How was he the villain exactly?

How was he the villain exactly?

He wasnt. Are you retarded??

IDK he was just trying to rescue his kidnapped wife and their beloved unborn child . He only wanted them to be safe and when his ungrateful shrew of a "wife" got run over his grief was unbearable. Immortal Joe? More like husband and father of the year.

Feminist meddlers still tearing apart families in the distant future.

What the fuck... Another sick son of a bitch trying to redeem villains in this shitty board.

My last water bill was over $100. He had sole control over all that water and he still gave to all those people for free.

I guess he had women captives and that was bad, even if they probably had the best living standard in that society.
He also didn't waste the water like a retard which is also bad for some reason.

>being sexist

>villain
but in reality he did nothing wrong

You can be the antagonist but still not a villain. E.g. the opposing team in sport.

He was keeping women against their will. It was really dumb of the women to hate their situation, but they did. People should be free to make their own choices.

u dumb m8?

>world is full of radiation
>people are diseased and ugly
>those are his prized women
>Immortan Joe is keeping hold of his people and needs to perpetuate a royal family so their rule can be continuous instead of conflicts for power after his death

not to mention he had machines, medicine, books, instruments, hierarchy, and structure.

>muh feefees r hurt cuz muh slaves

If there is ever an apocalypse and Cred Forums were to somehow form a group, anyone who thinks Joe was evil should be shot

There's not a lot he did in the movie that's explicitly evil, aside from keeping people against their will. The cult of personality created around him and the fake concept of 'riding eternally in Valhalla' is more dangerous than the man himself. He's still a bad person, though.

>The cult of personality created around him and the fake concept of 'riding eternally in Valhalla' is more dangerous than the man himself.

No it's not.

Under tough circumstances you NEED centralized authority. He developed a cult of personality around him to keep his rule and keep the people from devouring one another over who should lead and destroy all he created in the process.

I never said it wasn't necessary, especially when you have an entire generation of war boys who grew up after the end. But to anyone else trying to settle independently in the wasteland, or to wandering scavengers (like Max), it's far more of a threat then a simple group of raiders, as the war boys don't care if they die in attack.

This is assuming that Joe has much influence outside of the Citadel, Gastown and the Bullet Farm, but if the game's canon, then he presents a threat to anyone also trying to build something for themselves.

Fury Road had a sad ending

They obviously ran out of water and were invaded by raiders.

Remember when Joe said not to become addicted to water so they don't miss its absence?

>Mad Max film
>Happy ending

The only one that was explicitly happy and uplifting was the worst one, pic related

War Boys were still alive, so unlikely they got wrecked easily.

The wives are pictured as being dumb as shit and extremely emotionally immature, like when they're in the backseat throwing a tantrum about how they're not going to make it.

Women overall are portrayed pretty badly. Furiosa is driven by her desire to free the wives, but they are all extremely disloyal and, on a karma scale, definitely evil. Furiosa works her way up through Immortan Joe's ranks probably committing some seriously fucked up shit to earn respect as a woman, then betrays him for an ideal that claims pleasure slaves locked high up with all the remaining luxuries have it worse than the people dying of dehydration and cannibal raiders on the ground. The bandit women that they meet up later are just that, bandits. Though it isn't confirmed, it's implied that they didn't know how to properly care for their lands. The only thing motivating them to leave is the chance to steal away secured, relatively safe territory from an army because ....???? They wanted it? Despite this, they're shown in a positive light as protagonists even though there's nothing morally good about them.

He wasn't

The movie goes out of its way to tell you that women can't make a society by themselves, and that violent revolution isn't always in the best interest of everyone.

He was a dictator, of course. But they aren't "bad" if it's needed.

>He also didn't waste the water like a retard
Are you kidding? His system of distributing water is fucking shit. Probably his biggest flaw if you ask me.

It's all but outright said that the people who make places like Bartertown and the Citadel were all formerly raiders who realised that endlessly wandering around searching for gas can only last for so long.

Joe's a manipulative despot, but he's smart enough to hold a small, self-sustaining empire together. Humungus would have been in a similar position if he'd settled down, as he'd already begun building the same quasi-religious following and aura around himself.

I just want to be a warboy. :(

He was prideful, to a point where he deluded himself that he could make a healthy hier even after three kids ended up becoming failures. He should have simply adopted someone at that point who was healthy and taught them.

Also spent an exorbitant amount of money/resources on retrieving what is just a harem. Milk mothers would have likely had better stock, but he insisted on just capturing the prettiest and then blowing everything away when they suddenly skip town into a ocean desert to die.

>Immortan Joe is keeping hold of his people and needs to perpetuate a royal family so their rule can be continuous instead of conflicts for power after his death
This is the irony of the ruling class. We hate them because they are rich and powerful but they perform a necessary purpose. That a democratic group would not necessary be able to perform.

>Women overall are portrayed pretty badly.
I thought the same thing, but in comparison to all the males who are portrayed as madmen basically they are portrayed well, relatively.

Joe is homosexual according to the comic. He wasn't even sexually attracted to his wives. He did literally everything out of selfless reasons. He just wanted civilization. Is that so wrong? All state level societies were founded by guys like Joe.

I don't remember this being a thing.

I thought he was too old to keep his dick up.

He had sex with women while being unattractive.

His baby who died was healthy and perfect in every way.

>Joe is homosexual

is this true?

Man, what a selfless god.

The comic has him cover his wives cover their bodies in white powder before sex because it "reminds him of his warboys."

I didnt't understand why he didn't just have the warboys distributing the water between the peasants. Or at least building some kind of water well. I feel like every character in this movie wasted water even when it was one of the most valuable and scarce resources

So was the third son, until he found out he was psychotic and killed one of his wives.

So he killed him.

It is all about the grandiose "I am a godly figure on earth holding control over one of the most important substance for life on this planet so you peasants better treat me like a God emperor" aproach.

he created artificial scarcity to make his peasants absolutely reliant and dependent on him to the point where they can't even plan rebellion or organize.

This buys him time to build his civilization.

>games are cannon.

This is a comic.

I mean, the game ends in a way that perfectly sets up the start of Fury Road and the little girl that Max has visions of is in the game as well, so it's certainly a contender for being canonical

hot

if you can't write a book, write for the newspaper.
if you can't write for the newspaper, write comics