Why were there practically no black people in Seinfeld...

Why were there practically no black people in Seinfeld? Pretty sure there's supposed to be a lot of them in New York City. Were Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld just incredible racists?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oUc0vbSlanM
youtube.com/watch?v=oUc0vbSlanM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The blacks were too afraid of "Head on a Spike" Newman to appear.

>ywn see Elaine get BLACKED

>forcing this shit
you tried

Sure beats when she got NEWMAN'ed.

youtu.be/oUc0vbSlanM

These threads always remind me of this

David and Seinfeld probably didn't fraternize with blacks that much in their personal lives, so it reflected in the show.

I know the show always went to dark places (like George getting angry at the suicide jumper who wrecked his car) but anyone else feel like this episode went a bit too far?

Kramer walked in as Newman was choking her and just did his usual Kramer flailing, and the audience laughed. I know it was the early 90s but Jesus.

Kill yourself nigger

But she was blacked

>the episode originally dealt with Elaine getting lost in Harlem

You can't make this shit up

I feel you. I watched Seinfeld as a "feel good" tonic to my stressed-out life, so it was a bit jarring to see Kramer peer into Elaine's eyes while asking Newman to "Hold her still, buddy...I want my face to be the last thing she sees. Giddyup."

George had a black friend. They watched Breakfast At Tiffany's together.

Many 90's ahows were very segregated. Black shows hardly had white people and white shows had almost no black people.

Can't remember a black guy on friends either. If friends or seinfeld was made today you can bet at least one would be black and one Asian or Hispanic.

Jerry seinfeld's irl best friend is that black dude from the Puerto Rica day episode

Okay. David perhaps didn't have black friends.

How come its only recently that blacks are crying for more roles? Back in the 90s they didn't get so sad when a tv show was cast full of whites...

Still: the 90s had tons of movies starring blacks

Maroon Golf?

youtube.com/watch?v=oUc0vbSlanM

It isn't the 90s any more, senpai. It's the current year.

Things got worse not better.

Yep they're frequent collaborators too

wtf I like bondage now

Yea you're probably right

Why do you bother trying to participate you stupid faggot?

Black guys appeared in Seinfeld from time to time. The main 4 just didn't have any close acquaintances that were black (except George). And they were generally completely normal people as opposed to the antics of the main cast and secondary characters.

on jewbc? unbelievable!

protip: larry knows plenty of black people. he even banged viv.

It was a time when diversity was not forced, and people didn't even think of the idea of there not being any black people on the show.

Those were good times.