So "Ash vs Evil Dead" just had a flashback from AoD...is it cannon?

so "Ash vs Evil Dead" just had a flashback from AoD...is it cannon?

pic related

>streaming
>360p
kek

As long as no one legally stops them.

so they dont have the rights to AoD...yet they use scenes from it. How exactly does that work?

They solved the legal issues inbetween seasons.

Why don't they have legal rights anyway? I don't get this

Universal was involved in Army of Darkness, but not the first two films. As soon as they decide to include elements of AoD they have to give Universal a cut.

That scene is from the end of evil dead 2. The beginning of AoD is slightly different.

Evil dead 2 was made by a bunch of small companies. While AoD was made by Universal.

That shot is from the end of Evil Dead 2.

Post your background

That's E2D you pleb, and he said they can use some stuff but not all.
Which is good cause AoD is shit anyway.
The first one is the best. It's one of the most unsettling movies but no, everyone likes goofy chainsaw man

I see no reason why they cannot use him in the medieval period considering it is implied that he goes there in Evil Dead 2 and we do see him there at the end of Evil Dead 2.

>Which is good cause AoD is shit anyway.
100% false. it's one of the best films made.

Very fun, entertaining and has the best monologue in the history of cinema.

Because the people who watch Ash vs. Evil Dead have seen Army of Darkness hundreds of times, and they would sperg out if it got retconned.

They should just reboot AoD in their show.
He shows up there in ED2, they can probably loophole some new universe.
And not as shit as AoD

I've seen AOD hundreds of times and I am about to freak out if they actually made it not exist in the tv show since I haven't watched the tv show yet.

>They should just reboot AoD in their show.
THIS is actually a perfect idea and wouldn't be surprised if that's where the show will be headed.

But it would prob cost the company too much money to build a medieval castle, get all the wardrobe clothing and re-create most of the stuff from AoD.

>mfw kickstarter if you wanna keep the show on the air

I haven't seen this show yet. How is the gore? Do they go CGI or do they use practicals?

It's almost always practical besides the stuff they obviously couldn't do.

Sam Raimi figured out who actually owns AoD and Starz helped them get the ownership back for Season 2.

There's a lot of bad CGI.

I don't think so, is it cheap? I haven't seen it.
But if it's popular enough there have been cheaper shows to do more ambitious things.
They can probably do it, but idk if they'd want to go through with it.

yeah they got the rights for season 2

practical effects are great and cgi is intentionally dated. looks like it came out in the 80s-90s

For people saying this is a scene from evil dead 2, yes, it is, but at least Ash going to the past is canon.

also.... WHAT THE FUCK WAS THIS EPISODE ENDING!? DAMN, I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN BUT I DIDN'T WANT IT

They film in New Zealand and a bunch of Xena people are involved.

They could probably go and ask Jackson or whatever if the LotR/Hobbit sets are still around too.

They got the rights to AoD after season 1.

it was a good twist I think. they gave it away when he said "something so vital...change your life...blah blah." but I definitely thought that wouldn't have happened until the second to last episode at least

Evil Ash in S1 was great but holy shit Evil Delta was fucking wicked, it was like Christine/The Car on crack

it was always canon
they just couldn't directly reference it until recently