/Godzilla/

Thicc edition
Did you see ShinG again this weekend?
are you seeing it again before it's run ends on Tuesday?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zPxhdo4HDgg
youtube.com/watch?v=mIb0AOCNa30
youtu.be/0qsq9spyUww
youtube.com/watch?v=DwFNnDi1gXY
youtube.com/watch?v=0h1_XuBChMc
dailymotion.com/video/xzbpwg_giant-god-warrior-appears-in-tokyo_shortfilms
vimeo.com/76828882
youtube.com/watch?v=myqSETD5_bs
seedpeer.eu/details/3692528/Monster-Kaiju-Pack--Godzilla-Gamera-Mothra--PhattPack.html
thepiratebay.org/torrent/15396867/Godzilla_Complete_Boxset_(Plus_bonus_material)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You could just watch Japanese politicians try to yell over each other on Youtube and save some money.

So guys I have this theory that everyone in this series is actually an imaginary figment of Ssinkichi Yamada's imagination(look him up). Have you ever noticed that the pacing, tone, and general story changes so much so quickly. Well I believe this is actually the dream of a slowly dying man. He is actually in an induced coma. The accident that killed his most loved person actually affected him also and before he realized his injuries he was greatly affected by the stress of seeing a gravely injured love one. So naturally he thought of the adventures of him and his progeny as he was in his coma. I believe that his brother (who actually died) is the projection of his guilt, and his wish that his son could actually have a nice life and future, his trusted Ship captain( who there is no proof that he ever existed) is actually a projecton of his stress and repressed sexualityand his inability to act.

The whole fact that many of the Kaiju of this series seem to have mental illnesses ma either be from applied post traumatic stress disorder from this unfortunate incident. OR maybe he himself had some mental illness. I believe he actually had "Prosopagnosia" or the inability to tell people's faces apart from another. This may explain the strange similarities in the first few main character's ambitions and facial similarities.

I thought long and hard about this idea. I can't think of any counterpoints either, so thanks for reading this. Please tell me your thoughts on this matter, as this took a while to type. I also added a picture so you guys will pay attention to this very important post. THANK YOU.

I saw it three times and enjoyed the little things

>tfw your noodles are soggy

>Its all a dream revelation
No thanks.

Fuck no more viewings where I am that I can see. Video release wheeen?

PERSONAL SERVICE

Secretary of Ageiculture

Absolutely perfect

Im jealous. Japanese cinema has really adopted its own style apart from western. It takes a lot from manga, and its works well in motion. Id like to see it again to pay attention to the shots and not the subs

>genuinely want to see it again
>closest theater is an hour away and its not playing it again until the 24th
Watching it again as soon as a good BD rip comes out though. Or shit i honestly will probably just buy a physical copy.

He so cute :3

>tfw he doesn't wanna go for a walk :/

So how long do we have to wait for the greatest modern day sci fi horror sequel to come out?

Is it true Anno was only signed on for one movie? If so they might as well just make the next movie totally its own thing and unrelated to Shin Godzilla because a sequel probably wouldn't work without him. Its still a pretty strong and haunting ending on its own if we never get a straight sequel.

It won't be directed by Anno so who gives a fuck
just kidding. But seriously. We need to make sure Toho gets Anno directing the sequel too

I 100% agree.

ShinG is very popular I hear in Japan so hopefully they sign him on for another.

I mean why would they give the sequel to someone else when he has obviously left us with sequel content

I really need a better picture of this.

Might have to go see it again. Thank you based Anno.

I read that he'd be willing to do it. It's just up to Toho.
I hope it's mild success here in the west helps them realize we want Anno behind the wheel too.

How the fuck did the CGI look so good in some scenes when this movie was made on peanuts. I don't get it, some closeup scenes he actually looks goddamn real.

>mfw all the tanks were CGI as well as some of the buildings

I guess Clothes aren't the only thing made in sweatshops in Japan ;)

Thats China.

It's funny with how computer generated the American 2014 one looks next to ShinG

That's what's cool about Japanese movies, they don't have to make $500 million and higher to be considered a success.

Shieeeeeeet I've officially crashed and burned.

That's because they actually "care" about the art substance of a film compared to America who only cares about money at the box office.

>We could make this and this decision but nah it will produce less kids in the cinema and we need as many to see it so it gets a big box office so let's not do this cool mature idea
Is really sad when American Hollywood has become like this

To be fair, American Godzilla is 100% CGI whereas Shin Godzilla is a composite of CGI, dudes in a suit and good old fashioned puppetry.

I like both, and think there's room for both personally. I'm glad that both sides of the Pacific are giving us new movies featuring Big Papa.

It'll be interesting to see if in the 2014 Godzilla sequel he still looks like that or if they up the CGI quality after getting their ass kicked by Nippon.

user, Shin Godzilla is 100% CGI.

It'll be even cooler if Toho makes another Final Wars and includes Bearzilla getting his shit wrecked by ShinG

Shin Godzilla is confirmed to be 100% CGI with motion capture. They had a suit and giant puppet made but neither were actually used, i didn't believe it at first either.

This is all 100% CGI too.

HOLY SHIT it is so impressive no joke

How did they make his teeth look so real?

That would seem a bit disrespectful considering Toho basically disowned Zilla but officially endorsed Bearzilla.

I think it'd be funny but I can see where you're coming from. BearZilla is respectable because they did a nice job staying true to the design but still taking risks. A good design for American audiences I'd say. I still don't like it so much but it's better than Zilla by a significant margin. The sense of scale is nice too.

What movie do they make fun of the 1998 one?

Yeah Toho said lots of good thins about bearzilla. Infact if bearzilla wasn't made, Toho wouldtve gotten the motivation to make another goji movie

The Japanese got good at CGI. It's a whole new ball game.

It's kind of crazy, and brilliant. Like, they couldn't trick me that Shin Godzilla was a real creature like Legendary tried and failed to do with the 2014 Godzilla.

But they totally tricked me into thinking he was a practical effect. They even limited the way he moved and was shot to mimic how practical effects work.

Final Wars.

youtube.com/watch?v=zPxhdo4HDgg

His arms. I fucking HATE them.

The better question isn't how it looked so good in those scenes, it's how it looked that good in some scenes but so awful in others

When the CGI is good in Shinzilla, it's the best CGI i've ever seen, but when it's bad it's godwaful as hell

I don't get how a single movie can have such a discrepancy in quality

He's so gross!!! It's amazing.

Kamata kun was the worst offender when it comes to the CGI quality but it adds to his goofy ass charm.

I really love Showa era Godzilla. No matter how bad and campy the movies themselves are. Watching Godzilla and his buds romp around and fight other monsters is great.

Agreed. It's so comfy.

>that scene in Vs Megalon
You know which one

The 3rd act though had some really good looking scenes

Do you think they purposefully made some of the CGI worse just to make the other stuff look so good in comparison?

Like the tanks were all CGI but looked amazing, but the helicopters looked like crap.

I just have to post it

I thought the helicopters looked really good.

My main problem was some of the fire and explosions which you could see looked cartoony.

I wish they used practical small explosions like Lucas did in 1977 on the death star.

Damn right I do

Because you like it and are giving it free pass

>My main problem was some of the fire and explosions which you could see looked cartoony.
>I wish they used practical small explosions like Lucas did in 1977 on the death star.

I felt the opposite, I felt the fire and explosions looked great and were a huge improvement over the minature gunpowder charges they used to use

They give off a much better sense of scale then those

Most did look good, but there were a couple that looked genuinely terrible. It was noticeable.

Nigga it looked really fucking good.

The night scene alone is one of the best looking scenes in a Godzilla film period.

If I shoot his eyes with 20mm machine gun would he blink?

I am hoping that they include Shin Godzilla in a new box set volumes like these which they released and then include King Kong Vs. Godzilla (because that hasn't been included in a box set yet).

He has no eyelids user. He can never blink.

He seems to shield them though when he uses his atomic breath.

Will probably have to wait until they make the sequel to ShinG

I know what you mean.
Like when they hit his legs. You can see that in the trailer and it looks like the explosion and smoke were superimposed

It would be very painful

These boxsets are too fucking expensive. Much cheaper to just buy them on VHS.

Even when he sleeps for two weeks?

Why did they make Zilla so weak in this movie?

>Dying by a couple missiles hitting him
It's so embarrassing

Not that 25-40 bucks is THAT expensive. I'm just a cheap motherfucker.

>$30 - $40 is too expensive
nah
youtube.com/watch?v=mIb0AOCNa30

I can't remember if he specifically had eyelids when he "shut down" or if his eyes did that same shit when he used his atomic breath.

What are these? Are we getting new Blu Ray collections in the NA?

So how come King Kong Vs. Godzilla wasn't included

>mfw the uncut Japanese version costs over $100 on ebay
Where else can I find the 97 minute cut cheap?

See Not to mention I'm not real big on DVDs in the first place. I know I don't have a choice with the newer ones but if I can get the older ones on VHS I'd much rather have them on that medium.

They have only released these in Australia from what I gather.

>tfw you can turn the cover inside out to get rid of the rating

Awh. I don't have any Goji movies on physical medium anymore besides the Criterion 1954 and the 2014 Blu Ray.

Only one I've got right now is Biollante but I have Destroyah, Space Godzilla and a dual pack with Megalon and Sea Monster coming in the mail.

Probably not. Sony always finds ways to fuck up North American releases of the classic Godzilla movies, be it shitty transfers, Amercian dubs only, or something else altogether.

why does american godzilla love twinkies so much?

>tfw the King Kong vs Godzilla Blu-ray 60Th Anniversary Edition is $120 on ebay
WHY so expensive?

>that cover
The fuck were they thinking
Almost as bad as the two towers cover for megalon

I just want a Blu-Ray box set of them all, seems simple enough.

I remember it. When he sleeps his eyes just hid in shadow slowly and when he wakes up he open his eyelids.

Both effects are different from that shark eyelid thing that was only used on two shots

That's because it is simple enough. It'd be too easy if they just put it all in a single boxset.

welp I have already bought one box set. May as well collect the others for time being hmm

So simple I'd even buy it.

Be honest Cred Forums, what is your favorite Godzilla design?

youtu.be/0qsq9spyUww

ShinG! I am serious. I love how creepy and unique he looked in his second form and his face and teeth are perfect in his 4th

Gamera got one.

People liking the human scenes of this movie may also like World War Z by Max Brook. See
>The incompetence of the American military
>Japanese otaku 2chan poster
>Israel is the best rael

I agree

Well if they do release them all, hopefully it comes with some more new features

Always been SoshingekiGoji.

Probably because vs Hedorah is my favorite film.

GMK Godzilla. Shame the suit fell apart.

yeah but that isn't every film. I don't think any release exists of that.

It was my favorite Godzilla film growing up.

Fuck this will never make me not laugh.

It's not, but it's a decent size of them with a nice looking box set.

There is no comparable Godzilla sets, just ugly double packs and that shit where they make the real nice cover really small and give it a huge cheap border.

>tfw we get a Blu Ray release like this with Anno's ShinG and his ShinG sequel together
Please make the sequel!

>his little 'cmon!' Chest pound
He's so god damn cute. Absolutely irresistible.

lel that surprised look

Man nigga. Hedorah has it all, hamfisted environmental message, corny family drama, psychedelic brain-melting visuals, genuinely spooky images of polluted, decaying bodies (by Godzilla standards of the time anyway), and Godzilla getting a rarely severe ass-beating.

And of course, Godzilla flying backwards.

Saw it on Thursday (last day of 3 day screening) 7pm showing only all three days. It's like they tried to make it hard to see. Almost missed it. Probably a good 3/4 full theater.

Thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm a big Eva fan so the quick cuts and dialogue wasn't an issue for me. I can confirm most people chuckled at the first glimpse of stage 1 Godzilla, but I like his big creepy eyes. Vs Desteroyah is still my favorite but Shin is definitely in my top 3.

>hurrrdurrr my Godzilla's skin is so tough guns can't hurt it
Literally plot armor

Normally I am fine with that unexplained.

but since Anno so kindly reminds us this in a line
and since he spent so much time making conference on the biology of the animal it's legit to ask:
Why don't they ever ask how his skin resist bombs?

Which is why I laugh at Anno's attempt to build his plot on discussion of impossible biology

He doesn't completely resist bombs. He took some serious hits from those stealth bombers.

This. It weakened him a bit

2012 Godzilla when he is released from the ice and the fucker is just pissed, blows up the security lab with the 2 poor /fit/ workers, and then owns that powersaw alien monster

Other user was too busy writing his own muh movie to notice the huge blood splatter when Godzilla was bombed.

Intercuts with models, puppetry and costumes, as well as decent mo-cap, trick your brain. If you look at stills there are parts where it looks really bad. But when you view it your brain links it all together and it looks great. It only really becomes jarring at the scenes where it's CGI for more than 10s

I am not going to ask you to explain Godzilla biology.

I am just saying that Anno is taking people in a wild goose chase with through those conference discussion And the way they pretend it works is hilarious.

I can't watch the Showa Gamera movies without the MST3K treatment at this point, but I really want to watch the Heisei movies. The Monster Madness clips of them make them look amazing.

>she succ

>everyone chuckles at kamata-kun
>their faces minutes later when he destroys that apartment with the family inside

There was no puppetry or cotumes. Goji, the vehicles, and most of the buildings were CGI.

Seriously. Those big unblinking eyes were creepy. I get that the cut is jarring but the head on view is pretty convincing. I don't think it registered how it was pushing itself with just it's hind legs. It has a very unsettling physicality when you really look at it.

I loved his 2nd form staring down the attack helicopters.

The shot of him shaking his head while roaring I'm still convinced that's a puppet.

Toho says they're not, but they could be leftovers from when they tried to use practical effects.

Also the cars getting piled up looked like model work to me. Quite a few of the destruction shots were scale models. Maybe some cgi enhancement but we're talking about a movie with a budget of around 20m and no more than 30m.

Yeah I think there are a couple shots with the puppet. Watch the trailer that opens with the roar and you can clearly see that it's still a puppet (which I love)

There was never a suit. They never were ever going to do suitmation for the film.

They originally were going to do most scenes with a large puppet and use CGI in other scenes(IIRC) but the puppet failed tests early in production so they decided to go full CGI.

>Do you think they purposefully made some of the CGI worse just to make the other stuff look so good in comparison?
From what I've heard they were behind schedule so some of the CGI was outsourced which is why a few scenes don't look as good.

It's very impressive when you watch this
youtube.com/watch?v=DwFNnDi1gXY

Yeah, I just wish we had that in higher quality

Do you think he will evolve to look like this in the sequel?

This looks very similar to these things creatures

>It's Mary Sue insisting he is right episode

>Excuse me! I THINK it might be a giant animal!
>Ba-Baka, no animal has a temperature so high it can boil the sea
>It is an animal! I am right!

>Guys! The last meeting people were bounded by COMMON SENSE so they didn't produce any useful information. This time I want you to let go your common sense and embrace the IMPOSSIBILITY!

>I THINK it's powered by nuclear fission!
>B-baka, how can an animal has fission in its body...Ahhh radiation detected! I am so sorry Miss Mary Sue...

>B-Baka, if Godzilla is powered by fission he might seek fissile material
>I THINK you are wrong old bureaucrat! He doesn't eat anything!

>Professor Goro has a perculiar mind... It's impossible to solve his puzzle without ASSUMING what to look for... He doesn't eat anything.... I THINK he can TRANSUBSTANTIATE water and air into radioactive elements!!! HE CAN CREATE ENERGY OUT OF NOTHING!

>So sorry Mr and Mrs Mary Sue. We are old bureaucrats who cannot embrace the impossibility of creating energy out of nothing. We should be eliminated and you should take over.

He legit looks like a giant puppet.

Someone should make a fanedit with this webm so we have some extra ShinG footage placed somewhere in the film

SEND THE TRAIN BOMBS

youtube.com/watch?v=0h1_XuBChMc

When the trains were exploding into the air was probably the funniest part of the whole movie to me.

It's probably just Anno paying homage to Nausicaa again, instead of a serious sequel plan

How can a soundtrack be so pure?

Based Ifukube

Why the fuck do you stupid fags even want a sequel, if they add other monsters in it's turning into DBZ real fucking quick again with godzilla evolving 5 times every fucking monster.
And if they don't add monsters and go with the tail monsters then it's not a fucking kaiju movie anymore.
This was perfect as is.

No he doesn't you piece of shit. At least not that form.
The only one that looks real is the 4th . everything else is fucking cringe with how shit it looks

Nah he actually looks realistic there. Rewatch the film

Yeah I'd like the latter decision

>Godzilla and his skeletan monsters terrorizing more cities

It is perfect

Take your own advice cunt, i literally just got home from a 9:55 showing. 3rd viewing.
Kamata looks fucking fake up close, he looks good from far and when he transforms except for the weird fucking ripples.

This. I hope whatever the next godzilla film is completely different.

I hope so too

It's inevitable. All good things must complete its run of being run into shits

Can't imagine how hard Toho execs are rubbing their palms. they probably lose their palm prints now

>tfw expecting horror film about human futility and armageddon by monster but instead got a bretty funny political satire that took almost entirely in offices and meeting rooms

Turning water into new elements doesn't mean it's creating energy. They probably use the energy already hidden in the water. Like fusion.

That creature is from this short film he made years ago:

dailymotion.com/video/xzbpwg_giant-god-warrior-appears-in-tokyo_shortfilms

Just bought another ticket for tuesday.
I hope i get better seat. Also what's the easiest way to sneak in alcohol?

Toho controls the franchise and will hand your beloved Shin to Their Guy, along with the music, the characters, their actors, those carefully crafted government agencies, and every word they ever mentioned.

and exploit them good for at least ten years until it makes you sick just hearing the name Shin.

Heisei 1991 Godzilla vs King Ghidorah, 2nd would be 1964 Godzilla vs Mothra, then Final Wars, then its between shin Goji and 2014.

I don't care, i wouldn't watch them anyway.
I just don't understand how so many people actually want that to happen.

Anno likes to repeat himself so much it's sick

Music of the thread
vimeo.com/76828882

Anno's primal trauma of working under Miyazaki

Why are people calling Kamata-kun "She" and "her" all over tumblr? Is it some dumb head canon shit?

I just do it with a flask. Most of the teenagers working there don't give a shit either way, as long as you don't puke on the floor like some kind of amateur.

>Shin Godzilla
>ShinG
>Shinji
Bravo Anno

Why are people calling it Kamata-kun?

Why is it not Godzilla?

SHINJI GET IN THE FUCKING SHIN G

Because she's cute!

SHINJI GET IN THE KAIJU

>That CG
how

Because it's not godzilla?
And they call it that because that's where it made landfall. Pay attention i know more than one set of subs is super hard

It was a name made by Japanese fans because that form first appeared in Kamata ward. The form after that is similarly called Shinagawa-kun.

Kamata is the neighborhood in Tokyo where Form 2 makes landing.

I understood where the "Kamata" came from, I don't understand why it's not Godzilla.

it's a nickname user

He's adorable like a bird desu

I absolutely loved this movie. It's a shame that it only got a single showing in my city though, because I'd gladly throw more of my shekels at it.

>mfw first seeing that back in 2004
I knew that tuna head wasn't up to much

i wanna rub its belly

Shin, 2000, GMK, Final Wars

God-teir

I stand corrected.

>mfw the little fat fuck sees Godzilla kicking ass on tv and throws his Pokemon dolls into the fireplace out of sheer contempt

The comedic timing in this was pretty spot on too

>"... Uh, who were you addressing?"
>"WHAT. IT'S ON LAND?!"
>That quick pan of all the random people who signed up for the Goji research team

Fun fact
Ikari Shinji got his name because Anno and his pales decided to use Higuchi Shinji's name.

Now it's a global name for edgy emo homo white boy now

>comparing zombie movie to a kaiju movie

So how is this guy and what's his attitude of all this.

He seems to be a elite but has some chip on his shoulders.

He seems to have *normal* to moderate sadness for loss of lives and there is a heavy handed shot telling you it's not croc tears for media.

But his expression when Godzilla form 3 stood up was sick. He is a madman.

I am an Anno hater and I am proud

Just got back from seeing it, really enjoyed it. Feel like it needed more SMASH STOMP, but meh, minor complaint. Reading this thread, I'm amazed to see what was actually cgi. They really done good. Fuck I wish it wasn't a limited showing, I'd go see it again.

>Dat classic music
>Godzilla absolutely losing his shit

Fuck yeah

Kamata

Hell yeah, best kaiju

When I start my own nation I'm going to make Yashiori Strategy the national anthem.

This song is dope as fuck.

>God Warriors

Once again. Anno needs to adapt the Naussica manga.

This is my OTP.

IIRC this was Anno referencing a incident during the 2011 Tsunami where cabinet members complained about their takeout lunches being cold when they had to eat in their offices.

This as thousands were dying in the streets.

The incident probably rustled Anno quite a bit and helped inspire the film.

Anno way will Anno direct a sequel. He takes forever to do things and still has Eva 4.0. Toho won't wait 10 years for a sequel.

for you...

When his stage 2 form goes to stage 3 and he starts getting blurry I had no idea what the fuck was happening. Outside of that and the train bombs I didnt see anything too laughable.

It's a shitty effect to change its skin texture from one model to another.
They just didn't get that part right but everybody let it pass because Annozilla is a success

Am I a pleb for thinking this has the best human cast besides maybe 54? Everyone was so entertaining.

>at first meeting Minister of Defense sits at children's table
>"Hey SDF just use your weapon or torpedo and chase the creature away!"
>"Maybe we will let US military do this for us"

>Yellow monster is wrecking the streets
>Civilian leadership are still talking about which law to justify mobilization of troops

>Emergency is declared. Army in position. Yellow monster in crosshair
>The chief is weak minded and let it go

>Real Godzilla wrecking streets
>Civilian leadership cheers for the military, then the US military

>The leadership is kill
>Now MC sits in a base, and the military can talk to MC straight
>MC acknowlwgeds the contribution of the military in a morale speech

This is a movie about how Japan should treat its military

>best human cast
Perhaps not. But I agree that they serve their purpose in the movie.

The filmmakers simply ran out of time. There was supposed to be a large amount of practical effects, however, late into production Anno decided he didn't like how things were going and went full digital. Now the special effects team had much more digital work to do than they were expecting and all only got things to the point you see them by literally working until the last second and giving some sequences to lesser companies (thus the discrepancy in quality).

Nope.
Had to work every single fucking showing.
Have today off, and the theaters around me decide to suck cock, and not show it until tomorrow when I'm working again.

That's sad man. I know that feel but fortunately my theater decided to show it more often

>it's how it looked that good in some scenes but so awful in others
They had to outsource to other studios for some scenes which explains the roughness.

That sucks big time man. Sorry to hear that. Should be a rip soon I hope.

Take a day off. I requested two days off months ago

We had it in one theater, on one screen, one show a day :/ thank fuck I remembered to double check or I would have missed it.

Don't even want to see a rip.
This was finally going to be my chance to see a real Godzilla movie in the theater.
Most fucked up thing, every single showing started just before my shifts ended (15 minutes). Even on the weekend when I got out hours earlier

It is impossible to get every Godzilla movie in a single boxset in North America because the rights to the various movies are spread out among a half dozen companies.

That's true. But you can always hope that the follow up to this will have a western theater release as well. Although it probably won't be as good as Shin

Out of curiousity how many showings have been sold out and what kind of money is the movie pulling?

I've got lucky seeing it on opening night, but since then every showing since been completely sold out around me.

The Godzilla from Spacegodzilla is my favorite one

otherwise :
>G54
>LegendaryGoji
>G2000
>Mosugoji
>Finalgoji

Not even sure. I'd be extremely surprised if Godzilla sold out in my town.

The theatre I went to had absolutely no advertisement for Godzilla. No listing on the now playing chart and no posters. Like every movie had some sort of cardboard setup outside the room showing it except for Godzilla. Nevertheless, the movie had a pretty sizable crowd. The audience laughed when appropriate and seemed to have a good time. One guy was wearing a fedora.

When's dvd?

>I'm Godzilla and here to fuck shit up
>ahhhh save me grey worm!

Videodaikaiju.com

Why is everyone calling baby Godzilla Kamata-kun?

The area he comes ashore is called Kamata

The third form he takes also has a name too

Did anyone see it in Time Square? Was there saturday and sunday

>All of the Heisei designs, including Jr
>2014
>Shin
>1954
>GMK

Get a jacket with inside pockets

Cool, didn't realize that.

>every godzilla fighting each other
This when?

Shinagawa san

Am I the only one who think that Godzilla is too different from that yellow chicken fish thing?

I mean their face, teeth, skin, body shape, size...

that shot of all the office stuff sliding as the building falls is kino

It made $1 million US in only three days, in limited showings. That's pretty impressive.

Kamata-kun is to Godzilla what Charmander is to Charizard

These 2 sets are a good starting point for anyone trying to get into the series. You can get lucky sometimes at Wal-Mart and find them for $12-15 each.

Is it ever really explained how got to the bay in the first place?

Goro's DNA gave it the ability to go on land

I mean to where his first form appears.

Yeah I come to post this

And why did it come up the moment Professor Maki jumped?

Is it ever implied that Godzilla is Maki reincarnated?

like G2014 was Heisenberg reincarnated

I don't even think Goro is necessary. Remember, Godzilla evolves specifically in response to his needs and desires. He wanted to come ashore and his body adapted accordingly. Godzilla is a God incarnate because his potential for evolution is literally endless. Whatever threat you throw at him, he'll change to respond to it. And it's self-evolution, not over generations.

So Maki was mixed in with ShinG?

I think it's implied Maki knew Godzilla was coming. Then left all the bread crumbs to find before jumping in the bay and killing himself.

>It will never get a fresh certificate because you need at least 40 reviews for limited releases

JUST

>that manlet 1998 version

The narrator sounds just like Rei...

DESTROY

TOKYO

SHIN G

I hope it not too long, honestly thats one of the most hype endings to a godzilla movie ever. straight up continues the legacy of the first film, which is the horror of humanity coming back to haunt us. if godzilla wasn't enough, his deformed humanoid children will most definitely be.

i agree except for the "american" japanese chick

her english was trash and she really couldn't act that well.

anyone have a good stream for ShinG?

People are way too hard on Ms. Patterson. She was a little snobby at first, though I really liked her by the end. Especially her relationship with Yaguchi (protagonist).

Is it possible for Toho to extend the time that Shin is in theaters due to positive reception?

Funimation is in charge of North American distribution. Up to them.

If someone is from Spain, we will have a limited release in January 20th, subbed

>having such little faith in CGI

Yeah, it was a fun ride but shit like the one guy suddenly going "Origami... WE HAVE TO FOLD THE MAP" was just goofy

I'd like to believe you, but do you have a source? This would be the first news about showings in Europe.

Filmaffinity lists it as such.

>Kamata climbs on building
>Hiromi is good at playing with Godzilla
>building crashes

Consider that this movie is supposed to be a HUGE pot shot at the 2011 earthquake and tsunami.

>"I think Japan can get hit by an earthquake stronger than what we'd previously prepared for."
>"BAKA THAT'S PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE."
This is literally what happened. Japan's seawalls were set high enough to deal with what they thought was the strongest earthquake/tsunami physically possible. A geologist had new data that showed they could be hit by a stronger earthquake and he was ignored.

Cool, thanks user

Remember the map of the US bombing run strike zone and how it was so wide?
That scene is referencing how the US told its own citizens to stay FAR the fuck away from Fukushima.

How tf are there no camrips or torrents of this yet?

Nobody gives a fuck about Godzilla, but anime? Wow, anime movies man, you have them one week after release, look at Kimi no na wa.

Hope it's not too late for our thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=myqSETD5_bs

Shin made more than 90% of the Godzilla series in its run. Your Name is different since its already the top 5 biggest Japanese release in history.

Yet Godzilla is the second highest grossing Japanese film of the year. Behind only Your Name.

What I mean is out of Japan, you know, places where you can actually use a camera in a cinema and not get arrested.

This movie is pretty fantastic. Will Mothra ever return?

>Will Mothra ever return?

Yeah, in the next Legendary film.

Holy shit I had no idea that they got the rights to Rodan, and King Ghidora as well. Makes me kind of optimistic for Godzilla 2

>tfw no Shin Mothra

Post more cute Gojira-chan.

its kind of odd tough. they're going for the DAM sequel. Its not bad, but It will feel rushed

At least Mr Black Turban is gone.

I hated the design of that monster.

Oh fug we gotta wait for a Godzilla 2 to be made first before King Kong Vs Godzilla comes out.. may have to wait until 2023

>may have to wait until 2023
Wasn't the vs Kong rematch slotted for 2020?

Well.. Kong: Skull Island is out next year. Godzilla 2 wont be out in 2019. It will be out in 2020 I bet.

Therefore Kong V G wont be out until at least 2022.

UNLESS Kong V G comes out before Godzilla 2 but I doubt.

Btw my dream before I die is to see ShinG V Legendary. Please make this happen

The dates they've released say G2 in 2019 and GvKK 2020. I guess they're planning on having different crews and studios work on each movie which kind of sucks.

Shin Godgilla

I dont really like the director of the 2014 movie with the way he handled things so this is a good choice.

If Anno doesnt come back for a ShinG 2 then he should work on one of these American movies because he is such a talented visionary artist.

I dont mean director cos that would be hard since these are American films BUT get him to help out somehow!

His first form.

>tfw the guy who comitted suicide at the beginning of the film saw this right before he drowned.

>When asked by an audience member if there would be a sequel, Anno replied, "It's not for me to decide. Ask TOHO."

>When the question was asked again, this time to the actors, Hiroki Hasegawa stated, "I'd want to do [a sequel]. I went to see the movie two times. Watching it with the audience was the only time I felt that the movie was really done. There was such a sense of unity that I didn't feel it was me acting on the screen, and that was really fun." Similarly, Satoru Matsuo replied, "I'd want to do a sequel. I want to see it." Issei Takahashi replied, "I hope they'd let me participate in a sequel. It was fun being with everyone on set, and I really want to do that again."

>In response to all of this, Anno said, "As for me, I'm good." He added, "It'd be more interesting if they changed directors. TOHO won't let me do it. There'd be a lot of difficulties."

where can I download ShinG
and where can i find all the godzilla discografy?

2014 is just best dude...i just hope they learn from shin and the sequel is on bright day

Going to see it tomorrow night by myself since my friends are all normies.

No godzilla is for children

Good ears and you are right.

What else does he want Jesus.

Personally I thought the bombing of Tokyo thing a throw back to WWII and invasion of Bhgdad

The theory there's godzilla ate e science man on the yacht. He absorbed not only his ability to survive on land but also his intellect and godzilla was that dude reborn

It would fit into annos past themes. Eva unit 01 was shinjis mom reborn Into a monster

I always thought his first form was a catfish

>taller than nearly 2/3 of all Godzilla designs
>manlet

Surprisingly, he's not as small as he seems.

u can find most o f the classics here for godzilla and so on
there use to e one for gamera as well
seedpeer.eu/details/3692528/Monster-Kaiju-Pack--Godzilla-Gamera-Mothra--PhattPack.html

Yeah real funny how 2014 is an in film shot and 2016 is a promotional shot that's far far more detailed than it actually is in the movie

Anno you clever bastard.

also this pack has all the godzilla movies in hd besides a few which are dubbed but the main ones are in hd format.

but doesn't have other monster movies
thepiratebay.org/torrent/15396867/Godzilla_Complete_Boxset_(Plus_bonus_material)

They say in the movie that Godzilla is made up of 12 different kinds of DNA, and based off of the last shot, it's safe to assume one of those is human. I don't think the science dude got eaten, I think he got absorbed into whatever amalgamation of flesh and radiation was down in the bay. It explains the human evolution growing on the tail, plus it explains why Godzilla kept showing up to fuck up Tokyo. It inherited the hatred that the scientist felt for the country after what happened to his wife. It puts a neat body horror spin on the design that I like, and it gives new meaning to the message he left on the boat, basically saying "good fucking luck, do whatever."

Im gonna be fucking pissed if this doesn't get the Foreign nomination at the AA next year.
I know they're a joke now but I fell ShinG really deserves it.

a anti-american godzilla movie getting nominated in america, yeah not happening

>any sci-fi monster movie
>getting an oscar nomination
>ever

She was a fun character, and the actress did a good job with the non-english parts of the role. I dunno if bilingual actresses are in short supply or what, but to be fair it wouldn't stand out anywhere near as much to a Japanese audience

all foreign films are anti-American on some level.

so are the Academy voters.

>anti-american godzilla movie
I didn't pay attention to the movie: the post

America was portrayed as genuinely looking to do the right thing, but in doing so they're too controlling of Japan, not letting it make any decisions of its own. But by the end, America helps to stall the Nuke deadline that Russia and China are springing for, and they play a crucial part in defeating the monster with the drones that deplete its lasers.

>movie won't do well with the academy because it's anti-american

do you realize who the people that run the academy are?

>1954 film ends with a scientist drowning himself
>Shin begins immediately after a scientist has drowned himself
anno does it again

There's nothing the Academy loves more than Anti-Americanism. Remember Fahrenheit 9/11? Apocalypse Now?

I totally support taking a creative angle on the disaster. It's the Marry Sue I have problem with.

Godzilla is a greate allegory for not just A-bomb, but also for the natural disasters Japanese have to live with. I get that.
I also understand that a disaster movie must have Heros and victory over the disaster

But bitching about the government, complaining how they failed dealing with THE IMPOSSIBLE, while letting "your guy" come up with SOLUTION TO THE IMPOSSIBLE, that's op Marry Sue.

I hate Anno and I am proud of it.

Godzilla wasn't really anti-American, here's the political outlook of the movie:

US
>Overbearing protector that Japan needs to address as an equal, not a subordinate. They help out against Godzilla even in the end, but are ultimately looking out for their own interests. The fact the main chick is an American official and shown very sympathetically is telling. Anno stresses deep ties with the US but not as a colonial subject

Russia & China
>The true enemies of Japan. The only countries that behave 100% against Japan's interests in the film

France & Germany
>Other friends of Japan that Japan should not forget. Japan should stress ties with friendly nations besides the US

Anno's politics are essentially center-right Liberal Democrat Party.

So is ShinG coming to spain or will i have to wait until someone rips it or records it?
Been waiting since it came out on Japan

I keep forgetting to mention how I hate that they used old sounds. Not only does it sound bad, tge new Godzilla loses its individuality. Pretty much every Godzilla has its own roar, except for this one. I was really looking forward to hearing it's real roar, thinking they were using the old one in the trailers just to hype the reveal.

To add though, ultimately the foreign political commentary in the movie was secondary. This was first and foremost a statement against the old bureaucracy in Japan in the wake of the 2011 Tsunami. Everything else is an afterthought

Evangelion was very much a similar message, but on a more personal/familial level. All the older characters act like complete shit and manipulate the children into torment. The last line of the original series is congratulating the children of the new generation.

Your ears broken?

regardless of the quality of it overall, I really liked how they handled his roar in the 2014 movie.