Where should I start watching if I want to get into Power Rangers? Which is the best series?

Where should I start watching if I want to get into Power Rangers? Which is the best series?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fza3e4mGgMw
youtube.com/watch?v=qfiWmOth6Bk
youtube.com/watch?v=gebZB-k3XF8
youtube.com/watch?v=KtPnz8EF0vA
youtube.com/watch?v=HNxfug6grVc
youtube.com/watch?v=Be8ea7NxgEE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You don't

You grow up

If you watched it when you were young, watch the same shows for the memory trip

If not, don't watch it

>he said on his Vietnamese Dog-Fighting Board

you're 23 years too late

How about from the first season, you stupid fuck?

You can't get into power rangers as an adult. You have to get into that shit at a very young age or you're a fucking weirdo. That's why no one over the age of 35 gives the slightest fuck about the new movie.

I mean, I just watched MMPR on flix again out of nostalgia value, and checked some other series. But, there's no appeal in it if you weren't into it as a little kid growing up.

And probably owned the Dragon with Green Ranger.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers up till start of Alien Rangers(AVOID Alien Rangers at all costs)

(Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie = Must Watch for Ivan Ooze)

Power Rangers Zeo

Avoid Power Rangers Turbo & Turbo! A Power Rangers Movie at all costs

Power Rangers in Space through Power Rangers Time Force

Avoid Power Rangers Wild Force at all costs

Power Rangers Ninja Storm through Power Rangers S.P.D.

Never Seen any of these from beginning to end so have no opinion currently:
Power Rangers Mystic Force
Power Rangers Operation Overdrive
Power Rangers Jungle Fury
Power Rangers RPM

Power Rangers Samurai & Super Samurai through Power Rangers Megaforce & Super Megaforce

Saban's Power Rangers(Big Budget Studio Gritty/Dark Reboot)

Vietnamese dog fighting is a bloody sport that should not be witnessed or discussed by children.

Mighty Morphin
Lightspeed
Time Force
Wild Force
Forever Red
Dino Thunder

Ignore everything else

Reminder that there are a lot of people who think that gritty power rangers short film is actually good.

I haven't seen about half of these, but of the ones I have seen they pretty much fall in line with my views

The concensus in this thread is that you can't get into Power Rangers as an adult. RPM is the only one on the "god tier" that I haven't seen. Having seen the others, would I be able to appreciate it or should I stay away?

Ftr, I've seen MMPR, Turbo, In Space, Lost Galaxy, Lightspeed Rescue, Time Force, Dino Thunder and SPD

When I was a kid I liked Mighty Morphin and Lost Galaxy. A bit later I'd catch a few episodes of the one where Tommy came back as the black ranger and it was okay. I don't see how grown people can sit through entire seasons of this shit though.

>implying power rangers was good in the first place

I was watching that ivan ooze film recently (something I remembered with fondness) and it was depressing how terrible it was.

The only person I know who enjoys power rangers in their adulthood is my uncle with downs syndrome.

MMPR is the roughest one to sit through. It's rigid formula of recycling footage/music/jokes is so painfully obvious it actually made me feel sick after a long marathon. Of course they all did it but it got better with every new series, at least up to Space because that's as far as I went.

pretty much this, I remember cringing as a kid at Power Rangers

Both of the movies are terrible, especially because they were based on two of the worst seasons

That wasn't my point.

Also In Space is actually somewhat good.

Honestly, I felt in space was the best it got.
Dark shit, people dying, fucked up experiments on kids, zordon murdered in the finale...

Time force is a extremely close second.

Draggonzord!

You really should just go full Tokusatsu instead. Much better material to chose from.
youtube.com/watch?v=fza3e4mGgMw

RPM has all that plus the apocalypse (minus Zordon, of course)

If you didn't watch it as a kid it means nothing.

neo genesis eva

C'mon, just have fun
youtube.com/watch?v=qfiWmOth6Bk

RPM felt like they went from
>dark, oh shit its all ending and crashing down on us
to
>Look at all the bright colors and shiny, plastic toy like toys!

• Mighty Morphin
• Dino Thunder
• Space

>t. 80s kid who grew up in the 90s and wasn't a bitch nigga

Atleast this list has Space and Dino Thunder ranked really high.

That was awful.

youtube.com/watch?v=gebZB-k3XF8

youtube.com/watch?v=KtPnz8EF0vA

youtube.com/watch?v=HNxfug6grVc

youtube.com/watch?v=Be8ea7NxgEE

>Justice is an abstract ideological concept, we deal with tangible realities, not justice. You want Justice? Read a comic book.

woah

Surprisingly deep for a childrens show, but you'd be kidding yourself if the rest isn't brain melting garbage.

that's a nice waifu, user

She married the Green Ranger from her season

Nah, time force was much better than RPM

They're tied for 1st IMO

I had missed MMPR as a kid because I didn't have enough tv channels when I was a kid. So a little more than a year ago I tried to get into MMPR into the first season on Netlfix which I didn't even finish because realize how the two idiots were annoying enough to make me drop the show. Then I got into Kamen Rider better.

Power Rangers is like Star Trek: the first series is terrible but later versions got better

Mighty morphin is objectively best power rangers.

No No NO

Get over your nostalgia

>know for the past 5 years that with the trend of "remake everything" that Power Rangers was coming eventually
>get super hyped for the Power Rangers remake
>it's just Chronicle

What gets me is... Is this the first time something's been remade while the show is still running?

>Is this the first time something's been remade while the show is still running?

Power Rangers Dino Charge currently airing is based on Kyoryuger, while both MMPR and the upcoming movie are based on Zyuranger.

It's really not the same thing.

It's the same show, just different seasons. My question was referring to both Dino Charge and Ninja Steel airing during the production and release of the movie.

Did Star Trek TNG come out while the OS movies were around?

>It's the same show, just different seasons

And different casts.

and different directors.

and different themes.

Again, the movie is based on something from 20 years ago, don't pretend to be stupid.

Not that long ago some guy posted very detailed posts describing each one...he had all kinds of information and his recommended order of viewing

Power Rangers is a lot like Dragon Ball Z in that its not good, has some cool fights, and over a very long period of time can build up to big moments. After the continuity ended and they became disconnected that ended, but it was never good. The best is Power Rangers in Space, but its not as good when judged on its own as apposed to the end of an era.

/thread

ignore what I said.

I dont like RPM, I liked it at first but after like ten episodes it stops having a core plot and the episodes become more and more disconnected and less dramatic. Time Force and in Space usually had each episode contribute something to the story, especially in Space. Or if it didn't the villains were actually trying to accomplish something. Speaking of villains, Astronema is the best and Venjix is just terrible.

I stopped watching around lightspeed rescue.

Is that the one with the fucking dog commander and shit?

Reading RPM's synopsis is pretty hype though, sounds like legit sci-fi if but derivative. Is it actually good?

Can confirm MMPR is shit, though. Pure nostalgia. If you actually try and sit through and watch it you'll shut that shit off fast.

I enjoy Power Rangers as an adult but I see how its just another kids show. Just saying, compare that to any other sitcom aimed at children and it doesn't stand out as bad.

They have to base everything off the Japanese show, which like all Japanese stuff is bombastic and retarded. Despite that the studio wanted something more all ages, so the clash is inherent. With Power Rangers thats always a reoccurring theme.

>it's a 'blue ranger confronts his father's killer' episode
>it's a 'blue ranger puts manlet red ranger in his place' episode
>it's a 'taking a Lightspeed Rescue episode but doing it better' episode

SPD was better than I remember.

Its not exactly the same since the show is still running, but it's half japanese. This isn't just a remake, its like a remake and "american Godzilla" mix.

I tried watching this but the action ruined it for me. The fights are just terrible, they use so many explosions and slow motion. A vs B squad should be an epic moment like the Psycho Rangers and instead its a laser tag game.

SPD has the dog commander, not RPM. He would be retarded if his costume wasnt so cool.

You say that, but I've been binge rewatching MMPR.

It has aged like milk. Goats milk in fact.

Can't do it sorry. The later ones just added cheap gimmicks.

Be glad Disney remade the costume.
Commander Kruger looks far worse in dekaranger.

Well, Go-Onger (Japanese RPM) was more cartoony and comedy-focused than most seasons (Carranger/Turbo being the same way), but since it was supposed to be the final season (it was, for about one year), Disney decided to just let the creative team do whatever, so they came up with Power Rangers meets Terminator

You can see why those two ideas would clash. I still think the in-universe explanation for those designs was kinda tragic

He says defending the series that added pajama superpowers, the metallic armor, shark cycles for all of two episodes and the alien rangers of aquitar.

Picture, thousand words, etc.

The metallic armor lasted about four episodes too and literally only existed to sell surplus metallised action figures from the movie product range.
But sure. Not a cheap gimmoick at all!

>ctrl f
>sentai
>0 results

nigga do you even know what power rangers is. they literally take all the ranger scenes from the super sentai show and then reshoot all the scenes with actual actors.

where do you think you are right now?

We know

Three posts up is a a picture of Doggie Kruger as he appears in Dekaranger. A little further up still a comparison is being made between GoOnger and RPM and you give ToQ-Oh an erection.
The word may not have shown up, but we are discussing it.

good, i often get the feeling people are not aware of it

The second people saw Rita Repulsa's bad dubbing they knew.

>There will never be an American adaptation of ToQger.
>There will never be an American Orange Ranger

Ah well, there's always IMAGINAAAATION!!!

>Forgetting about Boom

Well, fuckballs.
I had in fact purged all memory of him.
Thanks for sullying my memory of SPD.

I'd say he doesn't count because dream sequence, but then again, we're also talking about a series set on a train powered by imagination.

I think this is turning me furry.

Oh just wait until you see the current sentai

You wouldn't be the first.

I'm afraid to ask.

Similar question
How do I into Kamen rider?

Gaim or W in my opinion.
If you can get over the summoned fruit from another dimension, Gaim is your beat bet.
If you can't and prefer a more grounded tale, W/Double is a great gateway.

I personally started with Faiz, but that divides fans. Its definitely darker, but not necessarily...coherent.

Amazons is great, but its not a good indication of what Kamen Rider is normally.

The Older seasons are good if you want some high tier camp. Consider Stronger, The Season with Starfish Hitler, Black and Black RX.

Starfish Hitler was X

Can't say I'm seeing much sexy...
But holy shit that Indian Stereotype Elephant, does it run a fucking corner store?

Thank you, I wasn't even 30% sure on that.

Space is actually good tho. Dat darkonda v ecliptor rivalry

You could always try watching Ex-Aid, the current series.

You'll be making your mind up at the same rate as most rider fans.

Lol

>Pac Man
>Ex-Aid
>Versus
You are shitting me.

Strange, I was obsessed with Power Rangers as a kid (the original english series)

But I feel no nostalgia for it whatsoever.

God no, its real...
>Ghost too
>Pacman
>Ghost
OH FUCK MY LIFE!!!

Huh.
I actually hadn't made that connection.