Why didn't Anakin just get off the platform like fifty yards up the lava bank and then climb to the same or higher...

Why didn't Anakin just get off the platform like fifty yards up the lava bank and then climb to the same or higher ground than Obi Wan?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uiaRYQlsjy4
youtube.com/watch?v=II04E2GEJG8
youtube.com/watch?v=T9-tu-7V9jQ
youtube.com/watch?v=R9m2CeE7ycY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ani, did I tell you about the Sith Darth Maul, he had the Higher Ground and I was dangling in some shaft thingy like a little bitch, still I force jumped and sliced that bitch in twine for killing my master Qui-ckly Gon-e Liam, he was a good friend.

I've been asking this and no body have the answer.

Someone told me that Obi Wan triggered Anakin saying that he can't jump so high. And because Anakin was so arrogant he did it.

Obi Wan trolled him.

Arrogance, Hubris, even.

Because George Lucas is a hack and the prequels suck dick.

I hope this answers all your questions

Because Obi Wan has the high ground. You fucking moron.

Extreme arrogance. Anakin had been doing reckless borderline suicidal shit for years and had pretty much always survived. Only a day before the fight, he had waltzed into the Jedi temple with only 1000 soldiers and killed all of them without even getting a scratch on him. Of course he thought he could jump over Obi-Wan.

*had pretty much always survived unharmed

more like survived un-armed

Did someone find the part in the final battle where anakin discusses the future of luke with uncle owen?!

what about the time he lost his arm to dooku?

"pretty much always"

kek

is Kylo ren the weakest villain yet?

This

Which leads into a greater discussion about this moment in the film

It gets memed because we never hear about terms like 'high ground' in these films, because unless a Jedi is in training or something there is no need for them to talk about it. So the line is out of place, but that is intentional, because Obi Wan is doing this just to cloud Anakins mind with anger even further. This is probably something he taught Anakin about back when he was a padwan. It was probably one of the very first lessons of lightsaber dueling, something so fundamental that Anakin is embarrassed and enraged upon hearing

I think the real question is why they both did not burst into flames whilst they were on the platforms. They're that close to lava for fucks sake.

>rekt by a literal non-force user and a girl who's never touched a lightsaber before

Yes.

But he killed the mighty Han Solo and built a giant death planet. Even Sheev and Vader couldn't achieve this with combined forces.

We don't talk about fanfiction characters here

Anakin tried to get behind Obi with the jump. If he went to the ground he would be between Obi and a fucking lava river, which he would then easily get pushed into because Obi had the high ground. Both knew the later was a bad idea and obi believed the former to also be a bad one, Anakin on the other hand was too arrogant and thought he could outdo Obi and put his master on a bad spot (between Ani's new high ground and lava river)

not even my all powerful Stephen hawking esque Sith Lord with professor X abilities as well as talking and fighting through anyone within his control radius

Honestly the mistery of that fight is how Obi-wan managed to cut both legs and the hand with one swing.

if the jar jar Sith Lord plot happened how would you compare that trilogy to the actual one

I'm sure it would have been glorious
so glorious I can't even imagine it

>It gets memed because we never hear about terms like 'high ground' in these films, because unless a Jedi is in training or something there is no need for them to talk about it. So the line is out of place, but that is intentional, because Obi Wan is doing this just to cloud Anakins mind with anger even further. This is probably something he taught Anakin about back when he was a padwan. It was probably one of the very first lessons of lightsaber dueling, something so fundamental that Anakin is embarrassed and enraged upon hearing

It's one of those things that Lucas could have put into an earlier movie if he had actually chosen to focus on character development instead of "Now THIS is podracing".

Episode I threw off the entire rest of the prequels. It's so disconnected from them that it's almost a prequel to the prequels.

it would have made more sense if had anakin not effortlessy make an even bigger jump just two minuts before

>ywn get the scenes were Obi Wan is training young Anakin

>Obi tests Anakin with a lightsaber battle to see if his training is complete
>Anakin seems to be winning
>But Obi Wan has carefully maneuvered himself to the high ground
>Leaps over Anakin and slices through his lightsaber from behind
>'Heh, not yet kid. Not yet.

Anakin could have easily jumped farther, but he wanted to kill obiwan with his own move. Also obiwan could have just jumped himself to compensate and leave anakin vulnerable no matter what.

Why didn't he force-pull Obi-Wan down the slope. OR better yet into the lava.

>Anakin had been doing reckless borderline suicidal shit for years
Like jumping out the window of a skyscraper onto some assassin droid that may or may not have been rigged to self-destruct? Or revealing yourself in the middle of a Separatist conference surrounded by hundreds of battle droids?

Oh wait, that wasn't Anakin, that was his wise, calm and patient master.

TL;DR: the prequels are a mess.

Just imagine if Lucas had decided to actually make Episode I a part of the story instead of a way to sell toys. Something sort of along these lines:

youtube.com/watch?v=uiaRYQlsjy4

>inb4 all the Star Wars movies are made to sell toys

Yes, but you can do that and still have a decent story. Just look at the original trilogy.

Force pulling takes more energy than pushing. Obi could just counter force push

Force-cooling.

The platforms had some kind of little shield under them, you can see it during the fight. It doesn't explain why they weren't immediately roasted alive once they were standing on the "beach", though.

That's the tragedy in it all, isn't it? That kenobi was also a young, reckless jedi that was new to the master scene and that despite some fundamental differences, they were actually very similar warriors. They disagreed on politics and philosophy, and it's part of the whole "poetry" meme that kenobi's own recklessness ended up being a bad example for anakin.

Episode 6 was honestly pretty dogshit save for like 30 minutes of actual plot

>They disagreed on politics and philosophy

We never actually get to see this, though.

2 and a half good movies is still a hell of a lot better than none at all.

That's the one thing the clone wars show does a good job of: fleshing out anakin's relationship with obi-wan.

There was no time thanks to Episode 1. Lucas basically had to cram 3 movies' worth of plot into 2, and he obviously never cared that much about plot to begin with so we get practically nothing.

Because at that point it was over, Obi-Wan had the higher ground.

heh. you know I've been keeping quiet about this but I guess it's finally time to reveal little nugget of info...

in literally every single major duel the winner has some sort of "high ground." since EpIV and on. seriously go back and watch. sometimes it's very distinguishable like Ben and Annie but others it's mere centimeters like Ben and Vader. just go back and watch. it's beautiful and poetic. the lightsaber winner always stands just a little higher.

wow. my heart is beating so fast lol. feels good to finally get that off my chest

It's almost like the high ground is actually a military thing that has advantages.

My worthless opinion:
Good parts:
>Vader and Sheev on board DS II parts
>Dagobah part
>Sarlacc pit
>speeder bike chase
>Luke vs Vader vs Sheev conflict
>spess battle
>rancor trainer
>original Max Reebo band

meh parts:
>Rancor
>Jabba's palace
>Han x Leia who cares relationship
>parts of the shield generator battle without the ewoks

Shit parts:
>everything ewoks
>droids
>Nub Yub
>Jedi Rocks, and the whole Special Ed band in general
>Hayden Christensen shoehorned in
>Lando's greaseball co-pilot, whatever his name was

>>Nub Yub
>>Jedi Rocks, and the whole Special Ed band in general
>>Hayden Christensen shoehorned in

Wait, but Nub Yub and Hayden Christensen aren't in the same version. The version with Christensen has the much better song (imo, one of the only changes Lucas made that actually improved the movie)

youtube.com/watch?v=II04E2GEJG8

>tfw I never even knew Nub Yub existed until about a year ago

Replacing Nub Yub was the only good thing they did with the SE of RotJ.

>The version with Christensen has the much better song
There are versions that have the new song but still original Anakin. At least it's like that in the 1997 VHS version that I have.

It's Yub Nub and it's awesome. Captures the ewok spirit mich better, guess that's why you ewokhaters don't like it.

You are right, it would have been so much better if say when they save the world in Independence Day instead of this:
youtube.com/watch?v=T9-tu-7V9jQ
They play this
youtube.com/watch?v=R9m2CeE7ycY
Since there was one scene where they showed some ooga-booga negroes cheering. That's what literally the ewoks were, some primitives that represented like 0.0000000000001% of the inhabitants of the galaxy freed from the Empire's tyranny.

>different movie
>your argument is invalid

But it's the end of the trilogy. Nobody gives a fuck about the "ewok spirit", it's about the heroes winning and celebrating.

Because he has the high ground both physically AND morally.

It's like you don't even understand pottery.

Why did the platform thing Anakins on coincidentally stop moving at this point?

Midi-chlorians.

>Obi Wan for Clinton
>anakin for trump

The same reason Obi was able to kill Darth Maul. It wasn't ever about high ground

Interesting, interesting. Is Lucas actually a fan of Frank Herbert and read Dune. In Dune, Jessica knows that the Bene Gesserit implanted the seemingly meaningless word "uroshnor" into dangerous persons such as the Harkonnen Feyd-Rautha to control them. Upon hearing the word, the target is momentarily weakened, long enough to be defeated. Truly, Georgino Lucassi was a man of hidden genious.

he overestimated his power