I HURT MYSELF TODAY...

Still winning best picture.

Good, such a shifty film
>bad acting
>bad writing
>gratituitous violence that had no meaning
>tried to hard to make a woman and child murderer a hero

Fuck this propaganda bullshit

>The box office Friday night tells a sad tale for “Birth of a Nation.” The Sundance favorite, once tipped for Oscars, is dead again. Nate Parker’s historical saga now has just over $10.3 million total after eight days including two Fridays. Last night it scored $890,000, a fall off of 69.3% from last Friday.

>What a shame and a mess. “Birth” will come out of the weekend with less than $12 million. At that point Fox Searchlight will like cut the number of screens. This should have a sobering effect on Sundance sales this coming January. And my guess is, unknown makers of hot new films will be vetted very carefully in the future.

WE WUZ FILMMAKUHS N SHEEEIT

I fuckin hope it does just to watch all the SJW's burn.

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO MEEEEE

>that pic
First thing that came to my head.

It was an alright film I'd give it a 7/10 told a pretty engaging story, had some problems

How many times did you, in the dark of the theater, mistake yourself as being in a chimpanzee enclosure?

None, its not the type of movie that elicits any gasps or reactions really, except the end

who's that with the gun? seems familiar.

Walking Dead diversity cast?

Kind of hilarious watching the elites discovering that their influence and likes get shot down by the greater public.
This and Ghostbusters gave me such satisfaction this year.

Really curious timing and marketing for this. I'm wondering exactly who their target audience for this was. I knew this thing was dead in the water once they started advertising with quickcuts to BLM rallies.

Why do black actors take pride in having fucked up 2 front teeth?

There's only one Birth of a Nation I care about, and it's this one

you are my brother, my general, my king

don't movie like this further DIVIDE the nation? looks like America is really heading for another civil war in the future

>Self-loathing white women

Too bad about the producer/star and writer raping that white lady... whoops!

>and the cucks who orbit them

They orbit the above women so no cash there

>and the angry negro.

Niggers spending money on anything other than a scary movie, black comedy, or gangsta film

Hacksaw Ridge Confirmed for Best Picture.

>don't movie like this further DIVIDE the nation?
That's exactly why it was made

seriously though, when is Marvel releasing the Clansman?

As we all know, movies must also improve the political landscape of the country.

Holy fuck, the lengths conservacucks will go to criticize a movie they've never watched,

They did years ago with Raimis Spiderman trilogy

>literally kills children and women who had nothing to do with enslaving him
>celebrated as a hero

the regressive left strikes again

This is exactly what I was thinking. You know that this was going through the minds of the suits in the boardroom, but everyone was too scared to say it so they just pissed away $11M.

>"I'LL PAY YOUR RENT ONCE YOU KILL THE NIGGERS ABOVE ME"
what the fuck,raimi?

Is that from that retard Brad at Box Office Mojo?

>Bad Neighbors 2
>Ghostbusters

The guy has consistently shown he's fucking clueless to the reality that shallow high praise from SJWs and feminist/liberal critics is not going to result in a high box office

There has to be a market saturation point for all this dindu cinematography and WEWUZ horseshit. Academy is run by libcuck jews though, so they won't notice. 12 Years a Nigger was atrocious but it still won a pile of oscars.

Read Culture of Critique pham

The problem is that they're still working on the old model that people talking about something means that they're interested in it and even if the coverage is negative it will get a reasonable percentage of curious people paying to see it out of sheer perverse curiosity.
That and the fact that Social Media typically promotes the more famous people's opinions to the top of search results/hashtag pages and they're never gong to be critical of such things means that you can have fifty thousand negative tweets about a movie and two hundred positive ones from people you agree with/haven't blocked for being toxic.
This results in you(the reviewer) seeing the first number, "FIFTY THOUSAND PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT THIS MOVIE?!!" and then reading the first handful of tweets/posts and seeing them almost all positive and going "Sheeeeeeit. Looks like this is a hit."

i think you mean Silence

They paid $15.5mm for it.

TOP KEK
O
P

K
E
K

>zombies
>not this

I'm not even racist I swear.

Plus how much they spent on marketing.

Anyone got an idea of how much that was?

Wheres the torrent?

>mfw it isnt playing in my local theater

Films like this aren't really made with the objective of making money. Sure, if it makes money, that's fine.....but the real objective is political in nature. Even racial.

This is a film about making the justification for killing white people. It's as simple as that.

((They)) really can't help themselves....

Estimates I read was around $30 million in marketing. It's probably double since they are in full damage control mode.

HE SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THE NETFLIX DEAL!

Instead he believed his film would be seen as a masterpiece in the cinema

The easiest figure is to double the production budget. It isn't fool proof, but seems logical enough. So $25m-$30m I say in total.

Then you have to remove Theatre Cut %. Then you have to remember films are made for profit.

But this film is Oscar Gold.

Yeah so Fox Searchlight is now $45 million in the hole with returns of less than $9 million after theater cut.

PRAISE KEK!

Where did $45m come from? I thought the production was $12m. So I guessed at $30m at most. If $45m, fuck me, that's massive fail.

Fox paid $15 million for the film plus estimated $30 million in marketing = $45 million.

After theater cut they are looking at ~$9 million in sales so far.

Well, as I said, you double the production budget and that's the TOTAL. So it's $30m total, both production and marketing.

>I'm wondering exactly who their target audience for this was.

>they started advertising with quickcuts to BLM rallies.

Answered your own question, boyo.

They probably thought it would make most of its money after the oscar nominations.

They were mad you shitlord.

I bet you think riots breaking out every time a jury doesn't come to the CORRECT conclusion is not justified either.

wasn't it made by a rapist?

Yes, also about a rapist and for rapists, really made me think

He prefers to describe it as "consensual sexual experimentation gone wrong"

>As we all know, movies must also improve the political landscape of the country.

This shit isn't getting nominated for any Oscars.

>A movie written by a rapist directed by a rapist and starring a rapist about a rapist winning anything but minority awards

Nope

Is that Michael Smiley with the glove and headphones?

>12 Years a Nigger was atrocious but it still won a pile of oscars.

And the people in charge didn't even watch it before giving it awards.

>don't movie like this further DIVIDE the nation?

Yes, but they're hardly the biggest thing doing that.

The Leftist politicians excusing, justifying and endorsing the violence committed by blacks and lying to confirm their delusions in exchange for popularity is doing far more damage.

The Leftist media, which is devoting countless hours to every rare instance where a minority is harmed by a white, but literally burying any and all instances where nonwhites hurt whites is doing far more damage.

>bothering to share your "opinion" while being this biased
>being so brainwashed you're barely even speaking a human language

This. This is pretty accurate.

Is this an SJW remake of the original Birth of a Nation or what?

Fox paid like 18 mil at Sundance for this.

It's a "re-imagining" where the director wanted to "reclaim" the movie title or some gay shit, so yes

You mean politically correct conclusion.

don't be a fucking retard, 12 Years was Nigger-kino

>rewriting history with a rape as motivation for the rebellion

That's down right disrespectful. That's like saying they didn't mind being slaves until a black chick was raped and not the fact they were slaves which was their entire motivation.

I cannot think of a more insincere way to portray Nat Turner's motivations.

Also all they did was kill a bunch of white kids and women.

Looks like you're getting triggered over facts. Everything in that post is true.

There IS an over-saturation of shitty Dindu movies.
The Academy IS run by leftist jews (with a few gentile leftist whites).
And 12 Years a Dindu WAS a shit movie.

I don't get why they white washed Nat Turner.

His story is awesome on it's own, and he was 100% justified in his actions

You're barely comprehensible; living proof that race isn't everything. Every single person on Cred Forums is dumb is dumber than the dumbest minority. I suggest you stop breathing, because your existence is embarrassing.

shoulda got Tom Hanks to play the star

Pretty much. Nothing spectacular, really.

>feelings: the post

yes
He was in Spaced, playing Simon Pegg's drug-dealer friend too.

>Seth Rogan plays a white rapist whilst Hanks plays a dumb white
10/10 would pay to see

>You're barely comprehensible
No it isnt.

Why does every politically-related thread have this same cuck posting the same empty ad-homs about how much he hates Cred Forums?

It's literally the same posting-style and usually the same recycled insults over and over and over again.

Is some triggered libcuck THAT fucking bored?

He already won an Oscar for "The Last Nigga on Earth", he's filled his SJW quota

>he thinks it's one guy
Cred Forums has always been hated by the non-Cred Forums part of this site.
Cred Forums is worse than Cred Forums.

Based Edgar Wright. If only his writing was as strong as his visuals and eye for detail

>cluck cluck cluck cluck huuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The fact that you're surprised you're despised is just further proof of how insanely dumb you are.

>he thinks it's one guy

It's literally copy-pasta over and over again with MINOR variations, posted in the same style.

It's one triggered Tumblrtard with maybe one butt-buddy reposting his shit.

>You're barely comprehensible

I think you need to work on your reading-comprehension, mouth-breather.

I like his dialogue but his plotting can be a bit off sometimes. Simon Pegg and Jessica Hynes work as writers on Spaced with his Direction was the most perfect combination of all of their strengths.

>he was 100% justified in his actions

explain please

Yes and no, you gotta try to see the big picture here.
Commies bankers who run usa and eu want a globalized government , one where every citzen worths less that means any business that interfere with their life somehow won't be a problem anymore.
But of course if such thing happened people would get together and take down this kind of government for it would represent their views anymore unless the people coudn't get together, unless the people split up in small tribal groups who each were convinced the others are out to kill them.
they will make themselves busy while the gov fucks everyone equally.
All this while the propaganda machine praises the gov and shows happy people cheering them, for any inconvenience you may find would always be interpreted as an isolated event that you should conform to, and unable to contact other groups with similar negative stories you would just have to obey.

>He didn't even know they were filming a movie.
>Just walked on set one day and started bossing the darkies around.
>Entire movie was re-written to fit him in.

Definitely deserved the Oscars for dealing with that.

You've made me mad

Prepare yourself

Is this bait? Because if it isn't you need to get of Cred Forums and go to your vegan reddit cafe and choke on one of those blacks cocks you love so much in the bathroom.

kys my man

>Cred Forums tard uses hyphens despite not understanding even the basics of how they work

It's hilarious how the damage from the brainwashing you retards incur on your containment board affects every aspect of your pathetic, worthless lives.

>I'm an ignorant, stupid, worthless piece of garbage but I'm going to act like I know the facts anyway! When people point out that I'm a worthless, ignorant, right wing SJW I'll just squawk memes instead of reflecting on myself!

>still reposting

Keep going. We're totally convinced you aren't fuming right now.

Cred Forums is in a lot of boards now. Get used to it. Our kike overlords are dividing and conquering and guilty white millenials are falling for it. Clearly you're one of them.

Cred Forums bitches triggered by movies are the very picture of beta. Plus you're the only ones seen constantly talking and thinking about cock, so your post is just generally hilarious and clearly written by someone in the closet.

>tfw you go online and post an opinion and some obese triggly-puf gets triggered

Truly it is the best feeling.

This guy has come across terribly in interviews.

He tries to avoid and prevaricate around the rape questions by bringing up religion and suggesting 'THEY' don't want you to see the film.

Rehearsing lines you were programmed to repeat is not voicing an "opinion."

>triggered

Ironic coming from a frail, weak anime virgin from Cred Forums who constantly cries about identity politics. You're fooling no one. Go eat yourself to death.

>Rehearsing lines you were programmed to repeat is not voicing an "opinion."

That's a lot of projection there, faggot.
Sounds like you're insecure about how much of a conformist you are.

>can't discuss this movie or others like it without thread turning into pathetic Cred Forums argument
>Cred Forums has become just as bad a buzzword as reddit

shut the fuck up already

>being this fucking new
Cred Forums tier discussion has been going on for the past 7 fucking years
go back to your cesspit if you can't deal with it

don't ever reply to me or my mom's husband ever again

No, generally best picture movies have some type of box office success. This isn't meeting that criteria.

Yeah and that whole 2-on-1 raping a white woman thing in the era of rape outrage. Oh and she killed herself and during the promotional circuit for the movie the producer/protagonist expressed literally zero remorse or sympathy... fucking kek.

>market a movie to SJWs
>rape a woman and take her to court until she kills herself

Is that the same character?

you be the judge

I wish this were a sign that people, filmgoers in particular, are tired of identity politics. The truth is it's because he was tagged as a rapist and dead to these people before the movie ever premiered. Victim culture is alive and well.

>rewriting history with a rape as motivation for the rebellion

It's doubly-hilarious considering the writer/director himself is a rapist.

Die in a fire, friendo.

You really enjoy hearing your same pathetic emotional rants, huh?

You can cry and scream all you want--the average black has a very little abstract reasoning ability and is a violent, dysfunctional sociopath compared to the average white or Asian.

>it's even doing the black power salute

>Being this mad

>movie drops off 69% after it's first week
Pretty normal drop-off.

That said, it is going to lose money, and even though they probably didn't expect it to make a whole ton of money, they still will be burnt by losing money on it.

>Still winning best picture.
Possible, but not entirely likely. The reaction to this film hasn't been positive but not that great. Ignoring the rape controversy (which isn't at all fair in my opinion given the guy was cleared of all wrongdoing and is not a rapist), the movie itself hasn't really been wowing critics. The general consensus is that it was good but could have been better. Still, it's possible it'll win, and I wouldn't put it past it getting awards just in response to the whole "Oscars So White" thing from the previous year.

Well, that's entirely the point, user.

In his mind, as with pic related, he feels justified in raping a white woman due to "400 years of slavery" despite only 2.7% of whites ever owning slaves (along with 60% of free blacks at the time and 40% of Jews). He is making his own case in basing Nat Turner's revenge on the rape of a black woman.

It is a common post-conviction excuse by black criminals in the US.

well congrats to him because somewhere down the line there's going to be a burgeoning film geek browsing some movie rating website somewhere and he's going to come across "birth of a nation", see that there's 2 versions with one being one of the most critically acclaimed movies of all time and the other being a critical and commercial failure...I wonder which one he will choose to see, if either.

sauce on this

It won't win

Moonlight has a good chance, and no controversy

You're probably right.

My source is reality itself. What other source could you possibly trust?

>black guy reads the Bible and starts having delusions
>ends up leading an uprising he believes to be a holy war in which dozens of random people including women, children and babies are hacked or smashed to death
Do they talk about or show the drag-women-by-the-hair-and-behead-them and cut-baby-in-half parts or does the movie pretend the deaths wee collateral damage or intentional & completely justified anyway? How is this any different than the Klan's mentality?

It was really stupid of them to give the name of this movie with the same name of that movie. I'm sure it was to take away attention from that one or some other stupid logic but all it did was make me wonder why in the fuck someone thought it would be a good idea to remake Birth of a Nation until I actually read that it's a totally different movie later.

Nope. A black woman is raped instead.

That's a pretty normal drop-off, but it's still heading for a loss. It won't get nominated for a single Oscar due to the rape controversy and the reviews being mostly lukewarm.
Won't even read the thread because I'm sure it'll be full of Cred Forums shitflinging and uneducated statements about the film or the film industry.

>muh white wimmin and chillin
I'm not going to speak one way or the other about Nat, but this argument is weak as hell. It's always brought up as if he's the only one to do such a horrible thing.