Lord of the Rings

Name ONE flaw.

>HARD MODE: Don't mention the books, faggot.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=132WIdxvgdo
youtube.com/watch?v=9skYkQfAwus
youtu.be/c0_yi2p6OgI
youtube.com/watch?v=Y2fwe0rnHak
youtube.com/watch?v=_pGaz_qN0cw
youtube.com/watch?v=mpELe90QuLg
youtube.com/watch?v=evHF0WRagtc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Umm we didn't see ANY of the hot elves naked or getting fucked

No black people, no asians

heavy reliance on terrible cgi.

based

It's an action movie for young people aged 15 to 25

I've watched it many times and read the books, and still don't know what the thing between Eowen and Aragon with the necklace was about. Not that I payed much attention during those scenes.

Tolkein meant for LOTR to be a sort of mythology for Britain, so it's perfectly reasonable that all the human-type characters are White. The only time that I can recall a Black guy being in Britain in ancient times was when Morgan Freeman helped out Robin Hood that one time.

The Fellowship is a better book than a movie but Return of the King is a better movie than a book

Arwyn (Liv Tyler) gave the necklace to Aragon as something to remember her by.

army of the dead was actually dumb, even ignoring books
some of the spacing between stuff was questionable (barad dur visible from the black gates), and this lead to the world feeling very small in some places
Saruman on top of Isengard, talking down to everyone, didn't make sense spatially
theatrical cut leaving out the boromir - faramir flashback

>Watch all LOTR movies in the theater
>Loved them and bought the extended DVDs

Watch Hobbit movies in the theater
>Thought they were "meh" and did not buy the DVDs

Why were the Hobbit movies so unimpressive when compared to the LOTR movies?

hackson calling it in

But he is responsible for both. Awards up the ass for LOTR; no awards for Hobbit. What went wrong?

The main reason is because all the action scenes are padded out and with stupid CGI to make it worse. The secondary reason is because it was a much simpler book.

The Hobbit Trilogy was clearly just a bastardization of a small, beloved fantasy prequel.

Hollywood recognized this fact, and rightfully shunned it from the circle of glory that the LoTR trilogy resides in.

The LoTR Trilogy was about art and finally "getting it right". The Hobbit mess was about franchise opportunity.

This fucking scene
youtube.com/watch?v=132WIdxvgdo

How is that a flaw?

What are Haradrim and Easterlings

fuck lord of the rings and fuck white people

well fuuuck yoouu tooo boy

The studios forced him to make it three instead of two and advances in CGI gave him autism. He came up with the scene where they surf on molten gold two weeks before the film was finished.

not to mention orcs. If anything it's a realistic depiction of poc's

everything involving arwen is extremely cheesy

look everybody! the boy has no name!

Some of the CGI lacks weigth, e.g. Legolas climbing the Mumakil, Battle of the Last Alliance.

Some costume designs were kinda bad with the Gondorian armor seeming like it's made out of cardboard.

Combat choreography feels weak since massive fucking Uruk just fall down afterbeing mildly shoved.

>15h trilogy
>learn nothing about the protagonist, his past, personality, what he likes (other than Sam), etc

That is not a flaw.

It tried too hard to be Lotr. It was a comfy fun adventure story turned into wow so epic battle scenes look at Legolas zipping around so badass.

youtube.com/watch?v=9skYkQfAwus

Watch Boromir's hand between the close ups of him and Aragorn as he's dying.

Sorry to ruin such a great scene for you.

I wish they were at least consistent with elf power levels. Galadriel doesn't really do much but you can tell she's powerful as shit. Legolas is constantly zipping around everywhere. But then just about any other elf can only stand there and shoot a bow.

They effectively ruined Faramir's character.

Why does the two towers have the best opening scene of all time?
I wish we got to see more of gandalf and the balrog.

It makes it special because we didn't see too much of it.

>Return home
>no explanation that 25+ years have passed

Theatrical version cut Saruman from Return of the King

The distance was frustrating. Guards in Minas Tirith could literally see what Sauron was up to just by taking a peak out the window. It was a good way to show the constant struggle for Gondor, but when you think about it, how the fuck a soldier eating breakfast in bed could watch orcs making swords in Barad Dur is a bit silly.

>Sauronman

what 25 years?

The cringefest that is the avalanche of skulls in the extended edition of Return of the King

>too much unecessery CGI
>split into 3 movies
Should've been one long movie, cut out the bullshit, just make it a nice prequel to lotr marathons
>trying too hard to be funny
The humor in Lotr feels natural, The Hobbit it felt kinda forced, maybe Jackson felt everyone had to be Gimli-like.

Other than that, it did have some really good scenes like the acorn scene youtu.be/c0_yi2p6OgI

Is the fight ever detailed in the book?

Ghost army.

that faggot Legolas inserting himself inter that scene is an even bigger mistake.

well ill be. Still doesnt remove any emotion from that scene though.

Literally everything besides fellowship. Peter jacksons shit directing, stale filmmaking amd cinematography, tone and progression, camera work, editing, pacing, acting besides a select few. You name it.

It also looked aged as fuck eight years ago

Reminder this board is full of hugbox lotrfags who can't evrn dissect directing. Jacksons only contribution was making it as bloated and using as much ebin slowmo as he could.

Extended cut is bloated and has ton of bad scenes. Theatrical cut is perfect though.

Everything with Bilbo was done well. Everything else felt like shit.

You mispelled 11-15

>lotr trilogy was about art
>the most stale safe adaptation with zero artistic injections one could imagine is art
Kek

awoo

True, Martin Freeman did a great job in general as Bilbo

Does anyone know what the name of that humming version of the theme is? I think they play it at the start of the end credits for one of the movies. You can hear it at the end of this:
youtube.com/watch?v=Y2fwe0rnHak

I can't find it on youtube and its driving me crazy

still can't see it

>spent years in pre-production creating real props like weapons, armor, outfits, statues, real sets, etc
>no artistic value

Are you retarded?

>being this butthurt

This is sort of a book thing but it trivializes the accomplishments of men. They should have cut out some of that rohan/faramir stuff and added some scenes of aragon being all kingly and uniting the southern lords to defeat sauron at minus tirith. The ghosts worked better as a deus ex machina to get the fleet, but it was in poor taste to have them at minus tirith.

It's like a humming version of In Dreams but I can't find it

Good pick, the thread is for flaws though.

The Fellowship was the best movie as well tho

Wow you are actually retarded. Zero artistic value in merely making a movie. Again ill say it jackson didn't inject anything artistic into the films. They exist only to exist

The road goes ever on pt. 1 and pt. 2

This can't believe people on this board think Hackson had vision.

Thanks senpai, I'm gonna cry myself to sleep now

np. the humming is at the end of the pt 1 and mostly part 2

Not enough character development for characters like Gimli and Legolas.

I think he means between them coming home and Frodo & Bilbo leaving for Valinor.
Even then it wasn't that long.

yeah it was 2 years.

This is such a blanket black-and-white statement. There's no compelling argument being presented and it's too vague to be challenged. To legitimately believe there's no artistic merit in anything depicted in the trilogy is pretty stubborn.

Not a flaw. Blacks and Asians are the enemy on man. Wicked men are negros while orcs are gooks.

this thread needs more overwhelming comfiness
youtube.com/watch?v=_pGaz_qN0cw

>you will never be the Gondor/Rohan ambassador to Lorien or Mirkwood
>you will never live among the elves, learning about them and socializing
>you will never get together with a hot 250 year old who wants to bang the ape human to spite har father

are you retarded? even in the movies they explicitly state that Frodo was an orphan and spent his entire life doing fucking nothing in the shire, he likes food and booze and his personality is thoroughly explored during the quest

No, Gandalf just states very generally what happened.

>you will never march to war knowing that you will face creatures told in fairytales

>No healing houses
>no seed of Gondor
>No Saruman in the Shire
Niggaplz.jpg

No Tom Bombadil

>you will never take a normal sized shit in a hobbit toilet

>what are orcs?

Nazis

Chavs gone native.

Fuck, never saw that.

It's something they made up for the movies. It's not really that important.

I wonder what it would've been like to have cellphones in Middle Earth.

the working class of industrialised Britain

Go to bed Chris

youtube.com/watch?v=mpELe90QuLg

If this doesn't make you involuntarily crack a smile, kill yourself immediately

Or this

youtube.com/watch?v=evHF0WRagtc

Army of the Dead looks like PS1 era cut scene

All the orcs go down in one hit

Cut all the based Boromir scenes only for the extended version

Saruman's end only shown in the extended version

Lack of any battle tactics, just charging head on in any combats