Westworld Thread

Has it been solved?

>Ford - Old Testament God who wants to keep everything in line so that's under utmost control

>Arnold/MIB - the Devil/the serpent who wants to grant the fruit of knowledge to the hosts

>Dolores - Eve, who is tempted to eat the fruit of knowledge from the Devil

>Teddy - Adam, who will then follow in Dolores's/Eve's shoes

>Fruit of knowledge - sentience

>Original sin - going against programming via murder

>Bernard - Michael, god's "assistant"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QeBik_YHBYM
youtube.com/watch?v=3PTNHQND6MA
youtube.com/watch?v=fQfmAO7WcYg
youtube.com/watch?v=s7GcI3Zfh28
youtube.com/watch?v=XFTcA4QLHw0
discoverwestworld.com/#about
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

BRAVO NOLAN

>arnold = MIB

stupidest theory I've ever heard

but who was mcpoyle

this is gay. ur gay op. armchair theology fag lmao

Episode 3 was good shit.

I thought it was JJ?

McPoyle is MiB, I think this episode real drove it home that there are two timelines being shown simultaneously. Milk Guy is alive and in the park during McPoyles stay, but he's already decommissioned.

You don't think period.

Wait, isn't William MiB?

Nope. That ending of episode 3 debunked it.

memes are already out of hand and this is shit only on episode 3

but if Arnold is MiB, and all those other roles are assigned, who are William and Logan?

How? I thought that was still a different timeline.

Dolores "awakens" when she's about to get raped and remembers what MIB did to her. Then she walks into William's camp after she escapes.

This sounds like bait.

If anything the episode confirmed beyond any doubt there are two timelines being shown.

I'm not talking about Ford's little segue about the first years of the park. That was a flashback.

No those are separate timelines.

>lmao

>William=MIB BTFO

>when she's about to get raped

she gets scalped by mib not raped

I just finished episode 3 and I'm pretty sure the thing corporate wants is to make hosts capable of killing people to be used as soldiers. If they were being secretly programmed to be able to kill people that would explain what is going on.

I like this, but it's no eden for the androids, it's hell.

fucking kill yourselves retarded faggots

But he came across Dolores after Bernard altered her programming.

Not with him but with the other fodder host.

What if a guest interferes with her narrative of getting shot? What does she do?

Jonathan Nolan, brother of Christ Nolan, is the showrunner.

JJ has about as much to do with this as he did with Lost, ie nothing.

not sure if trolling or just fucking retarded

that other planet theory just got BTFO by stray astronomer

was hoping to see more Harris shenanigans

also i dont think he is arnold, its easy bait im sure.

I wonder why people think fucking Arnold, some dude we've never really seen, is MiB. Why suspect this? Don't you think Ford would want to talk to his old colleague, or someone might notice they look similar? Because judging from the photo it's pretty fucking obviously not Ed Harris.

The age regression they did on Hopkins was really good, if a bit over-filtered.

huh...

arnold transferred his consciousness to ed you fucking pleb

is that on the website? Hadn't seen that yet how do I find. Also is it the coolest marketing website ever? So many little secrets

You'll have to give me a scene or something, I don't recall this. Dolores is in the park, and maybe she has stirrings of a conciousness while William is there. But there's no indication Bernard was at the park at that time. It's possible, but nothing has been shown. All the management scenes seem to be contemporaneous. In 30 years people would look older.

Can someone post all evidence that points to the multiple timeline theory?

So why the fuck do people think there are two timelines? What evidence have we got for that?

Did you reply to the wrong post? What?

I have no fucking idea what they're talking about either.

honestly I wouldnt murder and rape my way around the fucking game

I mean sure I'd fuck the willing bot, and all are willing,

but this notion of "mankind rapes and murder hahahah so fun" is imbecilic cynical shit worthy of Abrams and Nolans

I can't wait for JJ to introduce heavyhanded and pilfered notions from kike mythology and other better stories,

>So why the fuck do people think there are two timelines?
>executive producer: jj abrams
that's literally it

So Arnold, the creator of this universe, does not know the whereabouts of the endgame maze? Yeah not buying it.

old bill is clearly from 30 years ago, an old model from the park and he hardly looks like a real person, theres no reason to believe two different timelines are being shown

Yeah that sounds brilliant. The best place to test out killer robots in an amusement park full of retarded civvies. Really put them through the paces, keeps the lawyers busy too.

Troll or legitimate lobotomy patient.

if they wanted super soldiers they could already have them, superior AI isnt going to help a killing machine that much

see : snake tattoo waifu

also Ed Harris is actualy Liquid Ocelot

Its obvious Arnold is god and the man you meet at the end of the maze. Any host willing to venture there will probably be granted sentience or something.

As for MiB, hes a host.

>imbecilic cynical shit
People treat the park like a video game. They don't think they're doing any of that to real people; it's basically a more realistic version of Red Dead Redemption to the visitors.

So it's not that much of a stretch that people would go on murder and rape sprees in that kind of environment. People already do, and it's what sandbox games are known for.

>So why the fuck do people think there are two timelines? What evidence have we got for that?
These threads are always full of the stupidest faggots on Cred Forums

This rests on the idea and Dolores and Old Bill were assembled 30 years ago. There's no reason to believe this. It all hinges on Bernard saying the last major incident was 30 years ago. We don't know what the incident was, but I suspect it involves Arnold and his demise. The park is certainly older than 30 years, if only by a decade or less.

I think Old Bill was built contemporaneously, but never got the facelift the other bots got. Dolores is a living relic of Arnold's efforts at developing deep learning AI.

>milk guy

where

i swear most people posting in here arent even paying attention when they watch

Yeah it's not like they have an entire desert where they could hide a murder or something right? You certainly couldn't explain it away as an employee or guest falling off a cliff. No, no way. It's not like once this shit got started there wouldn't have been international treaties making it super fucking illegal to make killer robots and mandating 3 Laws of Robotics hardcoded into them or anything, so they need to be developed in secret, right? There's no way a robot that can be programmed to act normally but actually has no fear or potential of betrayal could be useful as a spy or anything either lol.

>its a cuck episode

MiB is not a host, he's got intel that there is something else going on inside the park and he wants to find out. Also most interesting character of the show.

But you're right about Arnold.

Dude's a hypocrite.

we do know what happened 30 years ago

arnold died, some others might have died to. it could be cannon with the west world movie

dolores has since been remade unlike bill. episode 1 harris confirms it when speaking to dolores something along the lines of "they put a little more plump in you" and we can assume its more than a facelift. because bill is mechanically stiff. so her consciousness has been put into a new model. dolores herself is acting with increased AI and memories from the line daddy abernath tells her which we learned in episode 3 are voice lines that activate old prerogatives set up by arnold.

i really dont get where you get this double timeline shit from

If they can make sentient psycho robots, then why not just make a straight up terminator-tier killing machine? Your theory is shit my man.

>he didn't just watch the 1973 movie to get all the answers

You still haven't explained why in Christ's name they would develop weapon robots in a fucking themepark. That's like saying that Disney secretely has a missile silo underneath Disneyland or something. It's retarded on a monumental scale. Military installations are not turned into tourist attractions.

What the Delos company does with the technology outside of Westworld is completely unknown, it's fanfic territory. All we know is they seem to produce and program all bots internally. Westworld is vertically integrated.

Why does this show garner so many retarded theories?? It isn't that deep.

Also fuck off with Old Bill being relevant. It was literally just to establish Ford as a character, and to show a little of the progress that's been made in the park.

holy fucking shit theory fags need to be purged. I've never seen such a severe case of autistic headcannon in such a short time goddamn

it was warranted during episode 1-2 but as we keep going hopefully these people shut the fuck up

bill was from before the park even opened.

Then why is he pretending to be a guest? Saying he paid money, and talking about never going back to the world?

We're just looking for something vaguely mysterious enough to sperg about. It's fun.

damn u right we must be in 3 diff timelines maybe too cause when the stray host made a turtle and turtles only existed in like 2003 DAAMN

How is Bernard Michael? He's helping to tempt "Eve" with the "fruit" and specifically going against the wishes of Ford. Like, yeah, he's close with Ford and acts as an assistant, but he's clearly defying Ford with what he's doing to Dolores. Your metaphor barely holds together.

Maybe you missed the part in my post where I said they're trying to develop them in secret? A violent park full of robots and people playing desperado and getting drunk constantly would be the perfect place to do that.

That danish 42 year old milf, makes me diamonds

and I don't even like older women

Fucking shit she is qt as fucking top tier qts

>episode 1 harris confirms it when speaking to dolores something along the lines of "they put a little more plump in you" and we can assume its more than a facelift. because bill is mechanically stiff. so her consciousness has been put into a new model
you need to think bigger my man. i think dolores was already flesh and blood when will came to the park the first time. the show has misled us; dolores is already exhibiting signs of sentience in the time of 30 years ago. we know it's 30 years because fucking MiB says he's been coming for that long.

bernard has further tampered with her in that time, and i think that's what MiB sees in his latest visit to the park. but his goals, and what they have to do with dolores, are still a mystery. this voice activated sentience shit is CHAPPIE-level storytelling, and betrays a lack of comprehension. this is very much a hard sci-fi, and needs to be approached as such.

That pic just gave me a fuckton of feels user ;__;

>1973 movie was based on the early stages of the park
>2016 TV Series is based on the later stages of the park

Mate..they're the same settings almost, but two different stories really.

my man just kys, i can't be bothered to sort thru the bait right now.

a theme park filled with rich fucking guests in the year 20XX is a litigious nightmare, and a stupid place to do weapons development.

shitposting and the desire to be a special snowflake.

get feeld on

I wonder how many times that actress for Dolores had to be filmed getting dragged into the barn.

>This thing they are doing is stupid!
>This is hard sci-fi and needs to be approached as such
Clearly it isn't hard sci-fi if they aren't approaching it that way.

i think Ford knows exactly what brenard has been doing

>I won't address any of the points you made so kys

K den. By everyone, guess I have to kill myself now because someone on Cred Forums told me to. Someone leave the script to the show on my tombstone so my rotting corpse can know how it ended.

>theoryfags

can we just enjoy the soundtrack? thats probably the main good thing this show has

dude idk how many people have to call you shit before you reconsider your opinion

it's a normie show

Benard is Azor Ahai

>maze

is that maze really out in the open?
its really a maze?

is this official? what the fug

Is Delores a secret Targ though

All of them.

>born amist salt and smoke
>wakes the dragons from stone
>draws the fire from a flaming sword

holy shitttt

Sure, let's talk about the music.
What is Cred Forums's consensus on the intro? Is it kino, cinema or just a flick?
youtube.com/watch?v=QeBik_YHBYM

that shitty cgi of young anthony hopkins made me laugh

why even put it, just shoot him from the reverse

people will understand

Does someone have the comparison pic of CG young Hopkins and actual movie young Hopkins?

HBO does the best titlecards for every fuckign show honestly

Yes, trust me my uncle works at Westworld

look man, chappie was dumb because it reduced AI to a fucking script that fits on a USB drive. this show is taking a much broader approach. this whole episode delved so much into the lore, i need to watch it again just to absorb everything.

we know a central premise of the park is the Hosts aren't real. they don't feel anything, beyond programmed behavior. they don't have desires, they have "drives", motives of a sort, and a script they frequently read from. The whole scene of Hopkins taking the shawl off the robot in the lab, then slicing it's face, is to show us he firmly believes them to be appliances. he knows the danger of imbuing their creations with consciousness. he seems very much like a less-naive John Hammond. he loves the park very much, but he's also keenly aware, in a way Hammond was not, how powerful the forces they control are. Bernard is something of a rogue agent in this world; I think he sees the promise of maybe bringing his son back, in some way, through the technology of the Hosts. And his tampering, like Arnold's, will cost him.

Who is the Ralph Pootawn of this show?

i feel like they should have gone with a power ballad instead desu senpai, this intro puts me to sleep and doesn't get me pumped up

I read at r*ddit that Delores and Will will fuck on a horse though

But it's not meant to get you "pumped up." It's intentionally somber/melancholy.

>Ramin Djawadi
My first reaction was this dude is super pleb, the first time I saw his credits was Iron Man 1. But it's pretty solid. I guess he's evolving, like Hans Zimmer.

I like the score, and I like the anachronistic saloon-style treatments of pop music.

Gonna say right now that this miniature shit is either a poor thought meme and a joke, or a poor thought theory and a joke.

its intentional retardation from Cred Forumseddit

JJ is a producer and barely involved stop crying about the jews

Yeah but it makes me not want to watch the show at all somehow, it's the same with the Leftovers opening:
youtube.com/watch?v=3PTNHQND6MA

HBO should have chosen something like this for Westworld: youtube.com/watch?v=fQfmAO7WcYg

fuck off kikelover

you'll be gassed when Trump is elected soon enough

leftovers season 1 intro is kino, pls kys

Can't tell if trolling or next-level turbopleb...

At least post a good power ballad you fucking child

youtube.com/watch?v=s7GcI3Zfh28

this.

But William is a cuck and the MiB is as uncucked as a man can aspire to be. I think William is gonna die in the park and his collegue is going to become the MiB.

So William is MiB, right?

>mankind rapes and murder
did you watch the last episode? a robot murdered dolores's father and tries to rape her

Anyone else like the recurring theme of player piano's in this?

The symbolism to it is pretty neat. A player piano will play whatever music it is set to (script). But someone else can still play the piano during (Guest interactions with hosts)

are you retarded? why would they give robots emotions if they were supposed to be cold blooded killing machines? more importantly, why would they give them lines of code that stop them from using weapons and lines of code that stop them from killing people? they can obviously already make robots that can do functions without a human part. the park is devoted to making the robots as human as possible. its counterproductive to make killer robots out of human-like robots when you could just delete the human portion of the code

>Donald "I love jews, i do i really do im practically a jew myself" Trump

Shame I really liked the theory.

What if the incident is the events of the movie and has nothing to do with the shows plot

>implying William won't cuck MIB

the deeper symbolism is thinking the experience of listening to a pianist is cheapened if its one of those pre-programmed auto-playing pianos compared to a real, human pianist who artistically plays their instrument

hooker waking up at the operation table was pretty cool

William isn't a cuck, he's just not alpha yet. I've seen promos, William is going to fuck whores and have a great time and probably smoke some fuckers while he's at it. Remember what his friend said to him in episode 2

>This place seduces everybody, eventually. By the end you're going to be begging me to stay because this place -is- the answer to that question you've been asking yourself: who you really are. And I can't fucking wait to meet that guy.

Lots of hints:

- William chooses white hat, camera lingers on it as if to make a point, and camera cuts to ed.

- Instead of the sheriff there are civil war-era troops in the small town giving out quests.

- They both picked up the can and did the little nod.

- William and MIB have similar facial features.

A lot of small things like that, and I guarantee you that they aren't coincidences.

But most of all, what makes me pretty sure about the theory is that when William entered the station he was greeted by the old Westworld logo. In another scene with Hopkins, it is a newer version.

because man is the most dangerous animal senpai

Just like Jurassic World

I hope HBO respects the source material a little more than that.

Did anyone notice the old-style Host that Ford has in his office? It's seated at the piano and plays music when they walk in.

Ford could have a sound system or an actual pianist, or put a player piano in his office. But he chooses to have the robot play piano for him.

All the piano playing in the park is done by a player piano, which is sort of analogous to the Hosts. It's a machine, and it's scenery.

ford is nostalgic for the old robots. thats why his entire office is filled with robot parts and thats why he was talking to the old bartender that woke up in ep 1

That's because Bernard is actually a host.
No doubt in my mind---the one thing I'm pretty sure about.
Basically Arnold programmed his backstory to be about a lost child unbeknownst to Ford, so that he could go about sabotaging the program and liberating other hosts into sentience.

or he could just be the good guy

there isn't a good guy yet in this series except maybe bernard

*tips cowboy hat*

More importantly will they end up together?

Reminder that the last scene in the last episode doesn't disprove William = MIB

Dolores could have escaped a million times over with a horse during one of those scripted events

how is it btfo?

Give it up, it has been debunked.

except it actually has not

Apparently from supposed leaks

MIB is a fixer or playtester hired by Ford to discover the maze which is essential to letting the hosts be "free"

Arnold left the maze there and MIB is trying to find it for Ford, Bernard is a follower of Arnold's who wants to send Dolores there before MIB gets there

The Man In Black is a host just like the others. He was modded by someone (maybe Narcise or Arnold) because of their obsession with creation.

I think he has too much emotion to be a guest. He's theatrical with his evilness, like all the hosts are with their narratives.

sounds like bullshit - wouldnt take 30 years

How so?

It's clear when Dolores is about to get raped by the other host, she remembers MIB and after escaping on horse she stumbles into William and Logan.

That's another surface-level analysis. There's more to it than just nostalgia. Part of it is that, yes. He seems like a man who has lost his innocence, and recalls it fondly. Before the Hosts ever shed blood, and before he lost his colleague, there's something to that.

Perhaps the newer Hosts trouble him. he was almost hostile in that scene where he takes the shawl off the robot. He will have a conversation with Dolores in the lab in a future episode, where she asks him if they are old friends. He replies, "I wouldn't say that at all" (paraphrasing)

The most intriguing thing about Ford right now is his narrative. It should speak volumes about his character.

>The guests don't return for the obvious things we do. The garish things. They come back because of the subtleties. The details. They come back because they discover something they imagined no one had ever noticed before. Something they fall in love with. They aren't looking for a story who tells them who they are. They already know who they are. They're here because they want a glimpse of who they could be.

>The only thing your story tells me, Mr Sizemore, is who you are.

Maybe he wasn't working on the maze for 30 years and just came back now after the "problems" and Arnold speaking to the hosts started appearing

its not at all clear that those events transpired consecutively

Once Dolores is fully woke she'll make him her own little project.

This user is right. It would be foolish to automatically assume they do. The show is deliberately misleading the audience. It's building up to some woah big twist, get fucking hype etc.

You can't go against programming. I feel like they try to squeeze "really makes you think" out of nothing.
They made a mess of the coding and kept adding things over the years so it has become a bloated mess.
Just format the hosts and review/re-write the whole thing.
Bam. Solved.

>only 3 episodes
>all these theories

Christian Bale on the right

You're an idiot.

How can William be MIB? One is early 30s other is 60s.

when you are repeatedly shrunk by the park's shrink ray, you age rapidly

>shrink ray

what

Yeah, he's obviously a protag. So is Teddy. Dolores is ostensible the central subject of the show, so another protagonist.

Even MiB is something of a wildcard. On the one hand, he treats the Hosts with zero civility. They are nothing but amusements to him. At the same time, he's enchanted with the mysteries, the details. He's much like Ford in that respect. We don't even know if he raped Dolores. My instinct is he didn't, because this show is all about defying expectations.

MIB has been coming there for 30 years

Will just came to Westworld

I WILL NEVER STOP BELIEBING UNLESS THE CURRENT MODERN STAFF ACKNOWLEDGES WILLIAM IS IN THEIR TIMELINE OR MIB AND WILLIAM ARE IN THE SAME SCENE

I seriously think somebody's monitoring the discussions.

First there were questions whether there are kids in the park since the first episode did not have one and then BAM a scene were kids were just playing in the main story area appears.

can i get some .pngs of doloris PLS

when have a qt like that in the barn crying and screaming you cant NOT rape her

before or after the knife play she definitely got some dick

>Only 3 episodes in and people are acting like this is some deep shit
Please stop.

Does McPoyle look like a fucking good guy to you.

He probably has guro CP on his computer.

William is gonna go full Ex Machina and be Dolores innocent cuck

William = Caleb
Dolores = Ava

Let me get this straight-jj abrams is associated with this and you think there will be any answers/resolution that makes any sense?

>We don't even know if he raped Dolores. My instinct is he didn't, because this show is all about defying expectations.

He probably didn't rape her in episode 1 but I'm sure he has before.

does the old logo appear at any time other than at the intro of the William storyline?

it's already like Lost

every episode doesn't bring more answers, just more questions

The new logo, for comparison

There's dialogue in a promo, spoken by MiB: "I'm here to set you free" (paraphrasing). He could be a good guy who pragmatically acknowledges what the park is, while secretly desiring to undermine it. And he seems to think the maze is the key..

Then who's the other guy?

yo real talk how many guests you think fuck the animals in westworld

i bet it's a good amount

Well probably Ford cause he needs to die before season 1 ends

are there any animals aside from horses, cows and snakes?

I'm more interested if they can force animals on the hosts

I wonder if someone was raping Dolores and decided to bring a horse in

yea, he's there to set her free by giving her incredibly horrible memories to jumpstart her consciousness

like getting that dick in the barn for hours

MiB is so clearly Arnold and you're a retard if you think otherwise.

Dolores is not Danny.

What's the point of any of this theory crafting when you know its just gonna turn out to be a bunch of red herrings the writers threw out at random and never intended to wrap up in a halfway satisfying ending? The last few episodes are going to completely rush the conclusion and leave audiences feeling like they've been cheated out of the promises of the early show (i.e-now). Face it, this is just a another Lost, and it will have the exact same arc of bullshit that clusterfuck did too.

I think that's a retarded theory because the guests have already aknowledged him as a VIP and Ford wouldn't allow Arnold roaming in that world and be cool with it

There are real and breathing people that believes this.

if westworld actually existed i think the level of debauchery the employees would see would be way past what they can show on HBO

lmao, that's what makes it fun

I remember the end of lost everyone had retarded theories and none of them were confirmed and unconfirmed since they never finished explaining shit, left shit unsolved and left it vague

the important question is where they find the giant scientists

Only plebs would compare this to Lost.

We have 3 episodes. It's nothing like Lost. The lore is already so rich. I practically came in my pants watching the last episode. Lost gives you a loud monster in the jungle followed by "hurr muh signal" and it just keeps rattling along after that. I don't believe the first season of Westworld is a blind effort. I've heard there's a story treatment for 5 seasons. That might be excessive, but it at least tells me they know where the show is going.

Will there be a episode set in Medievalworld? Or will it be the location of the whole season 2?

This shit is basically like True Detective Season 1 all over again with the retarded theories.

We got 4 more seasons to go.

>Medievalworld
Boring as fuck.

>this is just a another Lost
Le Star Wars Man is barley involved and Person of Interest managed to stick the landing so I don't know what Lost ending up a wet fart has to do with anything.

Has this show become the "2deep4u" type?

Damn right. Bring on the baboons.

It's called not spoonfeeding the audience, user.

>a theme park filled with rich fucking guests in the year 20XX is a litigious nightmare, and a stupid place to do weapons development.
>I won't address any of the points you made so kys

Not OP, but he he clearly did. But let me help you, if you did not understand already. He has a point by saying that testing killer AI bots in a theme park for the rich is a retarded theory because said rich people have the money and potentially even power to expose the secrets said secret facilities have, if they stumble upon them or get involved in a typical killer robot accident. Why should the killer AI testing be part of that theme park? It doesn't make sense.

I don't know what the big secret of the shareholders is, but at least I am not spewing bullshit by creating yet another dumb theory

Pottery: the show.

Theories on the corporations ultimate endgame aside from money?

My guess is either thought control or NSA style spying.
Don't know how or why but it has to be one of those since it would fit in nicely with the current hollywood libcuck milieu.

robot development

Nothing, Cred Forums is a faget

So far just on the video wall and in the changing room afterwards.

Delos seems heavily invested in pharmaceutical and biomedical pursuits. The original Hosts were mechanical, but the current generation is undeniably organic. They appear to be 3D printing a human body plan.

which really does not suggest combat bots, perfect replicants do seem to be leading towards transfer of consciousness or something similar, someones trying to be immortal, maybe

>Delos
Who? Dolores?

>McPoyle

Who?

>that other planet theory just got BTFO by stray astronomer

What "stray astronomer"?

The retards in these threads are using the word timeline wrong. The theory is that McPoyle is young MiB and different story lines are occurring at different points in time. I liked the theory but I think this episode's disproved it.

William

To be fair, that literally was the plot of Jurassic World

calling it now arnold is the piano guy at fords office.

>implying retarded theories of ongoing shows aren't the best part of Cred Forums

We've needed a new show to sperg about here for a while.

Something about it reminds me of the Black Sails intro, which is better. But this is still good.

>didn't post the intro

you had one job faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=XFTcA4QLHw0

Calling it now.

Arnold fell in love with Dolores. He went mad because she didn't have a conscience. He become obsessed at the idea of making her and the other robots be sentiment.

Sweet jesus kek
I'm holding to this theory now

True, I was a faggoty butt-pirate to do that. You done good.

especially after the mr normie threads I think it's intentional shitposting

>Sure, let's talk about the music.

Was the player piano tune in E03 something modern?

I remember "Paint it Black" by the Rolling Stones and "Black Hole Sun" by whoever on the player piano but what other modern tunes has the tv show used?

Besides Dolores, who else is top tier waifu?

The fruit of knowledge is consciousness, which is what the original story of Adam and Eve is about.

never actually seen it your right thats a damn good intro

funky whore

also bi-guest was aright

There's suppose to be a Radiohead song at some point

>its not at all clear that those events transpired consecutively

Yes it is, earlier in the episode Delores wasn't even able to pull the trigger and shoot the gun at a wooden plank (good thing too, as she was holding it like a retard...) but when she flashes back to when MiB scalped her, she hears "kill him" and shoots Mutton Chops Bot, then stumbles into the two human tourists at their campfire.

MiB scalps Delores > Delores shoots Mutton Chops > [a period of time passes] > Mutton Chops freaks out and is disabled by management.

This implies that the two tourists guys are from an earlier period in time, as Mutton Chops was shut down after he freaked out in the saloon in E02.

I don't understand the point of having multiple timelines. Explain? Also, did people seriously think that there was a shrink ray or were they just pretending to be stupid?

>William

Oh, ok. So why are people calling him "McPoyle"?

AFAIK, the character's last name has't been mentioned.

The shrinkray theory comes from an interview with Jonah Nolan. He keeps talking about how the park runs into "tiny problems" and how sometimes management "makes a mountain out of a molehill." It's pretty obvious.

But the premise is based on Michael Crichton's original screenplay. It's pretty clear cut.

>Where we're going, she's a two

>The only hooker characters are Rat-Face and Madame Zeroni

the actor played a character on its always sunny in philadelphia named mcpoyle

it's always sunny.

but arnold is the mib.
dolores and a few other hosts are going to become fully sentient and the "park" is going to be destroyed ala jurassic. the fact that jj abrams is anywhere near this things means we'll get hackey stuff like this.
fun fact-the conversation in epi.1 about the place being intended for "something more" will never be referenced again...
the acting saves this show. much better actors than kate from lost ala the "live links" chick.
benard thinks he can put his dead sons soul into one of these hosts. mcpoyle kills his edgy buddy when he rapes dolores. is this crappy enough to match what they'll come up with...?

HE'S A DEAD EYE!

Westworld was essentially an idea that Crichton revisited with JP though. Why are you blaming it on Abrams?

>I don't understand the point of having multiple timelines. Explain?

I don't know what the point is in the story HBO is telling but obviously the park's management wasn't going to let Mutton Chops bot back into the park after he freaked out in the saloon, (Dad Bot #1 was put in cold storage for much less) yet we saw him get shot by Delores.

Which clearly means that scene happened at some point _before_ Mutton Chops was deactivated and thus the scene of Ed Harris "raping" Delores in E01 happened long before that.

According to this thread, everybody is MiB.

>new show comes out
>redditors immediately start writing theories that couldnt apply to any of their other shitty shows

who else watches pleb drivel just to laugh at these threads?

Yeah, they blew it using that line with that actress.

How are people not grasping what's going on?
>Ford in e1 tells Bernard that one day they might even beat death
>Bernard and his dead son subplot
>whole show's premise is embuing consciousness into otherwise lifeless objects
That's the whole thing: cheating death by creating life.

Also, calling it that Dolores is intimately connected to Ford's shady past, either as a tragic story of love lost or daughter who had some sort of fatal incident [read 30 years ago].
I'm sure I'm wrong because of x, y, and z.

my waifu

yea this, their going for immortallity

So why was Security Dude sawing off Carl Drogo bot’s head?

Surely they're not going to just leave the robot's body down in the crevasse?

>fun fact-the conversation in epi.1 about the place being intended for "something more" will never be referenced again

Agreed. The pilot was very LOST. A lot of those threads will probably be dropped.

Your waifu a cute!

shit desu familia

like some freak that pays to have the week long orgy with a dozen kids aged new born to one year old

h said in the scene that it's policy to bring back the control unit when hosts go AWOL. since it was the middle of the night and no retrieval team could get there until morning he decides to saw off the head.

this is where the control unit is located.

:3

DELTE THIS

Or maybe bisexual men have a different standard of beauty for women.

>Also, calling it that Dolores is intimately connected to Ford's shady past, either as a tragic story of love lost or daughter who had some sort of fatal incident

Gotta be lover. He likes seeing Teddy be cucked and Dolores getting raped.

BOYS THEORY ALERT
Everyone who visits Westworld is either wealthy or very dedicated, we can assume that the majority are wealthy and therefore powerful. The terms of service that can be found on the discoverwestworld.com/#about website states that any bodily fluid or left over is owned by the corporation.

What if the end goal for the corporation is making perfect clones of all of these powerful people to then essentially run the world?

What if MiB is literally a Men in Black?

so ford is a tleilxau master?

I feel like if you're trying to get rich people jizz there's easier ways than creating a multi-billion dollar theme park.

Better yet, what employee sticks his finger into each prostitute's cunny each day to glob out all the cum, and what does he get paid? What would he put on his resume?

mutton chops didnt freak out at the saloon, his partner did.

>What would he put on his resume?

Cum globber, probably.

But through the theme park the corporation would be able to replace the person with a clone and no one would be able to spot the difference. Say that the person is on their way to leave and they are in that staging room, just vent the oxygen or something and replace the person and be done with it.

You do have a point though, there are probably easier ways.

The robots probably do it automatically somehow.

What if the hosts squat into a tube that feeds sperm into the white batter that makes more hosts ?

your waifu a shit

Is it poetry?

reeeeeeee

They can analyse the host's head, so he was cutting it off. Then the Robot went nuts and smashed his head, preventing any data recovery.

hopkins said the guests have no power in the real world,thatswhy they come to westworld. no power?=some kind of socialism controlled society-but how come there are "rich guests" that can afford to come to ww? are they the technocrats of the controlled real world?
bet we don't get an answer and I bet that that is yet another conversation never referred to again...

The real world is too political correct.

So realistically, how many human guests do they allow in the park at once? Assuming that the guns they have are firing real bullets that is.

>mutton chops didnt freak out at the saloon, his partner did.

Then Mutton Chops freaked out at Delores' house earlier, which is why he was in the basement lab being checked out.

Either way, he freaked out and was being deactivated and that happened _after_ Ed Harris raped Delores, left the buried gun, etc.

...Because you can't murder people at random in the real world.

Pretty sure he meant that people pay to live out their fantasies of rape and murder and such. In the original movie there was also a Medieval and Roman World.

It's in the conversation with the girl programmer that they're putting mutton chops back in.

Why are /westworld/ theorycrafters so terrible with the details. Was it like this with Lost? I know at least /got/ steals legit theories from other websites, so it's not as bad.

>Was it like this with Lost?

Yes. I don't get it either.

The westworld fandom is still small.

>I wonder if someone was raping Dolores and decided to bring a horse in
only one?

>Mutton Chops Bot
Rebus.

>/got/ steals legit theories from other websites
not really I mean yes but because of the books their was already so many theories before the show even started, its a completely different thing, these yt autists are trying to do the same thing with WW that they did with GOT but their is no basis for their shit, so its all retarded

good times sentipatchi

>globber
Globbist.

they played 'no surpises' by radiohead as well, in ep 2 I think. Ep 3 had some other modern sounding song but I could not place it.

> Dr. Ford, her nostrils are bigger than Maeve's now.
> Ah yes, the Sweetwater Special. Takes me back to the old days.

Waiting for the reveal that Arnold, the voice in his head told him to do that.

> Dolores put into the Vitruvian Man circle, it begins to spin at high velocity and cum rockets out from every orifice

Why are theoryfags the worst people on Cred Forums?

Delete this.

> even the ear holes

See: Mutton Chops' crazy buddy was deactivated after freaking out and shooting up the saloon, yet he's in E03 interacting with William the White Knight tourist, which clearly implies the scenes with William and his buddy Logan, happened _before_ Mutton Chops crazy buddy was deactivated and put in cold storage and thus Ed Harris "raped" Deloras at some point in the past and left that buried revolver for her.

>different dudes, look at the ears for one

>Fruit of knowledge - sentience
>Original sin - going against programming via murder

Since Adam and Eve existed before they ate the apple, it must be that their experience of reality changed upon eating the apple, nothing else. When they did so, they hid their bodies because the change that came upon them was to see themselves as separate entities. Therefore before they ate the apple their experience was "body-less", of a unity, non-separation, non-dual reality.

Also, the photograph Delores' dad found was dropped by William and is a pic of his deceased wife (and which is why he won't fuck a hooker bot).

>was dropped by William
and buried in the dirt at the ranch he never got close enough to

What the fuck are you talking about?

William has never even been to where that photo was found. And the photo was found prior to his arrival.

>inb4 multiple timeframes

>his deceased wife
where was it stated Emily died

IRONIC
R
O
N
I
C

hahahahah

no

>>was dropped by William
>and buried in the dirt at the ranch he never got close enough to

Yet.

>>his deceased wife
>where was it stated Emily died

It hasn't but it's obvious from his refusal to fuck the hooker bot.

Logan is super cheerful about William marrying his sister, maybe you need to rewatch the episode.

Logan literally says 'when you marry my sister', he's basically on a bachelor venture with his future brother in law.
he's being faithful to his fiancee, even though logan does say his sister had her fun when she came.

this was ep 3 after william shot the bot

Didn't Logan said William was(past tense) engaged to his sis?

right, thanks

He also brings up the fact his sister fucked the hosts.

So many retarded mother fuckers in this shit hole that fail to even pay attention to this show who still want to run their mouths about things.

cuckadoodledooooooooo

I wonder if logan is lying about that though. seems like he really wants to loosen william up. maybe even fuck him, dude is fucking anything he can.

>Logan literally says 'when you marry my sister

OK, I retract the "dead wife" theory but I still stand by the theory that the girl in the pic is William's fiancee and the pic was dropped at Delores' farm at some point in the past and thus the scenes of William and Logan are from the past.

I hope all of these time travel theories are all proven bullshit. Can the robots eat ass? This show needs about 20 minutes chopped off each episode.

>I hope all of these time travel theories are all proven bullshit.

It's not time travel, they're flash-forwards / backwards.

JJ Abrams is involved in the show, after all.

Ford + Dolores = Bernard

Better hop aboard the F+D=B wagon while you can boys

LET

IT

GO

YOU

REDDIT-TEIR

AUTIST

YOU

ARE

WRONG

STOP

His wife dies later on. That's what leads him to his obsession with the park and become the MiB.

> I have no valid response so I'll just shitpost.

Thanks, man.

>His wife dies later on. That's what leads him to his obsession with the park and become the MiB.

No, William doesn't look anything like Ed Harris.

I cannot wait for the BTFO memes to come when all this timeline / flashback bullshit is done away with.

dude you've admitted your stupid reddit theory makes no sense and yet your still pushing it

why?

why does he like them naked? what is his angle?

yeah but this way is far more fun, admit it

buttsex

I thought it was already BTFO by the ending of the last epispde, or am I mistaken?

i haven't seen any evidence of this though. he just seems to talk to them and give them plot ideas. like some naked party that happens in glass boxes for his associates to gather around and watch.

>some naked party that happens in glass boxes

way to give away the finale asshole

how come wyatt's men were immune to teddy's shots?

good question

more importantly how did they all get clearance to use axes?

Humans fighting for liberation.

If he doesn't keep a clear delineation between human and bot, his employees will get all shitty and start fucking with the quality of the park. Like giving one of them fucking Alice in Wonderland for example

if you currently support the multiple timelines theory and have actually watched the show up to this point, you are not only wrong, but also retarded

that is all

two reasons I think:
- first, from a narrative to draw ford as more like the old testament 'God'. he wants complete control. they have to shame, as he said. in the garden of eden, they had no shame until God lost control.
- he's seen first hand the dangers of humanizing the droids too much. by keeping employees at a base level from humanizing them in any way, he can hopefully prevent another incident.

it very much was, but it seems we're going to need explicit scenes, or maybe where william and the MiB are in the same shot to get people to drop it.

I do NOT get the theory at all, there's no real grounds for it other than 'ooo its JJ abes and nolan so yknow twists and shit'. people grasping at nothing

teddy does say they don't feel pain. it looked like most of his shots were gut shots, I didn't see any head shots. I'd imagine his programming is to go for the gut, not the head.
I don't think they are human, they are either immune to pain as Teddy said, or in some godlike mode as this is a beta story.

Fell so in love with Dolores that he left her in a storyline where shes repeatably raped

why didn't you reply to the autist pushing this theory then pussy?

it's not so much a delineation between human and bot as it is conscious/unconscious

from his perspective they're just really complicated toasters, which essentially they were until recently

it sounds like Ford created a storyline that's just as gratuitous and violent as the one he rejected in Episode 2

Does Ford know about the maze?

If he does, does anyone else on the staff?

there is a definitely a darker side to him than we've seen so far.

why are you asking this?

everyone has seen the same stuff and this hasn't been addressed

why the fuck are you even asking?

>His wife dies later on.
please fuck off

>dude you've admitted your stupid reddit theory makes no sense and yet your still pushing it

I've done nothing of the kind, missing an offhand comment from Logan about William marrying his sister doesn't disprove the theory that the pic Delores' dad found is of Williams fiancee and thus the events with William took place in the past.

It ought to be obvious that William and Delores will hook up at some point (they're the two main characters) and I contend the pic brings back memories in Delores (and her dad) because of her past relationship with William.

It has been addressed though. In the preview for Episode 4, Bernard tells Dolores to do the maze quest.

so it hasn't, at all, wait for next week

>teddy does say they don't feel pain. it looked like most of his shots were gut shots, I didn't see any head shots.

Nah, the crazies have had their programming corrupted to either ignore bullet impacts or the "smart" bullet programming has been hacked to not impact those particular robots (possibly because of Ed Harris messing with them).

wow, I guess your retardation will be entertaining ongoing but damn my man you are one dumb fuck, pls continue

how do you explain delores having a vision of the MiB before she shoots the robo-rapist, and THEN stumbles into William at the campfire?

How does she have a vision of a future person who does not exist in that physically appearance yet, assuming your theory is true? does william send a visage of his future self back to delores robo-head for whatever the fuck reason?

>in b4 these are not consecutive scenes.

there is no reason to support the william = mib theory. the evidence is just not there and it makes literally 0 sense for the story.

>how do you explain delores having a vision of the MiB before she shoots the robo-rapist, and THEN stumbles into William at the campfire?

The MiB scene with Delores happened before William's visit to Westworld.

that's kind of my point. the flash back theory makes no sense, based on any number of things, but mainly delores's experience with the man in black, and the later memory of him before meeting william by the fire.

it's not a cuck if she did it with the robots, they are just talking dildos, no cheating

judging from the photo Arnold is like twenty years older than hopkins character....and hopkins is old af.

stand to reason that arnold is a corpse...perhaps he had his consciousness programmed into one of the robots....

arnold is dead.

arnold is the singularity.

arnold is the mib.

arnold could be any or all of the hosts.

>>in b4 these are not consecutive scenes.
>there is no reason to support the william = mib theory.

Nor do I.

William's past visit doesn't somehow mean he must be the MiB or that William's visit happened 30 years ago when whatever happened that resulted in a dead tourist.

William is definitely MiB

how can you say these are sequential events if the pov of the hosts is unreliable?

delorys shoots a guy and rides away

rewind 30 years to where she stumbles into william's camp