>try to watch this
>it's boring as fuck

What am I missing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C9KAqhbIZ7o
youtube.com/watch?v=8cRLxeKwQh8
youtu.be/M9Bqu81QrIA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

about a few more winters before you feel your soul has turned into a cold dystopian corporate jungle where you aren't sure whats human anymore.

Atmosphere, atmosphere, atmosphere

Just pour a glass of bourbon, relax and enjoy the music and visuals. Blade Runner isn't a movie it's an experience

youtube.com/watch?v=C9KAqhbIZ7o

name a better soundtrack
protip: you cannot
youtube.com/watch?v=8cRLxeKwQh8

It's a detective movie with a cool aesthetic. Memelords whose only other experience with science-fiction is Star Wars tend to have their minds blown but it's really nothing incredible.

Watch 'The Long Goodbye.' It's a much better detective movie.

I wish death on you.

>I wish death on you
Ditto

Altman is a fucking hack

Not enough of an experience for you?

>be Cred Forums as fuck
You got to get some reddit in you

>actually has fedora pics saved on his computer
just what I would expect

A fucking brain.

>I don't resort to such low methods, my greatest weapon is my wit

is that you?

Even my girlfriend liked this movie, and she would hates these kinds of movies. You're an idiot.

No this is me on the left

The Long Goodbye is shit, two hours of some jew going around LA trying to act cool, not to mention that disgusting 1970's washed out photography

It's bottom of the barrel as far as neo-noir goes

then what's top of the barrel?

which version are you supposed to watch? I watched the one that was mostly silent with fucking no explanation of anything and it was boring

I liked the book much better

that movie never did much for me

I never thought I'd be able to see what a totally crushed and soulless man looks like. Well here it is.

That face.

okay what about this one

Never seen that one. I'll have to see it.

The Final Cut is generally considered the best. The theatrical cut is the one with the voice-over that explains shit, the studio forced them to put in for plebs like you

a movie without dialogue is just boring

maybe entertaining if you've literally never read a scifi book before

a scanner darkly was a much better movie

>a movie without dialogue is just boring
Blade Runner has dialogue. I can understand if you're talking about a silent film or some shit, but such a complaint is retarded when talking about any movie made in the 30's or later

What makes Blade Runner so amazing is the mood, the photography and the music. It transports you to another world. Maybe you just weren't in the right state-of-mind when watching it, setting and circumstance count for a lot. Or maybe you were expecting something that Blade Runner simply isn't

All I can say is give it another go and keep an open mind. The idea of someone not being able to appreciate Blade Runner at all is alien to me, you have to be blind and deaf not to enjoy it as long you just swing with it

But you just listed Pleb movies..

>a movie without dialogue is just boring

name five

not him but aren't virtually all silent movies without dialogue? Of course the characters talk every now and then but so little is actually given to the audience that it's completely different to how it works in movies now.

and they're shit

>metropolis
>literally anything by buster keaton
>the great dictator
>fury road
>Le Voyage Dans la Lun
>battleship potemkin
Asshole.

you're shit

>fury road
>no dialogue

huh

I wish I could into silent films, I realize many of them are brilliant masterpieces but the complete lack of audible dialogue puts me to sleep

>shot of character mouthing words
>card appears showing text of what they said
just not for me

this

the first one I saw it I thought that was very boring and nothing special too but you have to feel the atmosphere the emptyness, the artificial life

>the artificial life

>just feel the emptiness dude

>what am I missing
A brain, you fucking imbecile.

No but very minimal for huge stretches of the movie, and there is always the sountrack only b&w pleb filter version.

Maybe if you force yourself through some of the big well known ones you'll get into it. I think that if you manage to sit through Birth of a Nation you're initiated and can sit through anything.

Or maybe some slower paced and quiet modern movies could help you. Have you seen 'Beyond the Black Rainbow?' That might be a good introduction to silent film, despite not being silent.

Anyway here's some good silent-kino which I think should make for relatively painless watching
>Birth of a Nation (it's not actually very offensive)
>Orphans of the Storm
>The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse
>Intolerance: Love's Struggle Through the Ages (probably the single greatest film ever made)
>Metropolis (I personally find this one overrated but it's got some really inspired visual stuff going on before the final act shits up everything)

If you can't into blade runner you should seriously just get the duck off Cred Forums and go watch some CSI

nah, you're a plebby redditor. now fuck off

>>it's boring as fuck

Because it's just a set designer's wet dream. All style, no substance. It doesn't matter how many times you cut it, the right script never existed and the right scenes were never shot. I like Ridley Scott, I liked Phillip K. Dick, but this is Blade Runner, a bumbling camera panning to show you a cyberpunk atmosphere and nothing else. If that's your gig, cool, I don't care, just stop pretending it's anything else.

Just watch Moon instead, OP.

>Just watch Moon instead
you actually had me going until this

>2016
>Watching Blade Runner for the first time
Where do you come from? How have you not seen it dozens of times throughout your life? Are you literally 12 and what is this?

That movie is great. Atmosphere and good hussie tricking her mustache lover to commit a crime via Double Indemnity

>moon
>not IMDB schlock for pseuds

literally lol'd out loud

>download this shitty flick just to watch it and prove it's overrated
>it's in 29:1

what is the deal with this fucking meme? It's just super wide and flat and you can't see shit. I'm watching dragon ball kai also and it's 4:3 and I actually enjoy it better tbqh

Moon was pretty shitty. Like it's supposed to be such a twist and so smart but everyone saw it a mile away

not to mention the twist is completely overcooked and turns the movie into a clusterfuck

>Atmosphere, atmosphere, atmosphere
end your fucking life. This hivemind ''''criticism''''' is the cancer of those flicks fanbases. you really didnt get anything out of the film? it's just le atmosphere XDD?

>he wants to be entertained
literally sheep

Even the dog knows

yes that's what movies are for

if I wanted to learn something I would read a book

so because I mention the atmosphere first and foremost you assume that's all I got out of it?

Why did you respond to me again? Take your salty ass somewhere else

A movie with too much dialogue is boring,

A brain. Don't worry, you won't grow one. Stay limited kid. You make us laugh, A LOT.

I'm watching the movie now. I'll give everyone updates as I watch.

The opening interview could have been paced a lot better.

youtu.be/M9Bqu81QrIA

i've always loved this soundtrack, not saying it's necessarily better than blade runner, i'm just throwing it out there as a contender, a good soundtrack.

>first and foremost
yeah, three times, and then didnt mention anything else. oh visuals and music right? those arent part of the ''atmosphere''. go enjoy your alcohol and ''experiences'' boy

Deckard's inner conflict could have been presented immediately in the beginning by showing him introspectively thinking before the interview or having him reach towards a table with a weapon and pen, choosing the pen.

Rachel could have been introduced better, but I love her nonetheless.

Dude, chill.

>Dog: Run man just ruuuuuuuun

I was mentioning something I loved about the movie in an attempt to get someone to take another look at it

You apparently took that as my definitive interpretation of the movie and that I didn't care about any other aspect of it. Check your autism sperglord

Also
>hurr durr much alcoholic degeneracy
fuck off back to Cred Forums child

3 posts in and havent claimed any other of the films qualities yet. It shows that this is the only opinion of it that you and all the other fanboys of this have, all saying exactly the same thing.
>hurr durr much alcoholic degeneracy
>le back to /poƧ\/ XD
you sure arent a hivemind driven cunt

The first replicant in the interview shouldn't have remained in the movie to give a better impression that replicants are among normal humans.

and yet you still show you're nothing but a salty faggot

>he said something that a lot of other people said
>TRIGGERED

how about actually discussing things instead of just trying to pick apart any post you think isn't up to your snobbish standards? Why do you do feel the need to type aggressive, confrontational bullshit over the internet whenever you see something that doesn't match your personal opinions?

Posters like you are literally cancer who destroy any chance of civil discussion, end yourself autist

>how about actually discussing things
>Why do you do feel the need to type aggressive, confrontational bullshit over the internet whenever you see something that doesn't match your personal opinions?
I'm not sure know how discussion works man. also why do you feel the need to type shit just because I disagreed with your personal opinions? see what I did there you retarded fuck? go away if you feel the need to be wrapped in bubble wrap at all times and have your echo chamber where you can just
>said something that a lot of other people said
whenever you have any thought about the film that isnt a millionth time regurgitated word that means absolute shit you can have your 'civil' discussions

taste apparently

Blade Runner has one of the best visual design in any movie ever.

It has an amazing soundtrack.

It is based of a highly influential sci-fi novel that I thoroughly enjoyed reading.

I turned it off about half an hour into it. zzzzz.

chinatown, obviously

Holy shit. Deckard just killed the stripper replicant. He was willing to shoot into a crowd to kill a robot. Why the hell are these robots so dangerous to risk shooting innocent lives?

Deckard just initiated kissing/raping. It should have been Rachel that initiated the kiss.