Why don't any voice actors ever make it onto the actual silver screen?

Why don't any voice actors ever make it onto the actual silver screen?

I understand that not all of them can get roles, but seriously not ONE acclaimed voice actor is able to get even a supporting role in a movie or even a TV show?

*parp*

>that doesn't look like hila in the slightest.

Ashley Johnson who voiced Ellie in The Last of Us is on some crime-or-whatever show. I think she was originally a child actor, though, so that might not count.

It is an interesting thought. You would think that you would see some of the big ones in bit television roles occasionally.

Because they are hammy over-actors.

Not suited to rl.

Tom Kenny is pretty funny in live action, Don't know why he didn't do it more

>famous actor gets a voice actor role
>it's basically just the actor playing him/herself reading lines

makes me appreciate actual good voice acting jobs done by actual actors. like kiefer sutherland doing venom

Have you ever met a DJ from your local radio station? The phrase "A face made for radio" comes to mind. You're casting for voice tallent, not looks.

Even then there are plenty that ride the line. The guy who did spongebob's voice has shown up in plenty of tv shows and movies. Never as a main character, but hes fucking there.

Patrick Warburton shows up in some films, mostly as a side character like in Men in Black II but that's something.

OP's image is clearly Laura Bailey

shit b8 m8

stfu

Isn't John DiMaggio an actor as well as a voice actor?

Elizabeth Daly was in some great stuff in the 80s
>Streets of Fire
>Better Off Dead
>Pee Wee's Big Adventure

Laura Bailey is so beautiful

I have the weirdest fantasy where I fuck her in the ass and pull her hair while she moans out and talks dirty in her kid Trunks voice.

Does that make me gay?

Yeah, Man!!!
>scratch another grub!!!!

He's also staunchly anti-trump. We don't talk about him around here, redditor.

THE NOSE KNOWS

cause most like doing voice acting. a lot of VA's in Vancouver do live-action stuff on the side or stage theatre in addition.

as a Canadian, I've seen Garry Chalk (Optimus Primal in Beast Wars) appear in the most live-action productions filmed in Vancouver.

He got to be in Godzilla 2014 along with Bryan Cranston.

Yeah she's on the show with Jamie Alexander.

DiMaggio has done a few live-action roles. I remember seeing him in an episode of Modern Family.

Another good example here.

Tara Strong did some live-action roles also.

>Garry Chalk (Optimus Primal in Beast Wars)
I rewatched this show recently and holy shit it's fucking great. One of the best scifi shows of the 90s.

>as a Canadian

mate I was born here, I didn't get to choose it.

hell yeah.

John Kassir and Dwight Schultz do both, though I think they both started out mainly as screen actors

To be fair, that image is about three years out of date.

There hasn't been discussion on Cred Forums or Cred Forums in general for a long time.

Trevor from GTA is on WESTWORLD

Because voice acting doesn't necessarily translate into live acting?

Because voice acting is an incredibly cushy and low stress job comparatively?

I'd rather make comfy bank in a lax voice acting gig than celebrity-level jewbucks in an incredibly stressful job that requires me to stay in very specific shape for a role and endure thousands of hours of extra mind-numbing prepwork in makeup, costume, retakes, dealing with the drama of coworkers, press junkets, etc.

So maybe ambition plays a factor as well?

thank you for being a Nimble American

trump is reddit

She was the bitchy daughter in What A Woman Wants.

I bet she uses her mouth with quite some talent.