How bad is this?

How bad is this?

Other urls found in this thread:

cinemablend.com/new/Why-Smith-Isn-t-Independence-Day-Resurgence-72184.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pretty bad, though it had some cool ideas.
I want a spin off with Deobia Oparei's character hunting down aliens in Africa Predator-style.

It was pretty dreadful. I have low standards and even I thought it was hokey and corny. It wasn't a sequel so much as it was a series of things that happened in the first movie but everyone was older.

Has some really cool ideas drowned by the writers thinking nearly every scene needs to be some type of nostalgic throwback to the original. Not to mention it didn't really have any tension at all. Like it felt like there wasn't anything at stake...even though the world was going to end.

>it's a "Mike likes a film that's incredibly shitty, but he gives good reasons for liking it, so you can't tell if he likes it because it's so bad it's good or not" episode

Effects were cool where they needed to be
Ending was 8/10. Worth to sit through it for that alone.

a so bad it's good flick has to be funny in some way and this wasn't. I want to know what mike was on when he saw it

Why the fuck do every alien races need a queen now a days?

Nothing in the first movie remotely hinted at it, except maybe the line about them being like locusts but that is a stretch.

Also I was disappointed they didn't have practical effects like the first one.

Probably one of the worst movies I've seen in years, I couldn't fucking believe how cheesy and awful it was, couldn't finish it

Fucking kill yourself. It was disgustingly bad.

That's just like your opinion. Maaaaaaaaaaaan

HIGHLY

>Effects were cool
>not 2009 anymore
>check year

Wasted potential. So many directions they could have taken this IP and they give us a remake of the first movie made for the fucking chinks. It was a blatant corporate cash in.

ghostbusters 2016 > independence day resurgence

Movie has probably the most indestructible school bus I've ever seen..

One of the better chineses movies i have seen.

good for its simpler, uncomplicated movie-times

Oh wait that's not the original. It sucks

Pretty much this. Tried to copy the original exactly. And no Will Smith.

>And no Will Smith.

cinemablend.com/new/Why-Smith-Isn-t-Independence-Day-Resurgence-72184.html

>Earlier in the day, I was lucky enough to have a conversation with Independence Day co-writer and producer Dean Devlin about Will Smith’s absence, and while he’s now speaking from a point of moving forward without a major talent, the way that he described the writing process on the sequel without Smith made a lot of sense. According to Devlin, the original Independence Day was a true ensemble picture, with Smith, Goldblum, Pullman, Fox and even Quaid getting their individual moments. Devlin explained that adding Smith, now, to a sequel would automatically make him the star of the film. Once they knew Smith wasn’t returning, Devlin said the creative team was able to go back into the script and redistribute the action, so that Independence Day: Resurgence will be a true ensemble pic that has plenty of memorable moments for the original cast, and the newcomers looking to carry the torch. Emmerich did say that they will deal with the "disappearance" of Will Smith in a "very respectful way," saying that the character "is still part of this universe." But it doesn’t sound like a cameo is happening, because it wouldn’t make sense in the new story.

>Once they knew Smith wasn’t returning, Devlin said the creative team was able to go back into the script and redistribute the action, so that Independence Day: Resurgence will be a true ensemble pic that has plenty of memorable moments for the original cast, and the newcomers looking to carry the torch.

>my face when

>I-it's good that we don't have a movie star in our movie!
Christ. The new cast were terrible, especially Will Smith's son. And they shouldn't have brought back the kooky scientist. That was awful too

>Will Smith's son.
Wife's son.

really really bad

>not Will Smith
>not Thor

No chemistry at all, female lead was the worst, black guy was next

Liam was ok to bad especially when he screams his accent slips and he sounds like he has down syndrome

legitimately one of the worst movies I've ever seen