>made two billion dollars at the box-office
>nobody remembers it less than a year after seeing it
Why is modern Hollywood so forgettable?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What movie is this again?

I blame social media.

More people hate Disney's Star Wars today than they did a year or even 6 months ago. That's progress.

More memorable than Jurassic Park, I don't remember shit about that movie except for the older brother who stared down those girls. But only because it is so relatable.

because people consume much more media daily than they did 10/20 years ago
when all you had to see was what was on 6 channels on tv and Star Wars at the theater, it's gonna stick much more than when you get notifications of your favorite youtubers uploading videos all day long

it's not the fault of Hollywood necessarily, it's just hard to make something that really sticks now

just another jj abrams made for syfy channel movie

his star treks were better in every way

Over marketed, over budgeted, over hyped, over produced movies made for the sole purpose of maximum profit.

Somewhere along the lines they stopped caring about making truly memorable good movies and instead went hardcore jew mode. Anything in this world that is marketed to obnoxious levels usually turns out bad or meh. Because that usually means trying to appeal to everybody.

>nobody remembers it

it's a rehash of a new hope, how can anyone forget it?

Rogue One is what 7 should have been

>take the ANH
>force in some capeshit jokes and SJW pandering
>everyone loves you for it
Man I envy Hollywood. They have the easiest jobs in the world.

So how do you rank the Star Wars movies Cred Forums?

The same as yours baby

It was poorly made rehash. I think even JJ pointed out that half the movie is references to ANH, like what the fuck. Make your own damn movie Disney

Was there a worse way they could've continued the series then that? Honestly, I would've preferred a prequels level clusterfuck of original awfulness over this neutral bland rehash bullshit. Because now forever after the star wars series is going to be stained by this rehash installment, for ever after episode 7 is going to be "that one that's like episode 4 but shitter".

Fuck Abrams.

Much like music, everything slated for a wide release is specifically designed to be a lot more homogeneous today. It's an industry dictated by executives and focus groups since no one wants to stick their ass out for risks. Everything is far too safe to have any soul.

After Star Trek into KHAAAAAAAAAAAAN I'm not surprised

What does Star Wars matter anymore? All the events of the good movies were for nothing. All that that faggot attachment all that nostalgia all that hero admiration was all so a jew in 2015 could redo it all again. You had 1 pass with TFA. If you give Disney more of your money you're a fucking asshole.

Reminder that this is the only legitimate review of TFA and everyone else was taking bribe money.

youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes

Because movies don't come from an artist's heart they are now meant to appeal to as many people as possible and make a lot of money so they are bland and forgettable.

Kill yourself you fucking piece of shit.

This.

They arent trying to make memorable movies theg are trying to keep you excited for whats coming out next. After its in theaters they dont make much more money off you rewatching it.

Should i have said It's what Episode 1 should have been?

the bad guys were looking for the droid? I can't remember that for some reason

>posting a movie that doesn't exist

It's so fitting that the kike remake doesn't have any numbers in its title.

For some reason almost nothing made after 2007 sticks anymore. 2008 marked the rise of social media and the first runs of the lhc

>damage control
Go to bed JJ

Yeah, this guy is correct.

Its not that first star wars trilogy was any better.

I was wondering when the disney shills/ lazy trolls were finally going to show up.

You shouldn't say anything seeing as you're clearly mentally deficient.

Hollywood is more machine now than man. Twisted and evil

He's right though. TFA really made the OT worse. Now I think they're all shit. If you want to attack anyone attack the retards shilling Rogue One.

The original star wars was a success only becouse it was first of its kind, how good was the story of the first trilogy? be honest.

It's classic marketing tactic

>new movie is about to come out
>"man the previous movie was complete shit. I'm glad we can all agree on that. Look at this new movie that does everything better"
>movie comes out
>makes tons of money because everyone is blinded by hype and peer pressure
>fifth months later, word of mouth changes for the worse and new movie is announced
>"man the previous movie was complete shit. I'm glad we can all agree on that. Look at this new movie that does everything better"

This is how capeshit has managed to remain so profitable despite years of making nothing but shit.

>nobody remembers it
>can't stop making threads about it ten months later

hmmm

first 30 minutes of the movie are about bb8 and his mcguffin

Well it's classic mythology re-skinned for space, so pretty damn good. There is nothing original is Star Wars other than its setting. The rest of it is the same story people have been telling for millennia.

Disney slid their dick down your throat and you thanked them for it. This is magnitudes more fucked up than the prequels. Star Wars is a bigger joke than ever. It should be brought up every hour.

They were a bit inconsistent about it, too. Like when they sent TIE fighters down for some carpet bombing the outpost Rey, Finn and BB-8 were at. They wanted to recover the map intact but laid waste to the whole location. BB-8 was even hit by a glancing shot. Could've easily destroyed it.
The droid stopped being central to their operation when Kylo saw that Rey had seen the map in the Millenium Falcon, so he just took her instead.

it was a shoe inf or a billion movie because of the hype. real test will be how much the next 2 make

basically uninspired shit.

Don't get me wrong, the second trilogy and the new movie are just as bad.

I wish they didn't make Kylo Ren. He's the only reason I want to see the sequels.

Because it's meant to be. It's based only on publicity to get one big hype that will last the first week and gets the more bucks possible.

>and the first runs of the lhc

rogue one and han solo are going to kill off more audience than they are expecting.

I don't think IV-VI are shit, but I am rather distraught about the fact that I think less of them now for some reason. The magic that I felt for 25 years of my life went away.

it is brought up every hour, autistic faggots.

>how good was the story of the first trilogy? be honest
It was great, I'm genuinely sorry you can't see that. How many storys end with a character risking not just their life, but the whole cause they've been fighting for just for a chance to redeem their father who up til then had been nothing but a bastard? And then have that faith be vindicated? I am genuinely sorry for you.

>nobody remembers
>starts a thread about movie that no oe remembers

It's been almost a year, and butthurts still cant get over that TFA was success with both fans and normies.

Many of us fans have only recently began realizing how fucking shit TFA really is. More people are going to speak up about the butchering of Star Wars. Get used to it.

Go back to making more Rogue One "hype" threads, Disney shill scum.

Its a Soap opera tier script.

>>made two billion dollars at the box-office
>>nobody remembers it less than a year after seeing it

What is James Cameron's Avatar?

If by more people you think 10 edgy kids who are starting this type of thread every 2-3 days, then, you are right.

I'm proud of anons like you.

You seem to be awfully mad that not everyone bought into this jew scam.

Hollywood
>why take risks, we just sell names and nostalgia

George took risks.... I miss you George.

Do you guys actually watch the movie when you go to the theatre and not just fingerbanging your date?

>butchering of Star Wars

Star Wars was already dead. Lucas killed it with the prequels. Disney is just Weekend At Bernie's-ing that shit and laughing about it all the way to the bank.

Because it's safe.

The music is safe. The writing is safe. The characters are safe.

It's all bland, it works but it's the safest they can come up with, no risk taken, no real thinking. They just take what they know is going to work without a doubt and build from there.

It's not a problem with Hollywood, it's a problem with Disney. They've been doing the same shit with capeshit for years.

No real soundtrack to hum after the movie, no dialogue to remember, no risky plot. Just a bland formula that will make money.

>Lucas killed it with the prequels.
Nope. The prequels have nothing to do with the OT now being a complete waste of time.

This
Hollywood bores me.

>nobody remembers it
>at least one thread about it every day

lad...

>instead they could have began the film WAY before Kylo Ren builds his new Empire with Snoke and actually show how he slowly recrouted everyone otherwise it makes absolutely no sense how all of a sudden they are building the biggest and most powerful weapon in the entire galaxy when all the Empire were destroyed at the end of return of the Jedi
oh yeah and starkiller base gets destroyed the same way as the death star in a new hope...

>Bribe money

Stop being retarded, those other reviewers simply have shit taste.

> prequels have nothing to do with the OT now being a complete waste of time

Neither does The Force Awakens, because the original trilogy is not a waste of time. "Star Wars is dead" is not synonymous with "The original trilogy is bad" - rather, everything surrounding it has been tainted. The prequels sought to expand the mythology, but failed to successfully craft good films. The Force Awakens, on the other hand, is an entertaining film that failed to expand the on mythology of Star Wars. Pick your poison, I suppose. The only Star Wars films that successfully blended imaginative sci-fi fantasy and quality film-making are the originals.

I honestly find him to be the only interesting character.

TFA literally starts by saying that nothing in OT matters at all because it all reset itself to pre-ANH state.

Not counting midichlorians, the prequels actually never hurt the OT same way TFA does.

>My memory is bad
Cool story brah.

>save the cat: space edition

this is all the flick is, it's what every capeshit is

>a bloo bloo not muh fairy tale ending
>han and leia didn't stay happily married with 10 million kids named and free everyone who died in the war
>Luke didn't become muh Mary sue Jedi Master who has mastered light and dark sides of the Force and can open black holes in space

Oh fuck off you child

>whines about Luke being Mary Sue
>while defending The Feminist Awakens
kek

Some combination of these. And probably targeting box office as money maker. People don't buy dvd/blurays now, they stream with low price or just pirate shit so studios are not interested to create something that people will want to buy and rewatch over and over.

You only think Rey is a Mary sue because you didn't understand the movie or Kylo Ren and him losing to her emasculated you

I'm sorry you're a virgin

>The ground suddenly breaking apart during Kylo and Rey's end fight
How can people seriously defend this. Is Rey some kind of super force now?

>But the planet was collapsing within itself before it blew up
And it just so ironcally happens right by Kylo/Rey as it splits them apart? Or did Rey's force powers cause this?

I am sorry but this is so cartoon writing. There is just no realism at all in this scene.

Call me autistic but TFA felt almost whole, almost. It's missing something I can't quite put my finger on. It FELT like a Star Wars movie but in my heart I know it isn't one.

It's not really Hollywood, it's us getting older and already being familiar with every plot twist and story arch imaginable - think, what in Episode VII was at all original?

Of course, this board is no doubt filled with younger posters too but even they have all the access to any movie/show they want so they're probably spoiled too.

We've simply hit a plateau as far as being engaged goes. NOTHING is exciting or new any more unless you're a child or just stupid, evident by the popularity of superhero movies and tv shows which all follow the same plots year in year out, same for video games too.

Of course you'll have noticed that internet fandom fans the flame of fandoms and HYPE constantly and every game developer or actor is promoting their content as 'Exciting, you'll be shocked/surprised/we've never done this before/ Prepare to be blown away' etc. and time and again, people fall for it.

A friend excitedly showed me the Rouge One trailer recently and I was unshaken. It's nothing new and I couldn't help but think that Star Wars, another big franchise, is going to go the route of those banal, almost perfunctory superhero films chock full of spin offs, crossovers and several of them each year. No doubt the main trilogy will now be influenced by all the spin offs they do.

I truthfully cannot recall the last time I was ever excited or surprised at a piece of media in the last decade or so and I used to get excited a lot by shows and games.

>nobody remembers it
Is this supposed to be bait?

It's not hard to figure out, dumbo. It's a remake reboot. It wipes its ass with Luke Skywalker etc just so they can rip off Luke Skywalker etc.

You're not autistic, you're fucking retarded.

Shut the fuck up.

Even the prequels feel more like real SW movies than TFA.

>tfw might actually be legally retarded

Make Me.

Faggot.

>y-you're just stupid virgin
Classic. Always when Disney cocksuckers have to defend awful writing and Mary Sues.

New stories are possible but Hollywood doesn't want to tell them. They just reuse the same stories and characters and change actors around. But if they want to, they could still surprise us.

I really hope that's pasta because that's a whole lot of empty words.

I don't care about your retarded feelings. It shit on the classic trilogy and that's what matters. If you're so stupid that you're fooled by a cheap star wars veneer you should kill yourself.

>>nobody remembers it less than a year after seeing it
where does this bait assumption come from desu?

>modern hollywood
i genuinely dont remember anything past 2008

last two good movies i remember watching in the cinemas are hot fuzz and tropic thunder

Avatar 1 was only memorable for the 3D and Digital 2K resolution that was literally it

This is what happens when you trade a filmmaker for a jew businessman.

You lose. That's what happens. Keep repeat your RLM memes while the jew fucks you good and proper.

Yeah, but Daisy's a cute.

That's a filthy lie. She's average at best.

>nobody
That's why we have threads about this movie literally constantly.

Threads about how awful it is. So yeah, I guess it was memorable in that way.

>Cred Forums is everyone

You remembered well enough to post about it.

>dude how did Luke just happen to fall into a garbage chute and not die on bespin

that was literally the plot of the movie user