Be Nate Parker

>be Nate Parker
>literally the Chosen One, handpicked by studios and critics as the shining boy for next year's Oscars
>make mediocre film propped up by progressive hopes for We Wuz Oscars moment
>bought for highest amount in Sundance history
>Oscar nominations practically assured
>old rape charges brought up
>condemned by feminists for rape charges
>condemned by black women for marrying a white chick
>critics slowly admit the film is not as good as they said it was, they just wanted to hop on the #OscarsSoWhite bandwagon
>film crashes on opening weekend
>will not make back budget
>Racist 1915 film will remain a classic while your clever "subversion" is now a box office bomb
>Oscar chances all gone

Nobody has ever gone from 0 to JUST faster than this man and his movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

bet.com/celebrities/news/2016/08/07/nate-parker-s-wife.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_Landmesser
reddit.com/r/movies/comments/4t1ik4/new_the_birth_of_a_nation_poster/
facebook.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

why you have to be so racist OP?

Why are you so bitter towards a certain race, op?

Scott Mendelson needs a new photo

The (((powers that be))) must be really fuming right now. I doubt he's gonna make another movie ever. This is a JUST of Paul Feig proportions.

Going by second week drop off alone isn't a smart idea. For examples, Avengers 2 had a second week drop off of 74%, and it still pulled 1.4 billion. This is because, in general, most people go to see big movies like Avengers 2 the first week.

Thing is, Birth of a Nation didn't do well in its first week despite having such a wide release, so this drop off indicates it has bombed.

I dunno, I think the whole thing says a lot about the current state of social movements in America. I think interest in caring about things like "representation of minorities in Hollywood" is declining, I think people aren't staying "woke," but there might be more to it than that.

Certainly, the rape allegations (that he was cleared of, not that that matters to the perpetually outraged) hurt the movie's performance to some extent.

I think the rape allegations combined with the fictional rape in the movie combined to paint Nate as a horrible asshole even in the unlikely event that he isn't a rapist.

>be random loser on Cred Forums
>get butthurt and complain about racism against white people

Seriously, no one gives a shit what you think

People are just sick of niggers' shit right now.

But thats wrong though.

What's the 1915 movie?

This is a good point, I hadn't even heard of the 1915 version until this one was advertised.

In a weird sort of way, this flick brought notoriety to a forgotten KKK propaganda piece.

I thought it was a nazi movie with the same name

But it can't be the 1915 version

just when i thought Cred Forums couldn't get more pleb i see these posts... never heard of birth of a nation... shake my head...

Going to see it this afternoon, i've been told every black person should go see it.

Wake up man, it's no Triumph des Willens

You're only willing to believe he's a rapist, despite him being cleared of the allegation (singular) because he's black.

If he were white, you'd be crying about how feminism is destroying him.

I don't appreciate dishonesty.

I miss bigbeast

>You're only willing to believe OJ's a murderer, despite him being cleared of the allegation (singular) because he's black.

The original Birth of a Nation, regardless of its content, is a landmark in film. You should have at least heard of it.

Not that it matters. That other user was being a dick.

why niggers wear white socks?

AYO WE HAZ BRAINS AND WE INVENTED SHIEEET LIKE PENUBUTTAH KNOWN SAYIN AYOO WE WUZ MUTHA FUKIN KINGS

Yes, absolutely.

>Yes, absolutely.
Here's your (You) then.

I'm white and i wear pic related. i have 30 pairs of these and no other socks.

>box office
Lel, you think Capeshit should be winning Palme D'ors? Pussy grabbing pleb

I honestly don't give a fuck about the rape charges. What I give a fuck about is taking a politically relevant story and changing it so that your black protagonist is more sympathetic in his quest to kill white men women and children than he was in real life. That shit is fucking despicable.
From a legit madman who thought it was visions from God telling him to go and kill whitey, to an honourable man whose wife got raped. What a load of bullshit.

He was cleared after the bitch killed herself

do you have sex while wearing them?
do you go to the beach while wearing them?
are your trousers short?

I think it has to do with the rise of Trump. It's not just this movie, even leftist networks and things like the NFL after the protests are suffering lower views. His supporters are nothing if not determined.

>have this
>not having all black ghost busters

I can, my feet get hot
Landlocked state
I wear jeans and slacks mostly, they're not short

Thanks I appreciate it.

>Going by second week drop off alone isn't a smart idea.

But it is.
Your own example of the Avengers 2 wasn't anywhere near as well received as the first Avengers or even Captain America 2, hence the drop off because there was nothing for the plebs to latch onto, like a charismatic villain or a slightly stylish story with well-done action scenes.

>>condemned by black women for marrying a white chick
>>critics slowly admit the film is not as good as they said it was, they just wanted to hop on the #OscarsSoWhite bandwagon
Sauce for both of these?

Possibly. I guess we'll see if your average American is really fed up with it with this election.

>sauce

You don't need a source for something that's been a black cultural thing for 50+ years.

>Pussy grabbing pleb
what are you some sort of cucked numale?

Avengers 2 did better than Captain America 2 in the box office, largely because it had a better opening.

>movie about a nigger killing whitey
>made by a militant black nationalist
>blacks are only 13% of the population and are too poor to see movies
>"why doesn't everyone else want to watch this???"

I almost feel bad for the guy.

Almost.

Damn, at least we know feminism trumps racism now.

The A.V. club review was hilarious

>I want to give it an A because Blacks

>I want to give it a D because raaaaape

>So I'll give it a C

>...oh yeah, the movie is okay, kinda.

Captain America 2 had a big drop off (60%). Can't remember or find the information for the first Avengers, but I wouldn't be too shocked if it was above the average.

No no no. Trump is not the cause. He is the response. This anti-white bullshit has been cranked up to 11 for years now. Trayvon, Black Lives Matter, etc etc etc

It's a Faraci moment.

You can't cry foul when you tried to capitalize on the same system that fucked you over.

Live by the SJW sword, die by the SJW sword.

Not that user, and I wouldn't say all or most people gave him shit for it, but yes, people did give him shit for it.

bet.com/celebrities/news/2016/08/07/nate-parker-s-wife.html

I am actually kinda surprised to be honest. 50% of white americans are completely cucked by 'white guilt'.

Trump is a symptom.

This is why it's funny when people act like electing Clinton is going to end these problems. She's continuing a chain that caused these problems and will make them worse.

Trump is just the beginning.

>Faraci moment
What?

Exactly. Trump offers the possibility of fixing many of our grievances. If Trump loses, the pot will eventually boil over instead. Some shit WILL eventually go down. It's a question of whether it's going to be peaceful or violent.

Is this real? lmao

see user's link Blacks are fucking ridiculous. The way their blatant racism is just accepted too is also fucking ridiculous.

You must not know any black people, but yes this is a thing

Film critic Devin Faraci. Spent the last couple of years building his profile by being the most violently determined, vocal and abusive SJW humanly possible.

Last week got outed as a rapist (based on a very old unverifiable claim). Career absolutely btfo and dead. Can't fight it, because he championed the same system that crushed him.

>racism can be ignored when blacks do it and its against whites
That's exactly what it means and not even an exaggeration.

O-ok

I don't know who this is and don't see how it relates to this situation or why you'd bring it up.

Do you genuinely think it's fair that a person have their career ruined because they were accused of something courts cleared them of years ago? Because I don't think you do.

Holy shit

Not when they try to push an anti-Semite agenda through propaganda backed by (((them)))

these BLM types are just against BLACKED as Cred Forums.

*anti-white

>do you see Jewish people running after Germans

yes, even during WW2
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_Landmesser

B-but did you hear Week's has a new Ultimate Salad?

>I will not seek to give him my money to come out of Black the economy to support a white female my natural enemy
Where do you start?

ITS NOT RACISTS YOU IDIOTS

PEOPLE JUST LEARNED AFTER SUCKING OFF 12 YEARS OF A SLAVE

Yeah, I can't agree to this. I don't think injustice is fine just because you politically disagree with the guy.

Anwar Brooks was right.

Are you genuinely stupid?

Do I think it's fair that a person has their career ruined by the very same systems they helped promote and used to get to their position?

Yes.

It's literally

POTTERY
O
T
T
E
R
Y

Was Reddit in the wrong here?

reddit.com/r/movies/comments/4t1ik4/new_the_birth_of_a_nation_poster/

Again; Live by the sword, die by the sword.

His career existed because of far left politics, and it was ended by far left politics.

Was the situation that ended his career right? No.

...But neither was the situation that created his career.

So it evens out.

You don't think it's right unless it's done to someone you don't like.

You sound like a genuine asshole.

Any means neccesary are valid against an uppity nigger, seriously. If we don't have Trump, there is going to be a race war. Parker was stirring the pot for his own profit, and he deserves everything we can use against him.

Is Anwar /ourguy/?

>HURRRRR THE DEATH PENALTY IS JUST AS BAD AS MURDER

*tips fedora*

Is that you, Chloe Grace Moretz? Is this me?

I didn't need to read that.

Correct.

Those systems aren't right.

But there is no sympathy on my part for him because he was perfectly happy to enjoy the benefits of that system.

What confuses you about that?

Anwar is the true voice of black America, that's what's so tragic about a bitter minority of black Americans allowing themselves to be used by Clinton like Obama never happened.

Great strawman your mom must be proud of you.

Great buzzword.

Upboat much karma.

I'm more offended that this nobody had the gall to challenge D.W. Griffith than anything else. Fucking 'Cloud Atlas' was probably a better challenge to Griffith than this shit will be.

>WE WUZ SLAVES

NOBODY CARES ANYMORE. YOU'RE STILL SLAVES( TO THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY OF COURSE). YOU LITERALLY TRADED A CABIN AND PIG GUTS FOR SECTION 8 HOUSING AND FOOD STAMPS.

>(You)

Alright. I'm glad you at least understand what a hypocrite that makes you that you're cheering on an injustice that you yourself are supposed to be against.

Not him, but the most important lesson you will ever learn is that hypocrisy is a meaningless accusation. We all prefer our own interests. We all want justice for others and mercy for ourselves. This is called 'human nature'.

>when Redditor tells you Reddit is not a liberal shithole

Why you lie?

It doesn't make me a hypocrite.

If you support him or the movie while deriding the ruination of his career, you are a hypocrite.

I do not actually believe, at all, that he is a rapist.

I celebrate, in the loosest sense of the term, his career being ruined by the same politics he used to succeed.

There is literally nothing hypocritical about that.

I didn't support him when he race baited fucking self loathing cucks to get a career boost, and I don't support him when self loathing cucks ruin his career to virtue signal.

Lay down with dogs, get up with fleas.

>We all want justice
But you don't want justice. You want to see bad things (that you know are wrong) happen to people with different politics, and then cry when those other people want and do the same.

Sure thing, Bob.

yes, yes you're middle-ground neutral so wise and all that. But can you fuck off? I've been watching these posts go back and forth for however long and you just don't get it.

What'shisname rode the virtue-signalling tolerance-wave to success and now it's violently crashed down on him.

That's funny.

It's not even that.

I'm not ona soap box demanding justice for his rape "victim".

I enjoy the schadenfreude of seeing a man who exists in the public eye because of his exploitation of identity politics be crucified in the public eye because of identity politics.

I'm not the one pointing the finger and yelling "Raaaaapist! Burn his career down!".

That's the same SJW's he turned to for success.

I'm just enjoying my popcorn.

"He's not a rapist, but he committed thought crimes, so I'm happy he's being called a rapist and having his career destroyed."

In the case the end justified the means

>rode the virtue-signalling tolerance-wave to success
The guy who said "I won't portray a gay because it's immoral and emasculating?" That guy? Yeah, gonna call bullshit on it.

lol.

I'm literally the opposite of Mr. Movie Blob.

I don't claim to be standing on any moral high ground, nor do I give two shita about his purported "victim" or pretend to.

I am out of the loop, what is this all about?

Lmao shit deflection

This film was never that loved. Even after Sundance. The critics liked it but they thought it was a flawed film. I remember the average score on RT in January was like 7.7 or so.

>yes, yes you're middle-ground neutral so wise and all that.
You've got it wrong. I'm not middle ground neutral.

I'm staunchly against social justice warriors like you destroying the livelihood of an innocent man using a baseless allegation that was dismissed in courts.

Fuck off back to tumblr, bitchtits.

Whether something's wrong or not depends on who it's happening to. If it's happening to Nate Parker, I'm fine with it. There are no absolute moral standards because there are no secular human rights - the whole thing is a meme, a spook. In reality, there is God's equal love for all of us, which I don't dispute, and then there's merit, hierarchy, respect, obedience, duty, protocol and tradition. Nate Parker tried to prosper by yelling 'fire' in a crowded theater. He will never be anything now.

Lmao you're no better than fucking moviebob

>View it as mediocre
>still give it a 7.7

Man fuck this dumb shit

You're argument is still shit
Step up bitch nigga

Helping to get white cops murdered isn't a thought crime.

Hey man, did you really skip your grandma's funeral to play video games all day?

He just wants what we all want. Newks Ultimate Salad

I don't think my 2 posts I've made ITT have done any damage to his reputation.

Yes, I agree with that precisely. Why do you pretend to be confused?

Wrongthink is dangerous. You've convinced me.

I'm not at all confused. I know you're the same caliber of human being as Bob Chipman.

Goddamn that's a good salad.

It's good, just not amazing. Currently it has 7.3 score.

Pretty brave of him to voice his desires in today's political climate. I just hope his voice along with many others aren't drowned out.

You know that the movie was made to profit from BLM and the rise of black anarchy. You know this. Why are you lying about it?

It depends who he intended to target. I don't know who he is, so it matters little to me.

Well if you say it, it's good enough to be true!

Keep fighting the good fight user. If only everyone could read 1984 and realize these great truths you have such a firm grasp on.

Good reply.

He was only allowed to make it because of that shit. This is like claiming Griffith's original wasn't racist - Nate Parker's Birth of a Nation exists to make bank from the same culture and drives BLM played to and that led to cop-killing.

Just because people aren't watching it doesn't mean it won't be a best picture nominee.

I'm calling it right now. The Academy pretty much has to nominate all the leading actors, the director, and the film for best picture or the SJW and WE WUZ KINGS outcry will destroy them.

Hell, if Birth of a Nation doesn't win Best Picture it will be a bloodbath.

I'm calling it right now, they're giving Best Picture to this movie.

I want him to win. I want to see the SJW scum that wanted niggers to win Oscars. Well you got want you wanted. A nigger won. And big shock he's also a rapist that got a girl to kill herself. I want to see the look on their faces when they try to worm their way out of this one.

Anwar is best.

Yakub did this

Unlikely. If they could make Oscar bait this easily, they would do it every year.

Thanks for typing this out.

A N W A R B R O O K S

I'd go with their Cobb, Ahi tuna, or Black & Bleu salads, personally.

But I respect that we're separate but equal in our love for salads.

And to think, all a black man had to do to to strike a blow against white establishment and inspire a whole generation of little dindus was make a movie that didn't completely suck and also not do rapings and he couldn't even manage that

>Ok, listen up Nate, we're going to make you big
>Why?
>Why, because you're black and we need the positive PR from brainwashed bloggers
>Alright, what do I need to do?
>Ok, all you have to do, listen to me closely
>I'm listening
>All you have to do is NOT rape. Do you understand that?
>What do you mean?
>Just, do NOT rape.
>Huh?!

Haha so true! This guy gets it.

JUST WE WUZ MY SHIT UP SENPAI

Hollywood should make a movie about Anwar where he goes around trying to shill for Newk's. I'd watch it.

Me too.

Anwar... my nigga

Anwar for president.

>I cannot stand forward, and give praise or blame to anything which relates to human actions, and human concerns, on a simple view of the object, as it stands stripped of every relation, in all the nakedness and solitude of metaphysical abstraction. Circumstances (which with some gentlemen pass for nothing) give in reality to every political principle its distinguishing color and discriminating effect. The circumstances are what render every civil and political scheme beneficial or noxious to mankind.

I didn't know Burke was such an eloquent writer. Much better than his speeches.

It's sterile and he likes the taste.

Thread is full of babies. Nate Parker failing is schadenfreude;

>hoist by one's own petard

> (idiomatic) To be hurt or destroyed by one's own plot or device intended for another; to be "blown up by one's own bomb".

> He has no one to blame but himself; he was hoisted by his own petard.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

That is the only good quality inherent in progressive SJWs:

They always eat their own.

I award you one hundred Internet points.

Women.

Throughout history, women have always spread their legs for conquering invaders. It is a survival mechanism.

It's also why women should not be allowed an equal say in how you run a country.

Found him.

facebook.com [slash] anwarbelinda.brooks?fref=ts

They have a weird all or nothing mentality. The 99 posters who all think the same will obsess over the 1 poster who is different.