Is this any good?

Is this any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L9Mf5UBFvH4
youtube.com/watch?v=TV3IgZeQk_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=IDsCtDRV2uA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i really enjoyed it. ann hathaway almost ruined it for me but i still really liked it

no 3/10-4/10 max

It's about as good as the opening scene of TDKR.

Pure kino, despite what plebs might tell you. Some of the cinematography/soundtrack brought me closer to an experience of the Kantian sublime than any film I've ever seen.

yes but it's mixed with some stupid shit as well

worth watching though if you like scifi or qt girls

Best cinematic experience I have had desu.

is it any good?! its only film of the year, if not film of the decade. so yeah its kinda worth a watch, probably a few watches because its so in depth and the plot is so intricate so much will go over your head.
i dont even know how a human can be capable of making such art

youtube.com/watch?v=L9Mf5UBFvH4

To answer your question, yes, it is "any good." Just consider that while being very creative than the Batman films, it's less restrained in incoherency.

lol

This is why publications generally don't ask physicists to review films.

It is fucking amazing. I'm a physics professor, so I'm pretty biased, but it's by far my favorite movie.

its literally babbys first general relativity lesson, its an exposition cliche flick with shit direction. its dull

Its epic

dull is the last word id use to describe this movie

You wasted that degree huh? Sad.

Yes.
Not only Nolan's best, but some of Hans Zimmer's best work as well.

/r/iamverysmart

>IMAX 70mm with that visuals and soundtrack
>"lol pleb XDDD"

kys contrarian shitter

>one of the worst movies ever made

I don't think this is a good movie, but there's nothing so nonsensical in that movie than a hyperbole such as that. Also, why would people ask his opinion on the show's artistic merits as opposed to its scientific merits? He's no less unqualified than the average person, but he's therefore no more qualified than they are.

Do I only have to succeed in astophysics to have people ask my opinions on any other subject? This movie was, of course, related, but that means his qualification to evaluate the movie ended where its scientific elements ended. What about dialogue, pacing, production values, integration of themes, acting, etc. There are much bigger problems with this movie than it being too long and the plan about generating humans being fuzzy.

watch more films. nolans visuals suck you fucking idiot.

dull is the exact word i would use. nolan has an entire universe at his disposal and he has the most bland direction possible. and to top it all off tries to go full kubrick but fails massively as he cliches the shit out of it and makes it into a nice lil drama

Good argument contrarian fag

>he thinks time dilatation is complex
>he thinks it was well used in the movie

nice retort fuckface

he tried to make it more of a realistic sci fi world. What did you want? aliens with lasers and colorful magical planets?

youtube.com/watch?v=TV3IgZeQk_Q

>bad
>it's a Anti-Nolan shitter that can only use buzzwords

Maybe actual tone progression and atmosphere and horror

fell asleep 15 minutes in

It's an original big budget sci fi. Most aspects of it are really well done. The quality of how the themes are handled in regards to the plot are debatable (I liked it) but it's a great movie regardless.

The effects and music alone make it worth watching. Chunks of the film are pretty silly, and you'll know which they are when you watch it, but other bits are completely mesmerizing.

>literally only using buzzwords
>can't even recognize them when he sees them

>posting his little cliche scene
you're lucky this board is dead and i dont care that you are a massive fucking pleb

interstellar was fucking pathetic. go jerk off to mackenize foy

Unless you wear a fedora constantly I'd avoid this flick

it had incredible atmospher in my opinion and i dont think it really needed horror. The time slippage ruining the kids lives was pretty distressing

Why is it "stupid shit"? What makes it "stupid" as opposed to unconventional?

>those are buzzwords
Not him, you are autistic.

This, shocker Cred Forums has become anti art

>massive fucking pleb
>fucking pathetic
>go jerk off to mackenize foy

You must be over 18 to post here

awful music

Its terrible

Nice meme you triggered little bitch

>can't even actually pull out a single argument and resorts to insults

fucking lel, kys autist

calm down

Say that again and I'll type ree louder than I've ever typed before.

>loved by normies everywhere
>is in the top 20s on imdb
>fedora tipping Cred Forums fags

Rather the opposite I would say

I agree with this, but it's hard to take seriously as a movie.

I am so tired of movies with incredible visuals and creativity being ruined with a bad script. Blockbuster movies should start offering for scripts millions of dollars, but expect absolute perfection, or at least not such glaring problems because there's no excuse. If the script has problems, rewrite it.

It's the first truly good score Zimmer has put out in years. And it was a solo effort on his part, so he gets bonus points for that.

What were your major problems with the script?

I legit think this is one of the best sci fi films to come out in years and in general I think it's just great. But so many people have problems with it but rarely say why beyond general terms. So I'm asking

overrated but still good and definitely worth watching

some parts of it are very good others are kind of cringy

It is shit. Fuck you Nolan apologists.

Nolan's best film since The Prestige. Take that as you will. I really liked it

it's awful

youtube.com/watch?v=IDsCtDRV2uA

If you were not moved while watching Interstellar in IMAX you're probably too dumb to understand the movie, stick to Michael Bay and capeshit please.
I stepped out of the theater after watching Interstellar and literally fell to my knees and thrust my arms into the air.

"NOLAN!" I cried.

I cried a lot that much for the first time in my life.

I couldn't believe the masterpiece I had just witnessed. I felt like throughout the entire film Nolan himself was speaking to me, through space and time, his love was there. He assured me that a new era of film has arrived, a new era to save us from these lackluster movies we are accustomed too.

When the ship was about to make its descent into black hole, the three people sitting behind me simultaneously shot their load, some landing on me, but I didn't care. I was already in full spasm from the orgasmic cinematography I was seeing.

In all seriousness this a solid 15/10.

It'll almost two years and I'm still wiping my tears as I try to relive that moment, I'm afraid I will never experience this exhilarating joy and sadness ever again in my life.

Thank you Nolan... Thank you ;_;

I'm sure it's been discussed plenty of times elsewhere. Just search plot holes in Google for this movie and you'll see the basis of my complaints.

>muh plot holes
Yes, that is important, especially in a science fiction movie and when plenty of movies manage not to have them.

Do you really want me to get into it? The argument should be that I should tolerate these plot holes, not that they aren't there, to which I say there's only so much before a plot is ruined by frequent and massive holes before one loses interest in what's happening in the movie as a narrative. This movie always looked good visually when it was off earth, but did it make sense? No, it didn't.

>But so many people have problems with it but rarely say why beyond general terms.
I'm sure you can find problems online.

if you think nolan is a good director you are literally fucking low level Plebian trash.

>it bad

Such a well structured and stimulating argument. Bravo!

Not the same guy you're replying to, but Nolan doesn't write dialogue well. The characters just kind of blurt out pure subtext, and explain the meaning of the film to each other. For a lot of his actors, it seems to be a real struggle to make their conversations seem natural and human. It results in some flat moments and wooden performances. This is the main gripe I have with almost all his movies.

With that said, though, I really did love Interstellar and agree that it's the best sci-fi film I've seen in ages. I can endure a few lines of clunky dialogue for a film as ambitious and well-realized as this one

But come on, don't tell me you didn't roll your eyes a bit when Michael Caine started reading that poem to the astronauts right before they launched. If I'd directed this movie, McConaughey would've just shut off his headset and cut the old man off mid-sentence

well I personally though the last 15 minutes or so were a huge letdown.

>endless cutting back to overdramatic bullshit on the farm with Topher Grace waving a tire iron around
>no one really cares that the astronaut who disappeared on his incredible quest to save humanity years and years ago has finally been found again (the nurse even laughs at him)
>After all that buildup, the final scene with his daughter is cut short because no father should watch his daughter die?
>no wonder the son was such an asshole, Coop barely acknowledged his existence the whole movie

B... beautiful!

>it good

it's making me sleepy

I saw it in IMAX it was meh

>the best sci-fi film in ages
>love is a fundamental force of the universe

i cried in the theaters

>professor
>has stable employment ahead for decades
>makes a lot of money
>gets to bang college chicks

>wasted his degree

To be fair about the son thing, its perfectly understandable how the kid was dead to coop when he was more concerned about the flat tire when a fucking drone was flying overhead and they had seconds/minutes to catch it.

I was the one asking you personally why you think it's so terrible, you can't accuse me of "it gud" when the ball is in your court you poop-face

Got to watch in imax and really enjoyed myself in the theater. It's obviously not some groundbreaking masterpiece but i enjoyed it

This movie has honestly changed my life.

I went into it not expecting much, considering that was hyped to shit . Holy fucking shit , I was I blown away. I was hooked, like a baby to a tit with creamy foamy milk. I could feel the energy and hype flowing through my body, bringing light to my dull life. I resonated with Cooper. I could feel his struggle and his desire to surpass his limitations, something that struck me hard. Everything suddenly stopped when I heard the words:

It's not impossible, it's necessary

and I started trembling. That was me, I feel like I've been my life has been impossible these past years. I haven't been able to hold a steady job, my grades were starting to slip, and my parents suspect that I'm gay. It was right then and there that I knew that I had to get my shit together. I can't think of any other movie that has had such a profound effect on me, let alone on the first 2 hours. Ever since that absolute kinography expericne, I'm a change man, I'm a better man. Thank you, Interstellar, thank you Nolan.

It's necessary.

dude love

even if it wasnt for that

>anything with anne hathaway
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

save me from her shit acting

I genuinely cried during this if that means anything to you.

Can someone explain the ending to me? I watched it a few days ago but I don't understand what the fuck that weird room Cooper was in was supposed to be.

when he sat down for the video tapes after the time slippage i balled

The humans of the future or something time-traveled and gave Cooper a room to step in that was time represented as a physical ... aw, fuck, I dunno. Just roll with it

Shitty attempt at 2deep4u surreal writing, while referencing both Contact and 2001.

>love is bigger than our dimension
>visit this world with dead people instead of the living man because of higher dimensional love
WHAT THE FUCK

it was quite the movie experience

for you

Saw it twice in theater. Didn't like it either time, in fact it only got worse the second time.

Maybe it just wasn't my type of movie, but to me it was the most overhyped movie of the year.

someone explain how going into space and then going back in time to tell yourself to go into space isn't stupid and impossible

would have been better if they just started a space colony or saved all the humans somehow

fucking dreadful like everything nolan has done
he is just a slightly more sophisticated michael bay

water planet alone makes it good imo

how could a man be so retarded?

maybe his name isn't the only thing with an extra letter

It was great until the whole
love connects us all bullshit.

In my theatre, people were also crying and praising after the movie. A mother gave birth while watching since she didn't want to miss the movie. Afterwards, she named her baby

>NOLAN

except that's not what it was at all.

>someone explain how going back in time isn't stupid and impossible
fixed for you

Its ok. I liked the first two hours