Good Kaiju Movies??

Dear Cred Forums

Shin Godzilla really got me on a Kaiju kick. I've been watching a lot of the older Godzilla films such as Godzills vs. Biollante. Can you help me find some more awesome Kaiju movies?

Check out the Heisei Gamera Trilog, and if you haven't already Anno's God Warrior short.

Good Kaiju movies?

Heh.

Is Son of Godzilla good? Looks cute

Good? No. enjoyable? Yes.

Yeah the Gamera trilogy is on my watchlist right now. I've never heard of the other one, I'll check it out.

Obv you're not a fan of the genre, in which case kindly go shitpost elsewhere ya cuck

I hope nothing bad happens to his son ;_;

Don't watch vs Destroyer then.

It's fun and does a pretty good job of integrating the human story with the monster action, go ahead.

What compelled you to take the time out of your day to write this and answer the captcha just to shit on the opinions of others that enjoy something?

Daimajin

HAHA! You say that!! I just watched Godzilla vs Destroyah and Baby Godzilla actually dies!!! There's a whole scene where Godzilla is crying and the humans start getting sad. Then Godzilla turns into Fukushima and literally melts down like a nuclear reactor.

Does anyone have that list which tells you what Godzilla movies are serious toned and what ones are more comedic? Thanks

Why did you spoil the ending :( why i didnt do anything mean to you

>don't skreeonk at me or my wife's son ever again

This, they're mostly samurai movies with a vengeful murder god thrown in at the end but they're all pretty good.

Pretty easy to find too.

Really!! I've always wondered about those movies...

I'll have to add those to the list too. That looks like pretty classic samurai kino mixed with Kaiju.

Showa godzilla is cute! CUTE!

I'm sorry, I always figured old movies were fair game.I shoulda used a spoiler tag.

yeah the period setting makes them pretty unique

It can be pretty kino

I feel like Pacific Rim was great as well. And everything I've seen about Pacific Rim 2 looks even better.

Love the rotoscoping.

But he didn't say the true fate of baby Godzilla. ;)

Best Godzilla films:
> Gojira (1954)
> Shin Godzilla
> Mothra vs Godzilla
> Ghidorah
> Monster Zero
> Godzilla vs Hedorah
> Godzilla vs Biollante
> Godzilla 2000

I take it you're a fan of the new one too :D

Makes the USA Godzilla look like fuckin Mighty Joe Young

All depends on what you want from your Godzilla films. If you like camp I really think Destroy All Monsters is great.

>> Godzilla 2000
saw this in theaters, my fave g movie ever since

>no GMK
Excuse me, user?

Darn, forgot GMK. It, Gojira, and Shin Godzilla make a quality trilogy of sorts.

There was a good one about Godzilla but I forgot what it's called.

Godzilla movies come in different styles: serious or wacky.

Gojira (1954) is the best serious Godzilla.
King Ghidorah (1991) is easily the best of the wacky movies.
Shin Godzilla sort of combines them and it's awesome.

Everything else is below those, but Heisei movies in general are the best of the rest.

The Calamari Wrestler is kaiju kino. Seriously it's a great movie.

GMK's plot is great. Sadly the effects kill it for me. Godzilla's retarded neck and beer belly and Ghidorah's tiny ass wings dampened my enjoyment of it.

Pure kino coming through.

> Heisei movies in general are the best of the rest
And so it begins...

The Giant Claw is a big guy
as big as a battleship

I recommend Gorgo, The Beast from 20000 Fathoms (and literally every other Harryhausen film btw, not quite kaiju but great stop motion monster/fantasy stuff), The Giant Behemoth, and Reptilicus

Problem, fuccboi?

After Gojira, King Ghidorah, and Shin Godzilla (my clear top 3), the next few would be:
>Biollante (Heisei)
>Destroyah (Heisei)
>Hedorah (late-Showa)
>GMK (Millennium)

>Godzilla vs Biollante
>good soundtrack
It's my favorite Godzilla movie but the soundtrack is pretty bad outside of the classic tunes.

>implying the GIANT FUCKING CLAW is not BIGGER than a battleship

Cloverfield a kaiju movie, right?
r-right?

Watch it, user.

I'd put all of Honda's early work (1954-1965), except for King Kong, ahead of everything but Shin Godzilla and maybe GMK. And I'm of the opinion Hedorah is underappreciated.

This a troll image? Recommending Godzilla 98 over Godzilla 14? The fuck.

Technically I guess. It's not canonically connected to Cloverfield Lane is it? God that movie was shit. I liked cloverfield too.

where all my Gamera niggas at?

I'd watch it if I could fucking find it, all the torrents I look up are dead.

I've seen Godzilla 2000. That movie is so intense and the scale is epic af. So much military warfare.

This would be a good chart if not for the super biased rating for 2014

It only appears biased because he says consider 98. They should both be skipped until the fanedit of 2014 comes out.

None of the streaming or paid sites have the Gamera movies.

Kaiju Italiano

At least G98 is entertainingly bad. G14 is simply dull.

You can find the DVD and Blu Ray collections in the bargain bin at WalMart

Haha it would be like 25 minutes long. All the shots of Bryan Cranston followed by the 12 minutes of on-screen time with Godzilla.

>including Zedus from Gamera the Brave
I like this pic

Ya know you're probably correct with that statement.

I think it's gonna be 75 minutes long.
If they didn't kill Bryan Cranston off the movie would have been 100x better.

>pacific rim
Absolutely this.
>pacific rim 2 looks even better
I wish I had your optimism.

98 isn't entertaining at all. Not even in a so bad it's good way. It just fucking sucks.

Yeah but we all know Cranston wouldn't have asked them to kill off his character unless he could tell it was a shitshow of a movie.

Yea it's fucking terrible. Fuck the casting fuck the script fuck Zilla fuck the raptor babbies fuck the fish

I recently went through all the Showa Gamera films. The original really sucks but they pick up a lot after that. The miniature sets and cinematography are easily better than the Godzilla films from the same time period. Also the fights are fucking brutal and gory as fuck, really fun to watch. The last couple Showa films get really bad though. Haven't seen the Heisei trilogy or the 2006 one

You definitely need to see the trilogy, blows what Godzilla was doing in the 90's out of the water

It's got some interesting characters and a fun NY setting. It's more of a straight remake of Beast from 20k fathoms than Godzilla though, that's for sure. It's also way too long but it's decently fun. Idk how anyone could like 2014 on any level, one of the worst kaiju films I've seen and one of the worst films overall, just terrible, terrible

Yeah 98 is one of those movies that you just will never watch a 2nd time. Since it's a tired rehash set in Manhattan, you feel like there's just always a better movie of its kind that you should watch.

I saw it in the theaters when i was a kid and I could even tell back then that it sucked because I never watched it again.

I got it off the bay last year. The DVD is cheap. It's worth picking up for $10.

Gamera trilogy and Tokyo sos are the top 4 Kaiju kino imo

>"Yep, that's a cavity. You should get that checked out bro"

>liking minilla

Love and Peace is pretty cute.
But the biggest plot twist in the movie is that it's actually a christmas movie.