This was the best of the films in the trilogy. Discuss

This was the best of the films in the trilogy. Discuss.

Agreed, I liked it way more than I expected to. Classic, campy tone, reverent to the original. Beautiful action, FX, character design. Serviceable plot. Yet another revenge story, but done better than the previous two.

You are correct, thought that isn't saying much.

yes

yeah, one of the best ST films too

>75448983
Will the Borg make an appearance in the fourth film?

I liked the Space Station. I'm not a trekkie, is it famous or something?

Star Trek '09 is still better. It had a great energy to it all. The way they explored the origins of these characters was great - It felt like it was truly revitalizing Star Trek. The time travel and alternate time line stuff was also quite fun and interesting.

Beyond, to me, felt like Insurrection. It would have made a fine enough episode but it ended up feeling like an episode stretched into a movie - too long, a bit dull, and with subpar storytelling, villain, etc… I wanted something "bigger" for the 50th anniversary

It was sure as shit better than Into Darkness though

The trilogy has been pretty crappy, so not that hard to be the best of it. Abrams has no business touching science fiction.

I
CAN'T STAND IT

meh, its kind of like shitting 3 turds then trying to pick out the best one

I left the theater 30 seconds in.

Watched it a couple of days ago, thought it was great. First trailer made me sceptical, what the fuck were they thinking?

On a side note, why do people shit so much on Into Darkness? Wasn't it a decently made movie as well?

Why did into darkness suck so bad?

>Star Trek '09 is still better. It had a great energy to it all. The way they explored the origins of these characters was great - It felt like it was truly revitalizing Star Trek.
This.
May I also add that it felt like a true adventure film of yesteryear and ironically it was a better Star Wars film than JarJar Adams' The Turd Awakens.

It was the worst Star Trek movie to ever exist, and it was completely avoidable.

because edgy as fuck

fuck off. the force awakens was great.or do you just hate it cuz Muh Tumbler

No into darkness was just actually bad. I'm really glad beyond made no references to it. that way you can just watch 09 and then beyond and you're not missing anything.

The tired themes of what if Starfleet is corrupt! Getting caught was part of his plan! He's a lone wolf revenge antagonist, again, this time without the endearing background like OG Khan, a leader of men and women, whom we saw, this endearing us to him. No splendor, adventure, could have been any IP.

>the force awakens was great

What did JJ Abrahams mean by this?

Why did Khan teleport to Klingon homeworld?

Abrams thought he could slap the name "Kahn" onto a villain, throw in some more excuses to sky dive in space, and that was all he needed to make a movie. He doesn't know how to make a real story, so all he puts the enemy in a big scary ship and pretends that is enough.

To suck my dick.

Biggerer is always betterer

>black ship
>is bigger and has more girth than white ship
what the fuck

Is that what RLM told you to think?

0/10
Try to be more believable.

>directed by Justin Lin

kys

I thought that before i saw it too. Didnt plan on seeing it let alone enjoying it.

lol they already shat out 3 of these?

>Yet another revenge story
And yet again it's a villain from another time period.

I disagree. The end reveal ruined it.

Because of the way it ended it just turned out to be an over bloated TV episode.

I like the characters and the story. i like the introduction of a new generation of heroes into star wars

Because in the Abrams universe you can transport anywhere in the galaxy from anywhere else in the galaxy, and you can sniper a small area on any planet from any location in the galaxy, and you can see any planet being destroyed no matter what other planet you are on at the time.

>Have a fleet of >1bn ships
>All we get to see a village

That and the stupid fucking playing rock music makes them all explode shit was awful

>he unironically liked the story of ANH 2.0

>Theme of the movie is supposed to be "working together in unity is our strength!"
>Krall is defeated because his force is a bunch of little ships working together in unity which made them vulnerable to being disrupted, whereas if he had a big single ship like the other villains he would have been unstoppable

What did Pegg mean by this?

>they unironically hate other people for liking things

Sofia a cute.

because krall's ships were working together for evil and evil always loses?

Yes.
Much less baggage, and it feels like a self-contained "Saturday morning story" (that's a good thing, given the source material). I attribute that to JJ Abrams not being involved with it, as his ego and the hype attached to his name can let people make movies that aren't pretending to be "special" and don't have all that "new Spielberg" baggage + bullshit.

Everything this guy said, except in my opinion the "revenge story" part was abysmal.

I much preferred the story as it developed, as it seemed like the enemy was a "delved too deep" type of alien horror, but then for some reason all it is is a black guy who fucked up in his job, has a vendetta against Starfleet, and created drone-clones of himself with a McGuffin.

It's only a small issue though because they throw it in at the end but the ending is still built around the imagery and action.

The first is the best, this one was retarded desu

Hate no.
Disdain yes.

Its just a shit remake of Wrath of Khan. Its poorly paced, oddly structured, and just overall a mediocre follow-up to the 2009 film

I actually believe he decided Cumberbitch was Khan in the middle of shooting

It was like going back in time to save some whales, but with the power of music and obsolescence

>Yes.
>Much less baggage, and it feels like a self-contained "Saturday morning story" (that's a good thing, given the source material).
this
it's pretty annoying when every movie is supposed to be hyped epic story
the way the story was self-contained was a good idea

maybe it's my childhood bias, but ive always loved the voyage home

That fucking tweeat was lame and sucked all of the air out of the movie for me. It was fucking lame.

They should have kept the story as it was.

>tweest

Seems plausible.

I wanna fug that alien chick

Btw she's the actress who played gazelle in Kingman

Op is a faggot

and she's playing the mummy in the new Mummy reboot

You know what I find weird? I think the weird markings on that alien woman in your op related image is pretty hot. but not in the usual way. You know when you look at a pretty car and you think it looks cool? Or at some new concept/old jet fighter and you think it looks slick?

Well she kinda is like that.

So I was thinking. What if women actually tap into this technologically aesthetic reverence that men have for machines. What if women dressed up as cars, had the logo's and themes of fancy, good looking cars somehow cleverly made over them.

Wouldnt that a be a weird new way for women to look more attractive, if they also used this really weird, evolutionary ability of men to find certain technology sexy?

What I am trying to say is, what if women looked like cpu's?

Op is a woman, if that makes you feel any better. You were somewhat correct. Op is attracted to men. Just not a fag.

>Beautiful action

For the space scenes I 100% agree but the fistfights were terribly shot.

Maybe we'll see Q throw them deep into space never to return

>Op is a woman
you know the rules

>that part where Idris just grabs those two guys hanging upside down and starts electrocuting them and screaming
Surely other people laughed; that scene was nuts.

>Hey y'know what our Star Trek movie needs? 9/11 conspiracy theories and Tony Scott style direction

It's uh, different, I'll give them that.

It really rejuvenated the dead franchise, like injecting magic blood into a corpse.

Trelane is the original Q type alien. I would have loved a good movie involving him, but I have zero faith in Abrams to do it.

>mfw they discovered immortality
>mfw they discovered instant FTL personal transportation
that was retarded

>and you can see any planet being destroyed no matter what other planet you are on at the time.

It really bothers me that he's done this across two franchises.

>>Have a fleet of >1bn ships
>>All we get to see a village

There's a brief explanation for this: the ships are drones left over from the advanced species that used to live on the planet. What I don't get is why the life extending tech changed Elba's accent and whether his henchman and the qt traitor were meant to be members of his original crew or not.

COULD SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT KHAN WAS EVEN TRYING TO DO

I don't even want to think about the absurdity of his stupidly-big star and how easy it was to destroy on a whim.

Hope we get to see her in skimpy Egyptian queenz garb.

Get caught.

I liked it the least out of the three. I even thought Into Darkness was better.

Effects were great, cast was great. Writing was terrible.

Writing was a lot better than Orci and Kurtzman imo

The part I hated was where Spock gets shamed for wanting to have vulcan babies to continue his almost extinct race instead of making mulattos with his black girlfriend.

As a white man this resonated with me for some reason.

It's not a trilogy you moron.

But yes, it was enjoyable for what it was.

But you're here, with us, on Cred Forums. Mating with _anyone_ is already out of the question for you.

Two of the biggest hacks in the industry. A fucking embarrassment, both of them. I laughed when Orci got shitcanned from the director's chair.

Yeah but Spock's literal race is almost completely extinct. Like his literal race that grew up on a different planet than earth.

And when he mentions he might want to help more vulcans be born instead of staying with his black girlfriend he still gets the old "Come on man, it's 3016. You know race doesn't exist."

Yorktown is mentioned in original series but never seen. So it's actually pretty cool to see it realised here. And it was a great design idea as well.

Yorktown is a ship in TOS and in all subsequent appearances/mentions.

Can we all agree that Star Trek is the one soft-reboot done good?

No.

I wanna fuck her head off dude

thats how i feel about crab grill