I used to watch Price is Right with Bob Barker all the fucking time...

I used to watch Price is Right with Bob Barker all the fucking time. And I could swear that they had at least one time where all three contestants got a dollar on the wheel.

But now the very obviously rigged wheel did this again, to which they're claiming this is a history-making event, but I'm calling bullshit. PiR ratings have dropped for years, this has to be a publicity stunt.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SWTede-8z7w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The wheel likely has an optosensor to detect speed and position, as well as a brake and possibly even a motor to maintain speed. A computer could be told what dollar amount to land on and it could attempt to do so as long as the spinner wasn't a granny.

Remember that this show is on a tiny budget, the prizes are all pretty shit, so it works like the lottery. Nothing is by chance.

Do they put weights in the Plinko chips?

They rigged it for publicity, the show has not done nearly as well as it did with the Bob.

Thought there was some government agency that 'regulates' this stuff. Ensuring no cheating and such. The Quiz Show Act or something.

Price is Right is confirmed to have aspiring actors in the audience, many of which are brought on stage.

For example, the Youtubers KatersOneSeven and the guy from Mean Kitty, who were in a relationship and big on Youtube several years ago, were both easily accepted onto the show, and Katers got onto the stage. You can find it on Youtube.

>being youtubers
>meaning anything

That's the thing, it's not cheating. It's like the lottery. Every ticket doesn't have an equal chance of winning. The computer computes how much money they want to give out, allocates a certain amount of winning tickets, and puts specific amounts into each roll at random locations. Even the locations for the rolls is determined so that one location won't be "luckier" than another, although a woman (a statistician) once figured out the pattern and won a bunch of money.

And it literally doesn't matter if it's a scratch card or a draw ticket. When you pick numbers, or let them randomize them for you, the central computer immediately knows what numbers are out there in play and can decide whether to allow a winner that night, and which tickets win smaller prizes.

As long as they give out the amount of money they allocated as prizes, it's still legit.

They weren't just Youtubers, mate, they were literally aspiring actors. Youtube was just how they made money at the time while getting the occasional acting thing elsewhere.

Youtube is revealing a lot of this kind of bullshit that shows engage in, because these vloggers can't resist boasting about what they got to do.

You are hinting that the mechanical Price is Right wheel was rigged back then?

Could explain OP's memory. Hitting 3 perfect 100 scores probably mathematically impossible.

It wasn't rigged back then, or certainly not like it is now if it was at all.

It's not mathematically impossible. And in this case they got them by adding values, not hitting the $1 each time. Even though that's very possible if you just spin the wheel at the right speed. It's even easier if you start on the dollar initially. A lot of people have gamed that wheel to land it on a dollar like that.

2 spins > 1 spin

doing the additions in your head as the wheel rolls slower and slower.

Clues and tears to be had here

youtube.com/watch?v=SWTede-8z7w

i remember that
they had some pretty good vlogs

We need /tpir/ gamethreads. It was the best part of Cred Forums

>And I could swear that they had at least one time where all three contestants got a dollar on the wheel.
I swear I remember this too and not like that pirate meme.

They could have done it to generate buzz for the show.

Each spin has a 5% chance to land on $1.
So statistically there's a .00125% chance to hit $1 3 times, or 1 in 8000.
captcha: race school

It's also filmed in LA. Why wouldn't an aspiring actor with nothing better to do attempt to get on the show?

Who cares.

Naw. There is clearly someone behind the board with a magnet.

op or someone explained earlier, the contestants took multiple spins each turn to reach 100 points total each.

We need another calculation.