Why can't TV shows make fun of Democrats anymore?

Why can't TV shows make fun of Democrats anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

judicialwatch.org/blog/2015/11/clinton-goes-after-laugh-factory-comedians-for-making-fun-of-her/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They can. And they do.

i don't get this

They really don't. Most shows absolutely shit on right leaning people, and then throw in a light jab to the left to keep up a facade that they treat shit equally.

Republicans are sociopaths and Democrats are ineffectual nihilists.

no that doesn't make sense, i think you're autistic
its funny because elephants are funny

the jews

Who writes the shows? There is your answer.

The TV and movie industry has a strong left-wing bias, thanks to the fact that the type of people who are attracted to art/drama tend to be left-leaning and because of the ethnic-religious group that triggers Cred Forums.

>Most shows absolutely shit on right leaning people, and then throw in a light jab to the left to keep up a facade that they treat shit equally.

This. It's fine when the West Wing or the Daily Show did it, because those were openly left-wing political shows made by outspoken leftists. But it's really annoying when regular "entertainment" shows do it. There's almost something sinister about it.

>This. It's fine when the West Wing or the Daily Show did it, because those were openly left-wing political shows made by outspoken leftists. But it's really annoying when regular "entertainment" shows do it. There's almost something sinister about it.

Mean to reply to

because they're opressed by tumblr sjw's
>also america
>right and right

Serious answer, and you won't like it. It's because in the past few decades, there's developed a serious divide between the GOP base and the Democratic base in terms of education. Statistically, now, more educated people tend to be Democrats and more educated people also tend to be involved in TV production.

It's also because the GOP has gone off the deep end in terms of its insane social policies and negative, emotional rhetoric, whole the Democratic party has largely veered into mainstream views on things.

>le Democrats are right-wing

When will this dumb maymay finally end?

So people so care about working class people is bad.

No, corporate richs fuck who are afraid of nude human body dont care about you.

I wonder how many celebrities would still call themselves leftist if they were suddenly taxed a lot higher, but that won't happen. Rich people know how to avoid taxes, just tax whatever is left of the middle class.

It's fair to say that Democrats are more economically centrist than they used to be, but they're still left wing.

>Dems care about the working class

They care more than Republicans do, that's for sure.

Seem like you never understood how trickle down economics work. Loser.

>Seem like you never understood how trickle down economics work. Loser.

They don't.

It's a smug Euro meme, caused by early 2000s Europe being largely Social Democrat governed when US was largely Republican governed. Actual democrat policies are relatively left wing, if not hardline even in European context - straight up increasing taxation, free-ish college tuition (isn't a thing outside Nordic countries and Scotland), infrastructure spending, straight up anti-Fiscal Hawk attitude (most Social Democrats need to appear to be economically incredibly strict) etc.

>he thinks trickle down economics is anything other than the greatest trick the right ever pulled

Seriously, go look at some statistics on how income inequality has increased since Reagan and then tell me about how "trickle down economics work". How anyone could be deluded into believing that making the rich richer would actually help the poor is beyond me. When rich people actually do invest their money, more often than not it benefits them more than the people they employ.

>believing what Jewish universities and liberal media tell you

Fuck Trump and fuck white people

I think using the term "educated" is disingenuous. In terms of relevant degrees, Conservatives are far more educated. However, because of a lot of meaningless social degrees becoming mainstream and that whole 80's-90's push of "everyone must go to college", we've got a huge chunk of Liberals with utterly useless degrees, no real world applicable knowledge all being used as tokens in the gross number game of "who has the most degrees?"

I think its implying the elephant can remember all the past shit the'yve done while the normal voter forgets after just a few weeks/months/years :)

Ok, you're trolling then.

I have this thing we in the trade call a "brain", so when I'm told something, I can investigate, think about, and then either refute or confirm it myself. You too, my friend, can look at historical income statistics and make your own assessment.
Automatically dismissing what you're told because it came from a "mainstream" source is incredibly lazy. Sometimes the mainstream lies, sometimes the non-mainstream lies, and there really isn't a huge correlation there. Everything should be independently verified.

>trickle down economics work

Oh, how hard can one person be cucked? I could link wealth inequality stats since Reagan, but why bother when the undeniable evidence is all around you. Can you buy a property as easily as your grandparents could? Are you, by a n y chance, giving away a significant portion of your income in rent each month? Do you think you cost your boss more money than you make for him (hint: if you did he wouldn't be employing you)? Do you FEEL like money is flowing from the wealthy into your pockets? Come off it, man.

>In terms of relevant degrees
What's "relevant" is hard to quantify. A degree in sociology can be just as useful in governance as a degree in business.

This. If you look in fields like Aviation, pilots, aircraft mechanics and engineers are overwhelming Republican. Flight attendants and controllers who require less intensive schooling are overwhelming Democrat.

There are a lot more flight attendants than airplane engineers and pilots though.

The same is true in medicine too. General surgeons, neurosurgeons, orthopedic surgeons, vascular... any specialty is heavily Republican. Except for pediatric surgery. That's Democrat. BUT, medicine shows that there are far more Democrats. How is this accomplished? They account for the majority of massage therapists, acupuncturists, midwifes (seriously), speech therapists, nutritionists, "caregivers", and really anything else that a half-blind monkey could do.

So, more degrees make Democrats more educated, right?

>it's a dumb poor people defend those that exploit them episode

>A degree in sociology can be just as useful in governance as a degree in business.

Oh yeah, the Americuck show!

Business people don't understand how society actually works beyond the actual economics, and sociologists don't understand how economics work. You need both.

>we have this junior associate with a masters in business administration
>or this young womyn with a degree in sociology
>before you pick the new VP, you should know the woman said she has Twitter AND Facebook

Because the republican is a fucking clown car right now and writers are lazy hacks.

Ask yourself who is easier to write jokes about Trump or Shillary?

>setting up a contrived scenario to make your point instead of making them two otherwise equal people, one with a masters in business and the other with a masters in sociology
Do you really believe you've proved anything or even made a coherent point?

Hillary, easy. Everyone else is doing Trump jokes, good luck not recycling material there. But the people making Hillary jokes? Kiddie gloves and with the perpetual air of fear that they'll also commit suicide by gun to the back of the head.

This is wishful thinking.
What is true is that the richer you are the more likely you are to vote republican and so here lies the correlation.

The Democrats didn't nominate the single worst candidate in American history to be their candidate

Hillary will threaten you if you make jokes about her

judicialwatch.org/blog/2015/11/clinton-goes-after-laugh-factory-comedians-for-making-fun-of-her/

As much of a point as needed to be made when you argued that a degree in sociology trumps a degree in business administration for governing.

Sociology is a bullshit degree so you can go work in HR and push bullshit initiatives like diversity in the work place or curbing micro-aggressions.

The fact that you thought they were comparable at all from a leadership standpoint made clear how much effort you were worth.

But that's not relevant to my original point about educated people in the media because people in the media don't have the sorts of degrees that seem to attract conservatives.

But to play along, the commonality between all the careers you listed is that they all produce hard, quantifiable, economically valuable results. Scientists and researchers, who don't work to produce things of economic value, tend to be Democrats.

>"I'm so superior to those dirty working class scum. I have a womens study degree and 80k debt! I am clearly more intelligent."

West wing also had a democrat house, not having a left leaning would be weird. But then again, spin city managed to pull that off.

>hillary cares about any humans beside herself
dHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>defending "soft" science
wew lad

- Democratic mantra 2016

So this is the power of the tolerant left

It's not wishful thinking, it's a fact.

Take skilled trade. Machinists, Plumbers, Welders, Fishermen, Auto Mechanics, all Republican-heavy professions.

Winemaker, Cartographer (LOL), Home Inspectors, all Democrat-leaning.

The more technically complicated or difficult a profession, the far less likely you are to find Democrats. The fact that many of them are high paying doesn't separate them, as low-paying but hard work still overwhelming shows Republican.