What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I3Rw8b90INk
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Alot

Girl power

Feminists

Instilling a political agenda into what was a funny, beloved 80's comedy.

>women aren't funny
>terrible plot
>terrible characters
>terrible pacing

It's funny how they forced Kevin on every cover.

Nothing. This was as good a job as these actors and director could do. The movie went as expected.

This.

When the spice girls did girl power it was "cool" this was all le srs bsns womyn powah and while that sounds good in your sjw echobox it doesn't make for good box office.

Well, alienating the established fan base by calling them misogynists wasn't such a hot idea for one.

You are all just a bunch of Whitney virgin cunts

Op is a pile of sticks

There were some big women in it.

Cause there was nothing political about the original Ghostbusters, right?

Spice Girls didn't sacrifice their individuality and remained actual women.

>gutting the goose and wearing it's feathers as a headdress while you use the golden eggs to make an omelette no one wanted

There wasn't

You fucking coward

A lot of problems but the biggest single one is the ad-libbing. Ghostbusters needs a tight script, not wall to wall improv.

Literally what went right? They attacked their own fan base, cast buttfugly actresses and made it look like an Adam Sandler level shit flick.

Ghost lives matter son

Paul Feige

Amy Pascal

The two nobodies

Chris Hemsworth

The """"""script""""""

Who is Whitney?

Also, Hemsworth and the blonde one should dominate the Razzies this year.

You wanna go me cunt?

they treated it like an SNL skit rather than a legit movie.

It was actually quite political, advocating for individualism and touting the benefits of the free market but in a way that fit the comedic flow of the movie and wasn't right the fuck in your face.

Nope

You are a faggot and I am awesome

>current year
>feminist movies flop
>200 people walk out on Amy "muh vagina" Schumer
>Hillary trots out fake rape victims redpilling America
what a year

answering the call

itt: people shitting on actresses and le feminism meme when this faggot is 100% to blame

>tfw you liked him in Heavyweights before you knew who he was

Very nearly fucking everything, but mostly it centers around the fact that from top to bottom, the whole project seemed to lack confidence in its standalone power. Mistaking body humor and slapstick as good substitutes for satire and jarring dichotomy didn't exactly help, either.

>get on the scale
>get off the scale

He is a feminist though so shitting on feminism in this case is perfectly fine.

>Don't pee in the water!
>Don't drink the water, he peed in it!

There's nothing political about the appropriate behavior of a government agency causing the end of the world.

Ghostbusters, like so many other 80s films, was Reaganite propaganda. It was just a little more subtle.

He's more like 85% to blame.

Feminism is still the instigator.

Was the dance scene everything Cred Forums hoped it be after reading it in the Sony leaks?

youtube.com/watch?v=I3Rw8b90INk

a movie about girl power when the main focus should've have been the power of the supernatural.

Poor Matt Walsh.

All female cast.
Pretended that the original movie never existed.
Just wasn't funny.

And Omar.

A multimillion dollar production with a solid brand, and this is what they come up with. Is Sony run by masochists?

And it took two days and a million dollars to shoot this scene alone. Spent probably thousands just secure a beegees song for only to cut it altogether.

Wasted potential. People wanted a new ghostbusters after several years.

This movie felt more like a movie pretending to be ghostbusters. References that don't mean much. Original actors in "cameo" roles.

A lot of lore

Women. They ruin everything.

Posted early there.

A lot of lore being broken just to make up heir movie.

Seriously did the guys that make this movie even watch the whole first, or dis they just watch a few popular scenes on youtube?

They don't catch a single ghost.

They do bust em though!

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin

Is this, I dare I say it, ghostkino?

I went to see it the other day. Cost $5 at a second run theater.

Thought it was actually pretty good.

I bet after the hate dies down this turns into a cult classic.

5 years from now everyone on Cred Forums will claim to have been the contrarian who saw the promise in the film.

post sony leaks so people can know the truth

how much cocaine?

Bill Murray getting threatened with court was probably the saddest thing to come out of this debacle. That endorsement on Conan or whatever was fucking brutal.

I can see this being the new Rocky Horror where fan dance along in the aisles and up on stage during the midnight showings.

The actors were shit

Shoulda cast Emma Stone and other more attractive actresses

Also the She-Boon is visually repulsive

I didn't know they had Cred Forums on movie jail

how about 1 or 2 female ghostbusters

the whole team? bad idea.

Stone can't act

Leslie Jones actually has some of the movies funniest lines.

I downloaded it and watched it recently.

I really wanted to go in with fresh eyes. Put all the feminist and racist bullshit out of my mind for a minute, completely forget the original existed, and just sit and watch the movie, and judge it on it's own merits.

I really wanted to, but the movie wouldn't let me. It brought all of it up every single chance it got.
I SHOULD have been tickled to see Annie Potts's cameo, but by that point I was just pissed because FUCKING EVERYONE from the original movie made a cameo already. It was like the movie was saying "hey, we COULD TOTALLY have made a sequel, but we decided nah, you get this shitpile instead."
Also the writing was straight up nails on chalkboard. I got the distinct feeling they didn't actually have a working script for a lot of lines, and they just pointed a camera at ostensibly funny people and told them to ad-lib. Which is NOT HOW THAT FUCKING WORKS.
There was exactly one line in the entire fucking movie that I actually had a reaction that you could call "laughter", and it was the "Listening to saxaphone" joke, which I'm 99% sure was scripted. Everything else just sounded like "Oh god we're supposed to be funny right now, please let us be funny", like you were watching improv warmups during a high-school drama class.

And I'm not even going to get into how fucking broken and reactionary the movie is on a base, fundamental, conceptual level, or how every fucking second, every single frame of footage illustrated in glaring, obnoxious detail how little anyone on the production of that movie actually understood Ghostbusters as an idea.

I thought it was neat how they showed the tech evolving over the course of the movie in a way the originals didn't.
That's it. That's the only positive thing I can come up with.

>Guys, what about Ghostbusters!
>You mean the lighting in a bottle film that everyone loves and not even it's sequel with the original cast was able to top?
>Well, let's make a new one! With women!
>I guess we could make one to test out if w-
>NO, A CINEMATIC UNIVERSE. EVERYONE IS DOING IT! A FEW BILLION PSST EASY
>Won't old fans-
>IT'S GHOSTBUSTERS THEY WILL SEE IT ANYWAY! Everyone else is dumb for turning down a sequel, we're sitting on a goldmine here.

>What could possibly go wrong?

I saw the first trailer and thought how unfunny it is, but wanted to see the movie anyways. I did not mind that it was all female cast, nor I thought ghostbusters to be holy franchise.
But after all that has happend after, from muh feminism to openly insulting fanbase, I said screw it.

fuck you, GB2 is good.

>"hey, we COULD TOTALLY have made a sequel, but we decided nah, you get this shitpile instead

>No Harold Ramis
>No Egon

Feels bad man

Agreed. Not as good as the first one, but still not as bad as people say it is.

Worst possible director.
Worst possible cast.
Budget about 100 million higher than it should have been.
Most retarded PR campaign in history aimed to antagonize the main target audience of the original movies.

It's like they wanted a sure fire way to lose money or something.

I regret saying fuck you to such a nice person with impeccable taste.

BUST EM PAPA

>could have made a sequel where the old generation passes the torch to a new generation
>instead go for a genderflip reboot
>worst pick of SNL alumni

I'm not this guy

did I do thatttttttttttttttttt?

Hey, I'm but GB2 isn't bad but looking at how it's remembered compared to 1 and it even contained all the characters and settings from 1, I don't know how anyone at sony could think they could pull a cinematic universe out of this.

But Walter Peck was right. There should have been some oversight to prevent something that dangerous being kept within city limits without better precautions.

He certainly helped remind people that if a movie is bad then you should actually bother seeing it.

The "See how bad it is" meme is what made garbage films successful in the past, it's good that it's finally starting to die out.

You know what really pisses me off? They wanted to stretch the Gozer material over 3 fucking movies. Literally no one at SONY has an original thought. For fuck sake, the goddamn cartoon offered over a dozen options. Also reminder that they caught ONE ghost in the entire film and they let it go to kill Bill Murray. Shooting ghosts like Sandler during PIXELS is fucking boring, repetitive, and kills any tension the audience may have had. Fuck this piece of shit