Just watched this movie. What are my thoughts on it?

Just watched this movie. What are my thoughts on it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UDdwxwE5J6w
youtube.com/watch?v=7xDBTuDLNbI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What does this have to do with "I Am the Walrus", by The Beatles?

not very good not very scary not very funny
all around bad but kind in a kind of disturbing way that makes me hate it even more

i kinda like how it looks like an 80s tim burton movie despite being made in 2014
right down to having johnny depp doing a shit job at acting

Exhibit #7 as to why Kevin Smith is a talentless hack that lucked out with Clerks and has been on a precipitous and steady decline ever since?

movie was literally conceptualized during a stoned podcast

It was the first time in a long time I truly had no idea how I felt after finishing a film.

You hated it because it was awful.

You didn't watch it

>a talentless hack that lucked out with Clerks

unfair

he lucked out with Clerks and Chasing Amy

You think you should kill yourself for making this thread.

I am the walrus

this was genuinely hard to watch, it's the best movie at that

Chasing Amy is only remembered for the following:

>Star Wars/Darth Vader monologue
>Tracer scene
>Santa Claus/Easter Bunny/Agenda of Rage Dyke/Sweet lesbian at an intersection scene

That's it. I can't remember a single thing in regard to the Affleck/Joey Lauren Adams romance except maybe the shitty "muh painting" scene

saw it a year ago or so, it was pretty good considering I had no expectations for it, Johnny Depp's character cracked me up, and the face of the walrus suit was kinda creepy. Justin Long gave an awesome performance as usual, for such a good actor it's a shame how desperate he is for work

hell be fine

he really is good, but i feel like he just takes fun roles that he doesn't need to take seriously and try super hard at (despite being good regardless) and just has fun when he's making movies

It's one of my favorite horror comedies.

I loved it. For better or worse it was one of the most truly unique movies I've seen. Ironic considered the plot synopsis is an obvious ripoff.

Most of you on this board seem to think "net worth" means the amount of money they have.

She broke her hymen on a fence post.

not at all, it means the amount of money he has + his assets
if you have $15 in cash + assets, you're doing alright.

It was just fucking shitty imo, mostly because it lacked the type of humor that usually makes these kinds of movies watchable.

SHUT THE FUCK UP DONNY

2/10
not teh worst thing is saw in my life, but up there

acting was on point though, props to the actors

It's a one hour forty minute long inside joke between Kevin Smith and his braindead fan base. Not horror or comedy. Just a mediocre piece of dog shit, but Kevin doesn't care because "hehee i dont care what the critics or my fans think im doing what i wanna do now assholes >:)".

Please go see Suicide Squad again or DC will kill my family.

I thought that too until I watched his interviews for Tusk, he seems like someone who takes what he does very seriously, or at least he does now that he's older. I can't find the specific video but at nine minutes here he briefly mentions his worries about his career being nearly dead until he Kevin Smith contacted him to be in Tusk youtu.be/UDdwxwE5J6w

it isgreat you autistic cucks

>the itsy bitsy spider crawls up the water spout
>holy shit
it was pretty damn funny.

Are you here about the 'pider?

Yoga Hosers is SOOOOOO much better than this movie. Not just the best Kevin Smith movie, but probably THE best movie in the history of cinema.

Kevin Smith's only decent flick.

Do you know what nemesis means?

I didn't even recognize that character as Depp until looking at the credits.

every single depp character is the same, except each one has a different wig and a different accent

willy wonka = jack spero = whitey bulger = Guy Lapointe

the man's a hack

It'd be better if someone edited it down to like 10 minutes or so.

Honestly loved it. Acting was great all around and it's one of the first movies in a long time to really hit the terror/horror ratio on point and with originality and I give them mad props for that.

In a sea of regurgitated shlock horror movies it's amazing that two stoners on a podcast managed to come up with the most original and interesting horror movie in over a decade.

One of my favorite movies of last year.

It was refreshing to see something so different and Michael Parks could have won an Oscar with that performance.

It's not his fault he gets picked to play quirky caricatures. There's plenty of roles where he plays something different or even a serious role just fine.

The more I think about it, the better that sounds. This would have been a great segment in one of those movies that's a series of short stories like VHS.

whitey bulger is pretty much the opposite of a quirky character, and was a perfect opportunity for him to play a serious role, but he still shat up black mass with his overacting and caricature bullshit

So fucking funny :)))
youtube.com/watch?v=7xDBTuDLNbI

What the FUCK were they thinking with this detective shit and that whole dialogue outside?

>host calls jorts-wearing kevin smith "the auteur of our generation"
kek

They ending was sad.
Not a happily ever after story.

fear and loathing

damn, my thoughts exactly

Tim burton movies are entertaining tho

It litterally means that

It'd be cool as, like, an episode of Tales from the Crypt or Outer Limits or some kind of similar show.

Honestly, they need to bring those kind of Twilight Zone anthology shows back and dump all the good ideas that don't quite stretch out into full length films onto them.

Shitty bait.

For anyone wondering, this is net worth:

>Net worth (sometimes called net or wealth) is the total assets minus total outside liabilities of an individual or a company. Net worth is used when talking about the value of a company or in personal finance for an individual's net economic position. Put another way, net worth is any asset owned minus any debt owed.