Mfw someone says the Tim Burton Chocolate Factory is bad

>mfw someone says the Tim Burton Chocolate Factory is bad

violet >>>>>>>>> veruca

getting a massage >>>>>>> having your eyes gouged out

both are bad

u wot

Heh heh...cunny LOL

i remember watching this shit and not thinking nothing special about the little girls.

nowadays, i check out that loli asr, and i can't believe it: i was a faggot as a kid.

I can't believe how many people got turned on by the blueberry scene.

Violet actually ate hair gum

Everything in Tim Burton's version is better or on par with the original, except for Charlie.

loli pop loli pop oh loli loli poop

that shit with the stupidfucking dentist father was awful

Yes you were. We are the same age and i have had a crush on her since i firsy saw her.

new charlie is such a little shit eater
that stupid baby voice
that fucking grating british accent
god i want to strangle him

Is this Rich Evans?

I have some sympathy for the viewpoint that both versions are bad, but I blame the source material rather than the directors or screenwriters.

"Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" was a children's yarn written by an irritable author (Roald Dahl) with a fantasy agenda of punishing the sorts of children he despised. The only reason he got away with it was that back in 1964 there were far fewer parents who reacted with hysteria when someone suggested in fiction that something unpleasant might happen to a child.

This little novel didn't really go anywhere important. There were no character arcs, no real motivations, no conflicts -- just nasty child characters who the author methodically knocked down like clay pigeons. It's more like a series of extended vignettes.

As such, every treatment of the story tries to add in the missing elements that will turn the book's material into a more satisfying story-like form. Maybe someday someone will come up with an approach that makes sense. So far, though, both adaptations seemed far off the mark.

Maybe we'd need to go meta on it: tell the story of the author and explain how he was abused by rotten children as a kid and how he ended up hating children later in life. (I don't know that Dahl really hated children, but we're talking about a fictionalization anyway.)

Another approach might be to turn the story into blatant horror and portray Willie Wonka as a complexly demented serial killer.

>portray Willie Wonka as a complexly demented serial killer.
In Burton's version, he was "wacky crazy randumb" guy and that's probably the best we'll get for another decade or two.

>violet

wtf i just realized that's ASR

ASR>>>>>>Tim Curry as a little girl

>tim curry as a little girl
>what did he mean by this?
>scroll to the top
>mfw

go outside user
breath some fresh air

what the fuck did you just say about my waifu?

>they made a CGI ASR for that scene

just imagine the possibilities...

also, they tried doing it practically on the dvd bonus features and ASR complained that the suit was squeezing her butt

Honestly, the world of Willy Wonka is just so rich and fucking exhilarating that I can't help but love both of the movies. Maximum comf. And as much as I like them, I'd be totally down with seeing them remade again and again. There's so much that can be done with it.

user's idea of making it a straight horror movie would be sick, but moral guardians would be in an uproar over children being killed

>Augustus drowns in chocolate
>Violet swells up until she explodes
>Veruca is mauled by squirrels and thrown into the trash/incinerator
>Mike is accidentally stepped on

Imagine it

>Salt

What did burton mean by this?

Milk and coins.

Dahl was abused by some pretty rotten children, according to Boy. Tends to happen in boarding schools.

Don't forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he ever wanted.

>ywn squeeze her butt

>believe
I can't believe it's not butter.

Wew

What do You mean by this?

THICCC

I want to smell the inside of her track suit

>this is Veruca now

Where did everything go so right

>directed produced and written by Andrew Dobson

Puberty and genetics, probably.

that's daveign chase, she's a drug addict dog torturer