What the FUCK was his problem Cred Forums?

What the FUCK was his problem Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tiw9yg9E8g8
youtube.com/watch?v=NHeSC_Ws5Ic
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Drugs

He was a doctor, what do you mean by problem?

Nothing, BAT COUNTRY

wow so edgy do lots of drugs and write about it

hunter S not bad tho. youtube.com/watch?v=Tiw9yg9E8g8

The death of the American Dream

My favorite scenes are when Gonzo almost murders the waitress,Cameron Diaz, and the bathtub scene.

>I'M JUST GOING TO CARVE A Z IN YOUR FOREHEAD

Del Toro is a based spic.

A very shitty movie.

name a better opening line than the bat country one

Ether binge

dogs fuck the pope? no fault of mine.

They pay you to fuck that bear?

It was hard to translate from the book.

I really wanted to like this movie but having no idea what was going on or having everything seem meaningless made me dislike it

let's get down to brass tax... how much for the ape?

"brass tacks", mongoloid

a fantastic movie

Though some of the hallucinations are ludicrous compared to the drugs' actual effects I liked the movie a lot.

TELL ME ABOUT THE FUCKING GOLF SHOES, MAN

The part before this in the lobby where the carpet crawls up the walls is 100% legit

>So you want me to throw this into the tub when White Rabbit peaks?

He was redpilled. Is there any deeper meaning to this movie or is it just about two guys doing drugs in Vegas? I'm always oblivious to that sort of thing.

Yeah that's about the only accurate hallucination

What did he mean by this?

The face of the valet skewing and morphing is pretty accurate

absolutely nothing

the end pretty much sums up the deeper meaning if there is one

there is no american dream and drug culture is about seeking something but most people doing drugs don't find what they are looking for

WAR

Ending and the red woollen shirt/seeing his future self in club scene.

It helps knowing about the man who wrote/lived it but you can always take it as the drug filled debauchery that it was.
Doing and or having done lots of drugs helps too

just watched some interviews and this and damn, depp captures perfectly the way he speaks. and then ripped it off for all characters to come

I read the book after watching the film, and the film really doesn't do a great job of conveying how morally questionable "Duke" and "Gonzo" were.

If some of the shit in there is true, they were genuinely pretty bad people.

His lawyer drugging and raping the runaway then them abandoning her in Vegas wasn't enought?

Oh, for sure, but that's one stand-out in the film. The book has so more moments.

Bill Murray warned him during filming to do a very different role immediately afterwards, or he'd just be playing this role for the rest of his career. I guess Depp's response was "Dude, adrenochrome LMAO!"

>YOU'RE NOT PORTUGUESE, MAN!

do go on and spoiler them for me

Off the top of my head, I can't.

I just distinctly remember reading the book and having several moments where I thought "Whoa, that shit seemed way less sinister in the film".

Gonzo trying to strangle a cleaning lady.
Gonzo threatening the waitress with a knife.
Gonzo threatening the reporter in the elevator.

He's not nearly as sympathetic without del Toro playing him.

The gist of the movie wasnt hard to undertstand at all, they were morally bankrupt post-hipsters, jaded because they failed to change the world with their original counter-culture

*post-hippies

I mix them a lot

So was this book only made fiction to protect Hunter from legal troubles?

The movie is a bit dumbed down when it comes to the sinister, dark side of that road trip.
All that you feel is "wacky and over the top" tends to be pretty insane and violent in the book.

The end and failure of hippie movement, death of idealism and disillusion of America, leading to extreme depression and hedonistic way of life to counter it.

lots of vultures out here theyll pick your bones clean

hee heh e

what was that movie where depp had flip-shades?
I always thought it was this one but it wasn't..?

have you ever read some hunter s thompson???

Him talking about giant reptiles wasn't supposed to mean that he literally saw lizards

Who, Hunter S. Thompson? Johnny Depp?

Someone should shoop Seagals face on Dr Gonzo's

m a d m a n