Wtf I love Ash vs Evil Dead nao

wtf I love Ash vs Evil Dead nao

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Xt7qYyJw8C4
ign.com/articles/2016/07/22/comic-con-2016-ash-vs-evil-dead-will-reference-army-of-darkness-in-season-2
youtu.be/kRNyooGpgb4
screenrant.com/ash-vs-evil-dead-army-darkness-bruce-campbell/
youtube.com/watch?v=ssAZDf-iPyM
youtube.com/watch?v=sfVqHwjvOsI
inquisitr.com/3453365/ash-vs-evil-dead-creator-sam-raimi-talks-army-of-darkness-sequel/
imdb.com/title/tt2395385/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Season 2 is significantly better than first season

Has anyone ever seen that weird movie with Sam Raimi's brother Lunatics: a Love Story, where he's like a nerd by day/homicidal maniac by night?

Episodes 2 and 3 were alone more creative and interesting than the entirety of s1.
>Ash I have something to tell y

sounds fun. is it good?

S1 was half decent and half terrible. The biggest problem was that they thought that people care about some big plot about demons while placing the characters in pretty much the same scenario over and over.
Now we have an actual character development, interesting set pieces (lel), well-directed action. It's pretty much free form gore insanity now and I love it.
Hope it doesn't go to shit now.

it was all there in s1 too.

>Pączki

>interesting set pieces
>well-directed action
I remember yawning at the redneck survivalists and the black female detective was terrible. There also was too much CGI, though that demon they've made was pretty awesome.

Where the fuck did all that pathos come from? I was legitimately not expecting that. How the hell can this show be simultaneously ironic, tongue in cheek and have serious character moments or depict demon possession as horrific as it does?

Between the shit with Ash's dad and what was going on in the Oldsmobile, I was totally blown away. Legitimately one of those very few shows that gets better with each episode.

Liking season 2 so far. Probably laughed harder during the first 3 episodes of this season than I did through the entirety of the 1st one

that fucking ending

Has Ash always been as deep and interesting as he is in this show and I just never noticed until now?

this tbqh also they upped the budget at least it looks like it

He was a cardboard character in the movies because he was supposed to be blank audience insert.

i'm watching the first season now, just finished episode 7, definitely the worst of the season so far. bad editing at some points, focus on the jew girl and the hispanic dude, inexplicable romance blossoming between ash and the cop and some shitty political humor thrown into the mix. all the side characters are ass at this point and the quality of an episode correlates directly to the amount of bruce campbell screentime there is.

Yeah, that's season one for you.

This is the natural progression of what really would happen if these kind of people were real.

well, i've really enjoyed it up until this episode, hopefully the last 3 aren't as mediocre.

I wouldn't say that. I haven't gotten to season 2 yet so I don't know exactly what's going on, but he was charismatic as hell and a bad ass, especially in Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness. I don't know if a blank audience insert is allowed to replace his recently self removed forearm with a chainsaw. Audiences aren't going to look at that and say "yeah, I can see myself in that situation"

I'm not even complaining man and I wasn't complaining before but don't tell me the way Ash changes is in somehow realistic.

no, it gets a lot better in those episodes

so did you guys catch this? his fucking dad is watching spartacus, while lucy lawless was upstairs in ash's room.

fucking blows my mind.

Can I skip past season 1 and go right to season 2? I stopped watching season 1 half way through

I want implying either.

I was just pointing out that its the natural progression of the character.

Odd how this movie series is one of the big granddaddies of the 80s horror movement and yet here we are so many years later and its now a satire of the movement.

The dashing hero type isn't all that mentally put together.

It's possible to just check what happens in the end of season 1 and continue with 2.

I wanna try this.

one tea spoon of powdered ketamine.

Me too but I guess you can just cut the crap and take the ketamine.
I haven't done ketamine though so I don't know.

They did
youtu.be/Xt7qYyJw8C4

thank you for this webm user. here's your (you)

I mean I know how it works.

Question, I wanna watch this show again but I don't want to deal with any of the side characters like the shitty detective woman. Season 2 is supposedly better so does that mean the terrible side characters who just waste time are gone and it focuses on Ash or are they still trying to push some kind of half-assed narrative?

Yeah something like that

We Christine now

I like how I'm concerned about whether the Oldsmobile will be okay.

I expect to be upset by the end of this

Yeah, that detective woman was terrible.
I like Pablo and the Jewess though.

This car shit is amazing

Fucking moron

HAPPY TRAIIIIIIIIIIIIILS TO YOUUUUUU

I don't really care for it.

Feels like some low budget red.dit crap for numales.

THAT ENDING

Perfect for this board then.

Low budget horror schlockiness is the appeal though

Watch the first and last episode of S1 and skip straight to S2.

Anyone notice they showed a brief clip from Army of Darkness in the beginning? The scene where the Oldsmobile fell from the sky.

That's from the end of Evil Dead 2. Unfortunately I think they still don't have the rights to AoD.

>cliffhanger ending
Fuck :(

Damn you're right, I forgot about that.

The killer car shit was tits

>that ending

Wasn't expecting that.

You are literally the average reddit user and you lower the quality of pretty much everything around you. Just kill yourself, your parents will eventually be happier because of it

before he just seemed like an obnoxious manchild that barely cares about anything, now they're showing how that behavior is the direct result of his life being effectively destroyed after what happen at the cabin

Season 1 has a few decent episodes watch like first three and last two episodes. Almost everything in the middle is useless filler.

S2E3 was awesome.
Also, fuck anyone who said Season 1 was bad. Yeah, the militia episode was definitely the weakest, but the whole season was great and Jill Marie Jones was great.
It's funny because Dana DeLorenzo is Italian.

I would say the weakest part of the first season was how long they spent at Pablo's uncle's ranch.

nope, they got the rights to army of darkness for season 2
ign.com/articles/2016/07/22/comic-con-2016-ash-vs-evil-dead-will-reference-army-of-darkness-in-season-2

Did Raimi direct any episodes this season?

Not this season, no.

Guess we get one Raimi per season.

This right here, show ground to a halt, thank fuck episode 6 at the diner kickstarted it.

Amanda was was ok but GOAT as a Deadite

youtu.be/kRNyooGpgb4

So I know it was a scene in Evil Dead 2, but is them showing Ash and the Delta landing in the past their way of acknowledging Army of Darkness without directly referencing it?

In my opinion, that basically confirms it's canon in respect to AvED.

>88
>Delta 88

Groovy.

nah they announced they got the rights.
Them showing that clip basically confirms Ash going back in time is definitely cannon regardless of what movie it was from

They confirmed they got the rights to AoD last SDCC

screenrant.com/ash-vs-evil-dead-army-darkness-bruce-campbell/

Bruce says otherwise.

Yep, in the 2 first movies Ash seemed like a good average guy, but the book and the cabin fucked with his head

>Article titled "Ash vs Evil Dead Star Denies Army of Darkness References"
>Bruce Campbell straight up says "We actually can reference [Army of Darkness], and we reference it in this coming season. We just don’t pull upon that universe, but this coming season Ash is able to talk about events that happened in Army of Darkness, although people are not likely to believe him, of course.”

That's Rob Tapert's quote.

The article was saying that Rob was saying this as confidently as Bruce was saying "We're not referencing it."

>ash and his dad finally reconcile
>his dad has something to say that's vital to the plot
DIES BY THE KILLER CARS HAND
Well done.

Yes, finally. Now we actually have a reason for why he's acting like AoD Ash.

Already corrected by campbell, they're not referencing it.

The gore is a million times better
No annoying black cop lady
Acual story development and filling in ash's background before all this started

And and a cameo from ted rami, S1 was good but 2 took it to another level.. it went from nitch horror fan show to probably one of the best shows on TV

I cant get over how unlikable everybody in this show is
I just dropped it
Also what the fuck was the point of that black cop chick?

>Also what the fuck was the point of that black cop chick?
Shoehorned love interest can't have a tv show without romance.

She had some big fat Ole titties. What's wrong with that?

>tfw ruby hits on amanda and kelly

mfw is the first second of that clip.

youtube.com/watch?v=ssAZDf-iPyM

I'm just hoping they don't kill of Lucy.

The best of the best waifus.

I liked it.

It ain't perfect, but I like it. I didnt mind the shit with the kid's uncle. particularly, there was some room to explore Ash's character, and the fact that he's such a fucking manchild specifically because what happened to him ruined his life.

>Jacksonville Florida is his happy place because it's where he was gonna go before the cabin trip fucked him

>the episode with the redneck militia
>they're all inbred paranoid stereotypes
>Kelly can't handle an automatic weapon
>these things are dangerous!

seriously? they couldn't fucking resist making one political episode?

This was literally coming from miles away.

If he's not in medieval England by the final episode I'd be angry

will she make a cameo?

idk, but i feel implied that the sherifs daughter will have some part in deadite chopping

f..ing raimi

The whole town is going down in the next episode?
This show needs more ketamine.

Don't be lazy. It's only 2 and half hour watch.

>can't place Ash's dad
>finally look him up
>Oh shit.
>youtube.com/watch?v=sfVqHwjvOsI

?? he is a beastie boy?

>haven't seen new ep yet
>can't enjoy reading the thread because spoilers
>already read about some shit going on with Ash's Delta 88

I'm just happy this series exists and that I get to watch it. God bless Bruce and Raimi.

I'd be more interested in seeing other Raimi alumni make cameos.
Ask James Franco. He unexpectedly shows up in a lot of shit.

Now I'm nostalgic for Beastie Boys

What's with all the season one hate? I thought it was pretty good as far as first seasons go. Season 2 has definitely stepped it up though.

Is the hot Jewess in season 2?

I've watched maybe 5 episodes of season 1 and does it get any deeper than
>New monster revealed
>Mexican guy says some Spanish stuff and acts awkward around the girl
>Find new way to kill monster
Bruce Campbell makes it great though

It just had some mediocre episodes and people are stupid so they bash the entire season.
And besides, the whole season felt way better on the second watch-through, when you marathon it.

Yes.

We gonna get this level of monster this season or did they blow their load on the delta?

The shining moment of s1

what are your favourite shows? i wanna have a good laugh.

Ash's dad noooooooooo

I think the point of her was Raimi was playing on the female lead stepping up to the plate trope you see in some TV series.
Shes the fakeout that proves no one in the evil dead series is protected by the plot, except maybe Ash.
But that's not a lot of constellation since the more he lives, the more he suffers.

(Un)holy shit, what's going on with the second season? Just finished the newest ep, how can it even get any better?
That little emotional rollercoaster at the end tho. At first I was happy for the both of them, then instantly depressed and then just laughed my ass off because of Ash's reaction.

Really brightens up the day every week.

>Evil Dead
>Deep
What?

>Odd how this movie series is one of the big granddaddies of the 80s horror movement and yet here we are so many years later and its now a satire of the movement.
Evil Dead was always a satire of the horror movement, retard.

"We're not referencing it" =/= "We can't reference it"

>evil dead will never follow the ending where Ash screws up and accidentally sent himself to the future

Eh, the problem are Pablo and Jewfu.
Ash's plot armor extends to them because they are his understudies.

Black Cop was dead the moment she started reciprocating Ash's feelings. Because Ash isn't allowed to have nice things.

>Cool, Ash is finally having a good time with his Dad, it's nice to see Brock defending Ash this time when everybody thinks he's murdering people again, wait, why are you going to the middle of the str- OH SHIT

Eligos was actually not that expensive, it's just a guy in a costume with some simple effects added in post.

I think people is happy because they recognized AoD as canon.

And it looks and feels great

>“So we wrote an Evil Dead 4 that followed both realities. We were going to be following two Bruces – one in the future and simultaneously crosscutting to Bruce here in the present,” says Raimi. “And we realized, we have really lost our mind now and we must stop.”

inquisitr.com/3453365/ash-vs-evil-dead-creator-sam-raimi-talks-army-of-darkness-sequel/

What a shame, that sounds funny.

Are the Evil Dead games canon too?

RIP THQ

I think that's the other guy, Liam on the tv though (season 2-3), not Andy (season 1)

I didn't remember that the chick that got raped by the tree was Ash's sister, I thought it was interesting Brock bringing her back on his conversation with Ash, it puts more background to the plot, I think now they'll tell something about Ash's mom, maybe she's still alive.

S2 has really amped up the violence, gore, and comedy. This is honestly the best shit on TV right now.

Your retarded if you think that

>your

That was a hot deadite, would let her bite my dick off.

What's else on right now?
The Exorcist is kinda fun.
AHS is terrible this season.
All the Fargos, The Night Ofs and other cool series this year are already over.
Don't start me on Westworld because it's a mess for now.

AvED found it's stride and it's perfect for what they're trying to do.

I love the intros this season

>Evil Dead was always a satire of the horror movement, retard.
>always
No, the first Evil Dead was supposed to be a serious horror movie but they failed so hard because of the shitty effects and acting.

But did they use up all their imagination on that one monster?

to be fair, there's never really been a lot of unique monsters in Evil Dead, mostly corrupted versions of humans.

That said, the Evil Delta is fucking awesome.

has anybody played those?

I remember playing Hail to the King on PSX. Hard as fuck IIRC.

Not actually

>Because of its large promotional campaign, the film performed above expectations at the box office.[41] It grossed a total of $2,400,000 worldwide, nearly eight times its production budget.[53] However, the initial domestic gross was described as "disappointing."[54] It opened in 15 theaters and grossed $108,000 in its opening weekend.[54] Word of mouth later spread, and the film became a "sleeper hit", making over $600,000 domestically and nearly $2,000,000 overseas.[54] In its first week of release in 1983 two years later, the film made £100,000 in the UK and quickly became that week's best-selling video release. It became the best-selling video in the country that year, out-grossing large-budget horror releases such as The Shining.[45] Its impressive European performance was chalked up to its heavy promotion there and the more open-minded nature of audiences.[54]

>Upon its release, contemporary critical opinion was largely positive.[39] Bob Martin, editor of Fangoria, reviewed the film before its formal premiere and proclaimed that it "might be the exception to the usual run of low-budget horror films".[52] The Los Angeles Times called the film an "instant classic", proclaiming it as "probably the grisliest well-made movie ever."[45][65] In a 1982 review, staff from the trade magazine Variety wrote that the film "emerges as the ne plus ultra of low-budget gore and shock effect", commenting that the "powerful" and inventive camerawork was key to creating a sense of dread.[66]

It's a classic because of how shit it is. People were laughing at it when it came out. The movie was viewed as a fucking joke but it didn't stop people from loving it.

>The Exorcist
11/10 casting on the possessed girl
My new waifu
Surprised to know there's only 5 episodes
No wonder the plot's moving too fast

There's 10 episodes. It's been confirmed by the cast on twitter.

I like both sisters. The priests are good too. The dad is an underated actor. Geena is pretty good. Even the nuns in last episode were good and I like the "exorcism with love" angle.

Did you see your waifu's tits in that movie?

>"Chapter Five: Through My Most Grievous Fault"
>"Chapter Six: Star of the Morning"

I heard it was a 10 episodes order this season and that it was already renewed for a season 2 of also 10 episodes.

imdb.com/title/tt2395385/

>10 episodes
Nice, I thought it was gonna be a mini series because it was still 5 episodes last time I checked on IMDB

No wonder she looks familiar though, she was one of the half fae/human kids who got killed too soon on Tru Blood

i dunno user, the guy on the TV had a much more triangular face, plus it was still in the arena. liam didn't take over until after the revolt iirc. i don't think i saw the last few seasons of it but he looks completely different.

>joxer telling xena he want to fuck her

I'd like to try it yeah

just guessing.... last episodes will be around the same time as the election? Will Ash go for Presidency? Against Ruby? Or against Baal?

Uh... I think it's just a marketing campaign.

DUDE SEX LMAO
DUDE DRUGS LMAO

Evil Dead didn't have to rely on these things back in the day. Now its desperately pandering to a younger crowd to get noticed.

This game is a what if ash wasn't sucked through the portal at the end of 2

They literally went to the cabin to pork

But did they? No.

They left generic sex and tits to other cheesy movies and focused on the gore and horror. Only sex that used to be was rape by a tree. That's it. And that used to be one of the most controversial fucked up moments

kill yourself cebulaku

This is American society for you - gore is fine, but tits are wrong and disgusting.

Just marketing, but Bruce did play Reagan in Fargo recently.

>Go on a vacation just to have sex
>bring your sister along

Yeah, I don't think that was a pork trip.

>it's an Ash's dad watches Spartacus episode

>it's an they've found another fine as shit black chick and put her into the episode episode

They do seem desperate to get a black woman on the show to fill some sort of quota. I'm guessing Dana DeLorenzo's character was supposed to be black, but they just couldn't find any who fit, so they had to settle on the hottest jew since Anne Frank.

hey I'm not complaining, the car chick was a qt

She's is cute, but the fact that she lived through all that brought back memories of strong black female cop. I don't want to put up with that for the rest of the season just so they can check some demographic box.

>but the fact that she lived through all that brought back memories of strong black female cop.

Amanda was fine she was no worse than Kelly who was probably way more grating in my opinion.

I'll admit she was a lot cooler as a deadite, definitely not something I thought would happen from the show's outset.

Stop whining about people's skin color and enjoy the show, there's like 20 white people to every black one so far.

You know Ash isn't allowed to be happy.

>be teenager
>go to cabin with friends and gf
>your primary goal isn't having sex

that's physically impossible.

Based Joxer

and most of the black ones are qt's anyways

Season 1 was great but so far season 2 is much better. Lots more practical effects and no annoying cop. Bravo Raimi.

Don't be lazy, marathoning Ash vs Evil Dead is really easy since most episodes are under 30 minutes long. Plus the last couple of episodes of season 1 are fantastic. Go through season 1 then watch season 2.

Anyone else like that they're finally doing more with Cheryl?

Like fuck, the only time Ash ever cared about his sister was in the original movie.

didn't even remembered he had a sister there at all. only in the new ED were siblings.. and the first victim and most useless one is the survivor..

I'm pretty sure his mother is going to be the next big plot point. So Cheryl may get mentioned again, but I don't think they're going to do more with her than that.

I was surprised she didn't get mentioned when Ash and his dad first talked, he mentioned his girlfriend and his friends, but not her and I was worried she was retconned or something.

So I'm happy she got mentioned.

I feel like I'm in the minority of people who really loved season 1. It felt more Monster of the Week, and I feel like that helped the pacing on some level because aside from some two-parter set pieces, every episode the characters were in a new place dealing with a new aspect of the threat. Even if it all took place essentially one day after the last, it felt like time was passing at a good enough rate for the developments going on.

I really like season 2 so far. The last two episodes are really good with the gore and the absurdity of it all, which I'm relieved by because the premiere was a little cartoonish for what I was expecting (at least compared to season 1). And each episode happening as close to the last without much breathing room is a slight issue, but I still like it. And I think the town works well as a set piece but we don't really have a feel for it beyond Ash's house and the bar yet, whereas each episode in season 1 did a good job of setting up where things were taking place each episode.

There's a cut scene from the first movie of them all smoking weed.
It was real weed and the footage was it usable because they all got too high

>cut scene
>cut

I think I'm growing out of horror, desu. Some of these kills are just too fucking much for me.

They're really going all out.

Superman vs Evil Dead when?

They did a marvel cross over once

>dick bitten off
>somehow able to run around for another 20 minutes.

Kept expecting him to actually be deadite and kill the other guy while hiding from the Delta.

between s1's sassy black titty cop, this episode's sassy black titty daughter of a cop, Sleep Hollow's sassy black titty cop, and luke cage's sassy black titty cop, it seems to have become a major character archetype now.

Are you still fucking talking about this?

>this episode's sassy black titty daughter of a cop

She spent the entire episode screaming and crying, you're a fucking idiot. Do you even know what sassy means?

A blooo blooo blooo

You honestly sound like you didn't exist at the time of release for any Evil Dead film.

Because I didn't.

Yeah the black girl this episode sure did have a lot of snappy comebacks to the possessed car that was terrorizing her for 99% of her screentime.

He is the Six Million Dollar Man.
They make a reference to it in the show.

What about the comics?

Have you ever met a black female in real life? They are kinda known for their sass.

His mom is dead.

Bruce and Sam make no money from them and refuse to sign them. They're connected to Army of Darkness.
They also aren't very good.

And yet they seem to enjoy them on the AoD commentary

The black girl better not become cop bitch 2.0.

>cast 6 million dollar man in your tv show only to kill him off in the third episode
>cast random young black actress and have her stay in your show for the rest of the season
They better not t b h

huh. the resemblance is actually somewhat uncanny... must be the chin

well ash likes ethnics, could be his son