Just saw 2001: A Space Oddesy with the SF symphony last night...

Just saw 2001: A Space Oddesy with the SF symphony last night. It was the second time seeing a movie with the symphony accompaniment, the first being Home Alone.

So far it has been the best experiences with viewing a film. The entire audience is respectful and quiet, the atmosphere is great, and the music is beyond amazing.

I was blown away during act 4, Jupiter and Beyond the Infinite.

Has anyone else here gone to anything like this around them and what are your experiences with it?

Pic related. Taken during intermission.

Other urls found in this thread:

amadeus-live.com/tour-dates/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Anyone?

>doing this autistic shit

this is an actual thing?

Before I respond, I respectfully request that you post proof of your claim.

>OP gets called autistic for doing something cultured
And this board thinks its better than reddit. Kek

that sounds fucking great. for 2001 especially, would definitely go to something like this. will probably never get the chance to though.

Sounds extremely fun, I love symphonies

Should have went when they were playing something more kino but I guess orchestras have to appeal to the masses nowadays to stay afloat.

Yeah, the Orchestra where I live has done Back To The Future before and I think they're doing Raiders Of The Lost Ark this year.

Yes it is. It was sold out as well. They're doing Raiders of the Lost Ark in April. Probably going to buy tickets to that too.

I was at that performance, it was a damn triumph. I think 2001 worked especially well because it's almost a cinematic symphony by itself. I was dead center on LSD, I wasn't the only one either and the symphony hall was just as impressive as the film and the music.

Can I go with you to Raiders? Would that be weird?

Im jelly. I think next time I'm going to just bite the bullet and purchase Orchestra seating. Not too bad, starting at like $215

Any chance we could all go together?

This sounds cool as fuck.

>the first being home alone

trying to avoid no single policy eh?

>implying this is not a textbook reddit tier thing to want to do

maybe you should go back

I used to be forced to go to these twice a year for school and fell asleep through each of them.
Shame I'm not forced to go now that I appreciate and enjoy the music.

45 dollars to see an old, mediocre movie with some live music accompaniment. wow. people really will pay for the dumbest shit. download the movie for free on your comoputer, then download some beethoven or mozart and play it in the background or something as you watch it. there i just saved you 45 dollars

I'll go to raiders, make some threads when it's coming up and we can coordinate to smuggle crab legs in our tuxedo pockets

1.How is it autistic ?
2.Who are you quoting ?
3.Why are you such a fucking faggot ?

want to get together and do this?

But seriously a symphony hall is the absolute gold standard for cinema viewing if you're willing to spend the money. Best acoustics, most respectful audience, powerful score. Highly recommended for anyone who has related to a "Theater experiences ITT" thread.

What are the consequences if you aren't respectful? I'm kind of interested in paying for a ticket and then talking loudly during the show

Are you retarded? Capeshit is reddit, son, this is literally the opposite. This is patrician as fuck

So how does this work, is the movie muted and its just the live music?

this is pseudointellectual reddit shit

Just live music/choir.

No it's pretty purely intellectual, Kubrick worked with Carl Sagan on producing it.

What's pseudointellectual about seeing a movie you like with a live fucking orchestra? If you can't see the honest appeal of that, you've got your pleb glands out in public.

Interesting. I guess this wouldnt be an ideal method of watching a movie for the first time.

holy shit you are retarded

Not the same guy but it seemed like a reasonable question to me

Only the score is muted, all dialogue and sound effects are live. Its pretty much the same as seeing the movie just with more visceral live music. It would totally work for a first viewing.

What other films would work well in this context? Something where the music plays big role, I say Amadeus.

Thats sounds even better.

>Carl Sagan

Like he said, Reddit as fuck.

I don't know, I go to these things with my wife so that may be weird.

it adds nothing to the movie

a live orchestra is just there to make you feel like a classy gentleman with great taste

I would pay quite a lot of money for that.

amadeus-live.com/tour-dates/

>Cultured
Literally seeing a fucking movie with an orchestra to seem "classy"....