HOW? WHERE IS HE GETTING ALL THIS MONEY FROM?

HOW? WHERE IS HE GETTING ALL THIS MONEY FROM?

People ironically enjoying The Room boosted sales

haha

how is he this poor?

He owns a lot of real estate in San Francisco, the Disaster Artist gets a little more info on his financials

Pretty sure he's worth at least $10 million from his shady businesses over the years

his one movie known all over the world

also I hear he has mob ties

he was independently wealthy before he began producing movies.

how else do you think me managed to get them made?

so anyway Mr. Linguine, how's your sex life?

Elitist limited NYC screenings of The Room.

>Five hundred dollars thousand
Even his net worth is in broken english

From good business decisions, because he's not unintelligent, just inarticulate and socially maladjusted.

that doesn't explain where he got his money from

He sold counterfeit jeans and got into SF real estate before the current bubble.

>According to Sestero, Wiseau worked a variety of jobs in the San Francisco Bay Area, including restaurant busboy and hospital worker, and ran a business called Street Fashions USA that sold irregular blue jeans at discounted prices. Wiseau eventually purchased and rented out large retail spaces in and around San Francisco and Los Angeles, making him independently wealthy.[16] In the same book, however, Sestero admits that the idea of Wiseau becoming wealthy so quickly via the jobs he claims to have had is so unlikely that he himself finds it impossible to believe.[17] Sestero suggests on several occasions that many people involved with the creation of The Room believed the film to be part of some money-laundering scheme for organized crime,[18] but Sestero himself considers this unlikely.[19]

Can we make this a Wiseau theory thread? My guess is that he originally came from Hungary. He must definitely at least be from that region, and I heard somewhere else online that the grammatical mistakes he makes are similar to those of a native Hungarian speaker.

A lot of stuff is confirmed in the Disaster Artist, but I assume sometime maybe in the 80's some mob (maybe family) connection transferred SF real estate to Tommy so that he could be the fall guy or for money laundering purposes. The mob didn't expect the SF real estate boom, so Tommy ended up with a bunch of valuable property in his name and the mafia basically left he remained involved. Probably some kind of illegal import/export through Street Fashions USA.

At this point, my guess is that Tommy is probably mostly free from the mob because he is either too famous or because the people who he owed eventually died off.

Critique please

that barely explains anything

I can't even tell what country he's from.

Is he Czech? I can't place that accent at all.

Tommy Wiseau is DB Cooper.

Is this net worth calculator broken or something?

Even my parents' house is worth 1.5 million.

Does it just not factor in real estate holdings or is Wiseau a hobo?

Your parents house may be worth 1.5 million, but assuming they had no other assets, if they have a million dollar mortgage outstanding their net worth would only be $500,000.

They own the house and plenty of other assets.

He does a lot of cameo appearances for the kind of buffoon who is easily amused once their favorite clown shows up.

I'm guessing they calculate the money he made from the room and not the millions from his bootlegged pants dealership

That's great moron, I'm explaining to you how net worth is calculated. Wiseau may have multiple mortgages and other debt obligations negatively affecting his.

>My guess is that he originally came from Hungary

He's from Poland.

It's obvious the Room was Tommy trying work through a bad break up (ie, he was working his ass off at a job that didn't respect him, his girl and his best friend both fucked, he found out the night he proposed to her, on his birthday no less, he probably had a gun in his mouth etc.), and was rather personal. The first time I watched it, that was something I immediately picked up on.

I always thought that it stemmed from Tommy having a really one sided relationship. Like maybe he dated a girl a few times and thought they were in love, but she didn't feel the same way. When she moves on to another guy he then felt like she was cheating him when in real life there was never a true relationship to begin with.

It kinda fits with his narcissistic persona too

I bought the Room on bluray

Me too.

This makes more sense to me. I don't think he would ever be capable of any semblance of a normal romantic relationship unless maybe the second car crash did a lot more brain damage than it seems from the book.

same