youtube.com/watch?v=aJnw7uCaxhc
youtube.com/watch?v=fZZloOPRnQ8
youtube.com/watch?v=hOyiK2rO1pc
youtube.com/watch?v=BKIgv8AhffA
youtube.com/watch?v=_5VIYQw22YI
youtube.com/watch?v=51oEk21ax5A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=r1j9LVVUiFg

Gonna seem like a weird answer but Prancing Pony. It's the first taste of adventure outside of the Shire, encounters the shady Strider character, a wee bit of helplessness when they find out Gandalf isn't coming, all in this tavern the hobbits must feel so out of place in, and we get the first glimpse of the physical power of the ring while in the hands of Frodo.

i.imgur.com/T9CBQ.gif

youtube.com/watch?v=EmTz7EAYLrs

starts at 2.30

I will never stop loving these movies. Everything about them is just so wonderful. It takes me back to a wonderful time and always inspires me to hope for better days ahead. Not to sound too cringeworthy, but some movies can have such an impact on your life that they become intertwined with your emotions and your memories.

I can't pick a favourite scene, they simply all work together as a fantastic patchwork of storytelling.

One scene that particularly stands out to me is when Frodo is leaving the fellowship to head on to Mordor on his own. He has completely lost faith in people, as Boromir just tried to steal the ring and everybody seems consumed by it. Yet the bond of friendship prevails as his old friend Sam-Wise refuses to leave Frodo's side. Sam isn't immune to fear, but he faces it with bravery out of loyalty for his friend. Frodo does not have to suffer alone. Their destinies are linked.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Kg_CTJP6w

The Ride of the Rohirrim

youtube.com/watch?v=Rag_9J1ZC2g

youtube.com/watch?v=W1fzzkZdU-8

That whole song (Breaking of the Fellowship) is probably the best song on the whole soundtrack, closely followed by The White Tree and Concerning Hobbits

>witnessed

when i was a kid, the siege of gondor

now it's probably the whole first movie

The sequence starting as they enter moria and ending as gandalf falls/they enter lothlorien
Honourable mention for the pass of caradhras
youtube.com/watch?v=iN1ahA0tfWY

that one long tracking shot at amon hen was nice

amon hen is underrated as a fight scene because it doesnt have the same scale, but aragorn talking with frodo then facing off about 50 orcs and the death or boromir are easily two of the best scenes

DEAAAAAAAAAAAATH

youtube.com/watch?v=Z6XicBBN1l4

>when i was a kid, the siege of gondor
>the siege of gondor
>gondor

>The trilogy is 13 years old
Like butter scraped thin over too much bread...

youtube.com/watch?v=WskRAEggqkQ

*chews loudly*

Although Fellowship is my favourite, Return of the King is just packed with great scenes.

But no scene releases emotions as much as this one. It's impossible for me to maintain a poker face through this. youtube.com/watch?v=rBtzudk40pE

youtube.com/watch?v=k6C8SX0mWP0

youtu.be/k6C8SX0mWP0
Sam's speech in TTT
It always resonated with me for some reason

youtube.com/watch?v=Ryy5U2mNTJU

This thread has made me sad at how much they fucked up The Hobbit

youtu.be/EfoU0R2v1Io

this, fellowship is the best overall self contained story, but return of the king (extended especially) has many mindblowing scenes. It suffers from some poor pacing and editing but is still a masterpiece.

THIS IS A PINT

spooked me really bad first time i saw it.

youtube.com/watch?v=4ndIywcE9aQ

Yet hope remains while the company is true.

youtube.com/watch?v=aJnw7uCaxhc

Literally the only good scene from The Hobbit, because it comes pretty much straight from the books.

youtube.com/watch?v=fZZloOPRnQ8

youtube.com/watch?v=hOyiK2rO1pc

The Hobbit had plenty of good scenes. It was the filler in-between those scenes that ruined it

youtube.com/watch?v=BKIgv8AhffA

If you don't tear up you have no soul

Maybe not favorite, but Theoden was great

youtube.com/watch?v=_5VIYQw22YI

from 1:00 or so
youtube.com/watch?v=51oEk21ax5A