google.co.uk/maps/@38.4743645,-109.7420631,19z/data=!3m1!1e3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dolores has been spitroasted by horses at least once

Quit my job today boys, thank christ

LIFE IS A SIMULATION

WAKE UP SHEEPLE

GOD IS DEAD

Deadworld is best new show!!

Bernard is an android that Arnold uploaded his consciousness/"story" to before dying.

Dolores is a mary sue that will ruin the show

Do the horses in Westworld have accurately modelled horse cock and horse pussy? Is there a guy in the horse department whose job it is to make them?

Would it be a regular enough occurance that guests attempted anything with the horses to make it worthwhile going to this effort?

Yes

I imagine everything is 3D printed

>tfw no mare fucking theme park

>someone scanned a horse penis

>incredibly deep and nuanced show
>want to discuss it with Cred Forums
>Cred Forums just wants to talk about horse cocks

Why are you all such faggots

>he doesn't want to talk about horse cocks
Fucking faggots

She's not a Mary Sue you dip. The whole point is that her brain is finally overcoming the last step in it's pathway to sentience. She literally "couldn't" pull the trigger, but suddenly remembering all of the times she's been raped in that barn, she could.

She wasn't even a good shot, just up close with him.

Horse cocks are patrician theme for discussion

Fuck off. Dolores is not Danny.

Hey, horse pussy is just as important

>robots are slowly breaking down the show and will eventually start killing guests
anyone else bored by this?

>Deep and nuanced show
>Shakespeare quotes every episode
>Alice in Wonderland reference last episode
>Rolling Stone and Soundgarden songs on the soundtrack

Yeah you're better off discussing horse cocks than how "deep and nuanced" this show where there are so many inconsistencies people still don't know how the guns work let alone why robots can wander off in a closely monitored theme park.

Will Teddy become the Gunslinger?

Why don't they just rewrite the code?

What the fuck were those weird monster noises during that fire fight where the guys in masks show up?

How often does the park loop?
Do all the guests get let in during one and then have to leave at the end?

Those two friends have been in the park while Dolores has woken up more than twice I think so how does this work? Can you run into the same hosts but relooped? Surely this would ruin a guest's immersion.

The show has no direction at all and is not engaging on any level and the only thing to talk about is the bullshit ambiguities and mysteries so yeah you could call it boring.

>deep and nuance talk
>THIS GUY IS A HOST, NO EVERYBODY IS A HOST
>DUDE SHRINK RAYS
>MIB = JFK

horsecocks doesn't seem to bad

>/ww/
pls no

Teddy and Delores is Adam and Eve
MiB is the snake
Nigga is the devil
Ford is god

She's an "in-universe" Mary-Sue.

Watch Bone Tomahawk

Is this show any good? I see it talked a lot here. Wondering if i should put time into it

The smoke monster

I think after they 3D print the horse there is a team of crafts people who detail it. I bet there is one person trying to sculpt each individual horse penis just right. A god damn Rembrandt with those horse genitals.

Stop asking obvious distracting questions it's only been three episodes we have to watch at least five season before we can pass judgement on the show.

best new, but not the best atm

>She's an "in-universe" Mary-Sue.

Fuck I hate this board, I hate it so fucking much.

its only been 3 episodes but they've been good

though this show is on a slipperly slope of LOST tier shit territory where every episode just gives you more questions than answers

Oh god no

Not even HBO would explore that potential of the story

Did anyone else notice that Dolores had blood on her dress in one shot, and in the next shot it was gone? HBO has really gone to the dogs

Is it an Indian death whistle? Were those guys supposed to be natives?

Good bait.

It's Dollaris not Dolores, a reference to the film "A Fistful of Dollars".

Lisa Joy spells it out in an interview.

>tfw to intelligent and observant for westworld

more like watch Apocalypse Now

Wyatt has gone full Heart of Darkness with God complex

How do they make them small?

Woah, who's that cutie?

Well it's a handcrafted park, the host groups are not perfectly recreated tribes/cultures.

Maybe the elderly boss watched Bone Tomahawk and thought "Hey, that'd be a cool thing to put in my world".

What has she done that's Mary Sue like? Get raped 4000 times? She's only just shot a guy, and she only barely can answer any real questions by extrapolating data.

I mean a Mary Sue should be fucking stuff up left and right, and she's only barely flying under the radar with Bernard knowing the truth.

It's more of a case that she's a danger to their system, but they let her get out of hand until it's too late. Like a train coming in the distance, but you haven't moved from the tracks.

You don't get the meaning of "in-universe", do you?

Ford created her as a Mary-Sue, and everyone likes to fuck the Mary-Sue.

/wwg/ or /wg/ for the general name?

>You don't get the meaning of "in-universe", do you?

Jesus christ I wish they could still burn people like you at the stake.

Do you think Ford knew that giving Teddy his Wyatt backstory/mission would disrupt Dolores' usual actions during the shooting/raping?

There's also a shot in the elevator where Thor's brother is checking out his gun and you can see the orange ring inside the barrel (required by US law to be there). Total bush league production error.

Mary Sue means shes a girl in Westworld sense

What happens to her after like getting raped doesn't matter

She is the perfect lure in the western sense

Sweet, innocent farmer's daughter who is optimistic and lovelorn. She won't give away her chastity unless you take it from her.

>>Shakespeare quotes every episode
>>Alice in Wonderland
can you tell me how Shakespeare quotes help the show? Like how are they related to its themes? Or are they just thrown in so it sounds deep?

Why don't they have black hosts?

>You don't get the meaning of the new definition I made up do you?

That's one of many elements that make up a Mary Sue, and Dolores doesn't have any of the other ones.

>1x02: Hopkins: you're idea of horror theme park is shit kiddo
>1x03: Watch my storyline with these undead masked soldiers

Watch the fucking show

There was a black host with Teddy and his group during the firefight. He takes one of the scared hosts back to town. Pay attention next time.

Being ignorant of media definitions doesn't mean everyone is, user.

>having philosophical conversations with hosts

>IT'S NOT REAL, YOU DONT NEED TO PROTECT IT'S MODESTY *cuts face*

Ford is full of shit.

>100 million dollar budget
>shit like this makes it past post-production

Wew

Why don't they have asian hosts?

>who is Bernard

She was time traveling, stupid.

Hey, so its clear that Ford let the Hosts gain unconscious memory in episode 1, which in turn allowed them to become more conscious, right? So why did he give a spiel in episode 3 saying how giving them consciousness is a bad idea, when he's the one who's been tinkering with them this entire time?

All the dirty asian hosts are busy slaving away on the railroad.

They help the show appear "deep and nuanced" so you hopefully ignore the fact that it fails on a basic storytelling level.

He's lying 99% of the time when talking to people.

Casting Hannibal in this show was a stupid decision.

Every time he is on screen I picture them eating one of the hosts

Cop from banshee i believe

I really don't like that actor.

>tfw people say Hannibal and I now immediatley think of Hannibal Burress

/wwg/

>casting Academy Award-winning veteran actor Anthony Hopkins was a stupid decision because I personally am a big plebby pleb plebbington

kys

So who's voice was it that told Dolores to kill?

God?

Arnold

it was fucking Anrold

So has anyone got any unique theories regarding the shrink ray?

The only thing we really have to go on is the entry of McPoyle and Alpha Male and it just kinda happens instantly. Do you think the train travels through a gateway tunnel that performs the shrinking?

Also, why would the scientists ever enter the mini-world? Surely they would have created a functional way to resize and withdraw hosts directly from the mini-map?

Yes, it actually was god this time. Or at least her perceived version.

The MiB

my theory: everyones actually a cyborg.

How do they shrink the guests on the table?

any webms of talulah riley scenes

>le bicameral mind meme

As soon as the shrink ray shitposters arrive, you know its time to leave

MiB is Arnold

They don't, real human beings are actually in VR controlling a robot, the robots themselves are tiny.

It's not a shrink ray, you morons. They explained this in the pilot. They create physical miniatures of the guests and upload their consciousness, that's why they can't be harmed.

>my theory: everyones actually a cyborg.

It's only episode 3 and this "is he a robot? he's not a robot?" crap is already getting tired

They have guest miniatures that the guests "avatar" into

Nobody is shrinked. Scientists are just piloting a giant mechas

it's actually a brilliant theory, the shrink theory

think about how much they save in production cost alone

are nonshrink ray theorist retarded?

Bernard = Arnold

One of the Hosts is based on a real person and this person is in there as a guest.

Why is Ford being a dick all of a sudden? He seemed to do a big 180 out of nowhere.

you did see all the security weapons are colored bright red, right ?

like a P90 with a fully red stock

they are marked for a reason to distinguish them from the castrated park-guns

because arnold changed fords programming

>think about how much they save in production cost alone
it would cost them more... they actually have to build the stuff THEN shrink it, VR is the ultimate money-saver.

>incredibly deep and nuanced show

I think Armold is just a facet of Fords personality

I think Ford's project is affecting not only Delores but a number of other host.

kekked hard when I imagined some tinfoil theorist sitting around an spouting MiB = JFK!!!

thanks m8

Calling it now faggots.

Arnold fell in love with his creation, Dolores. He became obsessed with the idea of giving her and the other robots a conscience.

How did he shrink the park while he was in the park?

Dolores is a model of his wife

He wants her to become sentient

Also Arnold is a host and MIB, and possibly an alien

I don't find Dolores attractive at all except in this shot. The fuck is wrong with me?

Shrink inside shrink

BRAVO NOLAN

Westworldception obviously

She is a whore that gets raped by everyone, its normal to not find her attractive

I want to protect Teddy's smile.

Because it's the Wild West you retard

>tfw James Marsden is a host in real life designed by god to be an eternal cuck in all his TV shows/movies

So will we ever see Dolores actually getting raped or is HBO not edgy enough for that?

when do we get more talulah

Does she have hairy pits?

She was in episode 3.

She was in the flashback 30 years ago

Have you considered the possibility that sleeping is part of the larger loop? You know, if robots were awake 24/7 that would also break immersion.

they never showed any rape on GoT

You think Elon Musk is paying them to hire her?

desu I'm kinda disappointed with the lack of memes from this show so far

Do you realize how dumb and worthless you are for liking memes? Why not develop an actual sense of humor rather than a shameful indication that you're developmentally stunted?

Everyone is too busy crafting theories for this show.

Dolores and her dad gets removed from the park a lot. Maybe they reset each time they stick them back in. We see her wake up a lot, but that might not be the same amount of times the park resets.

Probably, considering how beta he acts when it comes to her.

Surely that would mess with all the other hosts who are set to interact with them?

How is she a whore? She gets raped, it's not like she flaunts herself and begs to get dicked.

Do you realize how dumb and worthless you are for trying to shame an autist on a mongolian image board? Why not develop an actual sense of self-worth rather than a shameful indication that you're developmentally stunted?

If anyone wants to talk about it seriously, you can reply to me.

Obviously, Hopkins' character became a bit more dark this episode. I think it's a safe assumption that he may have taken out Arnold.

My best guess theory right now for Arnold/Ford backstory:

>lot's of talk about bicameralism
>Arnold and Ford were co-"creators", both trying to acheive consciousness
>Arnold was the benevolent "creator" who wanted to create true consciousness and watch the hosts flourish with free will and create art, etc., be the next step in evolution
>Ford was more business minded "creator" who wanted to use their "creation" for money/nefarious control purposes
>Arnold makes a breakthrough, but won't give Ford the secret. May or may not have "proven" it to Ford.
>Ford killed him/had him killed

In the present:

>Ford wants to literally play God/control the hosts, and he thinks that religion is the best way to do it
>something something Ford's "reveries" updates will turn out to be him being able to "talk" directly to the hosts' "minds", furthering the bicameralism aspect of the show
>Bernard will take on the Arnold concept of the hosts deserve free will, etc.

hehe horse penis in the park

>he doesn't know getting raped means you're a whore

What happened when she got shot by what I was assuming was a guest in her stomach, and then there was a second shot where she was no longer bleeding?

Only part of the ep I didn't follow.

It shouldn't. They have scripts but they can adjust to each other when there are little changes.

Like when Dolores is trying to get black deputy to go back out after Teddy. He had no reason to go back out so he came up with the part about calling in the rangers

Ford doesn't want to play god, he wants to create a perfect detailed world for his guests.

He doesn't see the hosts as humans because that would bring up the HUGE moral implications of what he set them up for, a lifetime for suffering.

Loop fuckups I guess?
They're trying to show the world and the hosts breaking down and falling apart.

What would you rate the Westworld girls out of 10?

She time travelled back to a few seconds earlier

He also wants to remove that fourth hurdle of being truly human/sentient, that voice of god which is the remains of Arnold's codes

Which is why he sends MIB in to destroy it

I thought it was trying to show two seperates loops, and her learning or some shit from the prior loop and so she avoids getting shot, but that didn't really make any sense with the way it was shot, and I believe guests were involved which would prevent the two loops from matching up so nicely for that to happen.

Bullets only kill the robots because the believe they will. The deaths are a programmed response. Like voodoo, it only works if you believe in it.

Those are the lvl 1 whore. Surely you need to work a little harder for the 10/10s

She remembered a previous loop.

I don't think Arnold is dead. I bet he is in the maze.

The main girls are mostly uglier than the random sloots they find to get naked and bounce up and down on a pole.

That makes more sense. I was forgetting the bullest weren't actual bullets, but just BB pellets or some shit.

The actual dying is a scripted response to being shot. With her realising the true nature of her reality, she simply stopped responding the way she was designed to.

Right?

Musk's ex > chick from Raising Hope > Dolores > everyone else > the supposed hot hooker

Arnold IS the maze.

Here is the actual location of the maze

That armenoid is starting to grow on me to be honest.

She still looks like an ayy rape baby.

This guy's on point though, other than that.

That doesn't really looks like a maze

My theory is that the maze is a place that Arnold created for the Androids that can think for themselves and he is living there with them

>Ford doesn't want to play god, he wants to create a perfect detailed world for his guests.

>He doesn't see the hosts as humans because that would bring up the HUGE moral implications of what he set them up for, a lifetime for suffering.

I disagree. It'll be some sort of commentary on religion or something. In episode 1, the other employees talk about there being people far more interested in the hosts/Westworld's potential than just a theme park.

So let's say Ford realizes that he can't stop whatever/Arnold proved it to him/maybe he really is interested in the evolution of the hosts/maybe the MiB really is a sort of codetester or whatever. Regardless, Ford wants to control them. Which he'll use religion to do. Classic Nolan. Fight for free will, enlightenment, wake up from the dream, etc.

Yup. That's why when Teddy fanned the revolver it did shit. Wyatt is like Colonel Kurtz and has an army of woken hosts.
It isn't the hosts bodies that matter. It's the programming. The bodies are just literally physical hosts for computer programs. They don't exist in the material at all and if killed can just upload. The way they look are created thatch the programming and can be swapped at will.

cheers senpai I get it now

I don't think he is using religion for the hosts

He is doing that for his questlines for the GUEST

He has shown he doesn't give a shit about the host

>incredibly deep and nuanced

This sounds solid.

but it still doesnt explain how they shrink the guests

Does this?

More like it, but it's not snake shaped.

>I don't think he is using religion for the hosts

>He is doing that for his questlines for the GUEST

That's what he says, but is that what he really means?

>He has shown he doesn't give a shit about the host

I'm not saying he gives a shit about the hosts. He gives a shit about control and playing/being a God.

Here is the exact physical location
google.co.uk/maps/@38.4743645,-109.7420631,19z/data=!3m1!1e3

>people complaining there are no memes for this show
>thread is 99% pure memery

???

She's not a whore.

The Maze is not snake shaped. The river is snake shaped. The little girl says it's by the snake or something, I'm not gonna look up actual quote.

It's native american/indian animism. The river is the snake.

She's a complete slut m8...

>more like watch Apocalypse Now
Exactly.

what

why are you directing me to a place in america that doesn't even have any maze or snake shape?

The entire park isn't on a loop, each host is on their own loop that is basically them doing the same shit over and voer until a guest interacts with them and initiates their narrative. For example, that guy that bumps into people at the train station has a loop that involves him doing that with every train that arrives which might be every few hours or maybe once a day.

This thread is shit but I was happy to see Bojana Novakovic show up. She gets naked in Shameless FYI.

If you play as a white hat your story line is to seduce her.

Right.
The Man in the Maze motif appears frequently in contemporary crafts and art of the American Southwest, most prominently by Tohono O'odham silversmiths in rings and other jewelry and by Akinel O'odham artisans in baskets. Among these groups, the pattern has been very popular since the 1900s. Every basket pattern has a "mistake," called a dau ("door"), which is intentionally integrated into its design so that the spirit of the basket can be released.

Why don't you guys just watch the original movie? It establishes the universe that the show uses. There is no shrink ray. The show isn't wildly different from what Crichton created.

He literally says that in episode 2 at the end

>I'm not saying he gives a shit about the hosts. He gives a shit about control and playing/being a God.
Playing god would mean he thinks he is creating something human

Ford so far has been all business, it's exactly why he and Arnold had a falling out and he warns Bernard not to venture into the territory of playing god and treating Hosts are humanly creations

If you mean god complex like he wants to control everything like Steve Jobs then I would agree but again, I don't believe he gives a shit about Hosts becoming sentient or human because that would mean the punishment he doled out to them would make him evil.

IMAGINE YOU'RE ARNOLD

I prefer talking about how intricate they made each horse cock. Instead we see the park as intersecting loops. The guest work in a usually linear path, while the host are either in small daily loops(Delores and Teddy) or large week to month long loops.(Hector and the sherif) Arnold sees the potential for these host to have dynamic interactions but Ford feels it could put the park in disarray. Let's say that Arnold's coding allows for host to react to other host differently due to the Bicameral mind theory. But this only supplemented by Ford's addition of the reveries. Ford want the guest to influence the actions of the host while in theory Arnold see the park as a place the can exist without guest interaction. Ford believes the guest are the key to evolving the Park through interaction. Though the reveries in conjunction with the Bicameral mind programming pushes Delores' narrative further without guest intervention.

So TL;DR
The reveries mixed with the Bicameral mind programming could produce sentience. To what happens to Arnold is anyone's guess

Meant to add that I feel Westworld cannot be really appreciated unless some time is devoted to studying Itoh Indian legends and a basic reading of the Tribes of the SW
Pic related, Itoh figures from Hopkins office

>The deaths are a programmed response
Do they have special design on their skin and cloth to generate bullet holes???

Reminder that granting bots memory doesn't make them sentient, because they literally can't feel. What they recollect is not an emotionally straining response

Reminder that formatting the bots OR reviewing their bloated code could solve every problem

Reminder that show's writers should try harder if they want to really make you think

Yes. The programming causes an I eternal hemorrhaging like response.

But the appeal of westworld is how unbotlike the host seem that guests can't tell them apart

However that's where the intrigue lies, in giving hosts humanlike responses and intuition and improvisation, how far can you go without them actually being human

did you skip all the shrink stuff on purpose?

not to mention they are probably being sabotaged by Arnold or Bernard seeking them to be sentient

How about the cloth, the window, the any random board on the wall???

in the train, haven't you seen the second episode?

Literally everything is covered with future squibs, duh.

They had P90s the same color. Most likely so poeple know the real guns from the westworld guns.

>Two timeframe theory is back on the menu boys

The biggest question is how can you shrink a host's processor without performance problems

She's remembering past events and takes actions which prevent it from happening again. The entire premise of the show is that there was an update that let the host relive past memories. Dolores' father started remembering old narratives and characters, leading him to lose his fucking mind. Dolores however has only been on a single narrative so her memories allowed her to basically see the future.

I admit, I'm not saying it well, but we're saying the same thing. I agree with you, he doesn't think he's creating something human or treating them humanly, I'm saying there will be the religious commentary/subtext Nolan makes out of it. The dichotomy between Arnold/Bernard (free will creators) and someone like Ford ("control" creator).

Ford's addition of the reveries could be the trigger, yeah. Even if inadvertently. I just doubt it was inadvertent.

I agree. There's going to be a heavy religion/spiritual aspect to the show. Will probably turn a lot of people off, but I like it.

No it's okay because the whole host is shrunk so there's less for the processor to do.

there was one that greets logan ya dumbass

Processors of that capability would already be at a extreme nano levels, maybe even atom sized level

how would you shrink at that level

>She's remembering past events and takes actions which prevent it from happening again. The entire premise of the show is that there was an update that let the host relive past memories. Dolores' father started remembering old narratives and characters, leading him to lose his fucking mind. Dolores however has only been on a single narrative so her memories allowed her to basically see the future.

I want to add, because I think you're on the right track. Dolores' father started remembering old narratives and characters and losing his fucking mind because he was reset and he has no context for the memories/narratives. Dolores has not only been on a single narrative, but she hasn't been being reset/she's been being coached by Bernard.

No one actually believes in the shrink theory, they're just memeing. Don't worry about it.

>Teddy's antagonist is named Wyald

So visitors carry real guns that blow real bullet holes.

Hosts carry BB guns and when the nanobot on the surface of everything detects the BB pallet the nanobot creats a hole?

neat

>it's a Teddy gets crucified episode
>it's a Teddy watches Dolores take horse dick by a bunch of sick guests while his guts are hanging out episode
>it's a Teddy gets raped by a big black gay guest episode

damn, if he could only remember all the things he's been through he would turn into the ultimate villain

this is Cred Forums here not /movie/

Anthony Hopkins is a synth right? He seems...mechanical...

What can't they erase memoria of the hosts

How do melee weapons work? What if guests kill other guests with a knife by accident, thinking theyr'e a host?

Will he finally get the girl in the end?

Quantum mechanics.

only in death.

it was really glaring, but I couldnt help to think if it was intentional and that I just misunderstood.

New Lost confirmed boys

as soon as their life signs fail they get cryogenically frozen then hit with the rebigulating ray

once they are back to normal size the tiny wound is no longer significant. then they can just be patched up

Every problem in the park can be traced back to Arnold

>guests keep coming back for the subtlety

>now how are my airhorn weilding undead man-crows coming?

Teddy had a hard life, but the Man in Black did nothing wrong.

>New Lost confirmed boys

So we're going to get a couple of good seasons and then we can all stop bothering?

He's going to become a sympathetic villain in the end and she'll kill him.

Wrong. It's Ford fucking up purposely and blaming Arnold while lying about his true intentions.

Answer. If nobody can anwer then the show is confirmed shit

I hated how Ford told Teddy his dream with Dolores will never happen.

Does Ford have a hate boner for those two?

In addition to that question, how many guests are allowed in the park at once?

Guest sign waivers just in case shit like this happens, or if they get cut by glass or fall off a ledge or killed by tumbleweed.

Maybe Ford and Arnold were both in love with Dolores and she chose Arnold, which meant Ford killed him and is now making sure nobody will be with Dolores

They are memories you fucking dolt. She's going through all that she's experienced before, hence the timeline mystery

Show stated 1200 guests at one point.

webm unrelated right?

And what if guests get shot in the eye with the BB guns? If they are powerful enough to bruise you slightly then they will blind you

>not \W/

>same scenes over and over
>same scenes without a character that realizes it fully
>pointless love story that cannot progress
>black science man's shitty story

Westcucks BTFO.

That's a really lazy convenience, like the when anakin explains how all the slaves are implanted with bombs that explode whenever they go outside the allowed range or something

You see the worry in other regards - for example, only one Host was allowed to touch the Ax, so it caused the entire questline to fail when that one wondered off.

Is she the best Westworld girl?

Realistically though, guests would absolutely have to sign waivers for a park like that to work. That I can actually believe.

Yes, but what the fuck happens if there's a psycho guest in there that goes on a killing spree and doesnt discern between real humans and androids? This shit would never pass

I dont care if this is some dystopian cyberpunk setting where the legislation is very corrupt or whatever, this would never pass nor would any sane people who feared for their lives go

>it's lazy because I say so

fuck you. FUCK YOU!

she incepted back to a loop where she was shoot and became aware of what would happen to her if she did the same thing
deja vu
She's remembering things

The point is there are just too many variables. Of course this would never be a problem if there are only a few guests allowed at the time, like one person + friends/relatives

It is though, ever heard of immersion? Suspension of disbelief?

"OH FUCK SHIT ASSHOLE FUCK FUCK ASS SHIT"

great writing HBO

She acts like a bitchy lesbian but you know she actually wants the D

I not saying the bullets don't have weight I am saying the effect is exaggerated.

>psycho guest in there that goes on a killing spree and doesnt discern between real humans and androids
all guests are checked before entry for mental issues (established in episode 3)
Also, you have thor brother and his security team just in case.

Those emotionally distant bitchy women dressed in professional "stay away from me" attire are the best t b h f a m

Literally the worst character in the show.

>When I go on space mountain what's to stop me from just stabbing everyone who went on the ride with me? Did Disney even think this through?

That was hardly a check. She asked a total of 3 or 4 questions, he blatantly refused to answer one of them while giving piss poor vague answers to the others

>I dont know the difference between terrorism and ACCIDENTS

learn to read what I said

>extended host-passing-a-kidney-stone scene for maximum realism
th-thanks sizemore...

Ok hold up.

What if its not a shrink-ray or simulation but instead its actually a physical place! The surrounding vicinity of the lab is identical to the Wild West World right?

So maybe its actually a real, physical area. Hosts are transported from underground, guests are transported via train to create the illusion and immersion.

Someone has probably already thought of this possibility but still...

>It is though, ever heard of immersion? Suspension of disbelief?

Have you, you shitlicking cunt?

That's exactly what it is. In the original movie there's also Medieval World and Roman World.

It's not a shrinkray you fucking idiots, didnt you see the clear as day scene where anthony hopkins took the elevator from the deep ground facility to the surface? The place is real

I'm sure Kevin will volunteer to do it.

I actually did, the problem is the scene in the train when everything just materializes, also they wake up and automatically are in the lab... we just got... meme'd!

Here is my theory. The guest are monitored. If a guest shows signs of malicious intent towards another guest a host will intervene. If it escalates further management might step in. This is the case for firearms and meele weapons. The guest are monitored 24/7 to make sure guest safety is assured even when guest are alone with other guest. Any medical attention will be handled by the park and accidents do happen. But if an altercation between guest does happen the park will intervene.

He shrinks himself down first dumbshit, otherwise he'd step on all the guests

Wyatt dipshit

>hurff durff durrr

shut the fuck up

Yea but if that's true then how do the guns work?

Are we supposed to accept that in a future where fully synthetic androids exist that there could be some sort of advanced technology capable of switching between lethal and nonlethal bullets?

Do these writers think we were born yesterday? How dare they use something as a plot device without giving us detail blueprints and filing a patent with the USPTO!

>not loving the qt scandinavian gunslinger

someday...

I would think they also have human security guards posing as hosts throughout the park as well.

ford just hates chad's and is taking it out on teddy

I bet guests have some sort of code phrase like "Hey asshole I'm a human get the fuck away from me"

Learn symbolism in a visual narrative you pleb.
The elevator it's just a representation of the quantum mechanic of the shrink ray that make possible for Ford to shrink himself and go to Westworld

ALL SHRINK RAY FAGS ARE MEMEING AND SHOULD NEVER BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY

This show is a good benchmark of intelligence.

People like
can be safely assumed to be unintelligent

Could be he's going senile.

Or maybe some guest in the brothel decides to knife some guy having a drink at the bar, but it turns out he was a human so it's too little too late. You know, like how that brothel degenerate decides to just arbitrarily shoot the handsome cuck-cowboy for no reason

what could happen if
>two guests fuck
>both are sure the other guest is actually a host
>one of the two finds out the truth
>or one of the two falls in love with the other

yeah I'm finding it boring. This recent episode had pretty much nothing happening and was just timefiller waste.

Yeah except for the picture on his desk of the both of them together

This. Over 9000% this. Especially this prick End of line.

Bernard and Delores
Good catch on that loop.

He's just humoring himself by teasing the droids, man. Basically he's just a the grandpa philosopher that treats droids just like humans in a sort of patronizing way as if they were small children

Ford/Arnold because Ford is going senile, hence why his character is inconsistant.

He made up Arnold. Or arnold is a download of Ford's brain into a host and the MiB is trying to find him.

Then that guy probably goes to prison for being a huge asshole and randomly stabbing things he knows could be human indiscriminately at a wild west park.

So this is another battlestar galactica.

There is a shrink ray. Otherwise what are management, mole people?

Sure he would. The park is still responsible though. Risk averse shareholders wouldn't even consider it unless they were absolute certain no one would get hurt on their dime

You I kind of would think West World more believable if it was a Matrix Style VR world.

You have absolute saftey of the guests and you don't have to constsntly clean and fix broken buildings and Hosts.

she is a guest, right?

It's a massive underground complex. It's not unprecedented. There's a huge maze of tunnels that run beneath Magic Kingdom at Disney World.

It's already confirmed that that's going be the big "twist".

The real ford has been dead for decades, the ford everyone interacts with now is a robot

Have the ACTUAL producers explained the shrinking yet? It seems like they just introduce more questions with every episode. This is worse than Lost.

>The park is still responsible though
Guests sign a contract. It's on the show website.

It seems probable. She suddenly showed up when he got his story line and she acts like she's not used to dealing with this shit.

Jesus Christ those trip dubs.

She looks like that chick in the one episode of Dead Wood that tried to rob a saloon and got tortured and killed and fed to the pigs instead.

That could easily be avoided with one line in the waiver that says "I will not randomly stab people, if I stab a human because I'm a fucking retard I take full responsibility under the law."

Bam. You really don't think much do you?

I could sign a contract that binds me as slave to some master that can treat me however he likes, it still won't overrule laws and human rights

Westworld is set in the post White vs Chinese war, in which all Asians were genocided.

There's another level to this game.

>I have a human right to wildly stab people at a theme park when I know they could be human and blame the theme park

I love the show, but does anybody else feel like the pacing is too slow?
Literally nothing has happend in the last two episodes

You can go to Denmark or Germany for that irl

I love Ed Harris but his character is just a bored, rich manchild.

You can't sign away your safety, dumbshit. The company is responsible for everything as per regulations

The build has been slow. There's only going to be 10 episodes per season like GoT, right?

The second episode was fine but the third episode was moving at a crawl. My guess is that they're trying to delay shit hitting the fan until the season finale but it's lame.

youre right, youre right, refresh my memory, what are the relevant human rights laws in the fictional universe in which the show is set?

mongoloid

A utopia where all diseases are curable and no one is hungry?

what regulations? can you cite the specific regulations you are referring to?

>Go Skydiving
>Some other customer stabs me
>Whoa what the fuck I'm going to sue the skydiving company

it feels to me like they are trying to turn a 2.5 hour movie into a 10 episode show

yes

which laws are you specifically referring to? i assume you have access to some sort of list of relevant legislation from the show or the related content

Can someone explain what happened with the gun Dolores put in the cupboard? Why did it disappear?

So can anyone actually explain the shit that's happening in the show, or is it just them trying to act smart? Like why did Peter Abernathy not instantly flip out--why did he "mull [the picture] over"?

I think that was a flashback to an earlier memory.

I'd say that it'd be best as a 5 hour mini series.

Did it disappear I thought she just hid it. She used it to kill Trevor the milkman didn't she?

Also Trevor totally referenced past cycles when he was dragging her out to the barn right?

Yeah, it's a good premise but I really don't see how it can span multiple seasons without turning to shit like Lost did.

Here the thing, the guest clothes could be coded so if aimed in that general vicinity the gun switches to non lethal. Now here is the fucked up part. A guest removes their clothes and gives it to Teddy. Teddy is now invincible and you have a naked guest who can get shot and killed. Meaning the brothel might be the most unsafe area in the park if that theory is correct.

If company could and should have prevented it, it's their fault if it happens. In westworld's ccase they are literally setting the stage for disaster to happen, which is different from some unforeseeable stabbing on a plane by a guy that's determined to go to jail

You guys are really immature and lazy, maybe one day when you go to college you'll grow up

Remember when she gets shot in the stomach and suddenly she wasn't shot in the stomach anymore, and it turned out that she had just remembered getting shot in the stomach?

Same thing basically. She remembered at one point the gun being in the dresser, but when she checked again it was gone. The first time was a memory, the second time was reality. They just don't show the gun being moved. She probably put it there herself, but it's not shown so it's not 100% clear.

>She used it to kill Trevor the milkman didn't she?

I think it was his gun. She grabbed it before he throw her on the haystack

I bet she fondles the Hoats when she thinks nobody is watching...which is dumb cause why wouldn't a multi billion dollar theme park synth factory not have cameras everywhere.

>Multiple people call you out for being autistic
>NO YOU GUYS YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE LIABILITY REGULATIONS IN THIS FICTIONAL ALTERNATE UNIVERSE LIKE I DO GO TO COLLEGE

>eating one of the hosts

oh shit I'm late for Mass

>Ford goes from seeming like an amicable grandfather sort of tinkerer that cares about the hosts to a fucking uncaring jerk that uses them as playthings

What happened??

>dude we've cured cancer and pretty much every other disease on the planet lmao
>dude we've invented amazing robots, automation systems and really intelligent AI lmao
>dude the only thing left for us to do is ressurect people from the dead lmao
>but we won't have basic safety regulations and human rights that has existed for hundreds (?) of years in this utopia because lol script writing

shut the fuck up

it's a facade

I'm being autsy so I took screenshots. Its at least the same model of gun

>IMAGINE YOU'RE ARNOLD

okay, no what?

I'm not /k/ tho

I don't know why today's generation of youth on social media fully supports gays and transgender but the minute you suggest someone is bisexual or is strait, but just experimented a bit, people lose their shit.

Me, I just like beautiful things.

But going back to the show

I don't think she's an actual lesbian, maybe had a phase in college, but the whole point of the scene is that the Host is so real, life like and attractive, that she got overpowered by her souless seductive stare and she had to kiss it.

I wonder if the clean up techs have a go before restoring hosts in sleep mode?

After all, your job is to clean out her pussy, why not have a sloppy second before getting to it?

Damn all this time traveling really confuses me

I just hide all of the shrink posts.

Ok guys - who is secretly a host?

Ford? I still think he might be - maybe he was build by Arnold as the first host with consciousness and his memories are only a backstory?

Bernard? Is his child only a backstory and wife videos cgi?

Arnold? Maybe he was the only host thata achieved consciousness and Ford afraid of his own creation destroyed him?

MiB?

What do you think? What are the chances that any of them will be host?

So does anybody have any idea what the connection is supposed to be between Fords new story line featuring an insane ex-soldier that hears the voice of god (wyatt) and the shit about how the robots hear their basic code as a voice and view it as the voice of god?

he is right though
a guest killing another guest by mistake is something that could totally happen in a setting like westworld
There is no way to tell apart a host from a guest who behaves in an immersive way

It is the same gun but it ight not be the same weapon
Unless the scene where she finds it is after what we saw last episode

Has the entire internet lost track of what that word means?

Yes, she is a guest. Are you legit or trolling, because if trolling, then I found our first meme for the show.

You guys are like the nerve gas assholes when anybody asks what happens to electified people .gifs

wyatt hears his code and it drives him crazy?

Yeah but what's the point in ford creating a narrative around it? If I had to guess i'd say it implies that he knows that shits about to hit the fan.

Yes you can...have you read a contract before?

It's criminal that GoT didnn't get atleast 12 episodes...they had to cut out so much stuff in the early seasons and then they caught up with the book and just had to wing it.

I feel like Arnold is the one who created Dolores, the first "real" android, and it made Ford jealous so he killed Arnold or got rid of him in some way.

Ford then created all of these different androids trying to recreate Dolores mind and cognitive abilities.

didn't hannibal say something about the best lies beeing the ones with some truth to them?

Are you retarded?

>hear their basic code as a voice

It's not the basic code. It was code prepared by Arnold that is highly suppressed/overriden. Only thing that was left from it are voice commands that can override any other host code. That's why it's so dangerous - if hosts will generate this voice by themselves they can can override any code prepared by humans e.g. Dolores used gun against her own code

> Fords new story line featuring an insane ex-soldier

I wonder if it's somehow related to the maze? According to the new preview maze is some advances turing test for hosts

That's a power gamer exploit if I've ever saw one.

That would be like an Agent 47 level of assasination.

I think if you replace the word "lies" with "stories" then you're right.

Hammer is nit cocked back...

I'm "Triggered", because if she pulls that trigger, nothing is going to happen.

It's shrink rays all the way down

meh it's just Red Dead Redemption meets Äkta Människor.

so the fly from ep one is a virus which infects the hosts and changes their code???

Not the same gun as the one she shot trevor with.

It still in the dresser in that timeframe

In all seriousness, why is every woman in the future a lesbian? Is it just HBO trying to include more radical sex, or is Nolan trying to push some agenda?

the showdown scene in episode 1 rustled my jimmies

>cobragirl switching rifle and shotgun between camera shots
>no ejected cases even though you hear the sound
>5+1 round Winchester 1887 shotgun doing 7 shots

and now the Dolores SAA revolver stunt...

There are male prostitutes at the brothel too.

someone pls answer this, it's been nagging me too

Yeah, but there's been the two solo female guests the show has shown were both lesbians who went upstairs with the Armenian chick, and then that engineer who kissed the robot in the first ep is a lesbo too. Wtf?

This. Not to mention the older lady that works at the park like BBC

I don't think they are meant to be seen as gay characters. It's meant to show people indulging in things they wouldn't normally do. It adds to the fantasy aspect of the park.

They're all single women, and two of the three are butch. Of course they're supposed to be lesbians

>5+1 round Winchester 1887 shotgun doing 7 shots
it a 5+2 system user.

The scientist lady just seemed curious. She was flirting with the security guy.

The guest lady that went with the whore also seemed like she was into Teddy. It looked like she was doing it just because she could.

Who's the third?

The business woman that fucked the black guy.

The redhead from the second episode. She initially expressed interest in Thandie Newton, but then the new over-aggressive programming kicked in and she got intimidated and backed off.

wait, I don't member this one?

No. They can't sue Westworld Inc if they get stabbed.

>got intimidated and backed off.
Then how do you know she's a lesbian? Maybe she just wanted to see what it was like to get propositioned by a robo hooker.

>homosex is just a kink bro

Yes, in the context of this show. It's being used as a device to show the guest coming to the park to live a different life.