What's his best film?

What's his best film?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bardo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fugue_state
youtube.com/watch?v=TZ8ar_wuHfI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

goat hairline

The honest answer is the most predictable: Mulholland Drive. Perfect distillation of his entire oeuvre and aesthetic. Pop, old hollywood, Americana, surrealism, dream logic, terror, babes...

Inland Empire

It's kino af.

The Elephant Man

Stupid question. The only thing you could possibly ask is which one do you like best.

Mulholland Drive, Inland Empire.

She wore bluuuuuuuuue....

Aguirre, der Zorn

PABST BLUE RIBBON MOTHERFUCKER

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me

Kill yourself

That's what he asked, you fucking cunt.

truth

Why don't YOU kill yourself? Too low-test?

lmao

Did anyone else receive The Secret History of Twin Peaks?

It's not supposed to be out until 10/18, but it just got delivered to me.

What recurring themes appear through his films? What kind of message does he tru and convey

I am genuinley looking for a discussion

Where did you order it from? I still haven't ordered it because I can't decide whether to get the signed edition or not

Amazon. I wonder if they accidentally delivered it early.

I have the audiobook coming to me from Audible trial, the cast reads it so i figured it's a good way to do it.

Lynch uses surrealism to explore the subjectivity of the character's minds, analyzing the dissolve between reality and dreams. Surrealism is about breaking the boundary between conscious and subconscious and creating a new reality, and he does that through juxtaposition, displacement and artificiality.
For instance, he creates this new reality by drawing on iconography and narrative modes found throughout Americana. The vision of the open road, diners, suburbs, cowboys, Hollywood, soap operas and TV come together to form an artificial view of american life. This familiar space is often twisted by the subjectivity of the characters, the mundane life is transformed into the realm of the subconscious.

Hack fraud t b h.

I've seen Lost Highway too many times, that movie just has something to it. I don't even think it is his best work yet I keep rewatching it.

lost highway

BEST: Mulholland Drive
WORST: Dune
FAVORITE: Mulholland Drive
OVERRATED: Lost Highway
UNDERRATED: Straight Story

Abdolutely nailed it

>Lost Highway

Have they found it tho?

where can i download the pdf

blue velvet

>themes

Dreams, dream logic, bardos (and reincation imo).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bardo
>The Tibetan word bardo means literally "intermediate state"—also translated as "transitional state" or "in-between state" or "liminal state".

>According to Tibetan tradition, after death and before one's next birth, when one's consciousness is not connected with a physical body, one experiences a variety of phenomena. These usually follow a particular sequence of degeneration from, just after death, the clearest experiences of reality of which one is spiritually capable, and then proceeding to terrifying hallucinations that arise from the impulses of one's previous unskillful actions. For the prepared and appropriately trained individuals the bardo offers a state of great opportunity for liberation, since transcendental insight may arise with the direct experience of reality, while for others it can become a place of danger as the karmically created hallucinations can impel one into a less than desirable rebirth.

Woah....deep...

>Woah....deep...

Much like your mom's clunge lmao

Shit man, I sure got rekt

See also fugue state.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fugue_state
>Dissociative fugue, formerly fugue state or psychogenic fugue, is a DSM-5 dissociative disorder.[1] It is a rare psychiatric disorder characterized by reversible amnesia for personal identity, including the memories, personality, and other identifying characteristics of individuality.

>Dissociative fugue usually involves unplanned travel or wandering, and is sometimes accompanied by the establishment of a new identity.

Is that the basis behind the black lodge in Twin Peaks?

>I sure got rekt

Just like your mom's clunge lmao

fans are raging because some things are not accurate with season 2. For example Pete is "A well-liked and simple fellow; Pete played checkers, not chess."

I haven't seen all of Twin Peaks. I forget where I left off. Somewhere in season one.

I strongly reccommend a rewatch

Season 2 goes a bit shit but the end is amazing

Straight Story
Blue Velvet
Mulholland Dr.

Pick one

favourite is either blue velvet or eraserhead, for some reason i could never get into his post-80s work

Best villain ever

I see the Lodges as a form of Heaven and Hell I might be wrong, but whatever.

Blue Velvet, Eraserhead or TPFWWM

Anyone who says Mulholland Drive is a homo and definitely browses Reddit.

lost highway

This one. It's also his least Lynchian film.

>lend me your Orbit
What did he mean by this?

Edward Scissorshands

no, kill YOUR self

yep MD was boring but it has a kind of skewed mystery narrative to it that normies like to "figure out" because it makes them "smart"

Did anyone understand plot of Inland Empire? Because I'm certainly didn't.

This

Mulholland Drive.
Some memesters will complain because that's his most well known and accessible, but it's also the best.

blue velvet is more well known, accessible, and is better

Nah

Lost highway is the epitome of Lynch's style Mulholland drive was just the next stepping stone.

Blue velvet is easily the most well done, but not the most original.

Eraserhead

Also, what the hell is this new captcha

youtube.com/watch?v=TZ8ar_wuHfI

best scene from best movie

>Did anyone understand plot of Inland Empire?

Nope. And that movie kind of fucked me up. But I couldn't look away.

laura dern is so based
the fact that there is japanese writing on it makes it cooler! xD

the scene with the mongol girl talking about the hole in her vaginal wall is transcendent

I kind of loved the variations of her "There was a man..." monologues.

Mulholland Drive, Lost Highway , Twin Peaks and Blue Velvet are all good answers ........ Fire walk with me too

You're helping to build a training data set for an artificial intelligence algorithm.

No, kill yourself!

It is good but, people overrate it because as you said they like to seem "smart"

My favorite is Mulholland Drive.

But Lost Highway and Blue Velvet are close.

the grandmother