Shin Godzilla thread

didn't see one so here!

I thought it was great, this is the most powerful godzilla we've seen (debatably) it had the most politically grounded thought provoking story since the original!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=leDzWauY5Tw
youtube.com/watch?v=OE9s-A_Vqhc
youtube.com/watch?v=zPxhdo4HDgg
youtube.com/watch?v=kRSLCABT4g0
youtube.com/watch?v=JmlXRA9VGJ4
scifijapan.com/articles/2016/10/18/shin-godzilla-extends-run-with-encore-saturday-matinee-and-screenings-in-select-cities-thru-october-27/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=leDzWauY5Tw

I liked this movie.

noice
yeah same, fave part?

torrent when?

torrent when? they don't show this movie in my country. I fucking love godzilla.

The overall theme and style of the movie and how it followed the exact formula of an Evangelion episode.

hopefully soon
dude you'll cream yourself, theres a lot of political commentary, you get into it, and it's pretty funny if you know about jap government

The more I looked into the movie the more I am loving it's portrayal of Godzilla. It actually made me want to go back and re-watch some of the Godzilla movies I watched when I was younger unlike 2014 Godzilla.

Plus this one has some cute fanart.

youtube.com/watch?v=OE9s-A_Vqhc
Audiokino

nice dubs, true, but I wouldn't say exact, the main character wasn't called a coward 7 times as he tried to run away
have you seen this one yet?

Yeah. I mean like sat down and gave it some thought.

that scene was a god damned masterpiece

Not the characters per se but Anno obviously has found a perfect formula and has his work cut out for him.

kinda annoyed at people saying that his first form looks silly because of the eyes, that's just how fish look

yeah I get what you mean

I still don't think he was that strong.
Just destructive. The flame thrower is insane fucking AoE but we never really see him concentrate the laser in one place. It's obviously piercing but it just felt like 2014's only stronger and more concentrated.
2014 could absolutely tank it, maybe the tail too, but if Shin could concentrate his back spikes on him he could maybe take him out.
2014 is super fast and strong though, he would rush Shin before anything and take him down. Shin goes down like a sack of shit super easy.
And if he doesn't manage to hurt 2014 he's down for fucking DAYS recharging.
I agree he is terrifying, but not as strong as everyone thinks. They are mistaking destructive power for raw power. Something 2014 has.

>strong
I'm tired this meme
Shin Godzilla is not a monster battle flick

the problem with that is shins healing factor and ability to adapt, he was hit by the b2s he bled, he was fine the next cut, and developed back lasers, he can just harden himself so g14 aint shit, grow his arms for better melee feats, and still, g14 was hurt by the physical attacks of the mutos, shin's beam would fucking HURT, and okay if 14 stomps him, he isn't able to harden, you now have a shit ton of biomass that has the experience to adapt to the situation, he is functionally immortal

All you faggots talk about is how this godzilla could wipe out the others.
You meme 'd yourself kid.

I also must disagree that his fire felt like 2014s you're really giving tankzilla too much energy cred for his anemic little farts

I thought this is Shin Godzilla thread

we see 2014 use his full strength to plant a muto into a building, shin effortlessly kicks a fucking bridge about 200 meters into the air, see the difference?

yeah it is, what did you think of the movie?

>what did you think of the movie?
Best 2000s Godzilla film without any doubt.

Somebody upload a torrent... Or i'll shoot this bitch.

>luger

she'll be fine

go see it in cinemas you greedy parasite.

Upload a torrent and I will.

The movie can be viewed by decoding this image.

sorry man, there isn't one

I'm really bummed that I could only see it once. Sold out all other showings and it's the last day today to see it. So if you haven't, take a day off and go see it.

I feel the same way, can't wait for the home release

2014's breath can barely scratch a Muto meanwhile ShinG's leveled tokyo in a minute. Bearzilla wouldn't even be able to get close enough to fight. They both get harmed by conventional weapons. ShinG isn't as slow as he appears, the characters even mentioned that and you see it when uses his breath/lasers. Bearzilla struggled to fight the Mutos 1v1, both who were significantly smaller. ShinG is slightly bigger than bearzilla.

Pretty sure Shin could evolve to fight 2014

>the most powerful godzilla we've seen

No it wasn't.

Which is the most powerful?

The one that survived a black hole.

>

Guys, stop being retarded, 2014 is Basic Godzilla, he needs to be nerfed for the fight with King Kong, he will continue to evolve too.

Burning Godzilla > Final Wars > Shin, comic versions are usually stronger.

How the fuck is Final Wars Goji stronger than Shin?

He tanked monster X, he was absorbing cosmic energy and shit. The meteor was way bigger than tokio.

Final Wars Goji couldn't even destroy the meteor with his breath.
Shin Goji's trump card is his breath

>Final Wars Goji couldn't even destroy the meteor with his breath.

We dah, the attomic breath was a limit, the spyral ray is still more powerful than shin's plasma ray

I'd love a Shin Godzilla anime that's just about the world trying to stop him.

How do you even measure if the spiral beam is stronger?
Anyway, Shin's beam appears consistently more powerful, rather than a one-time occurrence like the spiral beam.

He didn't destroy the meteor, also he was almost killed more than once had the humans and Mothra not helped.

Not gonna lie tho, Final Wars Goji has the best agility. He was doing kung fu shit in that movie.

Is that Doom?

Hoping Anno makes a sequel. Made a million here in the US

Shin Godzilla was a great film. And I was especially impressed by the characters. An engaging bunch they were.

>mfw ShinG is swimming to the coast of USA as we speak

Since this is a Godzilla thread, is this worth a purchase?

I was thinking of collecting all these box sets and Final Wars is on here (haven't seen it yet but looks fun). What about the others?

I really enjoy the 60s films so idk how different these would be

Is it true that Japs don't really give a shit about DVDs? I want a release date so I can finally watch this thing

>mfw we will get an english dub
What would happen with the scenes where the actors speak english? Does it get replaced with the dub voice actors?

>Is it true that Japs don't really give a shit about DVDs?

Are you kidding me? These were people that'd sell one episode of FLCL for 60 bucks

>Not seen Final Wars
You are in for a treat.
The rest of those films are also pretty solid fun Godzilla romps.
I mean they mostly aren't tonally equivalent to Jet Jaguar and Flying Tail Kicks, but still damn good mim their own right.

Final Wars is the best kind of Bonkers.
>Dat cathartic 'zilla fight in Sydney...

cool thanks for replying

I hate that bunch. The usual J-drama young salaryman pales, add elitism and remove humanity. They are the problem of the society if you ask me.

No problem.
I just wish I was in a territory where Godzilla got DVD and blu ray releases.
Being a Bong fan of big G is suffering.

Mine starts at 7pm. An hour drive to the theatres that shows it and I get out at 5, but it'll be worth it to catch it the second time.

>Those whispers when Godzilla glows purple and then the sudden silence when he starts lighting shit up in the night scene
Watching it with an audience was great.

Will this 2017 animated movie be at all related to ShinG or not?

I am confused since Toho is behind this as well and obviously ShinG's ending is setting up a sequel

Fucking loved the movie. Didn't expect to like it but now it's my 2nd favorite godzilla movie after the original. I adored his first form. One issue I've always had with Godzilla is that he does not look in any way aquatic.

First form was totally based on the frilled shark that was thought to be extinct for millions of years and then found in Japan.

I am pretty sure its first form (the tail form) must be a catfish. It's a Japanese tradition

>tfw I work nights and the only showtimes in my area have been 7:00PM

is some torrent out?

>not skipping work to see shin godzilla
your lack of dedication disturbs me, I skipped two classes and drove from Maine to Boston.

Nigga, the laser slices through buildings instantly.

shin g looks kind of delicious here, like a piece of general tso's chicken.

Yeah. Even his divided back laser can cut down buildings. Into three pieces.

Exactly. Shin is OP. Dunno why anyone could think 2014 could take him.

It doesn't help that whenever I tried to buy tickets online on any of the sites they've been sold out.

Do you think Amerizilla will get more powered up during his fight with Kong or during the inevitable Pacific Rim crossover in his battle with Jaeger Mechagodzilla

release it internationally reeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That sound and effects belong to King Ghidorah. Gosh Ghidorah always got his ass kicked by Godzilla. But facing this Shin G he got no fight

Most powerful but also the biggest glass cannon. He's poorly balanced, which fits the fact that he's a mutated creature not meant to exist.

Needing to shutdown and hibernate for two weeks after only a night of going nuts is a serious weakness.

But his development potential is pretty much limitless, so I'm sure he can make up for literally any shortcoming.

If the ending theory is true then he probably solved the energy/heat problem that way.

Just bought 2 tickets for tonight. Hopefully one of my friends will go, else it looks like im giving one away at the door.

I doubt it. Maybe a reference. I think it will probably be not like a sci-fi version of Monster Island.

Make it work, one of the best cinema experiences I've ever witnessed. Could be 15 years before the next chance to see Goji in theatres too.

>last showing in Boston is sold out tonight
>I'll never see this movie in theaters

When are the BDs coming out in Japan? We'll probably get a rip with subs then right?

2014 stomped the Mutos 1v1. The flying one was literally a mosquito to him that couldn't do shit and the female got tossed around like a bitch. It was only when he was ambushed by the other when dealing with one that he started to lose ground. Once the female was distracted, he literally one shot the male with a tail swipe.

NO NO NO THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING MY BABIES
YOU MONSTERS

really want to go see this but have no one to go with

If it's something you really want to see make a point to see it alone, user.

>those faggy little arms
2014 godzilla is best godzilla

I feel ya bro. All my friends are normies who can't be arsed to see a movie about a giant monster with subtitles. I'm just going it alone tonight. The theater will probably be empty anyway.

Why do people think Bearzilla will need to be nerfed for his rematch with King Kong?

King Kong has been sized up to match him, and Goji lost the last fight.

98 Zilla could take Shin

what ending theory?

I just saw it in Boston last night, you missed out big time bruv

I don't care what anyone says, I will never, ever buy the idea that Kong could stand a chance against any Godzilla incarnation.

He whooped Goji in the movie, nerd.

Nope, that is probably Legendary related, it's the same company that will explore skull island and that was investigating godzilla

That the skeletons were like offspring. Godzilla's size and power wasn't able to stand against a lot of tiny smart men.

So he evolved into a lot of tiny smart men.

Proof that it's related to Monarch?

Godzilla was weak to electricity m8. He learned how to absorb it after tat.

2014 Godzilla hasn't learned that yet.

>Godzilla would be undefeated if not for this faggot.
Why, Toho.

The funny thing is the showing I went to there were some house wives with their grown up daughters

Pretty sure it's because they didn't have their movie to watch

Oh, that's what I assumed too.

>>Godzilla would be undefeated if not for this faggot.

What?

Mothat is the monster with the more victories, 80% rate.

I know, i actually like "rookie" godzilla for the more VS movies, it frees the japs to make more experimental, spookie movies and weird crossovers. I hope Legendary can get the rights of Gamera.

he didn't defeat Godzilla, he even ran from the fight in terror when the military brought him down and Godzilla's heat made him shatter

But he waa also beaten by mothra's offspring and japanese big boss' oxygen destroyer.

Didn't Godzilla tie with him?

Could Shin Godzilla beat a comfy Giant Fridge?

Havent seen the movie yet, but its godzilla stil weak to getting sleepy when it's cold?

IM IN CHARGE HERE

Nope.

>Both fall in the ocean
>Nobody comes out
What version were you watching?

tell that to mutos melted neck

You're the envy of the rest of the developed world for actually being able to see this film. Just fucking go

I hope there is no direct sequel. That ending us pretty much perfect and a bit horrifying.

Not him but after they both fall in, Kong comes back up to the surface and begins swimming home in the one I saw.

Sorry brah. Shin Godzilla is strictly a US-Japanese joint operation. You wouldnt understand

Same, Shin Gojira is perfect as a stand alone film to be remembered alongside the original, I'd be sad to see them run horrific mutant zilla into the ground, it was perfect as it is and I'd rather the ending remained a scary implication.

They had plenty of humanity and were very likable. You sure this just isn't a case of unwarranted hatred towards Anno getting extended to the film? I've been noticing a considerable amount of that.

Yeah I love the idea of his corpse sprouting skeleton warriors. I don't actually want a sequel where that happens.

Rather than see it with me yesterday, my dad said he would just wait for the full release. He seemed genuinely stunned when I said it would only be around for a week.

It's a shame since this is the best movie I've seen all month, easy.

mfw
>>lives in the UK
>>no possible way to watch it
>>no online versions

Same with them saying Shin G could sprout wings and fly to the USA. Sounds fucking scary and makes the US nuking Tokyo believe me, but holy shit would it look dumb unless they gave him another drastically different form. Please no Shin Gojira: Army of Darkness

>mfw my dad is a huge godzilla fan
>he couldn't come see it with me because he can't stand the car ride to boston after working like 14 hours a day in a taxi

Then you drive you cunt

Believe me I offered he has just always hated even being in the car.

Then fly him to the theater dammit.

>tfw the secretary of agriculture is your new prime minister

>tfw the noodles got soggy

POST TORRENT LINK OR THE FROG DIES.

Goddamn, I haven't seen much of Shin yet, they really made him into a walking Nuclear weapon didn't they?

Yep. He is just one big ball of "fuck you"

I have a visual on the frog, should i fire

>Doom
>lower case
Come on man

FIRE!

The frog is dead, give us the torrent link or more people will die

>watch king kong vs godzilla last night since i havent seen it years
>mfw realizing that the natives on skull island were all nips in blackface

Real talk though, that native girl who gets trapped in the berry juice shack with the kid when the octopus comes is qt as fuck.

We've got another hostage, give us the torrent or the monkey fucking dies!

Is Cred Forums down or do you just not realize there isn't a torrent?

Can you fucking read, he said it was LIKE 2014's but stronger and a more concentrated beam.
Which it is, they both look like lightsabre plasma just tweaked.

Can YOU FUCKING read?

>I still don't think he was that strong.
>but we never really see him concentrate the laser in one place.
>2014 could absolutely tank it, maybe the tail too,

I was saying if the shit can cut through buildings instantly shits pretty fucking strong and I doubt 2014 could tank it for very long.

Finally someone gets it right

in the version I saw we still hear godzillas roar, and he can breathe underwater so its no biggy

armor doesn't apply to the inside user

Why is he so great?

Wtf I thought the double ending thing was bullshit

It is bullshit, it's a vague stalemate where they both fall in the water and disappear in all versions of the movie.

It's the same ending, the only difference is the roar.

But in both Kong appears.

Godzilla wasnt the good guy in the movie,

BD are like a special thing in Japan they come out maybe a year or two later they cost a fuck ton but they're usually archival quality. I'd expect the international version first.

kong was portrayed as a coward, he consistently runs away before being struck by lightning, he couldn't stand up to godzilla in the water, his home turf, so he swam away, godzilla roars, he roars, that's how I see it.

it is, but in the original japanese version both roared at the end where in the american release its only kong, so they didnt add any shots or anything, just take stuff out

>I thought it was great, this is the most powerful godzilla we've seen (debatably)
FinalGoji

lol

Destroy All Monsters' Goji is basically Goku.

I meant in sheer destructive capacity, that godzilla took a meteor, his breath still was pretty much a point shoot boom, it wasn't all too special, besides final wars was pretty inconsistent as far as power went.

? he really wasn't that strong in destroy all monsters

>I'd expect the international version first.
Toho would probably not allow that. They don't want to risk Japanese fans importing the cheaper American Blu-Rays.

>that massive drop in quality during the 60-70s

Man that atomic breath is OP

Yes. The only time that never happened was Final Wars and Invasion of Astro Monster.

>FinalGoji

Satan looking bastard

>Godzilla says..GET THAT WEAK ASS SHIT OUTTA HERE!

>Godzilla's JUST phase

>Needing to shutdown and hibernate for two weeks after only a night of going nuts is a serious weakness.
Not when said power has the potential to wipe out anything miles around him.

>his breath still was pretty much a point shoot boom,

Not really, he had the Nuclear Pulse too.
The power he used to kill Ogra.
Shin isnt on that level, the Spyral ray of Final Wars is extremely op.

Heard you faggots talkin shit

Mothra and King Ghidorah beat Godzilla.

Hell, Godzilla lost a lot of mid-movie fights.

I sometimes wonder if comments like these come from people who have not seen the movies since they were kids, if even that.

Except a bunch of tanks and trains and some planes :^)

HEY HEY HEY

COOL IT

well that's just it, shin can just get on that level by trying, he has no limits

Kek was that spin move really necessary?

Fuck I should check out more Godzilla. I never got into it and the only reason I got hypes for Shin is because Anno was on it, then I came into these threads for months and saw all the trailers and webms and shit and really liked his design. The other designs aren't actually as bad as I was under the impression of. Mainly as said, I envisioned those worst iterations when anyone mentioned Godzilla.

Welp time to watch some of them.

>bunker bomb him
>drop tactical nukes right after he's burst open
>nothing personal kid

>Kek was that spin move really necessary?

It worked, didn't it?

>Kek was that spin move really necessary?

That's not the atomic breath, that's the Spyral Ray, 700 times hotter than the sun, with the power of starts and stuff like that. It's an OP move that he got after absorbing Rodan's soul/life force.

If i remember correctly the only one that survived that more than once was destroyah

Wtf is up with the soundtrack to this

you cant bunker bomb him again, he hardened and has laser defenses that activate automatically, and even if you did that, it wouldn't kill him, just reduce him to biomass ready to reform, with the experience to combat it.

you idiots really don't get how OP "can adapt at will/ can reform /reproduce from cellular levels"

Any Canadian showings senpai?
I wanna see it real bad

>Anno
>Shinji-kun himself
>trailers look great
>japanese godzilla with an actual budget
>Cred Forums genuinely positive about it
>NO FUCKING UK RELEASE IN SIGHT

I want this suffering to end

they're all sold out fuck.
I'd suck someones dick for a ticket not even kidding

sorry senpai I'd give you a ticket if I could! it was great

I'm thinking of sneaking in desu.

I'm seeing it again tonight.
Suck it fags.
Gonna chug a 4Lokos and smoke a fat bowl before it.

>UK fucked
>Caribbean fucked

There was only a single showing at the theater near me and the whole place was packed with fat disgusting weeab fucks. Literally, and this is not an exaggeration, 1 in every 2 men there was wearing a fedora and I spotted one that was lumberjack plaid. The """"women"""" were as obese as the men and had fucked up hair of any number of unnatural, fluorescent colors. Every single time anyone in the movie spoke English or mentioned the USA the entire theater erupted into fat, sweaty laughter and at the end of the film they all clapped and cheered for a good minute.

The only people there that were even remotely human looking were two asian families and myself.

Fuck going to the movies.

Good luck
I want to go too. Fuck my life.

I thought it was gonna be near a christmas dvd/bluray release

>>The only people there that were even remotely human looking were two asian families and myself.

So in actuality, just the two asian families?

Oh yeah? Well I'll be dead by then either way.

why?

the new godzilla design is so scary

>You'll never get to experience this movie for the first time again
It was magic.

Oh wow, both times i bought tickets it sold out the next day.
I did not expect this to be so liked. The first time i went it was full of skinny nerdy weebs. Maybe half the theatre. There were some families and couples. Let's see what tonight is.

There is NOTHING wrong with going to movies alone asshole

>you'll never get to experience this movie in a theater

Ikr, I had the privilege to see it with a bunch of fans who really respected it, no giggles at inopportune times, but they got the humor, it just was great to be in a crowd that seemed to think the same way

Good.
My first viewing in Los Angeles on Thursday was fucking horrible.
They clapped at all the logos, and laughed at every other scene and line of dialogue. The only time it was quiet was during the beam attack. Then they started again and clapped at the end.
I wanted to kill myself.

I'm going tonight ;^)

I feel bad for anyone who watches any of these webms before seeing the movie.

POST YOUR FAVORITE POSTER

i honestly don't know if id be able to process it if I hadn't had some time to consider what he could do

I've seen all the leaks before it was released, been in the release threads and read the wiki synopsis. I'm still going to see it in theaters and I'm still hyped. Don't see what the big deal is.

>Godzilla
>1980
wut

The last few Heisei movies have the best posters.

best

You're retarded then, all the trailers show the best shots in the fucking movie already.
The only time he's not doing trailer shit is when he's standing fucking still.

Wrong

Probably the biggest impact the movie had was just how unpredictable the new Godzilla was. None of the trailers showed his other forms, how powerful his atomic breath is, or his other attacks. I went into this movie expecting his final form from the very start and that's it.

You guys seem kinda hostile on the fact that you've ruined that experience for yourselves. I honestly pity you for having no self control but also missing out on an incredible experience. Very rarely does a movie surprise legitimately me like Shin Godzilla did.

Oh well.

Someone fucking died during my showing and they had to cancel it. The theater is gave everyone a free ticket voucher which does fuck all for a limited movie at a theater 40m away from where I live. There's another viewing this Thursday and if I don't get to see it I'm going to fucking run whoever has to deal with me through all the stops.

don't make a character judgement that I have no self control because I don't subscribe to your idea that spoilers are bad. I enjoy finding out all I can about a movie before it drops, I enjoyed it. glad you enjoyed it too, but don't fucking make a vapid sweeping generalization, you cocksucking mouthbreather

>This mad he has no self control
You have my pity.

Well yeah I just didn't know it wasn't the atomic breath like the next poster said.

I didn't know that.

no I'm angry you are so unable to think others have different ways of enjoying movies and jump to thinking "well they must be just like me but with less self control, I'm better than them"

buy a ticket for another movie, go to shin. very easy.

sounds like my experience, minus the fedoras. I'd forgotten how obese people reek like corpses.

At least you've finally said it. It's the first step to recovery. You can make it through this user. I believe in you.

I really don't see what makes your movie experience better than mine. (also shit I hope you're meming because you're pretty cancerous)

Seeing it on the big screen with the music made the laser scene into a masterpiece unlike anything I've seen all year, and I was spoiled on webms.

His forms are increasingly destructive and horrifying. Makes sense that he would learn the the most destructive and horrible form would be human.

Wifu even says "humans are worse than Godzilla."

> 700 times hotter than the sun
I'm sorry but what? I seriously hope you do not believe the Spiral Ray is that hot.

I think it's even worse, his tail isn't thinning as those zillanoids are coming off, I think they'd coexist, being controlled by him, as if he was a mothership.

he's a final wars fan, he doesn't know how science works

STOP FIGHTING

YOU'RE TEARING THIS FAMILY APART

pretty clear to me that he would have divided into those, with no trace of the big guy let.

Find a flaw

Protip: You can't

eh I doubt it, he can have the best of both, he can make those new little guys and retain his form, think of it like this, taking the god symbolism further, men are his enemy, and so instead of becoming them, he's simply remaking them in his own image

Bad CGI scenes, boring and slow plot progression and uninteresting first hour.

I liked the opening scenes where they are following Godzilla with the camera, that was neat.

Shitty suit and boring villain

That and the ending were the best parts, the middle stuff with the UFO was lame.

Millennium era.
GMK is the only genuinely good one. Final Wars is enjoyable though.

Each of the 80-90 posters is so good it's hard to pick a favorite

you didn't like godzilla against mecha godzilla?

I agree.

Damn shame.

I don't really like any of them from that era. They kind of fall into a grey area where I can't enjoy them as fun movies like the Showa era and I can't take them seriously like the Heisei era.

The first Godzilla movie I saw was the 1998 one when it came out in America. I saw it in theaters as a boy. We were to go to a movie and we were deciding which one we wanted to see and I saw Godzilla there. I hadn't really watched anything Godzilla before this but knew he was a giant lizard t Rex sorta thing and that's it. Anyway, I thought that movie was fucking excellent as a kid. I don't remember too much but I rmemeber loving it. Well while trying to find which one it was and reading that this one got terrible reviews, was I just a kid that saw his first Godzilla movie? I kind of want to watch it again and see.

that's unfortunate

Don't watch it. Save the memory and watch a good movie instead.

have you seen the others now?

No. Well 2014, and want to watch Shin ASAP. I do want to go back and watch the others though.

2014 is another one of those with high criticism but I liked it as well. The criticism is 100% valid with the main character you don't care about, the military prep they spent way too much time on, Craston's char dying like right away, and Godzilla having like 6 minutes of screen time, but the good parts were good I guess. I dunno, I probably just haven't seen good zilla movies so I can't see just how shit these movies are. Maybe my lack of seeing Godzilla himself makes him more of a legendary character in my mind... Seeing more of him night make me want even more and even more? I dunno. I KNOW I'm seeing Shin as soon as humanly possible which will be bd release unfortunately.

Can't wait for that fan edit to come out.

If you enlighten the scenes you can see the obvious bad CGI

But you can't see anything otherwise, so I'll take this for now.

you know, prepare for the dialogue, and the political themes, so you can get it, but you are going to be absolutely blown away, if you're near me I'll get you a copy for christmas

1998 is a fun movie, but no actual Godzilla fan would consider it to be a godzilla movie. 2014 is a different story, but it comes off as "okay".

youtube.com/watch?v=zPxhdo4HDgg

Shin is a good starting point though. Otherwise follow one of the guides for jap godzilla stuff.

It's sad how much information was lost with the shitty blu-ray transfer. I remember seeing this scene in the theater and it was totally fucking clear. You can kinda make up for it by dropping the contrast like with that picture but it still looks washed out.

Why did they make it so fucking dark? Was the guy in charge of color grading it literally fucking retarded?

>1998 is a fun movie
Is it? I found it more annoying than anything, and the action wasn't entertaining at all.

yes

Nearest theater is 4 hours from me but I'm not sure I can make it.

WAIT I'm actually going to a big city with my family this weekend. Oh fuck oh man oh geez I gotta see if there are tickets available. They still sell tickets at the door if they're "sold out" online right? I haven't been to a big movie theater in seriously like a decade. My town is tiny and theater has 3 screens. Shit this might actually work out lads... His hope and optimism: restored (for now)

What's that clip from?

yeh, its the dumb, campy kind of fun

you really cant watch it with any sort of high expectations. I only like it because I watched it a bunch of times as a kid and now theres nostalgia attached to it. Dont think i would be half as interested in godzilla now if not for that movie so youve got to give it props for introducing a young generation to the G man

Its just too dumb for me. They repeat the same jokes over and over and every character is just a gag.

I don't know, I hated it as a kid and I hate it now. It actually got me more interested in film study because I was noticing how badly it was filmed and edited so I guess that is something I'll give the movie props for.

But yeah, looking back it just seems like a massive fuck you to anyone who was interested in Godzilla. Killing him with missiles at the end is pathetic and pretty tasteless from a cultural perspective.

You're both faggots. Get a room.

Godzilla Final Wars. One of the most over the top, wacky, action packed godzilla films there are. It's the go to for that sort of thing (check out that guide), but isn't recommended as an introduction. Some don't like it so much because it's so over the top, but it's fun.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but i'm pretty sure today is the last day it's airing in america.

>Cinema release extended by one week in Australia
God exists

Dude the movie is either out of theaters now or out of theaters tomorrow in the US, you have to make it work if you want to see Shin in theaters.

Yeah looks pretty crazy desu

Well fuck me then. God damn it.

>It's sad how much information was lost with the shitty blu-ray transfer.
The Star Wars and Lord of the Rings Blu-Rays had the same problems. Why are there so many incompetent people in charge of this shit?

It's not about preserving quality, it's about maximising profits in the cheapest way possible while presenting it as a gift to mankind.

where do you live?

Plenty of people in my theater went alone, just go user. Since its already a niche audience no one isnt going to judge you. My theater was about 30% singles.

Middle of Nowhere, South Dakota.

sorry man, that sucks

>Please no Shin Gojira: Army of Darkness

What if they got Bruce Cambell though? Like what if literally Bruce Cambell was the only English speaking character in a Japanese Godzilla film.

I'd watch it.

Actually love it desu. Cities are gay and city dwellers are usually inconsiderate dicks. Wish I lived a bit closer to a city though so I wasn't as isolated as I am. Oh well. This is literally the first time I'm going to a decent sized city in like a year. I just have no desire most of the time. Shin Godzilla is that once in a blue moon time. I'll survive until BD. These threads always keep me hyped but not too hype to where I wanna kill myself for not seeing it.

youtube.com/watch?v=kRSLCABT4g0

easily best gojira movie. I hope they submit it as japan's foreign oscar choice.

I agree. I used to live in SD too and my life has got significantly worse since I moved to the city.

>BD are like a special thing in Japan they come out maybe a year or two later
sauce for that? never heard of that before

Its in fuck all cinemas m8

This one scene from Mechagodzilla was better than this entire movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=JmlXRA9VGJ4

in what way? the effects are shit, the music is cheesy, and the tone is entirely different, I love it, but it's comparing apples to uranium 238

Mechagodzilla is overrated

I want to watch Shin Godzilla again so bad.

I love it but Shin Godzilla is the better film.

Why is it Ghidrah, and not Ghidorah?

forgot picture

Same reason Anguirus is sometimes called Angilas.

Fags don't know any better

I saw this movie on Saturday in a relatively full theater in South Carolina. Laughing the entire time until people started to get rekt. Lots of cheering whenever the USA is mentioned.

There was a girl clearly on the Autism Spectrum behind me. Obese, hair all matted. Came in with her mother, and this was clearly the first time in a while that she had left the house to see a movie. She spoke every time ShinG was onscreen. Usually something like "Uh-oh!" whenever he came into frame, or "Yes!" Cackled gleefully every time he wreaked havoc. I got through it by imagining her as a little girl with an intense fondness for the series, rather than the squealing slug that she as. It became almost endearing.

The crowd clapped at the end.

Guys big news Shin is getting an extended run!

scifijapan.com/articles/2016/10/18/shin-godzilla-extends-run-with-encore-saturday-matinee-and-screenings-in-select-cities-thru-october-27/

Fuck yes!

Fuck yes, this might give it the boost in reviews necessary to reach certified fresh on rotten tomatoes, and its a good sign about us getting the BD.

yeah! 200 theaters are showing matinees on the 22nd
and a lot of the rest will show it daily through the 27th

I can see it twice more now, fuck yes

Does it still count as a limited release if it is extended? Because then it would need 80 reviews not 40

wtf I believe in God now

yeah it's still counted as a limited release

don't you mean godzilla?

>tfw only one more showing here after tuesday
>at 230 pm when everyone I would want to go with is working

I'm tempted to go to a showing tonight but I'd be going alone. Not sure if that is worth it.

it is

I'm going with someone tonight but it's my second time so I can tell you it's deff worth to go alone user

If that's the only thing keeping you from going just fucking go.

Well I'm already seeing it again on Saturday, but maybe I will give it a go by myself.

wait is this your first time or have you seen it already?

> POST YOUR FAVORITE POSTER

> talking about the movie not the poster

Yeesh, I was talking about the poster. Although the person who said the suit is shitty can off themselves.

I've already seen it but goddamn it was fun so I'm planning on seeing it again with my dad on Saturday.

But I'm probably going solo tonight. So three times in total.

30 min til movie starts and theater is fucking empty.

Lucky. Both times I've seen it the theaters were packed. Had to settle for sub par seats both times.

Most people usually show up five minutes before the screening.

I was there like 45 minutes early and the whole place was empty and by the time the movie started the place was packed.

You'd be surprised. An hour or so before my showing the theater parking lot was 99% empty. Then my friends and I walked into the theater about 10 or so minutes before and it was fucking packed.

don't watch this if you haven't seen the movie, also, fuck you you ass

oh come on at least put spoilers you faggot

Mechagodzilla duology was GOAT

No one else in the thread has, why should I? I, and others who have posted the webms didn't either. Quit being whiny faggots

those didnt show kamata, that can be a big surprise in the theater you asshat

arguing about it is probably just gonna cause more people to be spoiled

>Going to a thread about a movie before watching the movie
You have only yourself to blame.

>tfw waiting on Spacegodzilla and Destroyah to come in the mail
fucking HURRY UUUPPPPP

I wish the rules about spoilers were still enforced.

I miss those days.

Come on friend. I haven't seen the show and I've seen these webums a trillion times. Plus, on mouseover you can see it's a webm of the movie so a smart man would close it right away.

I already watched it, I'm just thinking of others man

Heh, I was in line buying some shit at the store and perusing the little movie rack they had and I saw 2014 Godzilla. I was seriously tempted to pick it up just because I'm going through a Godzilla phase. I probably should have i think that was the bargain bin...

So it's only okay to spoil what you deem fit? No. Fuck you. If its okay to post a webm of the big atomic breath scene then I can post kamata-kun rampaging.

If you're going to post it at least use the spoiler tag, all it takes is a single fucking click you cunt.

I didn't post those and I don't think it's okay, so stop being an edgy autist and ruining it for people

>mfw I was the one who posted the big atomic breath scene with all the fire and condensing into a laser and stuff totally unspoiled because I didn't even think about it
Fine, I'll spoil them next time lads.
Not the other guy btw, just a random guy who loves that webm.

No. No one else has put their spoilers under tags so I'm not going to simply because you want me to.

Nah, I'll continue to post them since you're being a whiny faggot.

Especially since these have already been posted hundreds of times in Shin Godzilla threads.

Don't, that webm has been posted all over, basically everyone has seen it. It'd be pointless to start now.

see this guys alright, we say "please put spoilers on that", he says "sure I just like the scene" he's decent,

you are a massive faggot

holy shit fuck off you utter asshole

yes they have! most images in this thread that were from the movie had the spoiler tag

Calm down you lot. Just enjoy some Godzilla, you fucking turbonerds.

Not the big atomic breath scene and a lot of non-image spoilers

>people coming into a Cred Forums thread for a movie they haven't seen and getting asshurt about spoilers
how fucking stupid do you have to be?

so your logic is "I don't like what these people did so I'll do the exact same thing"

Yeah I dunno, I'm just on the sidelines watching them argue. On one side the user posting the images unspoiled kind of has a point because if you've been in more than one of these threads, you've seen those webms but on the other it is literally called a spoiler tag and they are spoilers if you haven't seen the movie.

I'm just going to stay on the sidelines and let them duke it out. I see both arguments desu

No, my logic is "no one else spoiler tagged spoilers for a movie, so why should I?" and "These webms have been posted in basically every Shin Godzilla thread, especially recently, so there's no point in spoiler tagging them now when they weren't previously".

Especially that Atomic breath webm, that's been around for months. There's no point in trying to "preserve" anything because people who haven't seen the movie wouldn't be in these threads or would have already seen these webms.

WHAT THE FUCK I WAS THE DUDE UP ABOVE THAT IS GOING TO A BIG CITY THIS WEEKEND

AHHH THEY'RE SELLING TICKETS

MY FUCKING DICK

The user posting spoilers intentionally is a faggot but the people getting triggered are worst. Expecting people to respect spoilers on Cred Forums is fucking stupid.

Scratch that.

Just end my life senpaitachi

I knew it would make you happy :)

don't worry it was just announced, so its gonna be a bit before the online sources are updated

I hope you're right. I'm bookmarking the official movie site because it has a super convenient theater locator which would have been useful when checking earlier today. Checking back every once in a while.

>"Katsura, I don't care if you're a robot I still love you!"

wonder if her vagina still works