youtube.com/watch?v=4k2ArywRQ0g

Other urls found in this thread:

assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Aguilar_de_Nerha
youtube.com/watch?v=PALjbTo1D5U
youtube.com/watch?v=jyi3XNgrSdY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Looks alright

Michael K. Williams is a definite plus

I hope this has a 30 min pointless trip to China to showcase the Chinese Assassins so that they can market this to China

"We've traced his bloodline ... to the assassin's creed?"

YESSSSS

AYO

>Pseudo historic film that wants you to be invested and take it serious
>Based of a video game franchise, while overrated the developers do spend alot of detail crafting the worlds. Especially in the first 3 games.
>trailer uses a shitty rock song

Honestly why even take anything serious anymore... fuck off shilling this bullshit.

Cred Forumseddit

They forgot to render his sideburns. Fix your shit ubisoft.

I hate the music but I feel like this is gonna be the fabled Game Movie Savior, the one that proves vidya movies can work.

why is the main character white? shouldnt he be like, brown?

WE

do you know ANYTHING about genetic lineage? I don't

This. I know this is a new trailer and there aren't too many views yet, but that fucking song was abysmal and I think majority of people will agree.

The whole trailer made it look like Prince of Persia schlock

Looks like shit. A shame. I really liked the games.

Looks great.

Fuck the music though.

Lower than 50% on RT, but movie will be actually very good.

Screencap this.

What if it's actually good?

>Past scenes will all be in Spanish
It will be kino but normies will hate it.

Looks pretty generic.

I'm predicting Prince of Persia reaction: passable but nothing worth remembering.

The dawn of vidyakino is only going to be heralded by a flagship film that normies know and love.

So until there's a Halo, Legend of Zelda, Call of Duty, or Super Mario Brothers film thats actually well received...vidyakino slumbers.

I'm spanish and I'm sure they will destroy the accent and vocabulary of that era.

This is all but guaranteed.

i know assbender isnt middle eastern and is white as white could be. they could have at least got someone who looks middle eastern if they are not.

Apparently only 30% takes place in medieval and the rest is in a futuristic present

I hope this is true

>directed by the guy who made Snowtown and Macbeth
>Micheal Fassbender

are you guys ready for vidyakino?

I don't get the title. They're assassins not thieves right? Why would they by greedy?

and marion

He's not supposed to be Middle Eastern

they are greedy for the man booty

and who can blame them

Will this be vidyakino? Will it finally break the curse?

Whoa are you saying actors in an action film based off a videogame that's like five installments past its prime aren't going to use 15th century Spanish syntax?

I'm out, bomb of the year.

The Abstergo sets look pretty good

i thought he was in the games? isnt his name ali something?

Is there any reason that the Animus is basically some shitty VR system? Wasn't it like the Matrix? Sorta, simulated reality based off of memories. Wtf is this shit.

irish from battlefield 4?

That's when I finally realized...
I was The Assasain's Creed® (2016): 20th Century Fox™

assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Aguilar_de_Nerha

>Aguilar de Nerha[1] was a member of the Spanish Brotherhood of Assassins during the 15th century. He wore robes bearing Moorish influence and wielded two Hidden Blades. He is an ancestor of Callum Lynch, who relived his genetic memories at some point in the modern era

>"Aguilar" is a Spanish surname meaning "relative to eagles".

OMAR BE HERE YO

are they trying to lose money, these trailers are so poorly done

Because a guy sitting in a chair with a headset is boring, he needs to be hooked up to some kind of gyroscopic doodad that provides jobs for 20 people

IMMMMAAA GAWDDDD

Didn't they learn anything from the hate the first trailer got for playing kanye west? this isn't on that level but still kind of shitty.

guess i was thinking of the wrongone, cant blame me there are dozens of these ass creed games

What's the point then? Make it in english and call it a day.

Wtf is up with this

Why are they giving Fasbender a belt + the hiddenblade gloves on?

Why are they putting him in a fucking ragdoll simulator? The animus isnt a fucking tivoli ride.

And lastly what is the fucking plot?

>WE TRACED YOUR BLOODLINE
>NOW GO DO PARKOUR STUFF IN OUR NEW RAGDOLL MACHINE

I don't get it.
It looks shit.

>cant blame me

Can and will actually.

Is this an image from the Matrix reboot starring Fassbender as Neo?

Because seeing a guy lie on a bed for 40% of the movie is boring.

I predict this'll be okay at best.

I like how they spoiled the entire movie that eventual him and the other animus junkies will use their VR skills in the real world to escape

its a plot device

How is the science in the movie even possible? Memory from 500 years ago? Really?

I'm surprised they didn't release this film under the occulus rift effect.

>Fassbender enters the medieval period and you are able to put on the occulus rift and look around the place for a few minutes before the scene changes
This film could have sold dozens of tickets if they did this effect which has never been done before

>How is the science in the movie even possible?

Man Terminator must piss you off.

So this is set during the time of the Spanish Inquisition?

I didn't expect that.

genetic memory. of course it's not real but it's a classic science fiction device (see: dune).

AC Unity is pretty cheap, is it worth getting or is it still a performance mess?

>How is the science in the movie even possible?

calm down Cred Forums faggot, save your rage for when this film completely rapes the game lore.

F L O P
L
O
P

>examples of video game movies that aren't total shit

hit me up senpaitachi

They should have just made this a WWII movie where Fassbender has to go into the mind of one of his german Nazi grandfathers and try to stop him from committing evil acts.

It gets Oscar nominated

>calm down Cred Forums faggot

Yes, I am obviously the angry one here and not you.

>reliving memories
>stop him from committing acts already committed in the past

Think before you speak.

that was such a meme trailer

Calm down Cred Forums faggot.

>Let him lie in bed
>focus more on him being IN the animus
>Make the final scene about how "the bleeding effect" has made its impact on him, and show him escaping

There, no ragdoll simulator.

Can't you just admit you were too lazy to google the information and instead made a bunch of poorly made assumptions?

I mean you're no different from the other morons on this board, you're in good company at least.

I fucking hate how bad Hollywood trailers are. Any autist on youtube could have made something better than this. It's like they don't want to make money.

uhh dumb frog poster?

>Any autist on youtube could have made something better than this.
You seen the fan made David Lynch's Return of the Jedi trailer?
youtube.com/watch?v=PALjbTo1D5U

Fan made stuff is pure genius (especially fan made posters)

Calm down Cred Forums faggot.

*Half-whispers* I'M ACTING

Looks pretty mediocre
Assassins Creed should have ended with Ezio, it's been shit for years now

>I don’t have a video game player … that’s not what they’re called. [Laughs]

Nothing says Spanish inquisition quite like rap music.

This animus is fucking retarded.

>all those racists in the comments complaining about the music

>we've traced his bloodline back 500 years... to the Assassin's Creed®

Looks promising, but idiot in charge of editing in that music should be fired.

>"Aguilar" is a Spanish surname meaning "relative to eagles".

Sounds like it means "relative to angles" though.

>yfw when they do the ancient aliens shit and everyone in the theaters is confused

this is fucking horrible. Is this a joke?

>yfw Fassbender will spend 10 actual hours searching hints and secrets so the reveal makes sense.

Pretty based that Fassbender couldn't give a fuck about a vidya movie but accepted in exchange for a Producer credit so he could reunite the Kurzel / Fassbender / Cottillard team from Macbeth in a mainstream big budget film.

>yfw americans will think Spanish inquisition is a fantasy world

That was pretty shitty desu

They probably think Spain is a fantasy land too.

>tfw American SJWs complain that whitey speaking Spanish is "problematic"

You have Michael FUCKING Fassbender and you give him corny shit like "heh. yeah, party's just getting started"?
I hope that's not actually in the movie.

Then you have Cotillard being shit, as usual.

Hopefully it's just the trailer that's shit. I actually want to see a video game movie succeed.

Heh those other posts were not me, so you can take your wrong opinion and shove it up your faggot hole :)

>this movie is a massive success
>vidya games becomes the new capeshit

Holy shit this board can actually get worse can't it?

I can't wait to hear them complain about Hollywood whitewashing the Spanish inquisition.

When she says "welcome to the spanish inquisition" is she referring to a time period or what? Wasn't that like a decades long event?

>We've traced his bloodline back five hundred years....to the Assassin's Creed

Can someone explain that line? It makes no sense to me.

>they didn't even get jesper kyd for a trailer song

Looks like shit

plot twist
animus doesn't just playback memories
it's actual, honest to god time travel

>implying normies don't like Assassins Creed

Are you serious?

Just watch Alatriste desu

Asscreed 3 had imagine dragons for one of their trailers and i didnt think it was bad. not sure anyone complained about the trailer at the time tbhwyf.

It is though

you didnt even watch it did you?

im planning on watching this soon. do you recommend?

It's good. Do you understand Shakespearean English when it's spoken without subs?

So is Ezio confirmed?

read macbeth in school. actually live in scotland too.

>not enough strong female characters in a film flooded with typical white male heros

Absolutely. The visuals are stellar and the acting is top notch. A lot of people were annoyed that it didn't focus on Lady Macbeth like most adaptations but it went more for a PTSD angle with Macbeth which i thought was interesting.

I just want to see that wrist blade thingy used more often

>why is the main character white? shouldnt he be like, brown?
This isn't a sequel to Creed

>antichristian movie glorifying medieval islamist terrorists
>christian crusaders are the bad guys, islamist terrorists the heroes

Who financed this drivel, some saudi oil sheikh?

why is a robot trying to grab his ass, have they become sentient AND gay?

I like how the other guy completely missed what you did

ubisoft. so yes.
also how long will it take people to realise its not based on any of the games' settings.

The French, which is basically a shartria country

no, just a normal Irish

>This game was developed by a multicultural team of various faiths and beliefs

That is how every Assassins creed starts I think.

That doesn't make any fucking sense...

>hurr durr your ancestors used to live in Spain during the spanish inquisition
>you are now le superhero in Spain

...what in the flying fuck?

>movie with historical setting
>hip hop music

Its fantasy

You haven't played any Assassins Creed games have you?

>playing toys for kids

Grow the fuck up, retard.

>posts on a thai tranny cock worshiping forum

>>christian crusaders are the bad guys, islamist terrorists the heroes
In the first game, the Islamic terrorist you play is made to realise his mentor is corrupted when several of his templar victims don't appear to be the monsters they were supposed to be, and their hard or even cruel actions were motivated by what they perceived was necessity rather than sadistic enjoyment.
Both sides want peace, Templars want it through order and control, Assassins believe men have the potential for peace in themselves and would prefer to let men achieve peace on their own.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHY DO THEY HAVE TO RUIN ANYTHING INTERESTING

This happened even harder, particularly in AC3 where ubisoft got kinda scared that they rationalised the Templars TOO much to the point they focused much less on assassins v templars in 4
I didn't play Unity or Syndicate and I hear, contrary to what the reviewers all said, the story in Rogue was dogshite and contrived

Top kek

>it's a "the Christians are the bad guys" episode

Stop posting remoaners on this brexit supporting board

>genetic memory
So... Genetics? Isn't that 100% what genes are? Why do they have to call it genetic memory? Why not just genes?

Are they trying to appear all super 2deep4u?

What did he do, user?

Finally, I am become, Assassin's Creed

Genes aren't actually memories user. I can't take your genes and conclude what your father did in his life before he made you.

Genes provide the blueprint for development. Memory is exclusively stored in the brain.

Explain this meme picture for me

wish same people who edited the Macbeth trailers edited this

BAHAHAHAHAHA

So... Memes? Like not internet memes, but real life memes?

but he's black idiot. there were no blacks in spain during these times.

Sort of.
But again it is very literal. In the Assassins Creed universe that machine can literally replay the memories of your ancestors just through your dna.

>what is sci fi

>being a stupid aborted virgin

Hm. So as someone asked above what the hell is the plot of this movie? I only played the first game a long time ago and barely remember the plot of that. I don't really remember why he had to go back in time in that game, and this trailer says nothing of why he has to now...

So you believe that before the 1900 all blacks in the planet were in Africa?

Implementing VR in theaters is way more costly than 3D it will never happen.

In the first game they wanted a map. Which was hidden in the memories of your ancestor. But you had to restore your memories from an earlier point because you had to get accustomed to the animus. It was just a vehicle to drive the story which worked well for the medium. It was a computer simulation so you weren't actually being hit if you were hit in the game it just meant you were not perfectly synchronized.

For the medium videogames that was a very clever way to tell the story.

Then later in the games they explain that you naturally get the abilities of your ancestors if you spend enough time in the animus. Which I guess is the plot of this one considering how the animus looks in the trailers.

>They send him back in time
>he appears in africa
>entire plot is about starving to death in his little shitty mudvillage
Sign me up!

>Then later in the games they explain that you naturally get the abilities of your ancestors if you spend enough time in the animus. Which I guess is the plot of this one considering how the animus looks in the trailers.
Yeah, as someone again pointed out earlier in the thread, the trailer basically spoils that they're use their VR training in the animus to escape.

So I guess that's the plot. They need something from the past, they probably get it or get close, then the animus nerds rise up with their newfound assassin skills and escape, probably killing the big bad.

>Then later in the games they explain that you naturally get the abilities of your ancestors if you spend enough time in the animus
thought it was just a training thing, like if it was the matrix instead of popping in a cd to learn kung fu you let a computer take over doing all the moves until you learn to do them naturally

never post this again

What about the Moops?

i liked the prince of persia the movie, so i think ill like this also

It's weird, the premise of this isn't any dumber than most B-movies I've watched and enjoyed and yet something about it is unbelievably retarded to me. It looks so fucking stupid.

We wuz eagles n sheeeyit.

Nobody did.

>it's the "Spanish inquisition was evil" meme

STEP ASIDE CAPESHITKINO

VIDYAKINO IS HERE TO STAY

Fuck off back to Cred Forums

Christianity certainly did have it's dark moments. The spanish inquisition is among that.

kys

>He fell the Spanish Inquisition was le evil meme
It was British propaganda.

They could've just slapped this song on the trailer and made it 10 times better.
youtube.com/watch?v=jyi3XNgrSdY

Lolno. Asscreed is already a dead licence

S
RED AND YELLOW FLAGS?
IN SPAIN?
IN THAT PARTICULAR PERIOD OF TIME?

AC3 was the worst AC game.
And that's saying something.

The spanish inquisition had a non-religious origin. It was created and funded by the king, not the pope. It's like blamming Presbiterans for CIA.

This is why Cred Forums should be removed

You fucking retards infest every fucking board, and shitpost.

The most hilarious shit is that 99% of you think you are some fucking enlightened "redpilled" individuals, who are above society, because you can see the glitches in the Matrix. You believe the greatest minds of the 21st century, are all fucking gathered on your memeboard.

Top kek KYS, for the sake of humanity.

Go share your videos about Neil deGrasse on Tumblr. And then KYS.

Yes.

Rogue story:
Assassins are going to destroy the world with their shit, you side with templars and kill assasses.

>Saying kys unironically
Kill yourself you underage faggot

Nah, that's "angular".

What the fuck are you even posting about? This post has nothing to do with the topic at hand, it's just you getting triggered that someone responded to you.

Where do you see a red and yellow flag?

Not any of the guys you quoted, but really, the Spanish Inquisition has been WIDLY exaggerated. Like, the one you know from legends or popular media has absolutely nothing to do with the real one.

Not in how they really acted and did to their prisioners, or who they persecuted and why (no witchcraft shit), or how long it lasted and, especially, the number of people they persecuted.

And I'm not a polfag or anything like that, it's just a fact.

Any good books on the subject you recommend user?

>we've traced his bloodline back 500 years... to the Assassin's Creed®

>And I'm not a polfag or anything

Prove it by posting a reputable source on anything you just posted

lul I too was like wtf did they just force in the use of assassin's creed in a sentence

also shit music

Can't really remember much beyond whatever Henry Kamen wrote in regards to it.

Which, interestingly, Kamen's name was written in Fassbender's cell.

I'm not even white (I'm an Argentinian with a lot of native American blood) or right oriented. And I didn't say that what they did was right, far from it.

But the exaggeration is well documented by many historians that don't really have a bias towards Spain or Christianity (can only remember Kamen, though), and I don't really have a bias towards them (actually dislike Spain a bit).

Fassbender doesn't even look like he's trying.. Do you think he feels bad that he dragged his Macbeth coworkers into this mess?

of course they are, it's the whole fucking point of those marxist games, they even made a fucking game where byzantine are evil and muslim constantinople is multicultural heaven...

still waiting on that source

The Spanish Inquisition: A Historical Revision. London and New Haven: Yale University Press (2014)

You'd have to buy it, though :)

Gallegos putos.

I can't believe this shit is actually coming out. This feels like the kind of thing you'd hear was coming and then it was in development hell for 10 years before being officially cancelled. It's probably going to be hot garbo but at the same time it's kinda cool that it's happening at all.

PICARO
I
C
A
R
O

>mfw vidya kino is here

Not so fast senpai. The real vidyakino is going to be Tom Clancy™'s The Division™ starring our guy Jake Gyllenhaal.

Specially now that Ubi threw it under the rag after the mediocre sales of Unity and Syndicate.

Reminder that this director already made kino

Literally vidyakino

Why do they keep using hip hop and nurock songs for these trailers? Do they think the "urban market" won't go see a historical video game movie otherwise? It honestly just makes the movie look shittier by mixing the historical visuals with the modern music.

I dunno if that's what'll actually be in the movie but that would sure fucking ruin it if every fight scene went slowmo with "HUMANS BEINGS IN A MOOOOB..."

Reminder vidyakino will never be a thing because video games will never be art. They will always be seen as toys for manchildren

>most of the movie takes place in abstergo
cant believe they added the worst part of the series

WoW director made Moon.
And see what happened. Vidya is antithesis of kino. Kubrick, Herzog, Kurosawa.. no matter who in on the camera, it will be shit.

at least he was not bullied in school and found he was part of the ASSASSINS CREED.

Moon was tremendously overrated

That Assassin's Creed namedrop is the most ridiculous goddamn thing. It's never been used in that context in the games.

I can only imagine the fatal dosage of cringe I would have when they inevitably do the Swan Dive into hay bales and all the teenagers and fratbros fucking lose their minds at "how fucking sick that was".

>Man's gotta have a Creed:tm:

Btw, does Cred Forums only shut the fuck up about MUH WHITE GENOCIDE DIVERSITY when the black guy is a prisoner?

>depicts black men in prison, which is a fault of the racist socioeconomic climate in america

Look pretty boring, thanks for postinga warning against this shit

600M confirmed. I like assassins Creed games, but I wish they would tone down with the sjw shit

I need the song fammi. What is it?
I dig it.

>you are now aware that the mysterious blade lady is the wife of the Dogtooth/Lobster guy.

Pretty interesting theory desu.

I'll be interested to see it get tested with AssCreed

again with the terrible trailer music

but oh well, might be good, might be shit

I can already see the retard tier vulgar auteur reviews for this..

"cinema as a tragic simulation of the past, abusive relationship of the viewer juxtaposed with the charaters of the film..."

Fassbender is way too old looking for me to believe this desu. Dude looks like grandfather tier old

>Release date: 5 days after Star Wars

WHAT IS THE SONG I CAN@T LOCATE IT ON GOOGLE.

ITS FUCKING TRASH YOU DINGUS HOW MUCH OF A SHIT TASTE CAN ONE DEVELOP?

>looks great XD

I want the fucking kids to leave. This looks really, really bad. And I was a big fan of the first two games

You don't know shit.
>MUH ORCHESTRA ON TRAILERS.

Just tell me what shitty band is this..

This is going to be so fucking bad. Who even cares about the storylines in AC games?

Wow this actually looks bad. Shitty cgi everywhere. The first trailer looked so good

Revelations was much worse

Fassbender c'mon. You could do so much better.

>liking AC1
Gross

2 and Black Flag are the only good ones.

THose first 5 seconds, giving a summury of the trailer so the ADHD kiddo's don't lose attention.

>but there can't be black assassins in SPAIN!

Do you idiots know what an ancestor is or not?

>Iberians

>Not MOORED to Negrodem years ago

It's for when it autoplays on Facebook