/KKKG/ King Kaiju Kino General

King Kaiju Kino General

Talk shit, discuss old favorites, post hopes for future kaiju movies, etc.

But don't admit to liking Ultraman or that one autist will have a meltdown again

Other urls found in this thread:

ultra.wikia.com/wiki/Category:King_Kaiju
youtube.com/watch?v=BKCEiNk198E
youtube.com/watch?v=YRKdPeHOb28
youtube.com/watch?v=74fxNHPBnv8
scifijapan.com/articles/2015/05/10/godzilla-unmade-the-history-of-jan-de-bonts-unproduced-tristar-film-part-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't care for any of the Godzilla charts that get posted here so I made my own. I have a feeling I may be in the minority on a few things though

>Godzilla (1999)
>Consider it
>Godzilla (2014)
>Not recommended
>also the only movie listed as not recommend
Kill yourself

1998 is at least a good time, 2014 is a fucking shit show and one of the worst films I have ever seen

>/kkkg/

I think you're a self-important literal autistic who needs to stop making these failed threads where you talk to yourself in a pseudo-intellectual manner the whole time.

ultra.wikia.com/wiki/Category:King_Kaiju

Is that new Godzilla everyone talks about in English or not? I might go because it's Japanese so it eludes my boycott of Hollywood, but I don't want to read a book at the theatre. I read when I want and watch TV when I don't.

>2014 contrarian hate
The human characters blew hard, but the Big G was great, and the MUTOs were refreshing and provided an interesting fight matchup.

G14 also has one of the coolest SHMA

How bout that new King Kong movie

Gmk sucks and Tokyo sos is amazing, fuck you

How is anything I said pseudo-intellectual? Or intellectual at all? Do you what intellect is?

Also I made 1 of the like 5 /kkkg/ threads in the past few days and literally all of them have hit the reply limit, I wouldn't say they're failed at all.

I am cautiously optimistic, I really hope they don't fuck it up because the trailer looks pretty great

I said it's just my own thoughts, if you disagree so much why don't you make your own chart, hmmm?

>subtitles
>but I don't want to read a book at the theatre
America, folks. Sucks that only you lazy fucks are able to see it.

godzilla vs mechagodzilla is the best godzilla movie

son of godzilla is the worst one

Not American and I've read more than you you do nothing garbageman.

>I might go because it's Japanese
>but I don't want to read

Pros
>Looks like Kumonga is in it, so Kong will be fighting at least one other old Kaiju
>John Goodman as scientist man
>Apocalypse Now aesthetic

Cons
>Sam L Jackson
>It's still a fucking King Kong movie

With how 'realistic' Legendary G's design was, it might be a bit weird seeing him matched against some big, goofy gorilla. Hope they can pull off a decent appearance.

>baby doesn't understand concept of translations.

saw shin goji on Thursday and went last night to see it again but it was no longer there. what the fuck funimation? the poster clearly says it's showing from the 11th to the 18th.

If you're not American or Nip, you ain't seeing it anywhere.
Also nigga I'm deaf, so I am actually the one who has read more than you have read

Saw Shin Godzilla again today. Both times the theater was packed. I'm glad they made some money bringing this movie over.

I know what my local theatre listings are.

(OP)

I loved Shin Godzilla so much. Here's some fun stuff to enjoy if you haven't seen it or have seen it, either way.

The original song : 007 Takes the Lektor
youtube.com/watch?v=BKCEiNk198E

The second version : Decisive Battle
youtube.com/watch?v=YRKdPeHOb28

The third version : Decisive Battle (Shin Godzilla)
youtube.com/watch?v=74fxNHPBnv8

I love all three, Anno really did us a solid with this new movie.

Heisei Godzilla is best godzilla, Biollante is best movie / plot even if the action wasn't up to par.

>1998
>Consider it
>2014
>Not recommended
Phew! I was almost about to read everything you typed. Thanks for letting me know your opinion is shit beforehand.

>The human characters blew hard
Yes, I don't think anyone will disagree with this.
>but the Big G was great
I liked his design, he looked like Godzilla and looked almost noble. Fit the hero role they put him in. That said the teasing was obnoxious, he should have been shown more instead of teasing him forever and then blowing all at the end. He doesn't have to be in the whole movie, he never is. But the teasing made it feel very annoying.
>and the MUTOs were refreshing and provided an interesting fight matchup.
I didn't like them, I thought their designs were too mechanical looking despite them being monsters. And I don't think they stylistically meshed well with Godzilla.

Overall it was pretty alright, Godzilla was good for what little we saw of him. I just would have preferred a standalone movie where Godzilla was the bad guy with no other monster. Then for the sequel have him come back to fight another monster.

Just got home from seeing it. The movie like the 2014 Hollywood version has the problem IMO of too little Godzilla screen time.

That being said. This movie had one of the best scenes of ANY movie of recent memory.

Who will know + That battle scene. Eye watering magnificent.

I hope they make a sequel and retain the same actors.

Hedorah is the worst Godzilla movie. Son of Godzilla is silly but it's not absolute shit.

Hedorah has all that ridiculous anti-pollution, anti-government shit in it.

t. pleb

Dead wrong about Hedorah senpai.

It is touted as a weird heavy handed anti-pollution childrens film but think about this. The first time Godzilla appears it is in a child's dream sequence. Godzilla then proceeds to get his ass handed to him by Hedorah throughout, along with some gruesome onscreen human deaths and in general a disgusting aesthetic to the film. We see dirty hippies trying to fight pollution with a dumb ass Nip-stock get wasted. Only at the very end, after getting progressively more ridiculous and unbelievable, like something out of a kid's imagination, can Godzilla defeat Hedorah. The film isn't anti-pollution. It's saying that our world is fucked and the only thing that could possibly save it at this point is if a kid's imagination and dreams meant anything, which they don't. It's extremely subversive and actually more thematically dark than Gojira.

This guide is somehow worse than the previous two.

Grape Ape greatest kaiju.

That's because it's only for true patricians and not for plebs such as yourself, therefore it offends your beady little cockroach eyes

Bo, its just a shitty guide. Far too much opinion is shoved into it, multiple spelling errors, inconsistent posters for each era, and overall is not good for recommendations.

It explicitly says it's my opinion at the top. Anyway I don't think I spelled anything wrong, I checked over it a bunch

I like Ultraman

Just finished Mebius, it was GOAT

TORRENT

PLEASE

CONFESSION TIME

I hate the Showa era.
IMO, the took original masterpiece and pissed all over it.
>Godzilla, a metaphor for the horrors of nuclear war, almost instantly became a goofy, googly-eyed mascot
>half of the films threw out the "slow-down" trick from monster movement, making everything seem to fast for the intended scale; shattering the suspension of disbelief
>90% of fights seems completely improvised on the spot, and just feel awkward
>the human subplots escalate to absurd levels of pointless nonsensical bullshit
>all of VS Megalon & VS Hedorah

I actually LOVE Heisei though, since it always kept some sense of seriousness and dignity, and the continuous continuity was nice.

Millennium is fun

98 doesn't exist

14 had a great Godzilla, but was meh otherwise

Still gotta see Shin

Mothra vs Godzilla is probably one of the best Godzilla ever, I hope you didn't skip it user

If you wanted to just state your opinion then there's no need to make a guide snd try to pass it off as better than the other ones. I thought you were going to make a genuinely better guide but you just didn't. You made a picture of your opinions

I keep telling you guys, Hedorah is in many ways a commentary on how silly Godzilla had become, it doesn't make a mockery of the character, all it does is show what the Godzilla of the period truly is and puts him in a more serious situation he can't handle

What would you prefer in a better guide then? You OWN opinions? What the fuck else am I supposed to do nigga, goddamn

What's your opinion on the avorted American project from 1994 ? It sounded like a fucking awesome movie

scifijapan.com/articles/2015/05/10/godzilla-unmade-the-history-of-jan-de-bonts-unproduced-tristar-film-part-1/

>Somewhere in the icy waters off Alaska, a salvaged ship is retrieving reactor cores dumped there by the Soviet Union during the Cold War. Something goes wrong and a mammoth explosion destroys the ship. On shore, the snow catches fire and a crevice opens up, oozing out steaming piles of what appears to be blood. A U.S. government scientist called Keith Llwellyn is flown to the site to investigate the incident, leaving behind his wife Jill Llewellyn and daughter Tina Llewellyn behind.

>Soldiers carry off entire barrels of the 'blood', which upon examination resembles nothing more than amniotic fluid. Upon arriving, Keith and a few other scientists discover Godzilla in the caverns, where the 'blood' was oozing off from. The monster awakens and unintentionally kills Llwellyn and the rest of the investigation team. Godzilla then attacks the Japanese Kurila islands. A surviving fisherman calls the monster "Godzilla", after recognizing him from an ancient Japanese legend.

>Twelve years later, cryptozoologists Aaron Vaught, a best-selling author and his assistant Marty Kenoshita, sneak into a mental hospital in Japan to interview the fisherman, and the fisherman shows them pictures he drew of Godzilla locked in battle with another monster. The military police then arrive and apprehend Vaught and Kenoshita.

>Somewhere in Kentucky, a meteor crashes into lake 'Apopka'. In Massachusetts, the U.S. military has established the St. George project, a top-secret project to find Godzilla. Jill Llewellyn is the project's director. Vought is brought on board to help find Godzilla, despite that Jill doesn't approve of the idea. Meanwhile, back in Alaska, another military base was constructed where Godzilla was first found. Then, a strange light was seen illuminating from a previously undiscovered cave, branching off from Godzilla's cells.

>In lake Apopka, the strange bio-metallic meteor begins to stir, flowing through the sediment like a mass of liquid metal. The probe enters a cave and absorbs a whole colony of bats, creating 12-foot wingspan creatures called probe bats. Vaught, Llewellyn and Kenoshita fly to the facility in Alaska where the amniotic fluid has begun to flow again in the cavern. Vaught then insisted this was the proper time for Godzilla to be reawakened, but the salvaged ship disrupted things and released them early. The side cave is lined with strange organic structures, remnants of an ancient society with advanced bio-technology. No one sees a small creature strike Marty Kenoshita and bury into his neck, even Kenoshita doesn't feel the creature burrowing into his neck. Events progress in Kentucky, as strange events occur.

In the Pacific, Godzilla is reported swimming towards San Francisco, where the St. George project is established at the procedure. Llewellyn and Vought soon arrive but Kenoshita becomes ill and is rushed to a hospital. The navy is the dispatched to counter Godzilla. After a crushing defeat, the military considers using a small nuclear device to destroy the monster, but Vought advises against it. He feels that Godzilla is a living nuclear reactor, and that what the monster breathes is not fire but something that ionizes oxygen so great it turns it into heat. Llewellyn further postulates that the amniotic fluid was not food as previously supposed, but a tranquilizer to keep Godzilla asleep. The fluid is hastily spread at the mouth of San Francisco Bay. Godzilla swims right into the oily liquid and collapses on the southern extremity of the Golden Gate Bridge.

I used to follow a kaiju fansite a long time ago that actually had an artist doing a comic book version of the script from that film. They only got like 80 pages in and stopped updating I think. the art was pretty shitty but I bet it would have been a neat 90s movie. Would have been interesting to see a US Godzilla in a time when it may not have been fully CGI

>The military secures the unconscious Godzilla and airlifts him back to the St. George project in Massachusetts, where he is housed in a huge hangar. Tina realizes that her mother has been trying to hunt and kill Godzilla for the past twelve years. She protested that the monster is just a force of nature, not responsible for the damage he causes. Not wishing to listen to this point of view, Jill sends her daughter to stay with her aunt in New York. At an army hospital, the strange infection Kenoshita has grows worse, consuming his internal organs and leaving his face lifeless and with eyes pitch black. Before he dies, Kenoshita tells Llewellyn that he has been taken over by an ancient force. The force has told him of his history and the threat that has come to Earth: an alien civilization that deploys probes to aid its colonization of the universe. These probes consume the native life of the target world and create a doomsday beast from the genetic material. By the time the aliens arrive, the probe would have wiped out all the life on Earth. An ancient Earth civilization warded off these probes by crafting Godzilla from the dinosaur genes. Godzilla would awaken when the probes arrived and destroyed them before they could reproduce.

No, I'd prefer a guide that was a little less completely objective on films and one that isn't obviously biased against several films.

>In Kentucky, the probe bats continue to absorb animals, returning to the cave with their genetic collections to deliver to the main mass of the probe, which is slowly starting to take on a definitive form. Vaught, upon hearing Kinoshita's story, concludes that Godzilla was headed for Kentucky, where the meteor crashed. Local store keeper Nelson Fleer drives Vought to the lake. The two men don scuba gear and dive into the water. They discover a tunnel leading upwards from the bottom of the lake that leads them into a series of caves. Vought is terrified when he sees a giant paw. The paw is attached to the newly formed shape the probe has assumed. The monster has the body of a puma, the huge wings of a bat and a hydra-headed tongue composed of snakes. The probe has become the Gryphon, of the Japanese fisherman's drawings. Fleer accidentally bangs his air tank against the cave wall. The sound then awakens the dormant Gryphon, and the men hastily retreat but the monster pursues them. As they surface, they seems safe. Suddenly the water churns and the Gryphon emerges into the air. The Gryphon flies away and heads to Harrisburg, Virginia.

Film is not objective

I presented positives and negatives of all the films except 2014, that one I will grant you I am biased against but it's pleb shit so I don't care

>The monster destroys a train and a blast fuel storage tank with energy bullets, killing hundreds of people in the process. Despite the dip of amniotic fluid being given to him, Godzilla awakens, destroying the hangar and slipping into the Atlantic. It is clear that he has sensed the Gryphon's awakening. It is later determined that the two monsters will run into each other in New York. Jill tries to make her way into the city to save Tina in the midst of the evacuation. She is trapped in the Queens Midtown Tunnel when Godzilla steps on it, but manages to swim to safety. Jill finds her daughter as the Gryphon arrives and engages Godzilla in battle. The Gryphon attacks Godzilla from the sky, forcing the dinosaur back to the shore. Godzilla loses at first because a tank filled with the amniotic fluid is still attached to his neck, but Fleer and Vought manage to destroy the tank and Godzilla begins taking the upper hand against the Gryphon. Victorious, Godzilla roars and returns to the sea. Air force jets begin to attack the monster, but Jill Llewellyn calls them off and finally comes to terms with Keith's death and forgives Godzilla. Jill, Tina, Vought and Fleer watch from the shore as Godzilla disappears into the ocean.

You're a pleb a go fuck yourself back to tohokingdom, faggot

How many times are you going to copypaste this bullshit you made up?

Banno said he made an anti-pollution movie because he saw industrial waste floating in the water while driving one day. That's the fullest extent of it. Everything else is bullshit you pulled out of your ass.

Contrary to popular belief, you can't improve something by intentionally making it bad
That's not how it works

Skipped nothing, sorry to say I didn't think much of it

Yes, I see the one, I fucking hate those fan projects that 98 % of the time end up cancelled or without any news for 10 years

Don't worry user

It's kinda surprising since the Showa era went to shit after this one, even if Ghidorah and Monster Zero are kinda enjoyable on their own

The original Gojira is the only GOOD film in the entire series
ALL the rest are just pretty fun schlock

It doesn't matter what the director said, the way I view the film is the best way to interpret it and it's also easily applicable if you aren't a dumb cunt

Yeah well I'm definitely less pleb than you, because you're a really big pleb. You might even say you're Plebzilla, King of the Mongoloids

It's not intentionally bad, it's intentionally and very successfully good, you guys just refuse to try to understand it and take everything at face value

I actually started searching around because of your posts and every single one of the dumb kaiju sites I was into as a teenager have been basically shut down. Bummer, to think a whole community has basically disappeared. I always wanted to go to G-Fest to meet some of these guys..

>It doesn't matter what the director said, the way I view the film is the best way

It's actually better for everyone if you don't go to G-fest, you fucking autist

Just finished shin-godzilla.
Please explain to me the ending. I must have missed something
So they freeze godzilla, but he's not dead. The American-japanese ambassador girl says they only delayed the countdown but everyones acting all like everything is NOW going to be okay? Wasn't that the whole reason why they did the freeze plan? To stop godzilla before a nuclear weapon had to be used? Is he dead? Why isn't anyone talking about the tail godzilla baby things? Is that a refrence to some old godzilla shit or what? Are we going to have mini godzilla the movie, because that sounds fucking horrible, why is everyone acting okay when godzilla is STILL just right there? What did that one dude mean when he said that humanity has to 'coexist' with godzilla? Are they going to leave him alive? How actually retarded am I for not understanding the ending?

how can you hate Mechagodzilla?

I remember a post a few days ago where somebody came up with the theory that Hedorah was actually a dream and Godzilla was the kid's dream to fight pollution, sadly Godzilla couldn't just beat pollution, i.e not even in your dreams can you stop pollution.

im a better g fan than you could ever hope to be you filthy plebs

Yeah that was me, clearly I am now unwelcome on Cred Forums though so this will be my last thread

They sigh with relief when the girl realize his half-life is really short.

They're on standby in-case he wakes up, but he should start breaking down and die after some time anyways.

In previous films, Godzilla had been sealed away in ice for long periods of time, so fans are meant to assume he's out of action here
The little tail monsters are a result of his reproduction by absorbing people and fusing them with himself

Since Shin will probably be standalone with no direct followup, I feel like it's more like a final "EVERYTHING'S FUCKED STILL HAHA!" from Anno before he let go of the steering wheel and bailed out of the speeding car that is the Godzilla series.

Basically, the freezing was coagulating the blood and making godzilla overheat. Godzilla's response to this was to stop the nuclear reaction, a biological SCRAM, if you will. They intend to rebuild the city in the shadow of Godzilla, always an hour away from destruction.

Yeah, right autist

good riddance, Reddit will be glad to have you back

>Bragging about being a fan of a fictional, giant, radioactive dinosaur.
>The real "face" of Godzilla that you worship is a bunch of sweaty middle-aged Japanese men in big rubber suits playing pretend WWE
Some people need to remember what this series actually is

You have to recognize that some movies like the first one had actually some depth in them, but yes, you're right

Wait he absorbed people? Was that implied in the movie at all? Is the statue going to crumble? Is he going to die or is he just going to come back. Why did any of the characters act like this was a victory what the fuck

Why doesn't anyone talk about how they should do monsters in a Shin sequel.
Should they all be super adaptive cunts or what.
How would you shin your favorite kaiju Cred Forums?

>Godzilla 2014
>Not recommended
You are a literal faggot.
How does it feel knowing you have to buy maxi pads the rest of your life to stop anal leakage?

How does it feel knowing your opinion on film could never possibly get any worse?

>Mothra makes a cocoon out of melted flesh to evolve from larva to moth
>Ghidorah is constantly growing new heads, like an automatic Hydra
>Gigan is too edgy for Shin and can't be featured