Suicide Squad Hate Thread

You told me it was kino Cred Forums and like a fool I believed you.

The godawful editing already makes it the worst cape flick of the year but everything else is terrible too. Jared Leto and Margot Robbie's performances are Razzie worthy. Absolutely disgusting Hot Topic aesthetic. All those popular songs they just crammed in there for no reason.

>dude i'm so cuhhrraayzzeeee amirite lmao xDDD

There's no way any kind of extended cut could salvage this garbage, it's beyond repair now

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0nkZWxcgaUE
collider.com/suicide-squad-zack-snyder-flash-scene/
reelsource.ru/ru/reel-life/interview_vasyanov
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw Hot Topic aesthetic capeshit was all you ever you wanted

>godawful editing
You don't know what editing is and what makes it good or bad.
You are spouting memes.

I haven't seen the movie, but you don't know anything about film.

if you use kino unironically as some measurement of quality you were a fucking idiot from day 1.

i watched it just recently, i dont feel like the acting or characters ruined it

its dogshit fucking story that made it suck dick

>I haven't seen the movie
Then your opinion is worthless.
Because he's right. The editing is fucking horrible.

Don't get all pretentious on me bitchboy "cinephile"

Even the plebbiest pleb can see how badly they butchered the original footage

Does anybody have a webm or gif of enchantress doing her stupid gyration for the intro trailer?

How do you not realise by now that Kino means Shit?

hey user, let me tell you something

You're retarded and any opinion you may have counts for shit

should have waited for the extended on november 11

>daily Suicide Squad thread
I felt that something was missing.

Joker can save this.

I love how the general consensus around here was that joker was gonna make the movie shit now that it's been out it seems people are waiting for the extended cut hoping more joker would make this a more coherent movie.

>Joker can save this.

No, he can't, and that's the fundamental problem in his inclusion.

>coherent
while the story was fairly mediocre, how the fuck did you have trouble following it?

No, the editing in the film is actually very noticeable. It's cut in a way to evoke a sense of madness and confusion to mirror the characters, but it comes across as childish.

It all ties into the real problem of this film: it's the lightest DC movie so far, despite the fact that it stars the VILLAINS. You know how many people most of the villians killed in the movie? Zero.

Superman has a higher bodycount. Batman has a higher bodycount.

Deadshot shoots a mafia snitch, and that's the one legitimate kill in the film. Waller kills a room full of innocent people, making her the only truly unlikable villain in the movie. They pussified the suicide squad.

you're the biggest idiot here falling for the kino meme, don't come in here acting like you're above everyone else

You can almost see what David Ayer originally wanted this film to be. I'd rather have seen his grim and gritty version instead of this abomination.

It's really sad how delusional execs can completely fuck over a film like this.

i think we just found our newest retard

Did you just miss all the times they killed Enchantress minions, the time boomer threw a boomerang into a dudes skull, croc eating a guard or diablo torching an entire prison yard as well as his family

Wrong word choice I guess.

I think everybody wanted that, it would have still been cringed but in a better way. And there would have been a lot less room for Harley *we're bad guys heheh* Quinn

>Did you just miss all the times they killed Enchantress minions

Nameless, featureless creatures for a safe PG-13 rating. Basically the putties from Power Rangers: youtube.com/watch?v=0nkZWxcgaUE

>the time boomer threw a boomerang into a dudes skull

I don't remember that actually. Was it another one of the PG-13 zombies?

>diablo torching an entire prison yard as well as his family

His powers killed his family, that's not the same as intentionally doing something evil. You're right about the prison yard though, so I will give you one legitimate point out of your entire list of bullshit.

To be honest, every 15 minutes I was asking "how did everything lead up to this"

>godawful editing

I don't think you understand what that means.
(Hint: it doesn't mean the film used too much pop music or that it lacks a second act)

>it lacks a second act
I think you meant it has two first acts

Nobody on here said it was kino you idiot, you fell for false flagging memes.

>Nameless, featureless creatures for a safe PG-13 rating.
they still fucking killed them dipshit

>I don't remember that actually.
his first fucking scene

you really are dumb as fuck

I just want more Joker and Harley scenes because they're the ones we know for a fact have been cut, like the one where he smacks her to the ground and stuff. Their backstory just seemed retarded, worst part of this is that many people came to see this for them and they still were dumb enough to cut it out.

i think that may be a problem more with you than the film if you really couldn't follow it

There's a difference between not being able to follow a story and following a story yet still belong able to objectively see its nonsense.

Any of the cast and crew commented on the butchered version? I hear Leto was pissed?

Also Extended cut is only gonna be 13 minutes longer, unless they change everything around (loose the shitty pop music, etc) it's not gonna be much better.

a) music is added in editing you fucking pleb
b) The way the whole film was cut was an absolute shitshow. Like a teenager flicking through SUPER AWSUM YouTube videos letting each one play for 10 seconds before going "nah wait this is evun betta"

If you are talking about the flashback, Boomerang didn't kill the guy

The boomerang just hit his head and he falls, like Batman does all the time with batarangs

Unless something is said that he killed the guy but I don't feel like checking the dialogues

>they still fucking killed them dipshit

No, they were already dead.

>his first fucking scene

You mean the bank robbery? The boomerang didn't "go into the guy's skull", and since this is a bloodless, teethless movie; there's no evidence he's actually dead.

The flame guy was the worst. The main characters spend one scene together in the bar and suddenly they are his "family" even though he only talked to Will Smith and Margot Robbie. Then he turns into a CGI skeleton and dies and it's supposed to be a sad moment.

Jai Courtney is just there. I thought he was going to be the comic relief but he did fucking nothing.

The crocodile man is just there.

The Joker has nothing to do with the story.

Army man and the witch are in love because I guess that's what they wrote in the script.

>they still fucking killed them dipshit
This is like saying the Avengers are killers because they destroyed Ultron's robots.

Then again, the Avengers do kill in the movies. At least Cap and Iron Man. They have bigger body counts than most of the Squad too.

What a stupid fucking movie.

You can't be real.

>implying this is a film

Alright then, spoonfeed me.
What was the reason behind nigress leader shooting everyone in the room
Why didnt enchantress free her nigger bro the moment she possessed that grill
Why was half the plot backstories?
Why did the flame guy turn into a skeleton

>What was the reason behind nigress leader shooting everyone in the room

They knew too much about the Suicide Squad.

>Why was half the plot backstories?

Because it's a bad movie.

>Why did the flame guy turn into a skeleton

It's his superpower. Seemed magical in origin, probably related to aztec sorcery.

Firstly, it has bad pacing which is due in part to editing, but the action scenes were cut pretty well.

Secondly Suicide Squad was "Hot Topic" before Hot Topic existed.

Lastly, Margot did a decent job. Agreed on Leto though. They should have gone full Joker or no Joker and it seemed like they couldn't decide.

>there are people who fell for the kino meme
I wonder how many retards watched SS and BvS expecting some deep masterpieces because of Cred Forums's faggy memes.

>It's his superpower. Seemed magical in origin, probably related to aztec sorcery
You and I both know you looked into it on wikipedia.
>They knew too much about the Suicide Squad.
That's an absurd reason for even the blackest black op to kill off staff members for KNOWING ABOUT THEIR OWN BLACK OP.
>Because it's a bad movie.
At least you are honest here.

I wonder how many retards believe the memes with regard to BvS.

I watched BvS because I grew up on DC cartoons and was hyped to finally see Batman and superman together on the big screen after Marvel made cape movies big again.

I left severely disappointed.

ITT: to dumb for a superhero movie

dude, a boomerang to the head will kill a man

>No, they were already dead.
now you're making shit up

see last comment

The avengers are killers, even in the comics. A better example would be the first one.

>What was the reason behind nigress leader shooting everyone in the room
They knew to much, duh
>Why didnt enchantress free her nigger bro the moment she possessed that grill
Had to come up with a plan, duh
>Why was half the plot backstories?
Poor pacing, duh
>Why did the flame guy turn into a skeleton
Possessed by a devil, duh

you cant be samefagging this hard

Was it autism?

>You and I both know you looked into it on wikipedia.
they imply it at least three times before it happens dumbass
>That's an absurd reason for even the blackest black op to kill off staff members for KNOWING ABOUT THEIR OWN BLACK OP.
Not really.

yes, chances are you are autistic

They imply he's possessed by an Aztec god...?
Yeah, no. No they don't.

And that's only a realistic way for a black ops team to act if the writer was retarded and making a ham fisted gubbmint am bad point. It doesn't reflect reality.

Kino means shit.

Learn to keep up with the memes you newfags.

>You and I both know you looked into it on wikipedia.

Nigger he was a mexican who turned into a giant mayan looking skeleton man. why would i need wikipedia for that?

>That's an absurd reason for even the blackest black op to kill off staff members for KNOWING ABOUT THEIR OWN BLACK OP.

Those people were FBI, they didn't work for Waller or the Suicide Squad. They weren't supposed to know anything about it. Flagg bringing the group to them was the first time they heard about it.

>Yeah, no. No they don't.
but they do, they even show its face at one point

>And that's only a realistic way for a black ops team to act if the writer was retarded and making a ham fisted gubbmint am bad point. It doesn't reflect reality
Not quite sure what you just said, but are you really expecting a film based on DC comics to be realistic

>dude, a boomerang to the head will kill a man

so will a batarang, but movie follow their own logic and at no point is it stated that the man died.

>The avengers are killers, even in the comics. A better example would be the first one.

the problem isn't that the avengers kill people, the problem is that the avengers kill more people than the supposed bad guys in the big villain movie.

Because that could easily be him manifesting an avatar based on his OWN perception and desires. His powers could be psychic. The assumption that he's possessed by an Aztec death god when that's almost his exact back story...? There's no shame in saying you looked up a DC Z Lister.

>they didn't work for Waller
Yes they did.

>so will a batarang, but movie follow their own logic and at no point is it stated that the man died.
Well by DCEU logic a batarang will likely kill as well

> the problem is that the avengers kill more people than the supposed bad guys in the big villain movie.
Its only really a problem if you're autistic enough to let it be a problem

> He saw a bad face
See >not sure what you said, but will still argue.
Killing your own subordinates like that isn't a matter of realism versus comic books.
Its a matter of a well written character and a hammy supervillain.
Waller isn't a Supervillain.

>Waller isn't a Supervillain.
so you really are just retarded then?

>Villains who never act Villainous
>Explain why
>Hurt durr that's autism!!!!
Yeah, OK.
Not even him, but that's not an argument.

>Think metaphorically. The war between fans of DC Comics and Marvel Comics is almost as vicious as that between Republicans and Democrats. The current controversy over Suicide Squad — Marvel kids are going on the Internet to attack any proposed DC narrative, with the intention of dooming its box-office prospects — makes a useful analogy to the fracas in our political arena. It looks as if the two sides will never get together. Both parties need to see what they have in common, and to work to understand the precariousness of our shared history and future, instead of turning difference of opinion, style, and “tone” into hostility. Suicide Squad (aptly named, considering America’s current self-destructive divisions) takes that battle further by dramatizing — fantasizing — the unification that even the president has given up on.

>U.S. intelligence officer Amanda Waller (Viola Davis) realizes the world faces an “insuperable” threat. Ordinary law-enforcement and military forces won’t do; Waller needs soldiers who are crazily efficient at chaos, malevolence, and fearlessness. So she coerces a group of convicts — supervillains — to fight for mankind. Picking from “the worst of the worst,” Waller enlists sniper Deadshot (Will Smith), psychotic psychiatrist Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie), thief Boomerang (Jai Courtney), mutant Killer Croc (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje), and flame-throwing gangbanger Diablo (Jay Hernandez). This ethnically diverse crew represents the ultimate adolescent fantasy of rebellion — bad guys who are good at heart.

>Yes they did.

You weren't paying attention.

>Because that could easily be him manifesting an avatar based on his OWN perception and desires. His powers could be psychic. The assumption that he's possessed by an Aztec death god when that's almost his exact back story...?

I didn't say he was possessed, I said I assumed he had some connection to Aztec sorcery because that what it looked like. Occam's Razor. I'm not going to come up with some over-convoluted explanation involving psychic powers and him projecting his own desires or whatever the fuck. You show me an Aztec face, and I assume he's a fucking Aztec. Pretty simple.

I didn't look up anything, but if you want to continue insisting I did that's fine. I don't care. I'm not trying to win some internet argument with your retarded ass, I just answered your question because I thought you were genuinely asking.

>The evil gubmint lady am a supervillain
And if that's what you took from the film, it only shows what a profound misstep the film made.

>Suicide Squad (its members risk death on an unpromising mission) can be feared, admired, and rooted for — but only in juvenile terms. Those are the terms that rule contemporary Hollywood, just as they define the schoolyard bullying of contemporary political discourse. A lack of moral precept distinguishes Suicide Squad from previous depictions of patriotism and heroism. These comic-book characters emphasize snarky egotism (“political prisoner” Smith and “jail-bait” Robbie show the most swagger and sass).

>But the Marvel kids aren’t railing against DC because Suicide Squad gets the genre wrong; they object to the opposition’s very existence — and to its ideology.

>Yes, even comic-book franchises promote ideology. This may come as a shock to consumers still stuck on the idea that Hollywood wants to entertain more than indoctrinate. Even normally sophisticated folks who are unschooled in recognizing hegemony or realizing how the culture system functions today prove susceptible to the lure of apparently innocuous entertainment. They hold onto adolescent consumerist gullibility, and this is the ideology that Suicide Squad’s producer, Zack Snyder, is up against.

>Its only really a problem if you're autistic enough to let it be a problem

No, that's retarded. A movie featuring villians should feature characters who do more than pay lip-service to the fact that they are bad guys. They should have been truly dark characters to draw a distinction between them and the heroes. The movie failed at this.

That's not autism, it's basic narrative sense.

>Snyder, who directed the reboots Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman, confounds comic-book fans with his voluptuous, dramatic visual style, which is so unlike Marvel’s trashy, violent sarcasm. He’s a fantasist, but he’s also a moralist, and this comes through in Suicide Squad, produced by Snyder but directed by David Ayer. Ayer’s social sensibility (seen in Brad Pitt’s World War II movie, Fury, and in End of Watch, a rare cop movie with a credible sense of ethnic camaraderie) is compatible with Snyder’s. They both approach a childish genre like adults — and that’s what annoys the Marvel kids, whose bad rap on Suicide Squad has already gone viral.

>If DC is the conservative comic-book universe to Marvel’s pseudo-progressivism, it couldn’t be more unpopular among kids who enjoyed the ludicrous platitudes of Avengers: Age of Ultron. And DC couldn’t have a better leader than Snyder, who even gives supervillains a human scale. (“Getting people to go against their own best interests is what I do for a living,” boasts the devious Waller.) They all struggle with the ambivalence of people who suffer life’s unfairness: Deadshot follows his young daughter’s entreaties; Harley’s love for the reprobate Joker (Jared Leto) makes her a manic-depressive tease; and Joel Kinnaman’s Rick Flag is pressured into the Squad to save his demon-possessed lover, June Moone (Cara Delevingne).

waller has always been a villain you stupid fuck

>dumbass said they never kill
>Explain that they do
>"Yeah well they dont kill as many people as the avengers so it doesn't count"

yeah sure thing buddy

Waller is a supervillian though, she almost always does something horrible and have the Suicide Squad turn on her. It happens so often it was a running joke in the new 52.

And you didn't read the novelization. They worked for Waller.

>Aztec Sorcery
Again, if you want to insist you chanced upon his back story without looking it up, that's fine. I'll continue to think you're being dishonest.

>These comic-book characters are interesting in ways that abandon the nihilism Christopher Nolan brought to the previous Batman franchise, which merely continued Tarantino’s jokey, sadistic film noir. Snyder and Ayer are temperamentally opposed to such agnosticism and so find themselves competing against the most popular (commercial) aspects of the superhero genre. Yet they’re also more skilled filmmakers. Each Squad member’s backstory is introduced with a pop-song signature (Kanye West’s volatile “Black Skinhead” makes Deadshot’s the most powerful). This recalls Snyder’s surreal Sucker Punch, a memorable quasi-musical that should have gone all the way into epic karaoke. He also inserts the Smiley Face motif from his Watchmen film as a comment on comic anarchy (the perversion of noir). Plus, when June Moone is transformed into the Enchantress and turns her brother into a superfiend, it resembles the sibling tragedy in Snyder’s superb production 300: Rise of an Empire.

>Snyder and Ayer are like presidential and vice-presidential candidates attempting to synthesize popular sentiment with their own feeling for aesthetic reform. Their message seems deliberately misunderstood by those who favor conventional Hollywood formula. Surely, it’s a joke to complain that one superhero sci-fi fantasy plot makes less sense than another. (Or that Leto’s wily Joker is not as repugnant as Heath Ledger’s. Blessedly, the Joker has less screen time, less validation.) Like a public accustomed to political pandering, the Comic Con fans who relish the ridiculous mix of humor and chaotic violence in Guardians of the Galaxy and Deadpool don’t realize when they’re being condescended to or cheated.

>"Yeah well they dont kill as many people as the avengers so it doesn't count"

That's not what I said, and also most of your examples of them killing didn't actually happen.

>It is apparent from the newly released “Ultimate Edition” Blu-Ray of Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice that Snyder is constructing a large-scale morally serious epic that portrays modern man’s ethical struggle, giving comic-book characters the spiritual breadth of classical characters. Ayer acknowledges this when the Squad, facing supernatural evil, gets gung-ho and promises, “We’re gonna be a chapter in the Bible! Everybody will know what we do!” Snyder and Ayer pursue an interest in redemption and sacrifice using the comic-book and blockbuster genres that have replaced the universality of the Bible and classical texts. More is at stake in Suicide Squad than comic-book fun.

>Think metaphorically again, and see that Suicide Squad entangles post-Vietnam and post-9/11 notions about heroism and citizenship. Deadshot does the right, patriotic thing, yet compliments Waller, his treacherous superior, saying, “That’s gangsta!” This use of hip-hop cynicism speaks more directly to modern confused ethics than most lines from other movies and most politicians. Suicide Squad is The Dirty Dozen for millennial viewers (and voters), who think their patriotic moral conflict is new.

>waller is a villain
No, she isn't. How are comics too complex for you? She's morally dubious, but everything she does she's doing on behalf of her country.
Killing subordinates doesn't serve that archetype.
Its a shitty writer trying to make her look bad by using an awful and hammy contrivance.

>Killer croc literally eats a guy

Nah, totally failed at showing them as bad people

You didn't actually counter anything I said, so I guess the conversation is over then. That's fine with me.

This. I only started reading the 2011 reboot of Suicide Squad (with Deadshot, Harley, Diablo, King Shark, etc.), so to me that's the only version of Amanda Waller I'm familiar with.

It's also why I was initially so excited for the movie, because I actually recognized all these characters like Diablo and Deadshot, and even Katana from the Birds of Prey book.

yes they did, you're simply retarded.

yes she fucking is, only time she was shown as "morally Dubious" was in the ostrander run, which ended close to 30 years ago

>You didn't actually counter anything I said
Except the part where I literally explained you were wrong about the government employees working for Waller.
But OK, whatever your ego wants.

I'm so fucking confused. Is he talking about the same movie we all saw?

>The movie failed at this.
>shows Smith murder a dude for money
>boomerang murders his partner in a bank robbery
>croc eats a dude
>joker doing joker stuff with quinn
>el diablo is a mass murderer including killing his wife and chillun
>IT WASN'T EXPLICIT ENOUGH

You're the same type of mongoloid who complains that the people in MoS/BvS lacked motivation even when they fucking address it to the screen

He thinks DATS GANGSTA is deep, what do you think.

I'm really baffled that you can't understand moral ambiguity in comic books and assume everything must be hero or villain.
I imagine there must be a lot you miss in them if you can't grasp nuance.

>No, she isn't. How are comics too complex for you? She's morally dubious, but everything she does she's doing on behalf of her country.

Okay, now explain how she isn't a villain.

Because "doing things for your country" isn't what separates good people from bad.

>Killing subordinates doesn't serve that archetype.

Why not? First of all, they weren't "subordinates". They were FBI agents with no connection or knowledge of the Suicide Squad. If they lived, they could potentially leak the fact that the government funds and operates the Suicide Squad, which flies in the face or the entire purpose of an expendable group of mercenaries that can be easily disavowed.

It was perfectly congruous with how she is normally written, and made perfect sense within the story. And this is coming from someone who absolutely hated the scene and this movie in general.

I mean, the movie was catered to people ranging from 13-16 years old.

What did you expect?

>Nah, totally failed at showing them as bad people

Yeah, you're right. It did. Now shut the fuck up.

>First of all, they weren't "subordinates".
Yes they were, read the novelization.

>I can't into moral ambiguity
OK then, your problem I guess.

I can't see how you can defend the scene by lying amd bending facts to suit and yet claim to hate it. Mind you I feel you aren't being wholly honest.

>Except the part where I literally explained you were wrong about the government employees working for Waller.

You saying that doesn't make it true though. You clearly were too busy sucking dick to understand what was happening in the movie.

I mentioned Will Smith.
Boomerang didn't murder anyone.
Joker isn't a member of the Suicide Squad.
El Diablo lost control of his powers, that's not the same as intentionally killing someone. If my gun accidentally backfires at hits my hunting partner, that doesn't make me a villain or a bad guy.

So yeah, it wasn't explicit enough. And that's a major problem with the movie. Fuck off.

you haven't read much have you. She's outright executing people in 52

nah, you're retarded, in fact this dude put it pretty well

>You saying that doesn't make it true though. You clearly were too busy sucking dick to understand what was happening in the movie.
Did I stammer or mistype?
This is the thirds time now I told you it was explained in the novelization.
Calm down lad.

>yes they did, you're simply retarded.

Coming from you, that is pretty meaningless.

>Yes they were, read the novelization.

Don't need to, I saw the movie in which their roles in the government were explicitly stated.

>OK then, your problem I guess.

Not an argument. I guess you can't come up with a counter to my points, so I'm taking that as a victory.

Executing those she perceives as guilty is not the same as arbitrarily killing staff members.
We both know that.

That's a lie, I just downloaded an ebook copy and scanned the chapter featuring Waller. At no point does it say they work for her.

I have no idea why you would go through all this trouble to lie, but I regret the hard-drive space I wasn't downloading this.

>victory
Sad.
Read the novelization and work on that perception of nuance, OK?
My last (You)

He didn't put it well, half of his examples aren't true. And that's why the movie sucks.

I think you overestimate your ability to speed read.

I already read it, and everything you said about Waller was a lie.

>My last (You)

Good, I win. Next time don't talk about a movie (and book) you clearly haven't watched.

holy shit you're autistic as fuck

Ok so for all your moral ambiguity rambleing, if you actually read the comic you would know she stopped doing anything that could be considered so after the darkseid arc

I used the search feature, I didn't speed read.

> I win
God you sound pathetic.
He may be wrong about this movie for children, but god damn.

hey could you give me a link to that

everything he said is in the film
>To dumb for a cape film

That second guy isn't me. In fact, I'm actually arguing with that guy.

Idiot.

>if you actually read the comic you would know she stopped doing anything that could be considered so after the darkseid arc

Have you ever actually had sex with another human being?

Maybe you should read then?

>He may be wrong

Pretending to be someone else? holy shit

lol

>everything he said is in the film

No it isn't. He implies someone gett

>hasn't seen this butchered movie due to editing

Lol nice bait, faggot. Have another (You)

I read the portion that was relevant to the discussion. At no point does it say that those men and women worked for Waller.

Yeah, because only one guy in this thread thinks you're acting like a faggot. Keep telling yourself that.

>I read the portion that was relevant
Without knowing the proper context...?
That's the problem with millenials.
They look for a fact to support their argument, without actually trying to learn. What a waste.

You're a fucking retard.
The ones who thought Joker was gonna make the movie shit were Marvelfans and people who dont even watch comic movies.

The ones who actually want the extended cut for more Joker are the fans cuz we know how much of Leto's role was cut from the film.

>I didn't read it
>I searched
>I read it
Who's the liar again...?

>t-this is my last (you)
>but i'm going to keep autistically posting anyway

Sad.

But Leto was shit.
More shit won't make it better.
It will just make a bigger pile of shit.

You're the liar, since I never said I didn't read it. I said I didn't speed read it.

Don't try to out fox a hound-dog, son.

Again, assuming only one person in the world could see you acting like a faggot. I can't fathom that level of egotism.

>not a Zachary Edward "Zack" Snyder film
>expecting kino
You brought this on yourself m8

Okay, your not a fan of the movie. I genuinely want to see more of his performance.

>Implying its the same person

>Semantics
OK.

How long is the roleplaying going to last buddy?

Why?
He was one of the worst things about it.

>words have different meanings and you can't just use the interchangeably like a gibbering retard
OK.

>t. college film student

Someone will post an image proving no samefag.
You will accuse them of using two devices.

Not to mention poor Slipper. He was Boomer's victim as much as he was Flag's.

Never forget.

>My last (You)

lol

>Speed Reading isn't Reading

The editing was it's biggest flaw, mainly because WB brought in the same group who did the first release trailer to finish actually editing it, which is why we got the super out of place intro title cards for each character, the really expensive and cheesy soundtrack, and other flubs. Plus, for a company that really wants the Joker back in their stable of characters to use, Leto had practically zero screen time due to the editing room butchering, which made everything feel way too goddamn fast.

Otherwise, though, it wasn't bad. Will killed it as Deadshot, there were plenty of small, lighthearted moments to keep the whole from feeling too heavy which works for antihero capeshitting, and all around good. Not great but good.

Yeah, the ending was goofy, but again, that's because Leto's screen time was nil, and it would have felt less out-of-place if WB developed Harley and Joker's relationship more outside of "he raped me in the crazy house, and I kinda liked it, then he dropped me in a vat of tang, and then I was crazy too."

I thought Leto's Joker was different and interesting yet we hardly see him in the theatrical. We all know his screen time was cut and we're getting that motorcycle scene where Joker explains himself to Harley. It's a scene I'm eager to see and how Leto pulls it off.

That is credited as Waller's kill, in my book. Like I said, she's the only real "bad guy" in the movie.

yeah, got a good relationship going thanks, good to see you project your own insecurities though.

Again, if you read what you claim to you would know you were wrong

>Only one person could ever see me as stupid
>Its always one guy
Take your meds.

All cars are vehicles, but not all vehicles are cars.

Ah, the old "you only ate a half hour of shit, how can you tell it was shit" excuse.

I've read ever single issue of Suicide Squad dating back to the 1950s, and am considered a foremost expert in the franchise.

Amanda Waller has been a villain throughout. Why don't you go read a few issues and come back to me when you know what you're talking about.

>Speed Reading isn't Reading
>Because a Plane isn't a Car
You sound high dude.

>MY
>LAST
>(YOU)

dude what? who are you even arguing with i was saying she was a villain.

I also read just about everything dating back to the original so im thinking we have gotten confused somewhere

Wow. Just wow.
The level of mental gymnastics.
How does it feel to only ever have one critic?

I shouldn't have to explain this very simply logic to you, but all reading isn't speed reading. I never said I didn't read the chapter, I just said I didn't speed read it.

Look, I've clearly outwitted you.

Excuse? I fucking liked his performance and want to see more. Luckily the Extended Cut will give me that. I don't know what you're on.

>Dat backpeddling uphill

>Speed Reading
>Isn't Reading
I can't get over this dude.
And what are you talking about?

Agreed.

Also, despite all the memes, I liked Jared leto.

Oh god, the autism.
Don't embarrass yourself.

No, seriously i have no clue what you're talking about now, i've been saying Wallers been a villain this entire thread. Are you autistic?

No accounting for taste I guess.

I'm just saying, I'm clearly smarter and more sexually virile than you.

cause you think speed reading isn't reading...?
OK.

That's a different guy, I'm pretty much just embracing the trolling at this point. Shouldn't have gotten dragged into an argument about this children's movie in the first place.

It's like your playing catch up.
You're a mental midget, and your arms are too short to box with god.

Goddamnit, I just wanted to see Boomer kick ass once, and they couldn't even give me that.

This is the movie out of any of the other DCEU movies so far that had every reason to be good, yet somehow it wasn't.

What the fuck happened? Why the fuck did they go with a generic 'save the world' plot instead of it being a political thriller? What the fuck?

I guess I am playing catch up. Clearly you were debating something, but I'm just confused by this concept of speed reading not being reading. But OK "god" you redefine words however you like.

Pile of crap just like all cape and comic shit films. More fool on you imbeciles who actually pay to watch this stuff. You are the problem.

Yeah, in the comics he's pretty ruthless. He's a vicious murderer and actually really skilled with his boomerang.

In this film he doesn't spill a single drop of blood and kills no one. Very uncharacteristic. And he only throws his boomerang TWICE

Is this real...?

You're still trying to catch up, but you haven't realized I've lapped you twice. Now I'm sitting on the bleachers, and you're still looking for the finish line. It's a wrap, homie. You lost.

Finally.

Well done...?

I've seen some autism in my time.

Not really, defeating you in a battle of wits was no challenge.

How you chalk that one up to Waller? Boomer talked him into it and Flag detonated the bomb.

I'm literally just confused by this idea you have that speed reading isn't reading. I don't know or care about the rest of your argument.

>152 posts
>32 ip's

Jesus Christ you're right, fuck this shit im out

You seem exceptionally butthurt.

Waller planted the bomb in the first place and gave Flagg his orders.

Also, Boomerang wasn't tricking him. He was legitimately trying to escape alongside Slipknot. He just got beat back by the guards.

kills his partner and a bunch of enchantress men

I'll explain it like this:you're a small fish in a small pond.
And I'm the fucking boat.

If you can't parse my meaning, then it's no wonder you think this movie is "deep".

>Knock out is kill
>Ash Zombies are people

Nah, Boomer baited him into the attempt just to see if the bombs were a ruse, just like in the comics.

And you seem exceptionally unable to stop replying and giving me my (You)s.

Who said the movie was deep?
What's with the strawman Boaty McBoatface?

Torrented it and watched it. Tried to be a little too much like GotG, I think. The "humour," the songs, etc. I feel like a lot of that was added in post GotG's success.

I am neutral to superhero movies so we I feel that I am quite unbiased here since I don't have a particular feeling for Marvel or DC.

List the scene where it's said that he killed that guy. List a character mentioning it. When it listed his crimes, did it mention murder?

Enchantress' men were PG13 automatons. They were basically Last of Us Zombies. He doesn't kill anyone.

I'm a big fish and I'm crashing this pond with no survivors!

And who do you think I am?

No, that's what happened in the comics. In the actual movie, you see Boomerang attempt to escape alongside him and literally get beaten back by the guards Waller sent with them.

>No she didn't, this movie must be too deep for you

And don't try to claim this wasn't you.

a boomerang to the head will kill a guy dude and it was never explicitly stated they wernt still living.

>Boomerang wasn't tricking him
yeah he was

Link?
Because I don't recall saying that.

MY

Would have been better if Harley had tits and some ass.

>yeah he was

I'm not getting into this again, if you're not going to defend your statements I'm happy to cede.

LOL you just deleted it, holy shit pathetic

>a boomerang to the head will kill a guy
Nope.
> and it was never explicitly stated they wernt still living.
Do you need it explicitly stated that monsters aren't people?
Are you retarded?

Yes yes, last you.
Someone buttflustered you and now everyone is them.

>a boomerang to the head will kill a guy dude and it was never explicitly stated they wernt still living.

You can't have it both ways.

It was explicitly stated that the guy was dead, and becoming a black tar magic zombie will kill a guy dude.

So pick one. Either we're using common sense, or we're only taking the movie at face value and accepting what were explicitly told.

Are you OK?
Because I haven't deleted anything. If I had, you might have a link to a post with a broken link.

LAST

>a boomerang to the head will kill a guy dude and it was never explicitly stated they wernt still living.

You can't have it both ways.

It wasn't explicitly stated that the guy was dead, and becoming a black tar magic zombie will kill a guy dude.

So pick one. Either we're using common sense, or we're only taking the movie at face value and accepting what were explicitly told.

Do Last of Us Zombies retain enough intelligence to follow instructions and use weaponry?

The archive has been down for two weeks and you know that. I can't believe you're backpedaling this hard.

Why are you samefagging?

All I saw him do was punch a dude and play rope-a-dope up against a wall while never taking his eyes off the Slipper. His intentions seemed pretty clear to me. He might have hoped the bombs were a fake-out, but testing it with the Slipper was his only way to know for sure.

You're presenting a fallacy by implying that it takes intelligence or free will to follow instructions and use weaponry, when it could easily just be part of the Enchantress' magic controlling them.

Why would you need an archive for the thread we're currently in...?
Seeing broken links doesn't need an archive.

I'm not samefagging, I replaced "was" with "wasn't", but can't delete it because of a browser exploit.

Being deep and being too deep are two different things. If you're a non-swimming manlet, a 6-foot pool is too deep for you.

That's implying a level of foresight and intelligence that Boomerang didn't have. He assumed the bombs were fake from the beginning, and saw being released from the prison as his only opportunity to escape. He was completely earnest in his attempt.

So?
You really think people care about your typo that much? What am I saying, you've been spamming the whole thread with your persecution complex.

>You really think people care about your typo that much?

Some of us have a little thing called R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Are you 15? We already had that with Spawn and The Crow.

How does spamming the thread equal respect?

Confusing Hot Topic aesthetics with 90's grimdark and goth respectfully.

Completelly different.

sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me

If magic created them, and it did, maybe magic could have changed them back, too. No one in either the military detail or the Squad cared to even try to find out. That may not make taking the drones out an outright act of killing, but it does imply a healthy dose of ambivalence about loss of life.

>Hot Topic and Goth are like totally different...
>Per se

True.

You having a stroke?

They were already dead.

If you successfully robbed every bank in Australia at least once, you've got some intelligence and foresight.

>If magic created them, and it did, maybe magic could have changed them back, too. No one in either the military detail or the Squad cared to even try to find out.

Sure, and that's the problem. If the military had balked at killing the zombies, you might have a point. Then you could have the Squad slink in and kill them anyway, therefore giving a narrative reason why you would need these "bad guys" on the job in the first place.

>That may not make taking the drones out an outright act of killing, but it does imply a healthy dose of ambivalence about loss of life.

All that it implies is that Warner Bros. was too chickenshit to make an R-rated movie.

Serious question: why did everyone look like they came out of some nigger rapper's music video with all the retarded jewelry and shit? They seriously looked like a less ape-like Jay Z or that bitch that sings about buying handbags that other women can't afford so she looks down on them for not carrying their stuff as fashionably as her.

Exactly.

yeah, a DEATHstroke

it's literally the only movie I've ever seen where I noticed how bad the editing was.

I'm honestly curious.
What are you diagnosed with?

>the people in MoS/BvS lacked motivation even when they fucking address it to the screen

Superman is more motivated to find and stop a vigilante from another city than he is to clear his own name of mass murder and violent intent. He basically has no motivation, he simply behaves as the script dictates.

Can't wait for JL where he'll be quippy and mugging with other characters after two movies of being a completely humorless prick.

>Sure, and that's the problem. If the military had balked at killing the zombies, you might have a point. Then you could have the Squad slink in and kill them anyway, therefore giving a narrative reason why you would need these "bad guys" on the job in the first place

The military was told to avoid engaging them at all, mainly because they're way harder to put down than people. The "bad guys" were there to serve as either a solution or as patsies if they failed to take down the Enchantress and her brother.

Ultimately, it was always about Waller using the Squad to rescue herself and cover up her own fuckup.

His Death will give him a more jolly outlook, even as the world literally keeps calling him Jesus.
Because that's not a tired motif by now.

>start 10 seconds of dadrock
>cut to next scene
repeat 40 times

>The military was told to avoid engaging them at all costs
Line of fire with assault rifles against wave after wave sure wasn't engaging them...

>The military was told to avoid engaging them at all

When? Was this before or after they were shooting at them? Were they disobeying orders? Did you make this up?

Superman thought he had one way of clearing his name - by continuing to be a hero and ignoring the accusations in the sensationalist press and Lex's smear campaign. He thought he could let his actions alone speak for him. He was wrong.

Yeah, that happened when the drones spotted them and attacked. They were looking for a stealthier route when that happened.

Honestly as long as they give him a personality beyond "arrogant instigator", it will be an improvement.

I've been saying it since MoS but Snyder's Superman movies feel like they were made by someone who legitimately hates the character. They go out of their way to make him unlikable.

I personally think that Clark's still trying to figure out how to make Superman a distinct separate persona from himself. Clark's a quiet, retiring sort of guy. Superman can't be that.

A lot of times, Superman's public dialogue even comes off as sounding more like a guy saying what he thinks a comic book hero would say. In essence, it's a lot like watching Clark Kent cosplay as Superman. Occasionally, we see him interact with people he's comfortable with like Lois and his mom, or even some of the military he's had dealings with, and his tone and demeanor are perfectly what you expect out of Supes, Then you have instances of him saying things that are closer to what you'd expect to hear the Batman saying ("The Bat is dead. Bury it, etc.), almost like he's trying on different voices for his outward hero persona.

Then we have the Flash's cameo in Suicide Squad where the Flash seems to be doing the same thing. His one line is perfectly dorky and comic-booky, and strangely enough, he almost sounds like he's doing a spot-on impersonation of the Reeve's Superman. The fact that this was the scene that Snyder directed might indicate that there's something to all this conjecture. I don't know if this is intentional or not, but it's interesting.

I'm watching this shit right now, why exactly couldn't the army take them out when most of the Suicide Squad just use guns and bats/force anyway?

At what point am i meant to give a shit about any of them? Most of the guys there are obviously there to die.

Who let Leto do this shit on camera? Why waste film like that? I thought Ayer was supposed to be a good director.

>The fact that this was the scene that Snyder directed
What?

Yeah the Flash cameo was directed by Snyder.

collider.com/suicide-squad-zack-snyder-flash-scene/

Snyder directed that scene between the Flash and Boomer.

Neat

What's with the fucking shitty soundtrack? I understand trying to set a light tone with the "fun, exciting" music, but holy shit is it overdone.

Why didn't they just make Assault on Arkham into live action? Who read this shitty script and thought "yeah this is great, let's invest $100 mill into this"? Worse yet, why did Will Smith waste his best perfomance in quite a bit on this shit?

>why did Will Smith waste his best perfomance in quite a bit
Go watch Concussion

>why did Will Smith waste his best perfomance in quite a bit on this shit?

it was this or ID4: Resurgence

TELL DAH TROOF

>INT - langley
>*in generic middle eastern accent*
>female lesbian muslim analyst: Mam, I got motion detectors going off on the secure floors

Wow, it's so diverse. Muslims working for the CIA in 2016, what a time to be alive.

>pretending assault on arkham doesn't have even more flaws than ss
your opinion is invalid

And then the strong black woman murdered her.

Only need walking stereotypes like her for when they're necessary.

it turned me on when she got shot in the face

>harley quinn calls deadshot a "pussy"
>female using a female genital as a synonym for weakness

Isn't this sexism? Shouldn't we castrate the all the male writers for this indescrtion?

Roman Vasyanov (SS director of photography) about Suicide Squad and reshoots

>Ayer didn't want to shoot in 3D.
>Preparation took 12 weeks. They were shooting 86 days, 5 days a week.
>Ayer wanted to make a good movie from 1980s. "Rembo", "Rocky" and "Die Hard" inspired him.
>In April WB after test-sceenings decided to shoot one more scene. Roman was busy that days, so WB hired another cinematographer.
>As a result, about 5 minutes of the movie were shot not by Vasyanov. He wasn't pleased, as the movie is not 100% his work now, but he accepted it, because that's how high-budget movies are made. And no one will notice it (except Roman and professionals).

More here in Russian reelsource.ru/ru/reel-life/interview_vasyanov

Why do they go out of their way to have Flagg point out Katana's sword is magic (twice), only to completely ignore it and have it have no influence in the movie?

>chico de fuego's turn in the last fight
Where the fuck did that come from? It was absolutely retarded, it feels like there's an entire arc for him we where supposed to see to make us care that he was suddenly the emotional core of the squad. He sits down for like a second in the bar, next minute he's sacrificing himself for these assholes?

it got cut out along with most of katanas moments

>Witch is shown to be capable of pretty much anything.
>decides to create a stoppable machine and a shitty army to kill humans.

Why not just turn them all into a shitty ash army???? Better yet, why not just destroy them all with your magic shit? She could have easily read Waller's mind, teleported to all the nukes Waller is aware of, then detonated them fucks if she really wanted to destroy humanity using their own shit

Could he play the Joker?

>Witch is shown to be capable of creating a giant army
>suddenly starts asking the Squad to join her side

WHY? WHAT WILL HAVING THEM ON HER SIDE ACCOMPLISH? THEY ARE LITERALLY JUST HUMANS.

>mfw I know a lot of people who unironically enjoyed BvS, myself included.