B.A.N 10/10

The episode that made Atlanta go from a good show to a GOAT show.

Every single moment of this episode was packed with hilarious on point satire and social commentary without a single second of the 24 minute runtime lost.

Is this Glovers magnum opus?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5p0QtJMKt1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sup Donald.

Glover has zero talent.

Not a good actor.

Not a good writer.

Not a good rapper.

>FX show
>not total doshit

lmao back to your capeshit thread, kid

it was a pretty great episodes, one of the best bits of tv I've seen in a while.

This episode strengthend my loathing of america with their shitty Tim & Eric style adverts and boring talk shows. Like I get that this was a parody but it made me realise that this type of trash is actually a common thing in your media

I liked it but the part where the guest and interviewer kept nodding in silence for a full 45 seconds really took me out of it. The show is surreal but that was just silly and out of place.

But it IS parody. Probably inspired by Tim & Eric. I mean the only ads we have that are actually Tim & Eric-esque are the Old Spice commercials that were literally directed by them. The Dodge Charger commercials were parodying the way commercials are tailored to black people on channels like BET. The cereal commercial was a Trix parody with commentary on police brutality.

Post an ad from your country.

why do you keep making these threads

I guess I'm in the minority, it was a great idea but the execution was weak. Paper Boi's role was just to scoff at other people being ridiculous but he never expresses himself to an extent that he could potentially be ridiculed too. As a satire/social criticism it felt very overt and one sided, while still being extremely vague compared to how they've vigorously broken down Paper Boi's perspective on his lifestyle in other episodes.

Yeah at times it broke the reality too much just make a Tim and Eric-style joke

Im more referring more to the spiritual one with the bad green screen. I guess in real life this would apply more to like local low budget advertisements, but in Europe you dont see that kind on tv. More like those car commercials

chill out.

I really liked the episode, but you dont gotta get the dick all the way to the back of your throat about it.

Man the part where Paperboi started laughing at the white black guy was hilarious. Then he went and agreed that transgendered people should be banned from the neighbourhood like a typical suburban white male was the icing on the cake. What an amazing episode.
>Show me your selection of craft beers

>we'll be right back music
>divorced dodge guy pantless
>systems engineer for coca cola
>"you hate women" "...nigga what?"

I physically laughed throughout this episode

"Freedom of speech bitch."

That segment of him shutting down the SJW proponent who is worried about "problematic talking/lyrics" should be sent to every single college student today.

>Is this Glovers magnum opus?

It's not like his work is that extensive outside of 30 Rock and making rap about literal memes

you now know that B.A.N. is an acronym for "bitch ass nigga".

You realize, of course, the first amendment only protects the individual from government reprisal as a result of stating a belief or opinion. So saying "i don't believe you should have freedom of speech" is also protected by freedom of speech.

Not to meniton the constitution wasn't structured to account for non-nation entities with more power and influence than nations.

FX is GOAT basic cable programming
>The Americans
>Louie
>Atlanta
>Always Sunny
>You're the Worst
>Archer (kind of a meme, uses a bit too much self-referential humor for my taste but it used to be pretty entertaining compared to everything else on TV)

It really wasn't that great of an argument, it just caters to what you believed already

loved it. great episode.

>Glover has zero talent.
>Not a good actor.
>Not a good writer.
>Not a good rapper.
Hi, Drake

There was nothing "Tim & Eric" about this. Especially in the 90s, the TV was full of ads for psychic hotlines, and this was a dead-on parody.

yeah you can say you don't believe I should have freedom of speech. doesn't mean my inflammatory statements or your chastising of them are not allowed.

Only difference is you're trying to downplay the notion while i'm just practicing it.

It is a good argument because people who are too overtly sensitive need to be able to understand that peoples words and opinions shouldn't be coddled to their worldview.

Freedom to say and express yourself however you want is not invalided by hurt feelings.

why did you repost this?

it was a good episode of tv within the last week, what's wrong with posting it.

better than the 47 daily star wars pasta.

This, if they're gonna say it ripped off anyone than least point out that Chappelle did it first, and if not him than most likely In Living Color.

Also I was wondering if maybe the Harrison segment reporter was a shout out to Nathan Fielder, since his name was Nathan Wielder.

Im not attacking the episode itself, but just the fact that it made me realize that those hotlines ads are so abundant in US media that its worthy of parody

It was amazing I agree. I love the show and I fucking hate black people

It was entertaining when he was insulting her about the Transgender issues. Other then that like others said it felt too close to Tim and Eric style skit writing only with weaker adverts, which pulled away from the interview with paperboy(the part I found the best)

Please stop comparing this to Tim & Eric. Those fuckers are just lolsorandum retards that only get lucky when they have decent comedic actors performing their dreck. This entire episode was deliberate and pointed social satire all the way through, end of story.

>close to Tim and Eric style skit writing only with weaker adverts

>weaker adverts
Not so. The only reason you think this is right is because you have never watched ads targeted specifically to black people. Razor-sharp parody

>the only other TV show I know is "Tim & Eric" so I'm gonna compare everything else to it

Tim and Eric became popular (at least to a niche group of people) because of their lack of serious subject or the need to cover serious polictical agendas from episode to episode. If you grew up on the 80's or n90's you would understand that they mostly are parodying the talk show host that were common in that day. This Advert of theirs was immensely funnier in my opinion then the adverts Donald put in his episode. youtube.com/watch?v=5p0QtJMKt1s

The ep was okay but I feel its a waste of Hiro Murai, as it doesnt take much artistic skill to imitate a commercial

Weak one-dimensional characters, non-existent plot and crude satire, even from a foreigner's perspective. Very mediocre show, I don't get the hype.

I only brought it up because other anons did, other recent examples include Mr. Robot's sitcom episode or something like between two ferns, christ so defensive.

I thought it was a pretty obvious homage, same with the commercial cue music being the same as Eric Andre's

C'mon, the 30 seconds of dead air before the IRL commercial, the awkwardly halted interview, and the fuzzing VHS effects of the psychic commercial were 100% Tim and Eric. Even if they're mocking the same source material T&E did it first in a very similar way over a decade ago.

There's no helping these people.

Very insightful of you

>If someone else talked about the same issue, they are trying to be that.

Nobody said that, just the influence was too obvious and sort of took away from the creative voice the show had in the previous 6 episodes. Doing what you're saying would be like dismissing Atlanta because Chappelle's Show mocked black culture extensively already, boiling it down to one broad similarity and not the very specific one tying this episode to the T&E writing style

And I realized after I posted that Nathan For You and Eric Andre Show are both made by T&E production company, another clear sign of influence if he's referencing those shows.

with or without irony
watching this type of shit is depressing