Grand Moff Tarkin: "Not after we demonstrate the power of this battle station. In a way...

>Grand Moff Tarkin: "Not after we demonstrate the power of this battle station. In a way, you have determined the choice of the planet that is to be destroyed first. Since you are reluctant to provide us with the location of the Rebel base, I have chosen to test this station's destructive power on your home planet of Alderaan."

If The Death Star gets to shoot its laser in Rogue One, im gonna stand up and leave.

It will.

You'll leave amongst the braying and applause from all the mindless reddit scum surrounding you.

"you may fire when ready"

they will destroy it in rogue one, the IV one was actually the second death star ever built

i would begin masturbating furiously in the theater while screaming "fuck me annie!!"

>Death Star charging up to fire at a planet
>stops just before the main beam fires out
>cut to one of the rogue one people at the switch
>character dies stopping the Death Star
>add in some emotional scene to deter from the fact that a planet destroying beam was stopped seconds before firing would probably not be possible
>Cred Forums argues about it until Episode VIII comes out

Also lifeless womyn will beat the shit out of vader and he will have to rebuilt again. The emperor is going to also receive a severe beating and will have to be put under intensive care.

Girl protagonist will leave the galaxy because she has sensed a far bigger menace on the other side of the universe

While having to choose between two equally bland love interests

The super laser will be tested on the desert/Jedi planet at half power.

Tarkin is the villain in Rogue One, right?

>implying that the use of the laser in IV wasn't the first use of the laser ever.

It was a public demonstration dipshit. If the laser fires in R1, it's an initial test. The whole point of destroying Alderaan was to terrorize the rest of the galaxy into submission, not to test the weapon.

Kill yourself ignorant disney cuck

>The Prequels fuck up various plot devices of the OT
>Disney straight up murders the character's actions, the journey and the entire plot of the OT

Can't have a Star Wars movie if there's not a GIANT LAZOR blowin something up.

What are you dumb or something? Also the big LAZOR has to be blowed up.

That's what Star Wars fans like. We should know they've bought the same fucking story every single time.

they would obviously have shot it like fifty times in testing

do you imagine people build tanks without testing if the cannon works

>If The Death Star gets to shoot its laser in Rogue One, im gonna stand up and leave.
Didn't Death Star destroyed planet where it was build?

Why can't we have nice, smart sci-fi that's about nuanced characters and the problems of foreign cultures and species encountering one another?
Oh right. This isn't Star Trek.

Why? It's possible that they shot the laser before as a test. They were demonstrating the power to themselves, they were demonstrating it to the galaxy. That's why they chose to blow up Alderaan despite leia revealing the rebel base location.

The one that is seen in the trailers is Orson Krennic

Geonosis is still in one piece well after the Death Star was mobile and moved away from it. The Geonosians on the planet, on the other hand, are not.

Well user, the trailers already tell us that it's going to happen. Newest trailer shows a huge explosion on Jedha (the desert planet), and one of the characters in another trailer says "They destroyed our home!" Home being the village on Jedha that gets hit by the test laser, to prove the laser actually works.

>he actually thought Leia's home planet was Alderaan
>not Naboo or Tatooine

Tatooine???

Leia was never in Tatooine

>foreign cultures and species

Literally every alien in star trek is a monolithic society defined by a single trait. They could all be different human factions and it wouldn't make a single difference.

If you want to go with that, her home "planet" is the med center on Polis Massa where she was born. She never lived on Naboo or Tatooine a day in her life.

She's there for the start of ROTJ, and would have been there for the start of ANH if Vader hadn't captured her.

>Fire laser in Rogue One
>Huge explosion, but doesn't destroy the entire planet
>"First test is a succes, final test planned for Alderaan"
That's how it will happen

>would have been there for the start of ANH if Vader hadn't captured her

No. Kenobi was a last resort plan. If Vader hadn't captured her, she'd never set foot on Tatooine.

Do you think Hiroshima was the first time they ever detonated the atom bomb?

>If The Death Star gets to shoot its laser in Rogue One, im gonna stand up and leave.

i'm already not going

its literally diversity part 9

I wish Star Wars had a smaller scale for their new movies. No wold ending machine to blow up, just maybe a small squad of soldiers holding a town or station like Siege of Jadotville

ahhh it's true when she is with Jabba.

But she was born and raised in Alderaan.

By the way, Bail Organa appears in this movie. I just saw him in the cast.

>... And gets praised for it.

>a bloo bloo bloo not muh mary sue luke and han

I wish it had small scale on a grand scale, not staying in one place the whole movie, but visiting the whole galaxy while still not amounting to much in the grand scheme of things

Just a comfy space fantasy movie

>ahhh it's true when she is with Jabba.
It starts as a temporary visit to get Han back, then devolves into her being prisoner. That's hardly "home"

>But she was born and raised in Alderaan.
Born on Alderaan, no; raised, yes.

I could literally see this happening

YOU ARE DOOMED

And people loved it, nothing we can do about it.