What went wrong?

>Spider-Man: Homecoming already looks like its a disaster (3 villains, 6 writers, mediocre director, miscasting across the board, etc…)
>Sony/Disney deal already falling apart; Spider-Man not likely to appear in Infinity War according to Tom Holland
>Sony head says they are moving on with there own set of spin-offs, animated films, etc… not set in the MCU (announcement expected soon according to article last week)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qtx18tPNda4
instagram.fgig1-3.fna.fbcdn.net/t50.2886-16/14629413_738725049614535_5763846892916047872_n.mp4
gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-outsells-ps4-in-the-us-for-third-month-in/1100-6444449/
gamerant.com/july-2016-console-sales-xbox-one-ps4/
youtube.com/watch?v=NUW97dVzz4M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'll enjoy watching this clusterfuck unfold

It will be the first time a corporation wages war against another, lmao

lol sony

even Microsoft are beating them now in the console department, massively.

what a bunch of morons.

Don't forget the flatchest Mary Jane

Sucks that my favorite superhero only ever gets shitty movies made about him.

>sony

fucking idiots

>he thinks sony are the reason homecoming will be shit
Pic related was Sony's casting decision for Mary Jane

Way better than Zendaya.

Also, Sony were going to make Amazing Spiderman 3 which would have been amazing but instead we had to sadly get Spiderman rebooted and in the MCU

>Marvel saves Spiderman with a ten minute cameo
>Sony immediately starts burning bridges so they can drag him through the mud some more

Beautiful.

The Sam Raimi films, even with their flaws, really got the tone of what a Spider-man movie should be right. I don't want grimdark Garfield Spider-Man or lolsorandum teen drama Holland Spider-Man. I just want a Spider-Man who is a normal geeky guy swinging around NYC and fighting villains.

Why are you blaming Sony? ASM 2 to me is an underrated gem with the casting decisions.

I do not like Spiderman being in the MCU and the nowaday decisions but ASM3 and the Sinister Six movie would have been absolutely fantastic instead of this reboot with Disney.

>way better

>blinded by racism
reminder that mary jane was cut out because she was so ugly and the internet said she was ugly but now that she's le "famous" there are faggot nerds that like her because she was on their nerd movie series

are you new to this or what?

"up in the air" literally means "i may or may not know already, but i'm still not saying anything until they say i can"

stop spreading bullshit.

too bad we will never see Spiderman 4 when they could easily cancel this Disney deal and get Raimi and Tobey back if it isn't work out well (which it appears that it isn't).

>inb4 they reboot it AGAIN with Holland and pretend him being in Civil War never happened
Personally I prefer to see Spiderman on his own.

>I just want a Spider-Man who is a normal geeky guy swinging around NYC and fighting villains.
Yeah this

what's your favorite spiderman scene?

this is my personal favorite

youtube.com/watch?v=qtx18tPNda4

She's pretty attractive in that picture desu.

Threadly reminder that Spider-Man 2 had five writers. Six if you count Sam Raimi's uncredited contributions.

I don't understand Redditspeak. can someone translate this into english?

>spin-offs

>even Microsoft are beating them now in the console department, massively.

Source?

That's odd. Spider-Man has been in a couple of Thanos stories before, I don't see why he can't help konk that kook.

The Xbox Scorpio

you mean Manny Jane right

Fuck you Sony has the rights to make anything aimated spider-man.

t. Marc Webb

Everything after Winter Soldier has been a shit show. Its like the Marvel execs realized that they had won their viewers for the next 500 flicks and gave up on quality.

>>Sony/Disney deal already falling apart; Spider-Man not likely to appear in Infinity War according to Tom Holland
That's not what he said, you Clickbait-feeder.
>“It’s all up in the air. I believe some sort of deal is in the mix, but I’m unclear as to what that deal is,”

"I believe some kind of deal is in the mix" means that he thinks it IS likely he'll be in Infinity War.

>sony allows disney to make decisions for Homecoming
>absolute mess, see OP
>sony realizes disney are cucks, starts pulling out
>BUT DINSEY WAS DOING SO WELL
Explain

No I am a fan who loves Amazing Spiderman 2 (not so much the first because the Lizard should have been played by the Dr Connors Sam Raimi actor. I have no idea why they didn't cast him).

>what went wrong?
The clue is in your own post
>sony

So I hear Marvel MJ is black?
Anyone got pictures of her?

All these people who are blaiming Sony for the bad casting deviersity... I do not get.

Did you people even watch ASM with Emma Stone, the white jock who they cast as Flash?

They got the casting down 100%! Whilst Disney has cast an innocent shy looking Indian as Flash makes absolute no sense.

I don't care for Mary Jane being black, JUST give her the red hair!!

see

>What went wrong?
Ghostbusters.
Sony are doing this INA short sighted move of utter idiocy to claw back whatever pittance they can after that disaster.

Microsoft has been beating them in sales for the past three months look it up

but I thought she was black?
Hell, I've had darker skin than that, and I'm pale as fuck in winter.

She's got a fucking Cardassian neck. Absolutely disgusting.

>but I thought she was black?
She's half black. Why would Disney cast a 100% black actress?

They know that half blacks are more attractive and appealing

>what went wrong?

Producers who do not respect the original source?

That was before sony went full SJW, see new magnificent seven or ghostbusters.

Producers...

I feel like americans just make up race as they go along.
Had a black grandfather? Black! get your welfare checks and slavery apologist scholarships to the right! No you don't actually have to BE black, just say you're black and it's fine!
that shit is worse than tumblr.

shit, the synths are more advanced than we thought!

Spider-Man sucks, literally a character for manchildren anyway so who cares?

Sony casted all those niggers and spics in Homecoming you nerd

>Sony head says they are moving on with there own set of spin-offs, animated films, etc… not set in the MCU (announcement expected soon according to article last week)

Sony is really eager to get into that cinematic universe game... and its so great to watch it keep blowing up in their faces

i would still fuck the shit out of them hoes

>That was before sony went full SJW
yet the same women is behind ASM and Spiderman: Homecoming who is in charge of Sony if I am correct...

I'm a ps4 owner

FOR SHAME

And she was also in charge of Ghostbusters. What the fuck is your point?

>for a second I thought Tom Holland was directing
So disappointing

>>Sony head says they are moving on with there own set of spin-offs, animated films, etc… not set in the MCU
>not set in the MCU
FUCKING YES!!

I am so excited.

FUCK THE MCU!

Because Ghostbusters.

Had that not been a fucking split colostomy bag of a cinematic universe bid, then Sony would be happy to just make a small amount off the marvel collab.

This is damage control. Pure and simple.

And its going to fucking fail.

>tfw born just in time to properly appreciate watching sony slowly die an agonising death over a 10 year period
feels good man

How did she make great casting decisions for ASM but not for Homecoming.

That's my point. Learn to pay attention.

Has the sony spiderman universe had any decent movies yet?

>3 villains
Still no carnage or venom. Fuck these useless cunts.

How did she make great casting decisions for ASM but not for Ghostbusters?

they're still behind by miles

He just wants cartoons and is hoping they resurrect Spectacular.

They won't.

his ass

PS4 is outpacing PS2

inb4 they make a shitty flash cartoon starring chibis, like that teen titans reboot.

>PS4 is outpacing PS2
Because it has Godzilla and that new Spiderman game not available on any other country.

Otherwise Xbox will support 4k gaming which the PS4 isn't yet.

Also you can play CD's on the Xbox whilst you cannot do this with the PS4.

>Not liking Teen Titans Go
I agree its not as good as the old series, but it has its charm.

I will be absolutely stunned if Sony manages to fuck this up.

If true, they literally must be some kind of tax write off scheme.

It's impossible for a company to be this poorly run unless it's deliberate sabotage.

>CDs
Fuck off back to Cred Forums Grandpa.

I've never seen it, because I dismissed it as a show for toddlers.
Also since I'm not american, I'd have to go out of my way to stream it, and really who does that?

Why are people still fucking blaming Sony yet they are not blaming Disney at all??

While that may be true, that user was talking about sales.

A category the PS4 is miles ahead on.

PlayStation is literally the only thing that makes Sony money.

>Because it has Godzilla
But that Godzilla game was fucking awful!
What the fuck are you smoking?

>he doesn't burn music off a CD or put in a usb as it gets rid of the music playing in the video game and replaces it with your own music
Yeah the Xbox 360 used to have this feature. Was very cool. Sadly neither the Xbox One nor PS4/PS3 supports this.

holy fuck the wonders of photoshop these days. she looks so fuckable in the first picture.
I feel deceived

Are those...dub dubs?

and yet it is the only Godzilla came out at the moment.

Godzilla is Godzilla! I wish they would make a good game like Save the Earth but at the moment this is all we got

Because Amy Pascal and Sony still have so much stink on them. Feige hasn't made something universally hated yet so he gets a pass for now.

It's definitely aimed at a younger audience, but it has its moments if you want something a little mindless. Try KissCartoon, I'm not US myself.

you can do it via Spotify on PS4

>Spider-Man: Homecoming already looks like its a disaster

No, it doesn't. You people are petty as fuck. Every fucking movie is the same shit.

>oh they cast someone i don't like
>oh they have more writers
>who are these directors? i don't know them!
>it's going to be shit!

Then they release a great movie and you move on to the next target ad infinitum.

Homecoming set photos were great, showcasing lots of cool interesting scenes and classic Spidey moments. Michael Keaton is great and Marvel recently hired more experienced writers to rewrite some parts of the screenplay. Wait for the fucking movie.

Also,

>three villains

No, you fucking retard. The Vulture is the villain. Shocker will be a cameo to show Spider-Man has been fighting crime and The Tinkerer will just be the tech guy providing the tech for him.

Saying Spider-Man has three villains is like saying that Andy Serkis's character was one of the villains in Age Of Ultron or Victor Szaas was a villain in Batman Begins because he appeared for 10 seconds. Stop being an idiotic faggot that don't know how movies work. Having a villainous character from the comic book in the movie doesn't make him a villain in the fucking movie.

Jesus christ. It's always the same shit. You actually have to explain to people on a board about films how films works. You have to explain that a character being in a movie doesn't make him one of the main characters. It's just pathetic.

but Disney are behind the Homecoming diversity you know, after all they are behind the Rogue One diversity too

>Not having a separate dedicated system to play music on and turning off in game music.
For what purpose?

Because Disney still has a track record of mostly success.

Sony has literally made some of the largest, dumbest mistakes in recent Hollywood history.

Right now they are making Bad Boys 3 and 4.

Guess what they're calling Part 3?

Bad Boys 4 Life.

You would literally be better off buying a turd and writing Godzilla on it. That game is SHIT.

agreed

>GhostbustersIDF

It's not going to work.

We can smell the desperation on you.

Yeah but Disney is kiddy. Sony at least has tried to make adult like super hero films

>see the Doc Oc hospital scene in Spiderman 2

>the complaints about MJ are concerning her bust size and not her race

Welcome to the post-racial society brothers

Kek, I hope this is how they beat Thanos in the movie.

And yet The Force Awakens bombed in China.

Warcraft did way better over there.

>Bombed in China
And how did it rank in terms of most profitable films of all time?

Well that and she's ugly

That has less to do with her race and more so with being the queen of resting bitch face who constantly contorts it into ugly grimaces like Nicki Minaj

nobody is defending that trash

What the fuck are you talking about? Her dad is black and her mom is white you idiot.

This is what I want from these movies.

instagram.fgig1-3.fna.fbcdn.net/t50.2886-16/14629413_738725049614535_5763846892916047872_n.mp4

>I feel like americans just make up race as they go along.
Eventually we'll just end up with an "American" ethnicity.

good, Star Wars will forever be made for us and not them.

Ya but were speaking about quality. Most people would rather have a well made "kiddy" film than a shit adult one, especially considering the fact Spiderman is a childrens character.

we don't need forced adult capeshit, just look BvS

Spider-Man should be for kids

You're fucking retarded and should try to into google before shitposting easily disproven fabrications

Not even a sonyfag

>black mary jane
>doesn't even pick a thicc bitch to play her

What did they mean by this?

>we don't need forced adult capeshit, just look BvS
I'd rather watch a super hero film with horror nightmare scenes than a kids super hero with underage humor.

Cred Forums is such a sad board, Cred Forums truly ruined everything

You're in the minority, plus nobody is forcing you watch Capeshit.

B4d Bo4s is part 4

Are you two trying to imply Spiderman 2 is only for adults.

Did you two grow up locked in padded cells with fluffy bunnies up until the age of 18?

>You're in the minority
Spider-Man 2 was a commercial and critical success though.

>why are you blaming Sony
HAHAHAHAHAHAH
They are single-handedly responsible for irreparably fucking up Spider-man - which is not easy to do considering Raimi's first two films were universally adored.

Read the leaked Sony emails.
It's all in there.

lel

gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-outsells-ps4-in-the-us-for-third-month-in/1100-6444449/
gamerant.com/july-2016-console-sales-xbox-one-ps4/
Shut it faggot

>They are single-handedly responsible for irreparably fucking up Spider-man
ASM had a great story though. They didn't fuck him up in there at all.

for you

Only in the US and only by 20k

If the US buys 2 million xbones every week till Christmas then I think Sony would be worried

It's not even outpacing the Wii, DS or the gameboy

Raimi's films get better every single day.
1 and 2 are literally perfect.

>goat casting
>actually balance quips with drama
>goat action scenes
>don't waste time setting up bullshit cinematic universe nobody wants

Will they ever be topped? Nowadays it seems like Marvel and WB are two preoccupied with developing dozens of sequels and spinoffs to actually make a good, standalone movie in the first place.

Now look at Europe and Japan

Or the fact that Sony has 50% market share

Maybe that's because everyone has already bought a PS4.

Pretty likely

t. Marvel

Holy shit dude.
Is it hard to type with one hand? I mean I assume your other one is jacking off Disney's cock.

>the vulture is the villain
Then why include the other two? if they're as pointless as you say, why waste movie runtime with them? Either they're integral to the story, in which case the story is crowded, or they're not important, which means the story is stretched too thin. There is no excuse for three fucking villains.

>ASM had a great story
Ok so we have two options here
1. This is a troll post

2. You sincerely believe this

I honestly don't know which is more hilarious.
ASM is one of the worst-edited blockbusters I've ever seen and the story is an absolute trainwreck.

It's Marvel and has a lot of non-white people in it so it might break 100% on RT.

>ASM had a great story
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>introduce barely intelligible Indian man
>have him be important to the story and be motivating the main villain
>halfway through the movie have him LITERALLY DISAPPEAR AND NEVER MENTION HIM AGAIN

ASM was a mess. Sorry, but I instantly lose respect for anyone who makes excuses for that movie.

I don't think there's that big of a difference in PS4s and Xbones in North America even with how big of a clusterfuck XB1 has been. Something like 15mil vs 13mil.

M$ still dropped the ball massively considering Xbox 360 sold like 50 million in NA.

any footage leaked yet?

>>introduce barely intelligible Indian man
huh? who are you referring to

>ASM had a great story
>Peter is now a skater who likes the Ramones and uses Bing
>Uncle Ben dies over some chocolate milk
>Peter is a cunt to Aunt May all the time
>Peter makes a solemn oath to a dying man that he will stay away from his daughter for her own safety but then ignores his oath 15 minutes later
>Peter reveals his identity to Gwen casually about halfway into the movie
>main villain becomes a Lizard and then wants to turn everyone in NYC into lizards too - for some reason?
>Spider-man spends a good chunk of time seeking revenge for Uncle Ben's death even though that's literally what Uncle Ben's death is supposed to teach him not to do
>Oh yeah but then he just - forgets that he's looking for that specific guy, I guess?
>Oh and also Sony cut out all the shit about Peter's Dad (you know, the actual mystery of the movie) from the theatrical cut

You can't be serious.

>Summarize her body of work?

Exactly.
youtube.com/watch?v=NUW97dVzz4M
Indian man literally creates the Lizard by forcing Connors to test it on himself.
Lizard causes such a scene because he's pursuing him on the bridge.
He doesn't catch the Indian man... and then the Indian man is never mentioned again.

Even if hes not in infinity war at least we got see him in civil war I guess. It was nice having spidey in the MCU for one movie. GG. My childhood dream came true even for moment thank you based Feige.

D-DELETE THIS

I've only seen ASM once and I had absolutely no idea this man was in the movie...

it's not exclusively for adults, like BvS was

all 3 movies had a good balance.

>ASM had a great story

t. Amy Pascal

show me the total sales

Again, exactly my point.
He is a hugely important character and he LITERALLY disappears from the film.

>Wii

Not a console, that's a toy

handhelds don't count either.

which is why I prefer ASM2

>ASM
>anything but a complete dumpster fire
I know opinions aren't objective but if you like ASM 1 or 2 you are objectively an idiot

>Oh shit, ASM was a fucking travesty... how do we fix it for ASM 2?
>Let's throw in a bunch of new characters and have three villains
>Shouldn't we sort out this fucking mess we made? Also everyone hated Spider-man 3 and that had three villains
>I SAID THREE VILLAINS GODDAMMIT

Is Sony just stupid? Did Raimi place some weird hex on them so now every future Spider-movie sucks?

>Her on the left looks like the missing part of these statues

>an underrated gem with the casting decisions.

and thats the about it. everything else about it was shit. yo...im electro

>ONE of the least recognizable villains in the speederman world is the main antagonist

Bravo Shitsney

>caring about capeshit
It's going to be shit

>Doesn't know vulture or shocker
Lemme Guess, you want Venom or Carnage.

Right, but that was the point. You can have disparate elements in superhero films. comedy, horror, pathos. They don't have to be all fun and adventure or all grimness and brooding. I'm worried these movies are becoming a little too internally homogenized, with studios feeling like they have to consistently deliver one "feel" throughout their films.

>BvS was awful but at least it wasn't cookie cutter.
Being different isn't enough if it's also a pile of joyless pretentious shit.

Didn't say I didn't know shocker, faggot.

Vulture is pure trash, fitting for human filth like you.

P.s.
Kill yourself

XXOOXO

But BvS was cookie cutter.

I take that as a yes, you want Venom or Carnage in the first film, two of the most overplayed shits and also blowing your load faster than BvS. Rather than an under utilised villain they could give a fresh perspective to.
Wow, sorry for doubting your insight.

Technically, Zendaya wasn't the choice for Mary Jane. Someone, somewhere, we don't know who, just demanded that all the characters they were making up for the movie be renamed to characters from the comics.

how did they get him in civil war?

>The scene after the end credits of Spiderman 3 where Raimi dances around the fire naked while smeared in blood.

I didn't understand that when I was 9 but it all makes sense now...

Holy shit who cares its capeshit

>>Sony head says they are moving on with there own set of spin-offs, animated films, etc… not set in the MCU (announcement expected soon according to article last week)

Are they using Tom Holland for the Sony Spiderverse? Is the Sony Spiderverse going to be filmed after all?

I do want carnage user

>Amazing Spiderman 3 which would have been amazing

You're the exact reason why Amy Pascal is allowed to rape.

Feels good don't it?

They blew their titty budget between Captain America 1 and Thor 1&2.

let's see
>Sony
>Amy Pascal
>Screenplay by like 7 people
>muh diversity over just getting the right people

Finally got to use that picture, huh?

You can actually do that with Xbox One now. They added it in the August/September update

protip: you are not white. You are probably an Argentinian, for some reason they think they are white.

why does mj look like a nigger mexican?

>It will be the first time a corporation wages war against another, lmao

capefags are idiots

Is this bait?

Why do they have to fuck up the best superhero in the MCU so many times over.

At this point they should just call him DeadHorse-Man because what they're doing aint working.

Sure.

KEK TRUMP SJW NORMIE CTR BIG GUY FOR YOU SHILL KEK NUMALE

Is that better, pumpkin?

I agree, The Thing deserves better.

>we now live in a world where people on Cred Forums defend Sony movies just because they want to shit on Disney

Is Sony v Disney the new Marvel v DC?

The ASM movies were two of the worst entries in the capeshit tsunami.

I thought he asked you to stop acting like a redditor?

Until next year when they become Disony

This is what happens when you hire Tom Rothman as CEO.

>>Peter is a cunt to Aunt May all the time

This is just wrong.

>main villain becomes a Lizard and then wants to turn everyone in NYC into lizards too - for some reason?

Because he believes Lizard People are superior and wants to share it with the world. It's honestly no more silly than any other supervillain plot.

>Oh yeah but then he just - forgets that he's looking for that specific guy, I guess?

He doesn't forget, he just understands the lesson you earlier complained he didn't get and focused on the more important stuff.

>Producers...
...love little boys

benis :xX

Spiderman is the only Sony project that's still produced by Amy Pascal.
She will do everything possible to make sure it will be a disaster.

People have read the Sony emails and know the average IQ over there is in the low 60s. Disney's greatest sin is playing everything too safe, but at least they're not stocking the executive lounge with drain cleaner daiquiris.

They knew they couldn't top Dunst, so they just went a completely different direction

>YOU CAN'T DO CIVIL WAR WITHOUT SPIDER-MAN!!
>he ends up being nothing but a glorified cameo with a storyline that nothing like the comic, not that they could've any way since it didn't make any sense in the context of the movie and him being a new rebooted version
>SPIDER-MAN MUST BE IN INFINITY WAR!!
what the fuck for?
to defeat Thanos with the power of quips?
Spidey wouldn't be halfway through the first joke when Thanos would easily hand wave him out of existence

that's in the comics where the earth heroes got BTFO completely. its what pisses me off in the infinity war is the lack of Adam Warlock who was critical in the Infinity storyline. In the comics Warlock summoned the gods but looks like in the Marvel movie version it will be earth heroes doing some damage then Strange and Gotg and maybe Thor beating Thanos

>people read this on into their adult lives

Completely agree.
>OH NO SPIDEY ISN'T IN INFINITY WAR?!?!
Fuck anyone who thinks this.
He would be completely irrelevant to the story.
If you want Spidey in Infinity War then you are part of the cancer killing contemporary cinema.

>this is just wrong
Watch the movie. He repeatedly tells her to fuck off when she's showing that she cares about him. Peter is a cunt in the movie.
>because he believes lizard people are superior and wants to share it with the world
How the fuck does this make any sense, you cunt? His earlier motivation for testing the Lizard serum on himself is that he EXPLICITLY DOESN'T WANT TO FORCE ANYONE ELSE TO BECOME LIZARDS. That's why he goes after the Indian man on the bridge who was on his way to test it on some random people.
>He just understands the lesson
When and how? What in his character prompted this understanding?

2/10 for making me respond
The movie is dogshit

>VULTURE
>least recognizable

There are plenty of things that are going wrong with this movie, but this is not one of them.

Actually the fat brown/asian guys are the ones that trigger me.
No one so hideous should participate in multimillion dollar franchises, i'm sorry but fuck that.

Underrated post. Took a second to have it register.