Why didn't the furniture guy help Homer?

Why didn't the furniture guy help Homer?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z834x4Qk_pM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It goes beyond his training as a furniture salesman.

What did he mean by this?

It goes beyond his training as a furniture salesman.

MEME THREAD! HAHAHA XD I PRETEND TO NOT UNDERSTAND SIMPLE FUCKING JOKES

Pathetic...

Cred Forums is shit, fuck this place.

He's not a furniture salesman though, he was being a dick.

Just look at the room, that looks like a Psychologists office, not a furniture store.

you've never been to a furniture store where the arrange the furniture like an actual room?

What did he mean by this?

Look at the picture then look where Homer is.

Big difference.

Deepest lore

he was roleplying as a furniture salesman so homer could figure out the answer himself

I'm sure that's how they do things in whatever backwoods state you're from, but some of us have class.

Look at the actual furniture in the OP pic, in no circumstance would it ever be set up like that in a store, regardless of how "classy" it is.

That's clearly the set up of a therapist's office

but homer fixed his problem because the furniture guy helped by not helping. therefore he did help homer

>random couch and two cupboards in the back

no

Homer wasn't talking to him.

Homer knew he was in a furniture store, he was sitting there asking himself a hypothetical question aloud as he pondered.

You can tell by the shocked looked on his face in the second panel that he had no idea that guy was even sitting there, the guy was just being a cheeky/sarcastic nosey guy.

The fact that there's no diplomas hung up on the wall could be a clue that the scene takes place in a furnature store. HOWEVER, this so-called "salesman" doesn't even have a name tag, which leads me to believe he IS in fact a psychologist, possibly gaslighting Homer. For what purpose though?

there are no circumstances in which a chair would be set up next to a chaise lounge?

youre dreaming kid. tell me where your furniture store is so i can come laugh at you

>shocked

I don't see shocked, he just has his eyes open wide

His body language is relaxed

Again, that may be how they do things in whatever backwoods state you're from, but in some places, we've got class and don't make our furniture salesmen dress like fast food employees.

Literally post ONE (1) image inside a furniture store where a chair is set up facing a chaise lounge.

Surely you can find ONE if this is sooooo common.

meant for

What I imagine is:

1. Homer enters the store and is greeted by salesman
2. Homer has a look around and lays on the chaise lounge because he's fat and lazy
3. The salesman moves the chair to face the chaise lounge and the two engage in smalltalk
3. Homer talks about his troubled marriage

1. Home enters furniture store
2. He eventually lays down on the chaise lounge as he is fat and lazy
3. While laying there, he starts thinking aloud
4. As he was lost in thought, he hadn't realized some guy pointed a chair and took a seat next to him
5. Guy makes a "hur hurr i was listening the whole time" joke to him

union regulation

There's no reason to believe that either Homer or the random man was in the right, there's no clear indication that they're in a furniture store.

Maybe if one of you emailed a writer from the show to clarify

you didnt say common, you said under no circumstances would a chair be next to a chaise lounge.

and that is BULLSHIT my ugly chum. reply to this post and i win

You're doing some gaslighting of your own if you think that's a furnature salesman. It's clearly a shrink playing a sick and twisted game on Homer. Let's not forget Nancy Cartwright is a scientologist, she probably wrote that scene herself.

Why was Homer hitting this man?

It's a thought exercise for Homer

Why is relying on this psych for answers? Because he calls himself a psych? What if he called himself a furniture salesman? What about a fireman? Aren't these all just labels at the end of the day?

why was he shooting at God?

you have this much autism that you can't fathom suspending belief for a joke in a fucking cartoon. Jesus Christ, it's people like you that are the reason the autism jokes exist here.

>every scene has to be a joke xDDD

go back to family guy

why did they call the australian prime minister andy? the pm at the time was paul keating.

that's one of my favorite Simpsons moments desu. youtube.com/watch?v=z834x4Qk_pM

did I say that you cunt? No

So Homer was mistreated? When was that established on the show?

I'm not the OP, I just genuinely don't get it.

>suspending belief
this made your post amusing

he's just a jerk.

He was a mental patient who locked up the psychologist and took his place as Homer came in, but when confronted with a legitimate emotional issue could not empathize and so was forced to fall back into his irrational mental state.

Season 4 Episode 18 "So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show", in which Bart puts Homer's beer can in a paint shaker. And before you ask, yes clip shows are canon. So don't even go there.

>He's just a jerk.

for you

That's deep

Maybe it was a furniture store that sold furniture for therapists so the display was set up like one of their offices

>"A double McSpanky with fries and a Flurp. That'll be $6.53. And $3.47 will be your change."
>"Dude, you're supposed to push the buttons with pictures of food on them."
>"Don't need to Furniture guy, I memorized the prices and did the tax and change in my head."

Furniture guy was right. Register entry is used both for inventory tracking as well as final tally for profits. Homer should have been either disciplined or fired.

The very joke is that it's unlikely

i dont get it

The joke is that the Simpsons were conned. They clearly paid money to see this attraction, which cannot physically exist. There is no point in the United States where five states share a border.

>"Oh! The hammock district!"

If Homer knew about the hammock district, why did he ask where to get a hammock?

because the light was on

Some people, like animals, are just jerks.

Someone redpill me on this joke

kek

>tfw this is the hardest i've laughed at a death scene ever

It still makes me smile

are you serious

>they clearly paid money

No they didn't

FREEZE BAG SCUM

I wish they made halloween specials genuinely scary and violent again. Now they're mostly non-horror parodies.

you're a big guy

memes too spicy for u?

>neo simpsons

He thought it was a palace but it's actually a store.