Scarface Remake Thread

No rules. Post anything relevant.

Also check this out
change.org/p/universal-pictures-have-scarface-remake-directed-by-martin-scorsese-and-quentin-tarantino

I'd rather have no Scarface remake.

>Scorsese
>Tarantino
Why?

Me too so i signed this petition to get it directedby tarantino and scorsese so it wont suck balls

Edge.

Antoine Fuqua is rumored to be the reboot director.

so it won't suck balls

>inb4 muh strong woman Scarface
>inb4 Colombians are changed to white corporate men
>inb4 the bathroom scene is a black man doing it to a undercover cop

>so it wont suck balls
Scarface is better than anything by Scorsese or Tarantino.

>a 3rd remake

I'd like to see it be about a Salvadorean in LA, who has to deal with Mexicans and ms-13

or a mexican in chacago, that could work too

Scorsese hasn't made a good film in fucking forever and QT is a fucking nigger loving hack.

nd remake
FTFY

you mean 2nd remake, 3rd film

its about a mexican in LA
>inb4 anti-trump sub-theme

you mean 2nd Kino, 3rd flick

does he get addicted to meth or what? Krokodil/fentanyl?

Sorry about that m8s

lol, as if Scarface in its 1983 spirit could exist in this pearl-clutching, emasculated society.

Why does it need a remake

people don't like movies from before 2010s now

Kids who worship Scorsese and Tarantino are too dumb to understand De Palma. What they see in Scarface is little more than what is seen by idiot rappers and thugs. They're in love with posturing and coolness.

True, scarface is a pretty consistent examination of honor and loyalty. That's why it's so satisfying and why even Tony's worst actions are justifiable when you understand his moral code.

sum1 sign that fuggin petition lol

I dunno it's a fairly simple story that could easily adapted to a modern period.

>main character is a Mexican immigrant
>starts out in east la trying live the amercian dream by doing menial jobs
>gets involved with petty criminals dealing drugs
>finds out he's naturally talented at it and begins moving further up the totem pole
>eventuality becomes head of the local cartel
>power go's to his head and tries to break of from and from his own cartel
>mob bosses send dudes to kill him
>film ends with him dying in a massive shoot out in a Beverly hills mansion

>no all female cast

wtf!?
forget about signing the petition,

>I dunno it's a fairly simple story that could easily adapted to a modern period.
Same can be said of Hamlet. Doesn't make it a good idea. It's De Palma approach which makes Scarface great, not necessarily the material (although Stone's script is good).

>I dunno it's a fairly simple story that could easily adapted to a modern period.
thats why it SHOULDNT be a remake, if you can already easily imagine it in modern times(even though the 80s weren't that fucking long ago goddamn) the move makers have no job to do.

its movies that are hard for audiences today to understand and relate to that should be remade, if any.

It's going to be set in the future and everyone fights with giant robots in space Miami.

it will suck bbc instead

>taxi driver
>raging bull
>goodfellas

can't remake a classic. if i had to tho i'd set it in chicago. the remake would involve chiraq, and battle rap.

Scarface is a perfectly executed movie, there's no reason for a remake.
And Scorsese and Tarantino are past their prime in a downward spiral, every one of their movies being inferior than the previous one.
Chances are it will be awful.

No, no, and definitely not. Taxi Driver and Raging Bull are impeccably made but typical New Hollywood fare, overly reliant on realism and self-serious gravitas. I'd take After Hours over any of them.

This article was made by a 14 year old
Most likely, only niggers like Scarface enough to see it rebooted
Case in point.

Why do people make the most retarded petitions?

Sigh. I'm pretty fucking disappointed. The original is perfect. No need for a remake. Most likely it will be really shitty and they will fuck it up and not get that laidback 80's nightclub vibe.

>The original is perfect.
>laidback 80's nightclub vibe.
the original was made about 50 years before the 80s