Doctor Strange details and his future in the MCU

Got a status update on Doctor Strange at Marvel Studios for you.

Production on Doctor Strange went ok. But it wasn't without its problems. The film came in on time. Though slightly over budget. Derrickson and the studio got in heated arguments a few times during early development when it came to connecting the movie to the larger MCU. As well as how much of the budget was to be spent towards the VFX.

Derrickson has already written a basic outline and left notes for a sequel in case he doesnt come back. Internal date for the sequel is set for November 2019 though it could get bumped to 2020 if the box office is less than stellar.

Marvel wants Derrickson to direct the sequel but Derrickson is hesistant to sign on. After Marvels interference during early development.

A few potential names have been thrown around in case he doesnt come back. Chad Stahelski & David Leitch. Gavin O'Connor and David Yates. were some of the names mentioned.

Doctor Strange is a huge part of marvels future plans. Cumberbatch originally signed a 6 picture deal but had it extended to 9. Earlier in the year. My source said Its one of the tightest and almost evil contracts she has ever heard of. Marvel basically owns Cumberbatch for the foreseeable future. And that he may come to regret it.

Feige wants Cumberbatch to be the face of the MCU once RDJ retires after Infnity War. Originally it was supposed to be spider-man but Sony still has too much control more than marvel would like and they dont trust them not to fuck up this spider-man. So that plan was scrapped.

A large portion of the Infinity War plot revolves around Strange, time travel and him and taking up the Tony Stark mantle and becoming a leader,

Doctor Strange 3 has also been talked about post-infinity war. No plot or internal date has been set.

Other urls found in this thread:

cracked.com/blog/why-blockbuster-movie-bubble-will-burst-in-2018/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>9 picture deal

That would be nearly unheard, worth a fortune, of and widely reported.

Sam Jackson had a 9 picture deal with marvel and it went widely unreported. It wasnt until a few years into the MCU did we find out about it.

>Doctor Strange is a huge part of marvels future plans. Cumberbatch originally signed a 6 picture deal but had it extended to 9.

When will this bubble end? Please. DC + Marvel have endless capeshit lined up choking out all other movies and concepts.

This may seriously help kill the movie industry when the bubble pops.

Don't forget that we will be getting Star Wars movies every year from now

And the Avatar universe on that.

Seriously with all these competing "universes" there's not going to be a lot of showtimes or budget reserved for anything else.

JUST why...

When the box office collapses and the American film industry finally dies, it'll give me time to catch up on all the movies I still have to see.

2/10 post

OP, I would have rather heard stories of how much of a MADMAN Cuminsnatch was on the set and the outrageous magic tricks he pulled convince people he's a real wizard.

>David Yates
Pls no. The magic fights in his HP movies were trash.

Never. Capeshit has replaced action movies, that's all. There's no dumbing down of the american culture, it just standardized action flicks. You can enjoy every other genre in existence.

Next year still has some great American films coming out
>Kong: Skull Island
>Tom Cruise's The Mummy
>Alien: Covenant
>Blade Runner 2
Sure they are all reboots/sequels but I am still very excited to see

What I want are R Rated Hollywood films but without the stupid over the top Deadpool comedy shit.

Why can't we get some good R rated films like Die Hard, Lethal Weapon again?

I really enjoyed the Nice Guys btw and wish for more like that

I was gonna post that, but I remember news about it right after Ironman, I believe it was when he signed the contract. The Marvel universe was still taking shape.

These films would be problematic in this day and age. Look to Uzbekistan and the renaissance of underground Slav filmmaking to be the savior of Cinema

Also what the fuck is up with this new captcha?

will he come back? ;_;

cracked.com/blog/why-blockbuster-movie-bubble-will-burst-in-2018/

And the Universal Monsters Universe.

Avatar will not last more than 3 movies.

So pretty much Sherlock is canceled

All 4 sequels are being shot at one

also

>doubting Cameron
kek

>cracked

>Also what the fuck is up with this new captcha?
The visual captcha is not just to prove you're not a robot, they are actually using our results to test their robots and make them smarter. It's what makes them capable of accessing your webcam or your phone's cam, then scan what they are seeing and recognize what you have inside your home and in your room. Later, they use this and run algorythms to control the information they'll send to you, inducing you to buy this or that product, changing your political opinion and running psychological tests.

You're posing it like there's more capeshit than any other kind of movie. That's not even close to being true, it doesn't fucking matter, there's still and always will be more and different movies.

>Originally it was supposed to be spider-man but Sony still has too much control more than marvel would like and they dont trust them not to fuck up this spider-man. So that plan was scrapped.

How in the world Sony Pictures hasn't died yet is beyond me. I need them to not fuck up Homecoming but I have already been doubting. At least if they do fuck it up, Tom is still young so maybe they can salvage Spidey later.

>what I want

Nobody gives a shit about what you want and besides movies like Die Hard and Lethal Weapon have been gone long before capeshit really took off

>Working for Marvel
>Ever

Shouldve gone to DC

>Chad Stahelski & David Leitch.
What? I mean I loved the fuck out of JW but that movie wasn't exactly Marvel friendly.

Shame that Disney owns Cumberbitches soul for the forseeable future.

Da fuck?

Cumberbatch pretty much said he's not interested in doing any more Sherlock.

Why would he make movies nobody watches user?

>>Tom Cruise's The Mummy
You're still a dumb fuck and especially for mentioning this which is part of universal studios monsters universe

>Tom Cruise's The Mummy is a movie coming out next year that I want to see
How am I a dumb fuck for saying this?

>Independence Day 3
hah so they actually still wanna make this ey

I believe they helped the russos with some action scenes in Civil War. It sounds like theyre very much still in the marvel family.

You're a dumb fuck for saying you're looking forward to any of those movies. You're the fucking problem user, you're the fucking problem.

Why don't you try not talking like a nigger?

I couldn't believe how awful the new one was. I thought it would be the one reboot/sequel they couldn't fuck up. All they had to do was make a fun movie and they couldn't even do that.

The guy playing Bucky has a 9 picture deal and nobody care, and the guy playing Quicksilver I think

>guy playing Quicksilver I think
didnt he die?

You are also part of the problem because I don't see you doing anything about it, except whining like a little bitch that is, on fucking Cred Forums of all places.
Not watching the movies will not make the problem go away, you know.

>choking out all other movies and concepts
Just because everyone else is incapable of making money is no reason to tell the people who can do it not to.

>watch deafpool finally
>it's fairly boring with meme tier comedy
So basically all you need is a super hero spouting memes just at a rated r level and you can pull in nearly a billion dollars.

>Blade Runner 2
Why?

How? Are they going to fuck with my search results?

Who'd he have played? Doctor Fate?

Stephen and Wanda probably go to a universe where not even Ultron saw that coming.

shame

Ignore this guy, I'm the dude who leaked the reshoot details about Tilda Swinton. I've never heard of any arguments between Derrickson and the studio ever since Feige was given total reign over film development. The contract details might be true but I'm reluctant to take any part of this post seriously.

>You are also part of the problem because I don't see you doing anything about it.
This is one of the worst arguments I've ever seen posted on Cred Forums, how old are you?
>Not watching the movies will not make the problem go away, you know.
That's exactly what it would do if not for dumb fucks like you going in droves. Like I said, you're the fucking problem.

fuck you pleb

>What I want are R Rated Hollywood films but without the stupid over the top Deadpool comedy shit.

Given the amount of money Deadpool made on an R, there's actually a chance some good things are greenlit.

Expect them to be remakes though.

Being that Doctor Strange is an awesome character, I am definitely okay with this.

MCU with Doctor Strange as the front man > MCU with Iron Man as the front man

Sebastian Stan (The Winter Soldier) has a 9 picture deal.

Ignore the autists. These should all be fun movies.

Just make sure you also support the smaller releases if you can.