Holy shit this show

Holy shit this show.

>same scenes over and over
>same scenes without a character that realizes it fully
>pointless love story that cannot progress
>black science man's shitty story

Who else is dropping this shit?
It it weren't HBO, this shit would have crashed and burned after e03.

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BFXPm6jGZZP/
youtu.be/XFTcA4QLHw0
youtu.be/elkHuRROPfk
youtube.com/watch?v=lzIrqArhgYk
imdb.com/title/tt0070909/locations
parade.com/513895/walterscott/ed-harris-on-westworld-and-staying-non-hollywood/
thewrap.com/inside-westworlds-elaborate-monochromatic-opening-credit-sequence/
imdb.com/name/nm1024193/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outer_Space_Treaty
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicameralism_(psychology)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_waters
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasteading
youtube.com/watch?v=wI7ft8xMYuQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

if

i skipped the first 2 episodes, saw 3rd episode last night and i have to say it's better than most shit currently on tv

^This
If this show didn't have the Nolan name on it. No one would give a shit about it.

>implying it's better than Quarry

Plus, if you haven't seen the first two, you won't know how much repeating shit there is.

I kind of "like" the show in sense that I tolerate it so far because of Ed and Hop. And the broads are smoking hot. But the jewry has its fingers all over it. And this other Nolan is a hack as well.

>Who else is dropping this shit?

me

not really

2deep4u

The only good thing about the show is the man-in-black's mystery quest.
And even that is probably going to turn out to be shit,

>writes movies
>writing is so cringeworthy and bad it and his brother literally become memes
>writes a TV show
>vast majority of Cred Forums instantly loves it

Is TV just an inferior medium? Do people have lower standards in it?

I feel like this show is going the route of Fear the Walking Dead with its pacing problems. The show just cannot pace itself and the only redeeming quality in it is Anthony Hopkins.

>Not liking wild wild west/blade runner/groundhog day the show

Groundhog day had a main character than was aware of the repeating shit.
Meanwhile we have the same fucking conversation in this shit because no one knows that it's repeating.

That sheboon hooker is terrible.

Honestly my biggest gripe is that the "smoking hot hookers" are so ugly.

The hostess in the airplane that was supposed to be a 2/10 compared to these whores was like 10 times more attractive. Even the fucking dyke engineer is cuter.

The only good looking host is the blonde girl.

there is LITERALLY nothing else on faggot, see you next sunday

which one?

by currently you mean being aired right now? Because there are a lot of off season shows better than this shit.

Really? the man in black is fucking cliché and boring

>look I'm old and evil

We don't know whether he's evil though

3rd ep. was it for me. They don't aim any higher than GOT fans. Fuck this garbage, i'm out

He's an android, probably with the other founders consciousness

dolores you autist

Is it considered truly good or is it just unwarranted hype right now?

I started watching the first episode and thought the first like ten to twenty lines were so bad that I thought to myself' "Yeah, I can't do this right now.", and turned it off.

It's shit, right?

Its almost like it is hell, a never ending and inescapable cycle of suffering

and the HBO name

>He's an android
didn't they say in the show that he was a guest?

no, it's good

People say it's bad for the (you)s. Like when they act like they don't understand how the shrink ray works.

Delores knows it's a loop now. That's called character development

he's a guest: he visit the park for 30 years, that means he's rich AF (that's why he can do all these endless rampages).

>he doesn't undertand that the repetition of scenes is commentary on every story is really just a repetiion of another with slight changes.

Is there a scene where an object is about to destroy a city and the camera zooms in on a group of onlooking people? Center frame is a female looking as though she's making peace with her impending doom?

episodes 1 and 2 were genuinely great and got me hooked. Episode 3 slowed down considerably and felt like a late season episode of the walking dead. Quality really fell and the pacing slowed. Ep. 4 better get its shit together or I'm going to lose interest

You fucking morons do realize this is a remake of the previous Westworld right

>biting the red herring

Except Dolores is the main character here and there is no Dolores character in the movie.

This. 2016 ratings:
1. Quarry
2. The Night of
3. Westworld

pleb

The opening monologue was trailer bait but it gets better

>writing is so cringeworthy and bad it and his brother literally become memes

All of the Nolan brother movies are crtical and box office hits...

Then explain the shrink ray.

The worst thing about their writing is the way they clumsily insert exposition in.

But it's not as bad in a scifi show because exposition about the world is expected.

How can cinemax get HBO's scraps but still ends up with some of the highest quality shows arounds?

Thus far, all episodes have been far, far above average but still has a few rough. Absolutely worth the watch.

>shows

It's really only Quarry as far as I know. It came out of nowhere.

>Is TV just an inferior medium? Do people have lower standards in it?
Yes.

>watch 1st episode
>silly ass filler material with shitty acting sandwiched between edgecore violence, nudity, sex, and lesbianism..
>try 2nd episode...same stupid shit, but this time with faggotry....

Dropped.

It's tryhard garbage.

Can you be specific on what was "filler"?

Pretty much every scene in their HQ that didn't have Hopkins was horribly acted, and seemed like filler material. How they inspect the nude robots, all that stuff.

The rest was just "edgy to be edgy" trash.

It's like they consulted a focus group of 14 year olds to write their shit....

It's garbage.

>tfw OP is too dumb for this show

Sorry m8

It's great and you're a contrarian fishing (thou)s, I think this explains it all

You're a moron. First of all they were establishing the characters with those scenes (who is doing what, who is in charge etc). Second of all those scenes were about them discovering problems with the hosts that they didn't understand, which is kind of the whole main plot of the fucking series.

For all the people dropping the show, can you please list shows you consider to be better.

When will the black science man of evergrowing intelligence meme finally die?

be more specific. sci-fi? anything currently airing? anything ever made?

the walking dead

I would so like them to change it for one day so the (You) said (Thou) the entire idea make me kek quite a bit.

Small Wonder
The Bill Engvall Show
According to Jim

>$40k a day at the park
I thought it was around 4-5k, but damn does it set the bar for really rich people.
Bojana Novakovic is a qt3.14 in the show
Her instagram is pretty good stuff too. instagram.com/p/BFXPm6jGZZP/
That brothel scene was cute.

To all the faggots complaining "le why are they all naked in examination?! Edgy just to be edgy xDDD"
Do you put clothes on your computer?

Take for example the scene in the last episode where Hopkins is explaining some plot thing or another to the black guy, and Hopkins walks up to the other tech who is examining a robot which has a sheet over it. Hopkins goes on this little speech to the tech that robots don't have shame.

Now, this is a really shitty bit of dialogue. Why wouldn't the tech know that robots don't have shame? Why would hopkins assume that the tech did it out of feeling for the robot and not out of his own embarassment? Why would the tech even do that, if he'd worked there for more than like a week? Why does hopkins even care? Most importantly, why did we need it established that some people think the robots would be embarassed? Isn't it already obvious in the show what the robots do and do not feel? If you've been able to follow the show at all, it's just a wasted bit of dialogue that comes across as a little edgy. Sure, it's not egregious, but it's just a minor little misstep that really should've been cut.

Now, that's just one scene, but take that argument for one scene and apply it to most of the show, and then you know how people can have problems with the show. I could make a similar argument about a lot of scenes. It's lazy writing and it has an element of pandering to it. There's no subtlety either. It's just... not very good.

I would if it had boobs

millenials holy shit you are cancer

Do you fuck your computer?

I feel like you're talking down on that scene because some of the characters weren't acting fully rationally, but that maybe was the exact point of the scene, to show Hopkins disdain for treating them humanly, even though his act was fairly harmless.

>Leave my show ALONE!!!

You have shit taste, which is why this shit show is perfect for you.

>the minute he is presented with an actual argument he breaks down like an 8 year old

Why am I not surprised?

The scene made sense in the point he went on to make to the Narcisse guy, it also shows us his opinion in the debate implied between him and this Arnold character: Hop thinks robots will never have conciousness

>i don't understand a scene because I'm unable to place it in a larger context and therefore the show is garbage

That scene gives you the first indication that Ford takes the issue of humanizing the hosts very seriously, to the point at which he'll scold random employees like they are doing something on the level of handling strong acids without safety gear. Later in the episode we learn that this isn't for some trivial reason but it's associated with a personal tragedy.

First episode was 'alright' second episode was good and the third episode was shit.

If the fourth episode doesn't come back really strong I can see a lot of people dropping the show because right now it's going nowhere fast.

Anybody else notice Muskfu in the flashbacks about when they were first building the hosts? She used to be in the park.

Just a reminder that the photograph that Delores' dad Abernathy found on his farm and which mentally fucked him up, is a pic of William’s fiancee and he had dropped the pic way back in the past during his first visit to Westworld.

And?

>Hop thinks the robots will never have conciousness.

This is flat out false and I think you missed the whole point of the episode.

Other than the fact that they HAD to add the little interracial side plot that adds literally nothing to do story or character development of each respective character I am really, really enjoying this show

You're a fucking moron. There are no two timelines.

no that's me in a wig

>Williams

remind me who dat

Fuck, I meant "should never"

What interracial side plot?

>shitty acting
>abernathy

yeah... suuuure thing buddy.

So it's agreed that Armistice is #1 robowaifu right?

>Take for example the scene in the last episode where Hopkins is explaining some plot thing or another to the black guy, and Hopkins walks up to the other tech who is examining a robot which has a sheet over it. Hopkins goes on this little speech to the tech that robots don't have shame.

Hopkins' behavior with the tech is related to how he actually sees the robots and he's hiding his beliefs from others.

He scolds the tech and says the robots are just robots but in reality, he either thinks humans will eventually be able to transfer their consciousness to robots (effectively living forever) or that robots will eventually replace humans.

>3MB png file
Tards like you are why the site is broke

Jonathon is not the meme brother. He has never written stuff that turned into memes. Even his Interstellar script was changed by Christopher to be more cringey and memeical.

You actually need to look at his credits. You don't have any idea what he's worked on.

So West World is on Mars, right? And the entire park is actually Future World?

You are correct then.

He knows if they ever achieve true conciousness it's all over from a moral and literal standpoint for the entire operation and if you extrapolate things it could be even worse than that.

Seriously that guy needs to be back asap, best perfomance I've seen in a tv show and I'm not memeing here

I thought the last episode disproved the two timelines stuff.

The black science man fucks the uppity hardass danish womyn in charge out of no where which only lasts about 1:30 seconds in total then has no significance whatsoever outside of that little scene.

She could have continued to be a pain in the ass boss with high expectations and le black science man could have continued to do his duties without said scene

It was pointless

>There are no two timelines.

There are _at least_ two timelines and probably more as the series continues; William and Logan's visit happened in the past, while Delores shooting Mutton Chops robot for example, happened in the present.

Also, all the scenes in the lab are set in the present.

>>William
>remind me who dat

William and Logan are the two tourist guys and their scenes happen in the past.

I don't think it's that pointless of a scene since we later learn that blacks science man is married.

How so?

But if there aren't two timelines how is the milkman back in town with mutton chops and the noob blackhat if he was decommissioned for malfunctioning?

there are no past timelines you memers.

>So West World is on Mars, right?

I don't know about Mars, but I so believe it is on another planet and the park itself is underground in a vast artificially made (via nukes) cavern.

Eh. It's better then the last two seasons of Game of Thrones, I see where they are going and expect a big reveal involving Ed Harris. The show is still holding my interest.

The theme song and opening for Westworld are fucking awful. But Black Sails spoiled me with that kind of opening. Seriously compare the two.

youtu.be/XFTcA4QLHw0

youtu.be/elkHuRROPfk

>William and Logan's visit happened in the past, while Delores shooting Mutton Chops robot for example, happened in the present.

lmao what

William runs into Delores after Bernard talks to her in the lab you fucking retard.

*was married m8. At least I'm pretty sure I remember him referring to the black chick he skyped as his ex wife. My reason for assuming this is because It seems as if the death of the son was the fault of the black science man which caused the marriage to fail. But even if it wasn't the fault of the BSM, then it could still have caused the marriage to fail considering that any time they look at one another they are reminded of their dead child

There scenes don't happen in the past. Did you even watch episode 3?

See these are fine reasons, except really everything that needs to be said about hopkins' position is SAID to the black guy in the next scene. In which case, his random tirade against the poor tech who put some cloth on the robot is redundant. It doesn't serve a strong enough purpose alone to include it, and it even makes hopkins seem a little weirdly confrontational to his employees which I think is an unintended side-effect of the interaction.

Basically, the scene's inclusion isn't some grand writing sin, but it's just a little lazy. Put together every thing like that in this show which is a little lazy, and you can see how it's a flawed production overall.

Not to dilute my point, but think about the chronology of each episode. It's a little lazy. The black scientist will pull delores out at seemingly random times that don't really make sense with the resets. I mean, there's an implication that the world doesn't reset every day, but it's like a weekly or monthly timer, in which case why do we see Delores reset so often with the can-dropping? Is she on a different timer? It seems like she goes to town each morning, drops her can each morning, and has her father murdered each night, in which case her father has already been murdered once since the two businessman guests have arrived.

It's confusing and a little lazy, and it lessens the strength of the storytelling because it becomes obvious that the writers aren't expanding on a story already existent in the world, instead they are creating a story based on loosely-defined rules and a loosely-defined setting, all of which can be thrown aside whenever it's convenient for the plot.

Mars is too far away for Bernards skype conversation with his wife to be possible without serious delay between exchanges. I'd say that it's possible that they are on a seriously large space station however.

t. jonathan

The show is trying to go full on Mr. Robot with the whole unreliable narrator meme.

I guarantee they thought about that show when they were doing those late stage rewrites.

It's just annoying because the execution of it is much sloppier in Westworld than in Mr. Robot.

The rest of the OST is GOA to the T though

youtube.com/watch?v=lzIrqArhgYk

2bait4me

>I'm dropping this show, even though the problem is that I can't pay attention because I'm a cock-gobbling faggot with ADHD.

Good riddance.

I actually really like it. The scene with the lady on the horse is just fucking kickass

> things repeat BAWWWWW
sorry there wasn't an autism trigger warning just for you

So we can all agree that if Westworld continues with the the poor quality if this most recent episode the show is doomed right?

This is why i drop most tv shows. A good movie will tell as much story as a full season of a tv show

you must be 18+ to post on Cred Forums

The people who hate this show are the type of person who watch the Twilight Zone all day like its the fucking bible.

>DUDE ART
>DUDE ITS KINO BECAUSE IT HAS DEEP MEANING
>DUDE THATS NOT HOW PLOT WORKS

Go back to shitposting and jerking off about how great of a director Kubrick is you polesmokers. No one gives a shit that you don't like the show because you are living in the past so why don't you stay there.

You're too focused on reducing these scene to make single point that you ignore anything that doesn't fit what your took away from the scene as being redundant.

The random tech dude shows us the early stages of humanizing the host and how trivially it might start, Bernard shows us the point-of-no-return and Ford telling us about Arnold shows us that this kind of behavior can have serious consequences.

>is a pic of William’s fiancee
Stick to shrink ray memes

> implying Hollywood gives a flying fuck about science or physics

do people honestly believe they use a shrink ray?

>same scenes over and over
>same scenes without a character that realizes it fully
>pointless love story that cannot progress
Yeah, that's the point. The world keeps reseting.

Making tiny robots would be too expensive.

REVERSE THIS YOU SOUR CUNTFLAP

So, when are Thor's brother and Engie girl gonna fuck?

If anything that just undermines the Mars theory.

>implying they haven't already and the girl is just teasing him for thinking that it was anything that she'd do again

who

Thor's brother and Engie girl.

Use their names. I don't have autism like you

>Did you even watch episode 3?
It's tempting to believe that the Dolores who stumbles into William's arms just left after shooting Rebus, but everything else says no.

The bullet that hit William was a dum-dum instead of a blank

The WW logo matches the one the technician in flashback had on his jacket

There's no Teddy (he hadn't been added yet) and a different opening quest with Union soldiers instead of the sheriff

William and Logan are there to show us what the Incident 30 years ago was. Neither of them is going to become a member of the present cast.

The security guy is Thor's brother IRL.

who tf is thor

>So we can all agree
No, the show's pretty popular here and you bitching about it won't make the threads go away or turn into shitfits.

Go make another Sopranos thread.

Odin's son.

Stubbs and Hughes who threw the bantz breddy hard in ep 3

>I hate television. It's all trash

what did he mean by this?

Fucking Ashley and Elsie, you cunt.
Jesus Christ what kind of parents would name their son Ashley.

>William runs into Delores after Bernard talks to her in the lab

We’re seeing the various scenes in a confused non-linear order, (something like Pulp Fiction) with Bernard talking to Delores happening in the present day while Delores running into William and Logan having happened in the past.

kys

Learn your norse mythology, retard.

why? yuros can all kys

It's usually a family name from back when it wasn't weird to call a dude Ashley

I'm sorry, I don't speak millennial.

I don't care about anything european. Every european should kill themselves.

I'll be honest, I'm a fan of Bear McCreary and the BS opening theme feels pretty generic. The visuals are too reminiscent of GoT's "pan over thing in darkness" to interest me. It looks okay but it doesn't make me curious about the show.

WW's stat with acoustic sounding guitar and violin playing off each other and actually evoke the themes and content. And yes, the female bandit firing a revolver while riding an incomplete horse in motion and the mechs pull away is a damned powerful visual.

Christopher Hemsworth plays Thor in the marvel movies.

There is three hemsworth brothers. Security guy is one of them.

Pretty impressive compositing for a silly web video. looks like he's really on the set.

The matter at the core of a super massive black hole isn't this dense.

It's going south pretty fast, I agree. Hopkins looks like he doesn't give a shit and the rest are just mediocre.

Your complaint is valid if you take everything at face value. I am almost 100% certain this won't be the case, and things were buried in the exposition that will come back to be not quite what they seem.

>The bullet that hit William was a dum-dum instead of a blank

I don't think you can read anything into that scene, Hollywood is notoriously stupid when it comes to guns (and Newton's 3rd Law).

I'm guessing that all the guns in Westworld have used "smart" bullets from day #1 as anything else would be far too dangerous.

It's very common mythology that has spread outside of Europe a long time ago. It's surprising that you don't know about it. It speaks a lot to your education.

>There's no Teddy

Because he was doing the Wyatt storyline instead. Did you even watch the show?

What would the show have to gain from intentionally confusing viewers so much? I'm telling you, there is no fucking way anybody would've greenlit a show with two timelines where you can't tell which timeline is which. I think you just think there are two timelines because the chronology and plot holes are so fucking retardedly confusing that the only explanation could be multiple timelines.

This show is already shit at exposition. Do you really think they would try and be subtle and introduce 30 year old exposition by imposing a secret second timeline?

Nice vertical. Posts like this will be the legacy of /WW/.

>why?
Because there is a day named after him.

See

>What would the show have to gain from intentionally confusing viewers so much?

They're not intentionally confusing viewers, the movie-making point is to provide a twist but also to give viewers a sense of what the robot's lives are like (out-of-context events, events repeating themselves, etc) and to turn a fairly short original story into a multi-season tv series.

It's not two timelines, it's past memories of the hosts resurfacing.

>unreliable narrator
>show has neither a narrator nor a central character who we experience the narrative through

yeah sure bud. the unreliable narrator is jonathan nolan and his shit writing

>This show is already shit at exposition

Or maybe you're just very dumb

>They'really not intentionally confusing viewers

This is catigorically false.

They are undeniably trying to create a 3deep4you meme show, but in a very sloppy and haphazard way judging by this last episode.

I just watch it for ed harris

nigger the entire premise is cliche as fuck.
stop being a dipshit and watch Goliath. billy bob kills it

These criticisms are so vague and unfocused that they could literally be aimed at any story whatsoever. You'd send someone off on a wild goose hunt trying to disprove you when in reality you have no real point to make.

>it's just a little lazy
>It's a little lazy
>a little lazy

You loopy cunt.

I'm giving it one more chance to continue the milk theme. If not, into the trash it goes.

you're an idiot. William was hit by the same paintball-esque bullet that hits every guest, he's just a pussy. I literally cannot comprehend the autism of theory fags

>They are undeniably trying to create a 3deep4you meme show
>ywn be this pleb and live the comfy pleb life until sweet death comes to hug you one night

Whad tha fugg >:-D

Dolores remembers MiB when she shoots the bandit. She then runs to William. There could be separate timelines but MiB and William for sure exist concurrently

he's not. Milkman isn't mutton chops bandit that Dolores shoots, he's one of his subordinates, go watch the scene again

Fallacy, the post.

That was the point that I was trying to make in the first place, that THE SHOW is the unreliable narrator along with Dolores.

The late stage emergency rewrites and reshoots were all over the news and I guarantee you they looked at Mr. Robot among other things for inspiration.

But the execution smacks of bandwagon meming because of how shoddy the whole thing is.turning out in the end.

>the entire park is actually Future World?
You mean like the sequel? The park is called Delos. Future world was a new space themed attraction in the movie but it was the same place as West World, Medieval world and Ancient Rome World.

see
If it's two timelines it's not 30 years ago. Not to mention if that were the case the robots William interacts with would be shittier and less human-like

you chose to live in the god forsaken wasteland known as Australia, now suffer your 3rd world internet

Lazy is a perfect way to describe the writing on this show. Scene after scene of exposition, needless ambiguity, and bullshit mysteries.

repetition is used to drive a point across you faggot

Anyway I'll give you unfocused but they definitely aren't vague criticisms. I gave specific examples and everything, what more could you want?

I missed that. I don't think it means WestWorld couldn't be on another planet, though. Given they have the ability to recreate an incredibly convincing simulacra of human consciousness, digging out a massive crater and recreating a place on Earth doesn't seem completely impossible.

THE. MAJOR. THEME. of the show is the AMBIGUITY of the Hosts and their consciousness.

If you can't handle people talking to each other, and exploring complex philosophical questions through narrative, maybe this show just isn't for you.

You tossed in examples that weren't actually relevant, and were really just reflections of your confusion.

I really don't get the groundhog day component

why would the guests want to go back if it's like a video game that you have to restart every day?

The show doesn't have any major themes because it isn't about anything yet. The only questions it's exploring are the ones the characters explicitly tell us are the "deeper questions" in every goddamn scene.

What did you expect from the nu-male network?

>The show doesn't have any major themes

If you are so incapable of identifying what is immediately in front of you I can have nothing more to say to you.

Well, I guess I don't have to make an argument about the chronology being lazy because it's so confusing to people that they've actually developed a theory that there are two timelines or that half of the show is flashbacks.

If the writing wasn't so lazy, people wouldn't have so much confusion and they wouldn't develop weird ideas like that.

you can't do it any other way. It's impossible to think up several hundred new emergent storylines every day, and without those the hosts are clearly lost. Plus I can imagine you would have to go back like 100 times before you do everything

>it isn't about anything yet

The show is very, very obviously about consciousness and what it *is* or makes it unique. Though there are still many questions to be posed and answers posited, there are very strong suggestions that memory plays a crucial role in 'humanizing' a quasi-sentient being.

TEARS IN RAIN

TEARS IN RAIN

TEARS IN RAIN

Do you get it now?

It hasn't explored what makes us human because we have no idea what is happening in any of the robots heads. It hasn't explored the ramifications of using AI as slavery because we don't the park'a greater context in society. It hasn't explored what the next phase of evolution will look like because it needs to drag out bullshit mysteries for five seasons.

If the average IQ of this board wasn't 76 then there would be far less confusion about a not-horribly-complex-but-still-intellectually-engaging show such as this.

Right, yet all of those questions have been brought up by the show and considering we've only seen 3 episodes of an 8 part series I imagine these questions will be explored more fully.

New quests, no levels just skill, you get the choice of weapon in the beginning so no one has a "better" gun than anyone else.

Besides its not a fucking video game. They get to LIVE it. Killing, Fucking, Riding and Exploring the Western Frontier.

I'm sure quests take weeks and days not hours or minutes.

I guess I have to repeat myself:

TEARS IN RAIN

TEARS IN RAIN

TEARS IN RAIN

>pic may or may not be related. depending on your cognitive level

This. Plus many of the things happening are just not interesting, not intriguing.

God mode makes it pretty stupid too

Theres no challenge

No game would ever succeed on exploration alone

and a robot whorehouse could provide the sex with a much lower overhead than an entire environment

Flawed concept

As someone with taste tat has seen mnay movies and shows I can tell you its fucking shit. If you cant watch the walking dead you shouldnt watvch this garbage either, unless you are really bored, like me.

>he's not. Milkman isn't mutton chops bandit that Dolores shoots, he's one of his subordinates

Milkman and Mutton Chops are both shown interacting with tourists and William in E03, yet earlier in E02 we saw Milkman get deactivated after he freaked out and shot the robots in the saloon.

Ergo; there are at least two timelines being shown.

I thought it was a 10 parter.

"we have no idea whats happening in the robots heads"

Did you just fast forward through the scenes where we see them having flashbacks, talking with each other, or waking up during surgery?

Shit we literally heard the inner voice of Dolores in the most recent episode

GROWING BOY

milkman wasn't in episode 3. It was someone that looked like him

>GROWING BOY
Probably my favourite line of the show so far.

>I only watch ironically and cause I'm bored, I s-swear

you mean long haired dude who says "i was looking for someone easy"?

Thats a different dude, he has a tat on his arm. Also a guest and not a host, I think

You don't really die in videogames either, you just start over. Besides the guns do damage, more so like pellet guns, they leave bruising. As to why MiB felt no damage from the shot leaves only three reasons. He's a badass motherfucker, he had some sort of protection on, or hes a host who doesn't feel pain.

Although you are right, they haven't really explained what happens when a guest loses a fight. I'm guessing if you are down and you don't get up the Host will just leave you there.

it would actually be easier to re-create a place on earth than to make a brand new place.
same idea when it comes to doing a reboot of a show/movie/book whatever.

I stared at maps with all my autism until I figured out the snake's in Green River in Utah.

It's Dead Horse Point State Park.

I feel like we go cheated out of a great lesbian sex scene.

Bet she has nice tits

>theoryfags got BTFO so hard they're resorting to blatant shitposting

mfw

Not enough delicately hand crafted horse cocks for you OP?

>Milkman isn't mutton chops bandit
Walter and Rebus.

Mole people and tablets

You not understanding a scene doesn't make it bad.

You do know that there likely doing that out of respect for the original movie which was shot there.

>the original movie which was shot there
imdb.com/title/tt0070909/locations

Show me a still from the movie that's in Utah.

The hosts continue on their loops - dropping the can ect in her case - when none of the guests interact with them.

How dare you bring rational and logical discourse into this thread. How dare you.

I'm with you, brah - the writing in the show is very lazy and "first draft" tier. You can definitely tell it's a Nolan doing the writing.

> Cameron put the train car set on the back of a semi flatbed, then drove the whole thing along UT-128. “We drove the practical set up and down the highway,” Cameron says. “We did it for real.”

in an age of Stargate Studios routinely putting this in post digitally, this is excellent.

she doesn't run to william you fucking dunce. she stumbles away from her farm and goes to the nearest campfire. there is literally nothing to suggest william is anything other than a regular guest. seriously fuck you theory fag retards

So your argument is that this "deep and engaging complex show" is a Blade Runner rip off?

The show fucking blows. Idea was promising but poorly executed in almost every way

quarry is pretty good.
I'm glad that channel has been putting out good shows as of late

> my attention span's not being catered to

this board has a t in front of the v, easy mistake to make brah

was being wrong for the purpose of trying to look smart part of your plan

I loved the movie but the show isn't as good in my opinion, I prefer seeing the guests interact with stuff than AI-AI or just seeing their everyday lives.

Get fucked m8 I've seen things you wouldn't belive

I prefer the Control room scenes esp since Bernard is starting a Prometheus arc.

Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

This show needs all the retards to drop it, since they already explained all the gun tech for the autists.

More like an Icarus arc

How about this, present Dolores remembers MiB, shoots bandit, goes back to the house, escapes unharmed, we don't know what happens to her after this.

Bear in mind as she approached the house she had a flashback to getting shot in the belly, I'll say this is from a previous timeframe, as is her arriving at the campfire, where it appears she dies, which would make sense having been shot.

Thoughts?

The problem with this show is that it captured the imagination of the video game crowd because that's effectively what Westworld is. But adults that play video games are fucking retards with no attention span so they're getting uneasy after 3 episodes that the show isn't rattling forward at an extreme pace with every question immediately being answered. Autism, if you will. They are retards that dislike bad shows but also hate shows with any kind of ambition if it doesn't cater specifically to absolutely everything they want.

>I missed that. I don't think it means WestWorld couldn't be on another planet, though.

I think the evidence points towards it being on another planet and underground inside a vast cavern;

There was mention of the staff serving “tours” like soldiers, implying they don’t go home at night.
The long underground train ride William and Logan take prior to arriving.
Bernard mentioning to his ex-wife the long wait times to get communication access.
And it’s doubtful that the U.S. sold Monument Valley National Park to a corporation.

There’s also the comment that all animals in the park are robots as well as the CGI map of the facility at headquarters, suggesting an enclosed underground facility.

Cool concept, but it feels like it's written by a first year philosophy student. They try to push huge complex ideology and discussion, but will gradually fail when the mystery they're selling falls short of expectations and devolves into a circle jerk with no explanation.

I disagree.
Lucifer is a stand in for Prometheus. He brings man nowledge. He creates a being apart from nature and capable of disobedience to God.
Lucifer wants to create life his way; in his image i.e. cut off from God. Thats the sin of Pride.
But Lucifer/Prometheus arent evil. THey are agents of the grand plan. My salvation through Jesus christ is only possible because of the devil who seeks to tempt me away from it.
Bernards is using the temptaion of the forbidden (free will) to lure a host (soul) away from Fords ( Gods) design.
The real question is if the devil actually sinned while carrying out Gods plan given he had no choice but to be the bad guy,

Name 5

I can't think of any good shows still airing besides
>HoC
>Narcos
>New Girl
>Atlanta
>Archer

Talulah show titties and pussy when? she make me so horny!

It's the same guy in E03 harassing Delores who shot up the saloon in E02 and was deactivated afterwards.

>it’s doubtful that the U.S. sold Monument Valley National Park to a corporation.
None of this show's shot in Arizona. Sweetwater's Melody Ranch in California and the mesas and rivers are around Moab Utah.

>Now, this is a really shitty bit of dialogue. Why wouldn't the tech know that robots don't have shame? Why would hopkins assume that the tech did it out of feeling for the robot and not out of his own embarassment?

Humans begin to empathize with the machines they create. They've done studies on how humans would relate to humanoid robots on the battlefield.

Consciously the tech could know that robots don't have shame. But unconsciously, or out of habit, the tech covered the robot with a sheet, like a patient in a hospital gets a hospital gown.

But suppose the tech put the sheet on due to his own embarassment. Why be embarassed at a robot?

Hopkins was reiterating these are machines, and don't deserve to be anthropomorphized or empathized with by employees.

Of course, once the robots start having more memories, and start having a greater identity, and eventually reach consciosness, the question of how they should be treated is a big ethical question.

Hopkins drives home the fact that these amusement park attractions are not humans, and not to be treated like humans behind the scenes, by cutting the host's cheek.

>she doesn't run to william you fucking dunce. she stumbles away from her farm and goes to the nearest campfire.

Where William and Logan are hanging out.

The question is; did Delores stumble upon them after she shot Mutton Chops, or is that a scene from the past?

I contend it's from the past, as Delores rode off on a horse after shooting Mutton Chops yet she's shown stumbling into camp on foot.

Her character would presumably ride into town to get the sheriff after her mom and dad had been slaughtered by bad guys, not off into the wilderness to stumble onto William and Logan.

Here's your (you) faggot.

>Fargo
>The Leftovers

That's all that matters.

Is it because she's a potatoe like you?

>yet she's shown stumbling into camp on foot.

No, there's a horse behind her that she leaves as she walks for the campfire.

>>it’s doubtful that the U.S. sold Monument Valley National Park to a corporation.
>None of this show's shot in Arizona.

In the film Futureworld, Futureworld simulates an orbiting space station.

If Westworld is off-world then US law or Earth law wouldn't apply to it.

Westworld has one of the best openings, besides Game of Thrones, Dexter, Hannibal.

They spent $25 million on the pilot of Westworld, and I'm convinced most of it went to the opening credits.

>it even makes hopkins seem a little weirdly confrontational to his employees which I think is an unintended side-effect of the interaction.

It's fine for guests to treat the robots like humans, they're supposed to, it's what they paid for.

It's not okay for employees of the company to treat the robots like humans, they're the property of the company, they get paid to refurb them.

It's pretty good so far, some parts drag. It's a big budget show on HBO so of course it is going to overhyped.

>And it’s doubtful that the U.S. sold Monument Valley National Park to a corporation.
Dude it's like a television show. Unless they name a specific place, you're not supposed to associate geographical landmarks with things, but instead imagine it's just a fictional location "like" the actually location. Plenty of movies have filmed at monument valley, but few of those movies are actually set in arizona, you know what I mean?

It's like how lord of the rings was filmed in new zealand and we all know that, but it's not set in new zealand. The filming location is not supposed to be associated with the setting of the story unless they specifically mention it.

>I mean, there's an implication that the world doesn't reset every day, but it's like a weekly or monthly timer, in which case why do we see Delores reset so often with the can-dropping? Is she on a different timer?

This goes to show that people who don't like the show are too stupid to watch it.

The maximum stay for guests is something like 2 weeks. Different hosts have different loops. Dolores has a daily loop.

Calm down kiddo, is this your first TV show then? Because don't even try to tell me that was anywhere near Gandolfini, Imperioli, Theroux tier. I will slap you down you little shit.

>two timelines
Do they shrink the guests in both, or in one timeline are they shrunk and in another one it's virtual reality?

>So we can all agree

13-year-old pls go

Literally only insecure herdlike conformist teens say shit like this.

Another year another poorly writen up its own arse hbo show

So you mean to say that delores drops her can every single day? Don't you think that it would be a little obvious to anybody staying there for more than a day?

Also, there's a strong implication that the narrative is not on a two-week timer. The outlaw who comes at the end of the first episode was pushed ahead by a whole week, which isn't exactly how you would describe that if there was only a two week timer to begin with. It seems to imply at least a monthly loop.

then you are a massive pleb

>>yet she's shown stumbling into camp on foot.
>No, there's a horse behind her that she leaves as she walks for the campfire.

OK I'll concede that point, but there are still multiple timelines going on and it's not clear when events happen in relation to other events.

We don't _know_ that Delores stumbled onto William and Logan's camp after she shot Mutton Chops, it could be (and I say, is) from some other event.

You're a fucking autist. Flashbacks are well indicated and it doesn't fucking matter when they happened at this point. You're chasing your tail so you can pretend you're intelligent.

>If Westworld is off-world then US law or Earth law wouldn't apply to it

Sure it would, unless humanity had broken up into politically independent planets.

Fargo
The Knick
The Leftovers
The Americans
Rectify

I would literally torture every single one of you fuckers to death, just so My face could be the chair for Dolores for one scene

I stand corrected, good sir.

Also, for all the MiB theoryfags, have this (note the last sentence)

parade.com/513895/walterscott/ed-harris-on-westworld-and-staying-non-hollywood/

>I'm convinced most of it went to the opening credits.
The show strives for practical effects as much as possible, but the opening credits are 100% CGI:
thewrap.com/inside-westworlds-elaborate-monochromatic-opening-credit-sequence/

I just want a giant fucking wallpaper of this.

>but the opening credits are 100% CGI:
What difference does that make? That it's more expensive?

Also, didn't Ford appreciate androids on a very humane level? In the pilot we see him having a friendly phylosophical conversation with one of the oldest androids like they are old friends. In the past episode he slashes an android's face just to prove that they don't have feelings and don't deserve respect.

>>And it’s doubtful that the U.S. sold Monument Valley National Park to a corporation.
>Dude it's like a television show.

Beyond the point of the U.S. government selling Monument Valley National Park to a corporation, where are the airplanes flying overhead and the real live rattlesnakes and other wildlife (including drunk kids on dirt bikes) wandering into the park that you'd get on Earth?

It's a sci-fi show that has robots indistinguishable from humans, what makes you think space travel is impossible in this setting?

>why would the guests want to go back if it's like a video game that you have to restart every day?

>why would grown men play videogames and restart them every day

>why would anyone go to an amusement park that's the same every time

It doesn't mean the entire park is on a daily loop. Different hosts have different loops. The daily loops are more for newcomers to Westworld.

The whole "reverie" update, which lets hosts remember more, basically alters the loop they have that cleans up daily memories. By not deleting every memory of things that happened in the past day, they can remember more.

Although apparently the hosts can remember things from long long ago, which implies they remember everything, but that their software makes them unable to access every memory.

Sorry, forgot about these 2
Leftovers might be in my top 10 shows of all time

It seems to be the only evidence people are using to say there are two timelines is two different logos in the show.

All shows about androids are about what makes us human.

Just like all shows about zombies aren't really about zombies.

These characters let people explore philosophical questions about humanity itself.

I'm not even arguing about it being on another planet or not, I don't even care about that because it doesn't seem central to the show. I'm just saying that in the future, if you see a show that uses real geographical landmarks, you shouldn't assume that the show is meant to be set at that real landmark. This show isn't set in monument valley, that's incredibly obvious. But that also doesn't mean that it isn't set in a fictional place (on earth or elsewhere) LIKE monument valley. Suspend your disbelief a bit yo

>Flashbacks are well indicated and it doesn't fucking matter when they happened at this point.

Except it does matter; the photograph Abernathy found on his farm for instance that caused him to freak out, which I will bet dollars to donuts, is a pic of William's fiancee that he dropped at some point in the past.

>No game would ever succeed on exploration alone

>what is Myst
>what if every open-world sandbox videogame ever
>implying godmode cheats aren't common in tons of games
>implying there are not millions of people playing gta online right this second

>t. worst show on television

Pleb detected.

>I will bet
You don't know. No one else knows. At this point you're wrong. That may change, but right now you're wrong and need to shut up and be patient. It's just that simple, baby boy.

>yet earlier in E02 we saw Milkman get deactivated after he freaked out and shot the robots in the saloon.

Have you considered there may be multiple copies of robots?

Have you considered that there are an untold number of employees of Westworld that spend all their time refurbing hosts?

Myst hasn't exactly aged well, and it's questionable if the concept is worth $40 grand a day for.

The experience is half-way between a zoo, or a themepark, and a game.

Or just as easily Bernard is Icarus and Ford is Daedalus the 'master craftsman' either works just fine Icarus is destroyed by his own hubris despite the warning of his wiser more experienced mentor, you can play with it a few different ways

>That it's more expensive
Basically that, it was the context of what I was replying to.

>In the pilot we see him having a friendly phylosophical conversation with one of the oldest androids like they are old friends. In the past episode he slashes an android's face just to prove that they don't have feelings and don't deserve respect.

Anthony Hopkins is hiding his feelings for the robots and his secret plans from management.

In the first instance, we see the "real" Ford treating a robot like a friend but when he later scolds the tech and slashes the robots face, that's the false front he's putting on for management, to prevent them from figuring out what he's doing (whatever that is).

>show has androids
>claims any show with androids is a ripoff

yeah but there's no way to know it since it could just be lazy writing.

>is a pic of William's fiancee
FUCKING DROP IT ALREADY, GUESTS ARE SCREENED FOR OUTSIDE MATERIALS AND IT WAS PROBABLY A CONTRACTOR WHO LET IT FALL

Name your favorite show. It's The Big Bang Theory isn't it?

So instead of waiting and seeing if it's leading somewhere youve just decided on ep 3 that's it's just shitty writing? you must be fun at parties

>I think when he initially came there, he didn’t come there to shoot up robotic people or have sex with robotic prostitutes. I don’t know why. I think he was probably more curious than anything when he first went there. I think he discovered this darker side of himself that he probably wasn’t even aware of on some level, but knew there was a real part of him and a real part of his nature. Every year, he goes back for a month and he purges it, so he doesn’t have to deal with it in the real world.

>Have you considered there may be multiple copies of robots?
This is something that they've avoided addressing, but the fact they replaced Abernathy and Walter with different hosts and that Dolores has been patched up numerous times with pieces of other hosts, and Maeve being replaced with Clementine as madam suggests WW doesn't make or keep dupes of a particular host body. This is likely for dramatic reasons more than in-world ones.

that's clearly not the same guy

Yeah there's no pleasing vidya tards. They will pick apart anything, and have the attention span of a goldfish.

>This show isn't set in monument valley, that's incredibly obvious. But that also doesn't mean that it isn't set in a fictional place (on earth or elsewhere) LIKE monument valley.

Yes, in fact it does. If it looks like Monument Valley but it's not Monument Valley, then it can't be on Earth.

Westworld is set in the American Wild West and we can see from horizon to horizon, either the corporation bought up vast tracts of the U.S. for its park, or it's some kinda holographic effect inside a vast cavern to make it look like the American Wild West.

As the former isn't very likely, odds are the later is correct.

James Marsden says in another interview that the actors are about as in the dark about what's happening as the viewers and only know what the scripts say beyond questions they ask the showrunners. And they do ask.

If Harris's speculations and comments are right, MiB's a speedrunner who thinks there's a pot of gold hidden in the park, and is probably in for a nasty surprise when he gets to the Maze.

I bet she has a nice pussy and tits.

>that de-aging

fuck thats impressive as a still.

He's not a speed runner he's a completionist, has to get %100, I feel for him

Yeah except its not. Milk boy is named walter, played by this dude (check wikipedia) imdb.com/name/nm1024193/ who is not in that image

They're not the same person, sorry m8

Name a show that feels like it's written by a philosophy professor.

>>I will bet
> You don't know. No one else knows.

Agreed, I'm just speculating based on the evidence.

> At this point you're wrong.

And yet here YOU are pontificating away with absolutely nothing to back you up....

>They're not the same person, sorry m8
The second actor in the pic above your post is listed in imdb as "New Walter"

>New Girl

wtfamireading.xls

The point is that no one knows. The default state of an assertion is untrue until evidence exists to prove it correct.

Theirs no multiple times lines you fucking retard

LET

IT

GO

>he's a completionist, has to get %100
And the tragedy he's about to encounter is that he probably got 100% a long time ago and can't accept it, thinking that the behind the scenes info he's collecting are clues.

>IT WAS PROBABLY A CONTRACTOR WHO LET IT FALL

Yes, I'm sure a pivotal plot point that has all kinda ramifications for the story, is completely meaningless...

>Dexter

>...
Learning disability detected. People will never take you seriously if you do this often.

> I know it says 100%, but it's only 87% at the village damn it where's that 13% fuck

This shit will drive you mad

>is completely meaningless
It wasn't meaningless, it triggered a major fault in Abernathy. But the blind need to connect every end of a piece of string isn't really helping you here.

The significance of the thing is itself. That picture of young Ford and Arnold? When the producers were asked if we'd see Arnold again the answer was "extremely unlikely."

Not everything has to be explained in connection to someone else in the show. Elsie is alive, we'll never see her, and if William lives to leave the park he'll marry her.

>imdb.com

Any retard can post whatever they like on IMDB and Milkman is the same guy from both scenes.

Yes, but WW has no guidebook and no way of knowing you hit 100%, esp. if they keep adding new storylines every few years.

Suggesting the park is an enclosed area, rather than an existing national park is valid.

There are no planes overhead, all the animals are robots, etc.

Then there's also that movie with Ed Harris and Jim Carrey where Truman lives under a giant dome.

>Any retard can post whatever they like on IMDB
As someone who's submitted entries and corrections, you are sadly mistaken here.

>The default state of an assertion is untrue until evidence exists to prove it correct.

The evidence suggest multiple timelines, there is nothing to suggest this isn't the case.

>I'm incapable of addressing the point, so I'll just shitpost!

Thanks, man.

Hence MiBs slow descent into madness

>The evidence suggest multiple timelines
There is no actual evidence of this, just your belief.

Ur welcome my retarded famalam

Different hosts have different loops. If a guest has already encountered an NPC, naturally the host could exhibit a different loop. They're already played the old "content."

If a host has no interaction with real live humans one day, they could possibly stick to their main loop. So yes, it's possible Dolores drops her can every day.

And sure, some storylines could have longer arcs than two weeks. However, I think I read two weeks is the maximum time a guest can stay at the park at any one time.

>>is completely meaningless
>It wasn't meaningless, it triggered a major fault in Abernathy.

And why would a random photo dropped by some no-name contractor who will never be addressed on the show, trigger a major fault in Abernathy?

Come on now, I'm not saying I "discovered" some amazing detail, it's all right there in front of you.

>The evidence suggest multiple timelines
if you mean parallel timelines diverging from an origin, there's no evidence whatsoever.

If you mean "some portions of the show take place earlier/later than others," yes, there's evidence.

No, it would be a sovereign entity.

Just like seasteading makes a group have an independent nation, not subject to any countries laws.

It's why people ask about law on Mars, if humans ever colonize it.

If humans colonized Mars, lolibot prostitutes could be legal.

>And why would a random photo dropped by some no-name contractor who will never be addressed on the show, trigger a major fault in Abernathy?

Because it contains pictures of cars, foreign clothing, and the night skyline of Manhattan and it's a color photograph?

It's alien to him. It's so alien in fact that Dolores can't even see what's in the picture because her programming can't parse what's in it.

>>The evidence suggest multiple timelines
>There is no actual evidence of this, just your belief.

There are multiple posts from multiple people in this thread pointing out the evidence, but you're free to believe what you like.

>implying the red planet would allow degenerates
Wew Lad

>There are multiple posts from multiple people in this thread pointing out the evidence
We're saying that the older WW logo and differences in Sweetwater are evidence that William and Logan aren't in time present. We never said this was an alternate timeline.

>implying exploration and getting new powerups isn't an integral part of most videogames

You think the pornified opening of Dexter didn't directly influence the opening of Hannibal which didn't influence the opening or Daredevil or Westworld?

>If you mean "some portions of the show take place earlier/later than others," yes, there's evidence.

That's what I've been saying all along, where have you been?

Right, so they replaced the host with a new one playing the same role like they did with Dolores's father.

IMDB is just there for the picture. It's the dude who plays walter in the milk scene. AKA not anyone in the picture you posted. Do you have trouble with facial recognition or something?

Timelines doesn't mean what you think it means. It's a science fiction term related to time travel and/or alternate universes, not sections along one unchanging linear path.

what am I looking at?

>And why would a random photo dropped by some no-name contractor who will never be addressed on the show, trigger a major fault in Abernathy?

Because it shows a location that doesn't exist in Westworld.

Where is the photo taken? Clearly as human viewers we can identify it as Times Square. But the robot has no notion of that.

That's why it triggers an existential crisis in the robot.

Where was this photo taken? Where is this place?

As for now, we don't know who left the photo. And in park with tons of visitors, we don't really know if the person who dropped it will be a big factor in the show. Maybe Ford planted it, who knows. All just speculation at this point.

>Right, so they replaced the host with a new one playing the same role like they did with Dolores's father.
Exactly. In Maeve's case, they're going to either make Clementine the new madam as Clementine, or as the new Maeve.

>If you mean "some portions of the show take place earlier/later than others," yes, there's evidence.

Such as?

>implying it's not pedophiles driving the need to colonize mars in order to have pedo laws there

>No, it would be a sovereign entity.

Not by any kinda legal default.

A planet declaring independence would have to have the population and resources to enforce and defend that independence;

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outer_Space_Treaty

I'm surprised that there isn't more raping going on tbqh.

>Such as?
When Ford's telling in flashback how the bicameral model led to insanity, the technician in the room with the scratched up host is wearing the old WW logo, the same one William encounters when encountering the host who does orientation.

In time present there's no use of anything but the current WW logo.

William's experience of downtown Sweetwater doesn't include the sheriff quest but instead a Union soldier quest. Teddy is nowhere present and neither is Maeve (who was presumably still in the Homesteader Massacre storyline). The ammo that hits William is a dum-dum bullet leaving a bruise, not a smart bullet that decelerates (this is the official explanation, sorry).

It's subtle, but it's there.

It's adapted from Crichton, not Martin

The logo being different is the only evidence I've really heard so far but it doesn't really add up to much IMO.

Dolores running to William after shooting the bandit in the most recent episode pretty much rules out separate timeframes in my mind since she's wound up in the other plotlines which are present day (Teddy's not there bc he's off hunting down Wyatt in Ford's new story, which is why she's there alone)

I'm sure there's some way you could justify it panning out (Teddy's not there for some other reason in the past timeline which we're not shown or something) but that would amount to some seriously shitty and deceptive story telling that I doubt they would stoop to

So you think when humans colonize Mars, the whole planet will be subject to US law? International law?

Simply because someone planted a flag?

Mars is already independent.

The question is not how would Mars defend that indepedence, it's how would you enforce US law on Mars?

Still, though. This is a place where the guests are basically encouraged to abuse the hosts at will, they can randomly shoot them and get away with it, and you're telling me that nobody has raped Dolores? Come on.

>is the only evidence I've really heard so far
then read
>Dolores running to William after shooting the bandit
That's what it looks like but so far we don't actually know. If it develops that way, then yes, William and Logan are guests in time present. But the cliffhanger doesn't leave time to know if she left after shooting Rebus, or just left after the guaranteed event (pic related).

We're not all sick fucks like you, user. Also, I think the knowledge that Westworld's staff are watching you discourages that kind of stuff.

>and you're telling me that nobody has raped Dolores
I'm telling you she's been spitroasted by horses, used as a human toilet, scalped, eviscerated, probably close to incinerated, and anything else you can imagine plus some stuff you can't.

I'm just saying the show's producers aren't drawing on someone with serious titillation entitlement issues as an author.

>The question is not how would Mars defend that indepedence, it's how would you enforce US law on Mars?

Well, in the theory of the bicameral mind, Julian Jaynes suggested that ancient humans relied on command hallucinations, like the one Dolores has saying shoot him.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicameralism_(psychology)
>Bicameralism (the philosophy of "two-chamberedness") is a hypothesis in psychology that argues that the human mind once assumed a state in which cognitive functions were divided between one part of the brain which appears to be "speaking", and a second part which listens and obeys—a bicameral mind. The term was coined by Julian Jaynes, who presented the idea in his 1976 book The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind, wherein he made the case that a bicameral mentality was the normal and ubiquitous state of the human mind as recently as 3000 years ago.

The theory is that one part of the brain issues commands, other parts obey. Jaynes suggested those command hallucinations led to the human creation of gods. That ancient humans each literally had a personal god which told them what to do. You could call that a "conscience" today. Even now, think of people telling themselves "you can do this" or "I got this" or trying to psych themselves up for something.

>In time present there's no use of anything but the current WW logo.

All I've seen are one kind of logo (maybe made of metal) on glass, and another kind of logo in a digital wallscreen. I have no reason to believe the logos would be consistent all throughout the park.

>The ammo that hits William is a dum-dum bullet leaving a bruise, not a smart bullet that decelerates (this is the official explanation, sorry).

William does seem to be hit by rubber bullets, unlike the bullets that poof at MIB.

>So you think when humans colonize Mars, the whole planet will be subject to US law? International law?

If technology is advanced enough that full-blown colonization is possible (not just research stations like we have in Antarctica, for example), I think you could also enforce the law. It's not that different from Spain enforcing the law in its 16th century colonies. Mars will probably try to declare independence eventually, but in the short run (first few hundred years or so) it's no big deal.

>and you're telling me that nobody has raped Dolores
Didn't they all but explicitly state that's exactly what happened to Dolores during the MiB encounter in the pilot?

>The ammo that hits William is a dum-dum bullet leaving a bruise, not a smart bullet that decelerates (this is the official explanation, sorry).

Indeed, Hollywood's continuing and willing stupidity when it comes to guns...

>I have no reason to believe the logos would be consistent all throughout the park.
You don't work somewhere with a marketing division, I do. They're like queen bees, adamant about erasing any evidence of their predecessor.

But even ignoring the logo, the other differences stand out in a show where repetition is a constant theme.

>Mars will probably try to declare independence eventually, but in the short run (first few hundred years or so) it's no big deal.

I'm leery to suggest it considering what GoT became, but this would make for a fantastic tv series;

If only a brave /k/ommando like yourself could set the record straight, right before the producers and prop department tell you to go fuck yourself.

What the fuck is he doing? Don't watch TWD but fuuucck is that normal inthe show? Is their any logical reason for that?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_waters
>International waters have no sovereignty, ergo is "Terra nullius" as no state controls it. All states have the freedom of: fishing, navigation, overflight, laying cables and pipelines and research.

>Oceans, seas, and waters outside of national jurisdiction are also referred to as the high seas or, in Latin, mare liberum (meaning free sea).

>high seas: "all parts of the sea that are not included in the territorial sea or in the internal waters of a State" and where "no State may validly purport to subject any part of them to its sovereignty."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasteading
>Seasteading is the concept of creating permanent dwellings at sea, called seasteads, outside the territory claimed by any government. Most proposed seasteads have been modified cruising vessels. Other proposed structures have included a refitted oil platform, a decommissioned anti-aircraft platform, and custom-built floating islands.

>The closest things to a seastead that have been built so far are large ocean-going ships sometimes called "floating cities", and smaller floating islands.

>The term combines the words sea and homesteading. At least two people independently began using it: Ken Neumeyer in his book Sailing the Farm (1981) and Wayne Gramlich in his article "Seasteading – Homesteading on the High Seas" (1998).[3]

Why bother, the expanse already exists

True. I was thinking more about the "regular" guests, though. MiB seems to be operating by a different set of rules.

But he didn't rape her, he scalped her we saw it

What do laws about international waters have to do with planets? And either way, the treaty will be ignored once it becomes convenient for everyone to do so. The same thing happened with the Treaty of Tordesillas, eventually everyone (including Spain and Portugal) just stopped paying attention to it.

>a tv series about Mars becoming independent

There was an anime about this. Kind of shitty though.

>There was an anime

>Most recent example, I can think of was Plastic Memories, a spring 2015 anime.

let's agree not to do this on Cred Forums

>kind of shitty though

The first episode was alright

youtube.com/watch?v=wI7ft8xMYuQ

I've always found the idea of former colonies turning the tables on their old masters to be interesting, there are surprisingly few examples in modern history.

What's the rule about anime on tv, anyway? Is it considered it's own category, like how WWE isn't allowed on Cred Forums?

*its own

More or less but mods are fags about allowing anime everywhere on Cred Forums

Bumping this shit.

Nobody owns or controls the ocean.

So why think anybody could "own" Mars?

Furthermore, Westworld could be in an Elysium-style space station. It would basically mean that other countries and their laws can fuck off.