked.

Affleck surprised me here. I found her very charming.

> I found her very charming.
That's supposed to be him, not her.

I agree, but Al Fallecki is pretty good here. And he didn't direct it.

When I sat down in the theater to see this a middle aged woman sat down next to me and immediately started telling me about how the illuminati have been putting chips in our brains since 1929, how they've tried to kill her for knowing the truth, about how Ben Affleck is an engineered being that looks exactly like her son and is meant to send her clues and hints about the grand conspiracy with every film he's in.

All throughout the movie she'd laugh at some inside joke that existed only in her mind or whisper to me things like "I used to live in Chicago, I find it so funny that they put little details about my life into these movies"

At first it was funny and I had to shovel skittles into my mouth to keep myself from laughing in her face, but talking during the movie is a no-go. I was going to tell her to stfu but the old white man who kept calling the trailer for Madea's Halloween "racist" beat me to it.

I loved the movie, but I can never see it again and must push it and the experience from my mind.