The Wailing

Thoughts on this? I though it was great but there's just one thing that i didn't quite get, if the shaman was evil too why was he "killing" the demon with his ritual?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lxjp2YIk798
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I have the same doubt

Movie was great. but yeah that part got me all kinds of fucked up too

He wasn't. There was another person being hurt in that scene, if you didn't notice.

Who? The little girl? Then why was the ghost suffering and almost dying, only to revive after the ritual was interrupted?

The shaman wasn't the bad guy.

Its ok, I didn't get it either. Watch this: youtube.com/watch?v=lxjp2YIk798

This is just one interpretation to be clear. It's a bit too contrived for me. There are some things that I believe are accurate in it though.

There are several hints throughout that the Shaman was actually Japanese, just like the tengu. So him latching on to the wrong spirit, doesn't make sense.

such a good movie

It's pretty shit. Can't make up it's mind if it wants to be a horror or a comedy.

>tfw we never get to see her trap succeed

I wanted to see what would have happened

It has comedic elements, first film you've seen that blends genres?

The first half at least is pure slapstick comedy, then it tries to switch tone to a really dark horror movie, but keeps interrupting itself with silly comedy bits, only to go back to edgelord horror. If it were a proper blend it could be fine, but this shit just can't make up its mind.

it fell apart so much towards the end, for the first half it was a really simple story but then all sorts of unnecessary shit happens. and for a 2 1/2 hour movie the ending is not in the least self explanatory and it didnt care either, everything felt like a copout.

on the plus side, the production value is pretty high and it has a lot of similarities to memories of murder, which is a great film.

Most people seem to disagree, but ok, that's one opinion.

Yeah well this is Cred Forums. There's people that like John Wick and Batman v Superman.

what did you mean by this?

Her plan could've worked if she wasnt so autistic

If the shaman was evil all along why is he seen praying to buddha like a scared pussy?

He was?

Yeah, man.

I think that portion was probably the last we get to see of the Shaman himself. He's praying to Buddha when found by the deacon, but not long into the conversation the demon/Tengu takes over for good.

I'm still not sure why people call the spirit a Tengu other than the fact there's crows around, the Shaman lives on a mountain, and he's from Japan. He turns into a pretty westernized demon at the end, but maybe that's because that's what the deacon expected to see?

Why was she throwing rock's at the police?

Because only he who is without sin may cast stones

The japanese wasnt' hurt by the shaman, he was hurt because of his own spell to revive the dead guy.

Movie was pretty shit btw, good production value but the story is nonsensical.