Evil Dead

Including the remake and the show, rank best to worst.

Show
Remake

Evil dead 2 > Ash vs evil dead > army of darkness > evil dead (remake/boot) > evil dead
If you rank the og ed as best you are clearly biased and basing your opinion on nostalgia

3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Evil Dead tree raping scene > Evil dead 2 > Army of darkness = ash vs evil dead > evil dead > evil dead remake

i like the first evil dead the most

>remake over the original
yeah, okay.

1>2>show>AoD

Haven't seen the remake

2>1>show>3

2 = Army of Darkness > Show > Remake > 1

1>2>3>most movies>remake

I was just rewatching Army of Darkness the other day, and it just amazed me how much craft and creativity went into the camera work. Raimi really was an innovative director in his prime.

You can even see some of his influence in certain scenes of Lord of the Rings (Jackson is a Raimi fan)

Should also note that the show has some dumpster tier episodes. Infinitely worse than the first movie.

3>1=2>Show>lolno

>amazed me how much craft and creativity went into the camera work
Did you watch the first two movies? Because all that craft and creativity is there and better.

This. I do kind of like the remake though.
A good portion of the show's problems stem from the writing. Most, in fact. Plus some of the CGI is pretty awful. Haven't seen Season 2 yet so I can't comment on that.

Evil Dead 2
Army of Darkness
Show
Evil Dead
Remake

Of course, it was just that I saw 3 most recently and it reminded me. I'd say Raimi really came into his own when he made Evil Dead 2

Also, the bigger budget of 3 made some of a difference

People who rate the first film so low should be rounded up and put in camps. ED2 is great, but it's borderline reddit.

I don't think I've seen a movie with more creative camera work than the original Evil Dead. Like the mirror scene, it was actually Bruce lying face down on a board that was out of shot, and the "mirror" was just a bucket full of water lowered into a hole in the floor. It's a fucking crazy shot, and my personal favorite in the movie. Nowadays a scene like that would just be CGI added in post.

>I'd say Raimi really came into his own when he made Evil Dead 2
Sure, but the rough around the edges filmmaking is what makes it fun. EV2 is fun but a little too self aware at points and not as immersive.
>Also, the bigger budget of 3 made some of a difference
Same could be said of ED2. I'd say AoD's budget distills Riami's frenetic creativity and makes it rather rote. It's closer to the show than the first two movies.

>All this shit opinions

The Evil Dead > Evil Dead II > Ash vs. Evil Dead = Army of Darkness >>>>>> Remake

The first one was was a masterpiece in that it was the perfect mix of horror and unintentional comedy/parody. The second one was very good too, but it was too self-aware, which harmed it's comedic aspects and so wasn't as impressive. The third and the show and just plain comedy (or horrorcomedy) but still entertaining don't expect anything unique. The remake was just jump scare trash, doesn't deserve to be called evil dead 2bh.