Why do normies like this show so much?

Why do normies like this show so much?

Dude anyone can die, it's so revolutionary.
RIP Ned Stark, the hero Westeros needed, but didn't want.
Jon Snow is Azor Ahai, calling it now.

Because they have no taste obviously

>le not afraid to kill people meme
>le stronk womyn meme
>le high production quality meme
>le not afraid to show sex and fags and penis meme
>le mammaries meme
the show has no meaning anymore, they should have quit after the red wedding basically

Its a good show, even though S5 was shit
The thing is imo, that most fans appreciate it for the wrong reasons

From watching a few episodes with my friends, it seems that they like that it is EPIC. and like & said anyone can die, whjich serves as a pseudo emotional-tie to the characters

Season 6 was bad except 2 episodes.

Any fantasy that doesn't look ridiculously childish will be popular. Normies also love LOTR.

So what shows DO you contrarian faggots actually like?

>"normies"

cringed

not OP, but come on buddy, this is fuckign Cred Forums

Yeah true just wanted to point out that 5 was the worst

It's weird how 'contrarians' go on about how The Sopranos is perfect and Twin Peaks is Cred Forums, when they are universally acclaimed by pretty much everybody.

What are you implying, besides the fact that you cringe about one of the most frequent terms used on the board youre obviously browsing?

>buddy
stick to your pedospam

because it's kind of like a more accessible LOTR TV show. plus it's got lots of tits and ass

(and it's HBO)

What you're missing is that the "universal acclaim" does not extend to the ending of the Sopranos.

Shows that maintain a consistent level of quality

So none.

True Detective season 2

"contrarians" don't exist. For if you can't please everyone all the time, and Cred Forums is popular enough to have a representative sample of "everyone," and negative criticism is more fun to write than praise, that means there will never be anything that is unanimously praised on Cred Forums.

mad men
deadwood
the sopranos
twin peaks
the shield
the wire
the knick (so far)
true detective (s1)

Floppy weiners. Duuuuh. Are you retarded or just an aspie virginfag?

There's nothing contrarian about liking actually good shows like The Sopranos and Mad Men.

Those shows are loved and will continue to be loved for decades. Game of Thrones on the other hand will not age well at all.

You used to see it used here and there but the use of the term has blown up over the last year or so. Make of that what you will.
Even if everyone is saying it, "normie" is still cringe cancer, like "sheeple"

>Game of Thrones on the other hand will not age well at all.
Why do you say that?

>"contrarians" don't exist
>on Cred Forums
ay lmao

Because it's not a great show, essentially. Look at Friends.

No one is going crazy about Friends anymore, because it just wasn't that good. Meanwhile, Seinfeld is still revered as highly as ever.

good post. I hate how many people fail to understand that this is an anonymous website where people lie constantly. What's the Cred Forums banner again? Something like: Only a fool would take the things said on here seriously.

cool strawman buddy

A small amount of retards have a problem with the ending. The Sopranos is still universally acclaimed.

Tits, ass, brutal violence, twists and lots of intrigue.

It's literally full of casual bait.

Maybe by critics, but I know plenty of teens/early 20 year olds that love Friends. I think Comedy Central UK shows Friends 50% of the time. It goes on for hours.

None of that sounds bad though.

>twists
You mean things that can be anticipated many episodes before they happen, but dudebros don't pay attention to and miss.

t. someone who skipped the "battle of the bastards" because I didn't want to watch a 1-hour battle scene that looks hopeless for Jon until CIA arrives with his new army and routs the flayed men.

No, but that alone is enough for a casual to love a show. The story is irrelevant if it has those things. The characters are irrelevant as long as those things happen, etc.

I enjoy them too, but without a good story and well written characters to boot, I can't consider it good.
Yes, I should've put it within quotation marks. Any plot development that is obfuscated to the masses put painfully obvious to anyone paying attention.

I really liked the first 4 seasons of game of thrones and I like westworld so far.

>Stupid meta "lottery" for when the author's going to kill off characters and render entire plot threads meaningless for no reason
>meandering plot that keeps on promising that it'll end satisfactorily, despite no evidence that this will be the case
>stronk womyn
>edgy tits and violence and swearing makes them think they're watching a big boy show, offsetting the magic trees and cartoon dragons
>has gays in it 10/10
>Childish drama where PEOPLE TALK AGGRESSIVELY AND EMPHASISE. EVERY. WORD. TO. SHOW. EMOTION.
>Now does the Sherlock writing trick where every discussion looks like it was intended to be turned into a tumblr gif

>contrarian
*cringes*

you're probably right with what you're saying but friends is a bad example

>next season is going to be the last season
Feels weird man

good riddance. If its going to ignore so much of the book they should end it as soon as possible

>bitching about meaningless plot threads when literally all that matters is the fact a giant undead army is going to destroy the entire world

>Look at Friends.
It was a sitcom. Thus trash.

>literally all that matters is the fact a giant undead army is going to destroy the entire world
>majority of show is comprised of meaningless plot threads

>implying they'll ever reach the wall
Supposedly it's been a grave threat since the end of what, Season 2? But it wasn't until Season 4 or 5 that they finally made progress in that plot point.

and that's the type of shit normies orgasm all over themselves for.

>omg everything was so pointless and meaningless just like life so deep ecksdee

the "meaningless plot" about rival houses with rich histories fighting each other is what was interesting. Without that it would just be medieval the walking dead

>omg everything was so pointless and meaningless just like life so deep ecksdee
>teehee, I just watch it for the tits and hot guys

>tfw the masses will convert the nihilism in your lifetime, but it will be the sort of pointless nihilism that leads only to hedonism

>cringed
barboozle

If only.
That would remove the awful plotlines surrounding Daeneries the cunt, Arya the pointless, and Jon Snow fucking primitives.

... uh, yo, that happened like 20 years ago.

More like 134 years ago.

No.
The 90s still felt emotions about the state of events. They were a reaction to them, while today no one reacts because no one cares.

Yeah that's what made the books so interesting, a feudal society that has lasted for millenia, direct lineages of great houses, like the Starks, going back 10,000 years.

peep show is a sitcom

Is "normie" just a code for "not being a bitter loser on the internet" at this point?